Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

Surge In Voters' Registration: INEC Should Be Up And Doing (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Surge In Voters' Registration: INEC Should Be Up And Doing (Photos) (24354 Views)

Why We Can’t Extend Voters Registration – INEC / Nigerians Will Soon Hear From Us On Extension Of Voter Registration – INEC / Why We Didn’t Disqualify Yahaya Bello for Double Registration -INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Surge In Voters' Registration: INEC Should Be Up And Doing (Photos) by Henrymas(m): 10:33pm On Jun 09, 2022
Any one that cast a vote for Tinubu and by extension the APC is a complete idiot.

4 Likes

Re: Surge In Voters' Registration: INEC Should Be Up And Doing (Photos) by kingyakos: 10:35pm On Jun 09, 2022
diplomat058:

You can pass your message and hawk your Obi without lying about being Yoruba. Stop the bullshit!

Bros I'm not a Yoruba, i copy paste that post i sent to you and it was said by a Yoruba Christian who is my friend.

1 Like

Re: Surge In Voters' Registration: INEC Should Be Up And Doing (Photos) by remsonik(f): 10:37pm On Jun 09, 2022
Anyways I am happy with the surge in voters registration and I wish such massive voting in the 2023 elections. I am yoruba but can't have Tinubu or Atiku. I will vote Peter Obi

4 Likes

Re: Surge In Voters' Registration: INEC Should Be Up And Doing (Photos) by kingyakos: 10:38pm On Jun 09, 2022
BabydiHot:
igbos should arm themselves against Tinubu supporter thugs in Lagos.

if they come close to attack you mob them and slaughter them immediately.

Calm down pls, u sef supposed know say igbos no dey fear. na only open eye Lagos thugs get.

2 Likes

Re: Surge In Voters' Registration: INEC Should Be Up And Doing (Photos) by ogatboy(m): 10:38pm On Jun 09, 2022
aieromon:
CVR commenced in July 2021. The surge is as a result of latecomers who prefer to wait until the last minute.

One year is more than enough time to get a PVC.

It should be a continuous process. People turn 18 everyday. Why does INEC have to wait for election season to do voters registration?

4 Likes

Re: Surge In Voters' Registration: INEC Should Be Up And Doing (Photos) by Gorgeous4lyf(m): 10:47pm On Jun 09, 2022
Mikelarteta:
Does votes really counts in Nigeria? Everyone of them would have start strategies of how to rig.

Please keep your pessimism to yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Surge In Voters' Registration: INEC Should Be Up And Doing (Photos) by duality(m): 10:51pm On Jun 09, 2022
XerXers:
Electoral reforms made igbos have more confidence in the system. They can't close shop for election that their votes will not count. Secondly, Peter Obi's emergence as a presidential candidate when major parties seem to ignore igbos. This is the reason for the surge in voter registration noticed mainly in ignorant dominated areas

Is it not late?

With this surge, I doubt everyone will be captured and will get their PVC.
Re: Surge In Voters' Registration: INEC Should Be Up And Doing (Photos) by ArewaNorth: 10:56pm On Jun 09, 2022
Honestly, the delusions of most views stated here is our of this planet.
Election can't be won in a particular zone with few voters outside the zone.
Re: Surge In Voters' Registration: INEC Should Be Up And Doing (Photos) by Blakpot: 11:00pm On Jun 09, 2022
Lol
This surge is as a result of self preservation.
Buhari and APC don show Nigerians pepper.
The country is in critical condition.
Survival mode has kicked in now.
Ppl are desperate for genuine change, for the better.

Edit: Fvck APC and PDP.
They're all the same, filled with old power hungry crooks.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Surge In Voters' Registration: INEC Should Be Up And Doing (Photos) by pacesetting: 11:04pm On Jun 09, 2022
Not when PDP, APC, and NNPP will battle it out in the North, with LP earning some Christian and non indegene votes.
ArewaNorth:

4 Likes

Re: Surge In Voters' Registration: INEC Should Be Up And Doing (Photos) by Hearme(m): 11:11pm On Jun 09, 2022
moscow007:
grin
the Tsunami is coming and nothing can stop it...in 2015 the five states in south-east (Abia, Anambra, Imo, Ebonyi and Enugu) delivered 4,985,246 votes for PDP (dats approximately 5million registered voters already in their pocket), with the way things are going and the massive registration by next year 2023 election that number will double or might even triple in the South- East.

All I'm praying and hoping is for Atiku to make the mistake of not picking Okowa as his VP, we will join South-Easterners to vote OBI.

