Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

Successful Upwork Freelancers, Please Come To My Aid! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Successful Upwork Freelancers, Please Come To My Aid! (1259 Views)

Nigerian Upwork Freelancers Please Step In Here For A Minute I Need Your Help! / Successful Upwork Mentor Needed. / Upwork Freelancers, Do Come In. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Successful Upwork Freelancers, Please Come To My Aid! by SavageBoy: 8:38pm On Jun 09, 2022
I'm currently working on my first writing project for a client on upwork. Though the work is still in progress, I'm trying to set up the mode of payment that would be used after the work has been completed.

But this is the issue:

A successful freelancer on upwork, also a Nigerian told me that upwork pays based on the old exchange rate which is somewhat around #380-#395.
If this is true, then it's a really big loss as a dollar is currently about #600 or thereabout.

For those who have had success working on upwork, how true is this?
If this is true, is there anyway to bypass this and get paid the current dollar to naira exchange rate?

I plan using payoneer.
I would really appreciate your inputs guys.
Re: Successful Upwork Freelancers, Please Come To My Aid! by Kingnap(m): 8:42pm On Jun 09, 2022
That is not correct. Why not open a Payoneer account and link to your Upwork profile. Get your money in USD and transfer to Payoneer. You can then use peer to peer or connect your dom account to Payoneer for withdrawal
Re: Successful Upwork Freelancers, Please Come To My Aid! by SavageBoy: 9:01pm On Jun 09, 2022
Kingnap:
That is not correct. Why not open a Payoneer account and link to your Upwork profile. Get your money in USD and transfer to Payoneer. You can then use peer to peer or connect your dom account to Payoneer for withdrawal

Thank you very much, I really appreciate this.

I've created a payoneer account. I'll link it to my upwork profile as soon as possible. But I don't have a dorm account at the moment. Can you pls give me an hint on how I'll go about the peer to peer withdrawal method you just mentioned. I have no idea about it. Thanks
Re: Successful Upwork Freelancers, Please Come To My Aid! by Zidoh(m): 10:26pm On Jun 09, 2022
SavageBoy:

I've created a payoneer account. I'll link it to my upwork profile as soon as possible. But I don't have a dorm account at the moment. Can you pls give me an hint on how I'll go about the peer to peer withdrawal method you just mentioned. I have no idea about it. Thanks
We are relaible and active Payoneer buyer both bits and bulk. You can contact us once you have payoneer funds for exchange to Naira. Payment is instant and rate is good. Please don't forget that you will need to recieve up to $2k plus before you can be able to send out been your first time
Re: Successful Upwork Freelancers, Please Come To My Aid! by Spiff20(m): 9:50am On Jun 10, 2022
If you're doing local bank transfer, it's 395 which is a big loss. But it's very convenient and easier than the payoneer route. And with Payoneer, you must make up to $100 before you can withdraw any dime. And sometimes you have to pay exchangers.
Re: Successful Upwork Freelancers, Please Come To My Aid! by jboy01(m): 10:42am On Jun 10, 2022
Opening a Payoneer account is a great idea. After transferring your earnings to Payoneer, you can then get a reliable buyer to buy your Payoneer fund at a better rate.
Re: Successful Upwork Freelancers, Please Come To My Aid! by Kingnap(m): 11:56am On Jun 10, 2022
SavageBoy:

There are people who buys Payoneer funds in naira. So basically you transfer your Payoneer fund to them and they pay you the agreed rate in naira
Re: Successful Upwork Freelancers, Please Come To My Aid! by SavageBoy: 12:08pm On Jun 10, 2022
Kingnap:

There are people who buys Payoneer funds in naira. So basically you transfer your Payoneer fund to them and they pay you the agreed rate in naira

I get it now, thanks
Re: Successful Upwork Freelancers, Please Come To My Aid! by SavageBoy: 4:44pm On Jun 20, 2022
Spiff20:
If you're doing local bank transfer, it's 395 which is a big loss. But it's very convenient and easier than the payoneer route. And with Payoneer, you must make up to $100 before you can withdraw any dime. And sometimes you have to pay exchangers.

I I just don't know how I didn't see this comment of yours chief.

