Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,669 members, 7,801,932 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

Akpabio Clinches APC Senate Ticket For Akwa Ibom West - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio Clinches APC Senate Ticket For Akwa Ibom West (19776 Views)

Ayade Takes Over Cross River North APC Senate Ticket / Oluranti Adebule Beats Obanikoro, Wins Lagos West APC Senate Ticket / Kwara Governor Drops Senate Ticket Under Pressure. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akpabio Clinches APC Senate Ticket For Akwa Ibom West by dre11(m): 8:27am On Jun 10, 2022
Former Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Senator Godswill Akpabio, has clinched the All Progressives Congress (APC) ticket for Akwa Ibom North West Senatorial district....

Former Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Godswill Akpabio, has clinched the All Progressives Congress (APC) ticket for Akwa Ibom North West Senatorial district.

Akpabio, who stepped down for Asiwaju Bola Tinubu during the just concluded presidential primary of the party, emerged winner with 478 votes.

Out of the 540 delegates, 512 were accredited, of which Sir Joseph Akpan had one vote, DIG Ekpo Udom who initially won the first primary had three votes, while 11 votes were voided.

Speaking on Thursday night at the Godswill Akpabio Empowerment Centre in Ikot Ekpene Local Government Area, where the re-run primary held, Akpabio thanked the people for finding him worthy.

“I thank the Akwa Ibom North West senatorial district for finding me worthy to be given another opportunity to represent you in the Nigerian Senate. I recall when you gave me the first mandate in 2015 to 2019, I recall that there is no Senator ever that did the kind of empowerment I did for you.

“I know a lot of projects were done across the ten local government areas, from markets to water projects, to electrification project, to building of classroom blocks,” he stated.

Speaking earlier, the State APC Chairman, Mr Stephen Ntukekpo, said he was directed by the party at the national level to carry out the re-run, and cited infractions in the first primary as the reason for the re-run.

“There was some infractions in the primaries held about a week ago and I was directed by the National Working Committee to carry out a re-run.

“We have about five aspirants in this exercise. They were all informed and are fully aware. The aspirants are Sir Joseph Akpan, DIG Ekpo Udom, Obong Emem Ekperikpe Ekpo, and Senator Godswill Akpabio,” he said.

Though the other aspirants were not available during the exercise, one of them, Obong Emem Ekperikpe Ekpo announced that he was stepping down for Akpabio.

He said, “The first primary took place on May 28th and all of you were there. Today, our Father has joined the race. I, Obong Emem Ekperikpe Ekpo, former member of the House of Representatives, a son of this senatorial district, I plead with all my delegates to identify with our father, and I return all the delegates to vote for him.

“I don’t think we should do anything to undermine the person God has given to us as a leader. The person is Senator Godswill Obot Akpabio. I call all my delegates once again to support him. With that, I have withdrawn my aspiration to the Senatorial seat.”

The five man committee to monitor the primaries was led by the Chairman, Sir Sylvester Okonkwo, Secretary, Alhaji Salisu Isa, and Mrs Bunmi Imole, who was the returning officer, among others, as well as officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

https://dailytrust.com/just-in-akpabio-clinches-apc-senate-ticket

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Clinches APC Senate Ticket For Akwa Ibom West by Fahdiga(m): 8:28am On Jun 10, 2022
Nigeria is irredeemable

76 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Akpabio Clinches APC Senate Ticket For Akwa Ibom West by blazingblender(m): 8:29am On Jun 10, 2022
Ok
If you are reading this goan get your PVC
We are taking back Nigeria

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akpabio Clinches APC Senate Ticket For Akwa Ibom West by God1000(m): 8:30am On Jun 10, 2022
This knave will never leave the corridors of power.

Desperation and Free government money should be discouraged through legislations

11 Likes

Re: Akpabio Clinches APC Senate Ticket For Akwa Ibom West by PaChukwudi44(m): 8:32am On Jun 10, 2022
He would lose again as usual.

He should have waited to be re-apointed minister if he was so sure Tinubu would win grin

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Akpabio Clinches APC Senate Ticket For Akwa Ibom West by chigator2: 8:32am On Jun 10, 2022
His checklist for new tenure :

1. Recover 100million Naira

2. And Others....

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Clinches APC Senate Ticket For Akwa Ibom West by ruggedtimi(m): 8:32am On Jun 10, 2022
Na wa...from 8yrs gov - 4yrs senator - 4yrs minister and now he wants to go for senate again. Mehn Nigerians go dey cry for social media vote for obi vote obi. But the real deal goes down in the various wards.