Igbos are every where and the last data showed over 5 million Igbos in Lagos, in 2020 Umahi stated that over 11.5 millions igbos lives in the North and they are all massively registering to vote.

they called them a dot in a circle, insignificant region with no voting power....we shall see about that!!

The unknown gunmen disrupting registration in the EAST should have been encouraging people to register. It is time for Nigerians to take back the Power and not vest it on some greedy delegates.

2 Likes

Re: Surge In Voters' Registration: INEC Should Be Up And Doing (Photos) by aieromon(m): 11:15pm On Jun 09, 2022
ogatboy:

It should be a continuous process. People turn 18 everyday. Why does INEC have to wait for election season to do voters registration?

They didn't wait.

CVR was originally supposed to commence in Q1 2020 before COVID-19 struck.

He recalled that the CVR took place continuously from 27 April 2017 and was only temporarily suspended on 31 August 2018 to enable the commission to prepare the data for the production of the Register of Voters and printing of Permanent Voter Cards (PVCs) for the 2019 General Elections.

The INEC boss said that the CVR could not recommence in 2020 due largely to the COVID-19 pandemic.

https://dailytrust.com/inec-to-resumes-nationwide-voters-registration
Re: Surge In Voters' Registration: INEC Should Be Up And Doing (Photos) by Temptee101(m): 11:16pm On Jun 09, 2022
kingyakos:

Go and get a new PVC

Ok
Thank you.
Re: Surge In Voters' Registration: INEC Should Be Up And Doing (Photos) by Temptee101(m): 11:17pm On Jun 09, 2022
Rickylambert:
Go for a replacement.Make sure you choose the local government you’d likely be in Feb 2023

Thank you
Re: Surge In Voters' Registration: INEC Should Be Up And Doing (Photos) by Eriokanmi: 11:19pm On Jun 09, 2022
istina:

I agree with you.
Even Yoruba Christians are bitter that Osinbajo couldn't win the APC ticket so they will rather align with Obi
I'm yoruba and i had said before that my vote would go to osinbajo and should he fail to bear the flag of the apc, I'd vote Obi and my decision stands. This election isn't about Christianity. Its about the common man in the country , those who have been shortchanged by the few high and mighty since independence. All our university students are home under the apc-led administration, what a shame? Like I said before, any student who supports either the apc or the pdp is under a curse.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Surge In Voters' Registration: INEC Should Be Up And Doing (Photos) by saintruky(m): 11:21pm On Jun 09, 2022
pleasureosondu:
There is a huge surge in Voter's registration in some states.

In Oshimili South Local Government, INEC staff stop registration by 1pm when there are hundreds of people yet to capture. It's the same issue at Aniocha Local Government, both from Delta State.

Currently, ebutte, Ikorodu LG of Lagos state is experiencing a massive of turnout while at Inec registration center at Amuwo Odofin FESTAC, the Inec registration officials started by 9 am to register people, only for thugs to disrupt the process.With the voters population at Amuwo Odofin local government area, there are not enough registration centre for PVC. I'm told that there no registration currently going on at Ojo Local Government, location for traders of Alaba International Market to register as no INEC staff on site( update, thugs are preventing the registration exercise)

At Egbema in ONELGA, Rivers State, there are no centers for voters registration here. Information on Uvwie, Warri, Delta state revealed that most people come as early as 5am and stay till 3pm(closing time of Inec office here) and we're not attended too.

It is the same issue at Area 10 of the FCT while registration of new voters have stopped at the Kuje Area Council.

The South East is experiencing a huge turnout with few staff in attendance. Okpara Square and INEC office, Enugu are experiencing surge as with Nnewi North, INEC office, Awka while Onitsha South LGA has just one system for over 500 people, all in Anambra State.

As at the time of writing, there are other states with this issue but for the fact that I do not have the exact location and local Government involved, I don't want to add these states (many of the affected states are of South West, East and South origin). Are you having issuing registering as a new voter at INEC registration centers? Write your state and the location.

Young boy wat do u mean by Uvwie, warri, Delta state? Is Uvwie LGA under warri?

FYI its, Effurun, Uvwie LGA, Delta state...

Uvwie n warri no get any connection... Dem be two separate entities... Take note
Re: Surge In Voters' Registration: INEC Should Be Up And Doing (Photos) by 1b8m: 11:28pm On Jun 09, 2022
This is an excerpt from "my watch"...a book written by olusegun Obasanjo

Re: Surge In Voters' Registration: INEC Should Be Up And Doing (Photos) by okorogodwin4(m): 11:30pm On Jun 09, 2022
ismhab:

Labour party don delivered twins.
so bros you dey hear news obis opponent in labour party don step down
Re: Surge In Voters' Registration: INEC Should Be Up And Doing (Photos) by ArewaNorth: 11:31pm On Jun 09, 2022
pacesetting:
Not when PDP, APC, and NNPP will battle it out in the North, with LP earning some Christian and non indegene votes.