You say the direct transfer to my bank is faster and the exchange rate is #395, what about payoneer exchange rate? Do you have any idea what the rate will be if I go through the payoneer route? Would it be less than or more than $395? If I opt out for the direct bank transfer, how long will it take to receive the credit alert? I'm using kuda bank, do you have any idea if kuda's exchange rate is same with other banks? Can I transfer just any amount from upwork(using the upwork direct bank transfer)?

I thought using payoneer made sense, thinking I could withdraw any amount easily. Didn't know I needed to have up to $100. So the little money I sent from upwork escrow is still there. The payoneer to payoneer transfer affords one the opportunity to get through the low exchange rate, but the problem is having $1K for the first transfer(which is sort of difficult for now)
If the exchange rate for direct transfer is around the same for payoneer transfer, I may have to opt out for upwork direct bank transfer.

Pls help me answer the bolded question

1 Like

Re: Successful Upwork Freelancers, Please Come To My Aid! by Spiff20(m): 5:38pm On Jun 20, 2022
SavageBoy:

I I just don't know how I didn't see this comment of yours chief.

You say the direct transfer to my bank is faster and the exchange rate is #395, what about payoneer exchange rate? Do you have any idea what the rate will be if I go through the payoneer route? Would it be less than or more than $395? If I opt out for the direct bank transfer, how long will it take to receive the credit alert? I'm using kuda bank, do you have any idea if kuda's exchange rate is same with other banks? Can I transfer just any amount from upwork(using the upwork direct bank transfer)?

I thought using payoneer made sense, thinking I could withdraw any amount easily. Didn't know I needed to have up to $100. So the little money I sent from upwork escrow is still there. The payoneer to payoneer transfer affords one the opportunity to get through the low exchange rate, but the problem is having $1K for the first transfer(which is sort of difficult for now)
If the exchange rate for direct transfer is around the same for payoneer transfer, I may have to opt out for upwork direct bank transfer.

Pls help me answer the bolded question
Just use the direct bank transfer, I have payoneer but have not used it before. I use local bank transfer and get my money in less than 24 hours after requesting for payment. You might end up spending more with exchangers and still end up with the 395.
Re: Successful Upwork Freelancers, Please Come To My Aid! by SavageBoy: 6:29pm On Jun 20, 2022
Spiff20:
Just use the direct bank transfer, I have payoneer but have not used it before. I use local bank transfer and get my money in less than 24 hours after requesting for payment. You might end up spending more with exchangers and still end up with the 395.

Thanks chief
Re: Successful Upwork Freelancers, Please Come To My Aid! by Peejay007: 3:28am On Jun 21, 2022
SavageBoy:

Thanks chief

or I can just buy the funds off you at a better rate, if that okay with you
pm me
Re: Successful Upwork Freelancers, Please Come To My Aid! by SavageBoy: 6:42am On Jun 21, 2022
Peejay007:

or I can just buy the funds off you at a better rate, if that okay with you
pm me

Selling is not an issue, but I heard I need to have up to $2K for the first transfer. I don't have such in my payoneer
Re: Successful Upwork Freelancers, Please Come To My Aid! by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jun 23, 2022
SavageBoy:

Selling is not an issue, but I heard I need to have up to $2K for the first transfer. I don't have such in my payoneer
take your time and read this thread,

U will get solution to your issue

https://www.nairaland.com/7146915/modified-how-withdrew-less-than#113202185
Re: Successful Upwork Freelancers, Please Come To My Aid! by SavageBoy: 6:13pm On Jun 24, 2022
Crimpsy:
take your time and read this thread,

U will get solution to your issue

https://www.nairaland.com/7146915/modified-how-withdrew-less-than#113202185

This is golden

Thank you very much bro
Re: Successful Upwork Freelancers, Please Come To My Aid! by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jun 24, 2022
SavageBoy:

This is golden

Thank you very much bro
u are welcome
Re: Successful Upwork Freelancers, Please Come To My Aid! by Ikechukwu183: 6:37pm On Jun 24, 2022
SavageBoy:
I'm currently working on my first writing project for a client on upwork. Though the work is still in progress, I'm trying to set up the mode of payment that would be used after the work has been completed.

But this is the issue:

A successful freelancer on upwork, also a Nigerian told me that upwork pays based on the old exchange rate which is somewhat around #380-#395.
If this is true, then it's a really big loss as a dollar is currently about #600 or thereabout.