30 Likes

Re: Akpabio Clinches APC Senate Ticket For Akwa Ibom West by Passionate888: 8:32am On Jun 10, 2022
Ehya
Re: Akpabio Clinches APC Senate Ticket For Akwa Ibom West by Ezedon(m): 8:32am On Jun 10, 2022
Shame on him

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Clinches APC Senate Ticket For Akwa Ibom West by PussyMiners: 8:33am On Jun 10, 2022
Uncommon Senator.
All the best chief !!

3 Likes

Re: Akpabio Clinches APC Senate Ticket For Akwa Ibom West by Neduzze5(m): 8:33am On Jun 10, 2022
Hmm

They are slowly turning the Senate and House of representatives to their retirement homes.

They equally plan to turn the Aso Villa to a sick bay. But we disagree with them and their evil plans.

With our support, HE Peter Obi will emerge. Politically oriented young people should vie for these elective positions under the Labour Party.

It's time to change the status quo.

HE Peter Obi is coming. Tell your father to tell your mother!!!

33 Likes

Re: Akpabio Clinches APC Senate Ticket For Akwa Ibom West by JustExposeIt: 8:33am On Jun 10, 2022
Fahdiga:
Nigeria is irredeemable
South Korea use to be more corrupt than Nigeria. Just vote for restructuring and see magic

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Clinches APC Senate Ticket For Akwa Ibom West by rolams(m): 8:33am On Jun 10, 2022
After the closure of primary? PDP go still flog am.

This time, note senator, no federal appointment!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akpabio Clinches APC Senate Ticket For Akwa Ibom West by Theoroosevelt1: 8:34am On Jun 10, 2022
This one don't concern us.

In Atiku, we trust.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Akpabio Clinches APC Senate Ticket For Akwa Ibom West by miwe: 8:34am On Jun 10, 2022
He lost the NAAS election in 2019. I see it happening again.

3 Likes

Re: Akpabio Clinches APC Senate Ticket For Akwa Ibom West by sukar886: 8:34am On Jun 10, 2022
Betrayal
Re: Akpabio Clinches APC Senate Ticket For Akwa Ibom West by excomarow(m): 8:34am On Jun 10, 2022
sad
Re: Akpabio Clinches APC Senate Ticket For Akwa Ibom West by haffaze777(m): 8:34am On Jun 10, 2022
God bless akpabio

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Clinches APC Senate Ticket For Akwa Ibom West by NaughtyBrainiac: 8:34am On Jun 10, 2022
This Man grin
Re: Akpabio Clinches APC Senate Ticket For Akwa Ibom West by olaboy33(m): 8:34am On Jun 10, 2022
M
Re: Akpabio Clinches APC Senate Ticket For Akwa Ibom West by Theoroosevelt1: 8:35am On Jun 10, 2022
Fahdiga:
Nigeria is irredeemable

They won't understand what you are saying. It is too deep for them.

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio Clinches APC Senate Ticket For Akwa Ibom West by judatech: 8:35am On Jun 10, 2022
Rephrase it... Akpabio Bought...not clinch
Re: Akpabio Clinches APC Senate Ticket For Akwa Ibom West by TimmyTen(m): 8:35am On Jun 10, 2022
Congratulations to him
Re: Akpabio Clinches APC Senate Ticket For Akwa Ibom West by Gamesmart: 8:35am On Jun 10, 2022
International Thief!

May PDP win!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Clinches APC Senate Ticket For Akwa Ibom West by abobote: 8:35am On Jun 10, 2022
His is no longer popular in his state.
Politics is a dangerous career, once you are in, no other thing will interest you after politics, coz the stealing can not be matched elsewhere

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akpabio Clinches APC Senate Ticket For Akwa Ibom West by JosephXavier: 8:36am On Jun 10, 2022
I wonder how many times we will tell Akpabio that his political career is dead

He will only enjoy political appointments and never win an elective position in Akwa Ibom State

Hé killed his political career when he decamped to APC

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akpabio Clinches APC Senate Ticket For Akwa Ibom West by Bahamas95(m): 8:36am On Jun 10, 2022
Politics to them is an occupation, they are never satisfied.
Re: Akpabio Clinches APC Senate Ticket For Akwa Ibom West by Wasky101: 8:36am On Jun 10, 2022
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ikpeazu Announces New Retirement Age, Service Year For Teachers / Muhammadu Buhari Speaks With Alpha Conde, Chairman Of African Union / FG To Review Wages, Allowances For Governors, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.