The delusion is so excessive shocked
Re: Surge In Voters' Registration: INEC Should Be Up And Doing (Photos) by 43Ronin: 11:43pm On Jun 09, 2022
I told all this tifnubu urchins that igbo votes is not the same as SE votes. Igbo votes are more than SE votes because the igbo are in very large numbers in many states of the country. In Lagos alone there are more than 5 million igbos almost twice the amount if you add the ones in SS and the north. Every pastor, priest, clergy man should be preaching to their congregants to go get their pvc. Since terrorist(fulani NA) can now use choppers to attack innocent people we have to brace up. It's WAR

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Surge In Voters' Registration: INEC Should Be Up And Doing (Photos) by pleasureosondu(m): 11:50pm On Jun 09, 2022
saintruky:

Young boy wat do u mean by Uvwie, warri, Delta state? Is Uvwie LGA under warri?

FYI its, Effurun, Uvwie LGA, Delta state...

Uvwie n warri no get any connection... Dem be two separate entities... Take note
Correction is noted but can no longer modify it........ And there wasn't any need for the "young boy" jab,Mister man..... Take note

1 Like

Re: Surge In Voters' Registration: INEC Should Be Up And Doing (Photos) by Remman(m): 11:55pm On Jun 09, 2022
This number just showed that 80 percent of Nigerians don't used to vote

1 Like

Re: Surge In Voters' Registration: INEC Should Be Up And Doing (Photos) by Freebills12: 11:58pm On Jun 09, 2022
[color=#000099][/color]
streetsoldier1:

Amadioha fire you there. Make una dey get sense small small nah. Politics is about lobby and negotiations and not entitlements. Thatz the problems with igbos, you can agitate for something without throwing tantrums at other tribes. Same igbo man is still being used to torment Obi in Labour party, what can u say about that. An average Igbo man can sell his father for small amount of money.

You are now committing the same offence, I thought you should be more intelligent than him. Do you know the Igbos? You don't! There is no place in this world that a boy 12 will go and stay with someone and after 7 years he will become a rich man. It is only the an Igbo man that can do that, being their brothers keeper. Harvard University has set it as a course, Igbo marketing system.
Betrayal is in every tribe, the man has step down for Peter Obi. Osibanjo is a case study of betrayal, it's in every tribe.

2 Likes

Re: Surge In Voters' Registration: INEC Should Be Up And Doing (Photos) by OpinionCounts(m): 12:02am On Jun 10, 2022
moscow007:
grin
the Tsunami is coming and nothing can stop it...in 2015 the five states in south-east (Abia, Anambra, Imo, Ebonyi and Enugu) delivered 4,985,246 votes for PDP (dats approximately 5million registered voters already in their pocket), with the way things are going and the massive registration by next year 2023 election that number will double or might even triple in the South- East.

All I'm praying and hoping is for Atiku to make the mistake of not picking Okowa as his VP, we will join South-Easterners to vote OBI.

Igbos are every where and the last data showed over 5 million Igbos in Lagos, in 2020 Umahi stated that over 11.5 millions igbos lives in the North and they are all massively registering to vote.

they called them a dot in a circle, insignificant region with no voting power....we shall see about that!!

So, assuming Atiku chooses Okowa as his VP, you will vote for him and throw away the chance of voting for a sound mind as Peter Obi for president? You will throw away the chance of placing this sick Nigeria in the hands of a doctor and rather place it in the hands of a hunter just because of an inconsequential and powerless position of VP?
I am shocked that with all we are suffering in this country today due to bad, uninformed, unintelligent and unqualified leaders, we still have people that can wilfully hand this country over to the same crop of bad leaders that put us in this sick situation just because of myopic sentiments.
As if osinbanjo being the VP has spared Ogun State(his state) and its indigenes from the effects and sufferings of all the terrible, negative policies and bad leadership of Buhari.
We need to grow above this level of reasoning and begin to think more logically especially with the level of mess and backwardness we are facing in this country right now due to bad leaders.
You make me want to believe the popular saying that "Nigerians truly deserve the quality of leaders they get"?

