Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

I Just Relocated To The East Like A Week Now (EBONYI) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Just Relocated To The East Like A Week Now (EBONYI) (461 Views)

Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) / Who Is The Ogane To The East Of Benin / Ebonyi Masquarades Operating Phone (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Relocated To The East Like A Week Now (EBONYI) by Artisticity1: 9:23am On Jun 09, 2022
I've been off for long but this is my first time of coming to the east. I want to give an eye witness account. I've heard many things about the east that I want to do my findings myself.

I'm currently in Ezza-South, LGA of Ebonyi state. They are nice and caring people and i was welcomed warmly. They are calm and acomodating... I love them, they have well educated youths and believe in education. In that side, a father can sell all his belongings just to make sure at least half of his kids gets educated. The others might do menial jobs to support their father in sponsoring their other siblings. In Ebonyi, they are marginalized and deprived of political positions. Ezza people are mostly warriors. I heard they repelled many attacks of Fulani herdsmen... Till now i never see where them dey sell beef for here

In Ebonyi there are 4 LGAs that have similar languages. Only the indigenes can differenciate them. But to an outside like me, they sound alike.
Ezza, Izzi, Ikwo, Mgbo.... I heard they are brothers but they always fight for land. Ezza is the worst of them all, always having records of land disputs. But history has it that Ikwo hardly fights With Ezza. People from outside the state refer to all of them as Abakaliki people but the actual Abakaliki people is Izzi (which is where the state capital is located).

Their language is no different from the original Igbo, just that their tongue is faster while they speak making it look as if they are rapping in a foreign language. But if they slow down, you will understand almost everything they say so long as you can speak and understand Igbo language.

Igbo's are fun to be with. I will try my best to learn their language before I leave for Ikwo

Wahala for who no sabi Igbo cheesy
Igbo kwenu!
Menu!!
Venue!!!
Revenue o!!!!

1 Like

Re: I Just Relocated To The East Like A Week Now (EBONYI) by Ebubu: 9:25am On Jun 09, 2022
which state/ethnic group are you from?
Re: I Just Relocated To The East Like A Week Now (EBONYI) by Artisticity1: 9:28am On Jun 09, 2022
Ebubu:
which state/ethnic group are you from?

It will bring tribal comments.
Let's leave it here
Re: I Just Relocated To The East Like A Week Now (EBONYI) by obiekunie01: 9:33am On Jun 09, 2022
Artisticity1:

It will bring tribal comments.
Let's leave it here

no sir!

you need to tell us the state you are coming from so as to clear the doubts of those who are hell bent on painting the igbos yellow.
Re: I Just Relocated To The East Like A Week Now (EBONYI) by Artisticity1: 9:39am On Jun 09, 2022
obiekunie01:

no sir!

you need to tell us the state you are coming from so as to clear the doubts of those who are hell bent on painting the igbos yellow.

Tribe doesn't determine whether you are good or bad. If you are bad, you are bad.
In Nigeria, there is no tribe of saints
Re: I Just Relocated To The East Like A Week Now (EBONYI) by SHINJA: 10:28am On Jun 09, 2022
obiekunie01:

no sir!

Na Igbo he b na...
Re: I Just Relocated To The East Like A Week Now (EBONYI) by Artisticity1: 11:26am On Jun 09, 2022
SHINJA:

Na Igbo he b na...

Dash me any tribe, I will gladly accept it.
I want to learn all the main languages in Nigeria. For now, I can speak two fluently but still trying to learn more
Re: I Just Relocated To The East Like A Week Now (EBONYI) by Ebubu: 12:40pm On Jun 09, 2022
Artisticity1:

Dash me any tribe, I will gladly accept it.
I want to learn all the main languages in Nigeria. For now, I can speak two fluently but still trying to learn more
you want to be lyk okorocha grin
Re: I Just Relocated To The East Like A Week Now (EBONYI) by Artisticity1: 3:28pm On Jun 09, 2022
Ebubu:
you want to be lyk okorocha grin

No! That one get zero for primaries grin
Re: I Just Relocated To The East Like A Week Now (EBONYI) by Ebubu: 3:31pm On Jun 09, 2022
grin
Artisticity1:

No! That one get zero for primaries grin

(1) (Reply)

Untold Recent History Of Ile-ife (ugbomokun) / Intriguing & Fascinating Ohafia War Dance. / History Of Ogere Remo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.