For those who have had success working on upwork, how true is this?
If this is true, is there anyway to bypass this and get paid the current dollar to naira exchange rate?

I plan using payoneer.
I would really appreciate your inputs guys.
What's your secret?
I opened Upwork with a good profile, yet no client has accepted my proposals.
My areas are pdf editing, copywriting, proof reading.
Does racism affect job offers?
Re: Successful Upwork Freelancers, Please Come To My Aid! by SavageBoy: 7:06pm On Jun 24, 2022
Ikechukwu183:

What's your secret?
I opened Upwork with a good profile, yet no client has accepted my proposals.
My areas are pdf editing, copywriting, proof reading.
Does racism affect job offers?

It isn't really easy starting off as a freelancer in content mills like upwork. The competition and race to the bottom is crazy, and it's even crazier for we blacks.

Regarding my success, there aren't really any secret. The way it worked out fine for me is something I can't really explain because it's actually beyond my power. I was just fortunate. Graceful luck also contributed big time.

I opened upwork account during the pandemic, left it like like that, didn't apply to any posted job. On the 1st of June, I decided to take it more seriously. Did some things on my profile, since I had already written a long form content on "lead generation," I used it as a portfolio sample. Sent some couple of pitches that day, got about 3 responses from clients.

One wanted a free work, I declined his offer. The other was calling a very low price, I declined it too. The third client said he loved my sample, and hired me on a long term writing contract for his blog. He's still training me, after which I'll join his team of writers.

So that's how it went. It was absolutely something beyond my control.
I plan to earn much more from upwork. Work on your profile(100% complete), create quality samples, and be swift when sending proposals. Apply to jobs with less than 10 submitted proposals.

Making it in content mills is very crazy. I pray you find your breakthrough soon.
Re: Successful Upwork Freelancers, Please Come To My Aid! by Ikechukwu183: 7:39pm On Jun 24, 2022
SavageBoy:

It isn't really easy starting off as a freelancer in content mills like upwork. The competition and race to the bottom is crazy, and it's even crazier for we blacks.

Regarding my success, there aren't really any secret. The way it worked out fine for me is something I can't really explain because it's actually beyond my power. I was just fortunate. Graceful luck also contributed big time.

I opened upwork account during the pandemic, left it like like that, didn't apply to any posted job. On the 1st of June, I decided to take it more seriously. Did some things on my profile, since I had already written a long form content on "lead generation," I used it as a portfolio sample. Sent some couple of pitches that day, got about 3 responses from clients.

One wanted a free work, I declined his offer. The other was calling a very low price, I declined it too. The third client said he loved my sample, and hired me on a long term writing contract for his blog. He's still training me, after which I'll join his team of writers.

So that's how it went. It was absolutely something beyond my control.
I plan to earn much more from upwork. Work on your profile(100% complete), create quality samples, and be swift when sending proposals. Apply to jobs with less than 10 submitted proposals.

Making it in content mills is very crazy. I pray you find your breakthrough soon.
Thanks...
I have tried a lot... I even bid below what the client is willing to pay and still no response.
I don't mind working one or two low-pay gigs to increase my rating.
Re: Successful Upwork Freelancers, Please Come To My Aid! by ibromodzi: 5:41pm On Jun 25, 2022
Spiff20:

This is okay if you are not withdrawing a large amount. He should try to set up a dom account. Another option is to sign up on geekpay.

1 Like

Re: Successful Upwork Freelancers, Please Come To My Aid! by TCrown15: 3:29am On Jun 30, 2022
Do Kuda-Payoneer withdrawal still works,how many days do I have to wait for first time user.
Re: Successful Upwork Freelancers, Please Come To My Aid! by SavageBoy: 6:04pm On Jun 30, 2022
TCrown15:
Do Kuda-Payoneer withdrawal still works,how many days do I have to wait for first time user.

I haven't done any withdrawal from payoneer to my kuda acct. If you want to use payoneer to withdraw to your kuda acct, make sure you have up to $100 or else you won't be able to withdraw your money.

As for the time, I heard you'll get your money in a very short time(few minutes to some hours) that's if you're using kuda to withdraw from your payoneer.

(1) (Reply)

Need An Marketing Companies To Sell Mobile Email Solution / Exporting Agro Products From Onne Port / Pls Should I Return This Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.