4 Likes

Re: Surge In Voters' Registration: INEC Should Be Up And Doing (Photos) by Freebills12: 12:10am On Jun 10, 2022
[color=#770077][/color]
omoharry:
something must be wrong with you . Seriously..you need to get your head checked ..You think only the Igbos can make an Ibo president? You guys should calm down oo! At this point in time, you guys need to build bridges and not to burn it. that is something most of you from the east most learn .
I am from Delta state and I am supporting Obi.Not becos he is an Igbo but becos I believe in him to lead this country better than a Tinubu that is old ,sick & frail & an Atiku that is equally corrupt like the other politicians that have succeeded in bringing Nigeria to her knees.

The guy is fake, he is not an Igbo man expect many of this...poison people's mind and let them be bias, that's the game.

1 Like

Re: Surge In Voters' Registration: INEC Should Be Up And Doing (Photos) by namdo(m): 12:13am On Jun 10, 2022
Any right thinking Nigerian should rise up to vote out APC and PDP because they are only interested in holding onto power for the benefit of their party faithfuls and that's why majority of the Nigerian masses are suffering today. INEC please support and give us a credible election so we can make a reasonable change. Let us take the country back from them so there may be a better future for the coming generations of the now down trodden.
Go get your PVC, let us vote out APC and PDP in 2023.
Re: Surge In Voters' Registration: INEC Should Be Up And Doing (Photos) by Freebills12: 12:18am On Jun 10, 2022
[color=#000099][/color]
ArewaNorth:

This is the worst mistake you have made. Igbos in the North and northerners in south east and south south who are higher in number? Igbos in the west and the Yurobas in east who are higher in number? Igbos are the most tribe in number after the indigen of the state in all the six geopolitical zones. What then are you saying. Electoral reform has changed the sequence.

3 Likes

Re: Surge In Voters' Registration: INEC Should Be Up And Doing (Photos) by Freebills12: 12:22am On Jun 10, 2022
[color=#000099][/color]
Hearme:

The unknown gunmen disrupting registration in the EAST should have been encouraging people to register. It is time for Nigerians to take back the Power and not vest it on some greedy delegates.

People are registering free now. Unknown gunmen have gone after Methodist bishop busted them.

2 Likes

Re: Surge In Voters' Registration: INEC Should Be Up And Doing (Photos) by Nobody: 12:30am On Jun 10, 2022
pleasureosondu:
There is a huge surge in Voter's registration in some states.

In Oshimili South Local Government, INEC staff stop registration by 1pm when there are hundreds of people yet to capture. It's the same issue at Aniocha Local Government, both from Delta State.

Currently, ebutte, Ikorodu LG of Lagos state is experiencing a massive of turnout while at Inec registration center at Amuwo Odofin FESTAC, the Inec registration officials started by 9 am to register people, only for thugs to disrupt the process.With the voters population at Amuwo Odofin local government area, there are not enough registration centre for PVC. I'm told that there no registration currently going on at Ojo Local Government, location for traders of Alaba International Market to register as no INEC staff on site( update, thugs are preventing the registration exercise)

At Egbema in ONELGA, Rivers State, there are no centers for voters registration here. Information on Uvwie, Warri, Delta state revealed that most people come as early as 5am and stay till 3pm(closing time of Inec office here) and we're not attended too.

It is the same issue at Area 10 of the FCT while registration of new voters have stopped at the Kuje Area Council.

The South East is experiencing a huge turnout with few staff in attendance. Okpara Square and INEC office, Enugu are experiencing surge as with Nnewi North, INEC office, Awka while Onitsha South LGA has just one system for over 500 people, all in Anambra State.

As at the time of writing, there are other states with this issue but for the fact that I do not have the exact location and local Government involved, I don't want to add these states (many of the affected states are of South West, East and South origin). Are you having issuing registering as a new voter at INEC registration centers? Write your state and the location.

This is no news joor. My take is go to the nearest public center and register. Sabi na PO we dey vote for ni?

I can’t register in my locality. So I am going to TBS to register later today. I will still vote at TBS before coming home on Election Day. I they will allow movement, if it’s to enable me to and vote.

2 Likes

Re: Surge In Voters' Registration: INEC Should Be Up And Doing (Photos) by Iamthoney(m): 1:11am On Jun 10, 2022
More than half of the people going for voters card aren’t going for it for election purpose. They are going for it as a means of identification and it is free
Re: Surge In Voters' Registration: INEC Should Be Up And Doing (Photos) by donjahsy(m): 1:22am On Jun 10, 2022
ProfAmaben:
Now 5% wan vote, fear don start grin, Yorubas are bas***ds, I dey Abuja like dis, any bas***d Yoruba de**n I see formenting trouble go collect, corruption loving tribe
You call a whole region bastards online, something must be wrong with you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Niger Republic Reopens Border With Nigeria / Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail / How Osinbajo Lured Shekarau Back To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.