Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,780 members, 7,802,411 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo (35775 Views)

Why I Sacked Auxiliary - Seyi Makinde / Buhari: Why I Sacked Nanono, Sale Mamman & Reshuffled My Cabinet / Ganduje: Why I Sacked Sanusi As Emir Of Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by ArewaNorth: 9:38am On Jun 10, 2022
Governor Chukwuma Soludo of Anambra State has said that no fewer than 1,000 teachers in the State were relieved of their appointments because they were employed in a hazy manner.

The Governor stated that the affected persons thereby remained unqualified for the job.

Soludo made the clarification in a statement signed by his Press Secretary, Mr Chris Aburime, on Thursday.

According to him, no qualified teacher was discharged by the Anambra government.

The statement read in part: “The attention of the Governor has been drawn to publications on protest by Parents/Teachers Association (PTA) teachers, purportedly converted to permanent staff in Anambra schools.

“The protesters, who barricaded the entrance of the State House of Assembly, displayed placards with various inscriptions, claiming to have been engaged by the State government before the termination of their jobs.

“For the avoidance of doubt, no qualified teacher in the State’s school system has been relieved of his/her appointment.

“The affected PTA teachers were “converted” to the school system in the last days of the last administration in irregular, hazy circumstances.

“They were only asked to regularise their employment with the government by taking part in the online teachers’ recruitment test.”

The Anambra government had advertised 5,000 vacancies in the Health and Education sectors, in which over 31,500 were shortlisted for Computer Based Test.

The examination is scheduled to be held on Saturday.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/06/10/anambra-why-i-sacked-1000-teachers-soludo/

15 Likes

Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by Zenzu01(m): 10:00am On Jun 10, 2022
This is a great development from Gov Soludo. I think this man will make a fine governor. At least he started his administration on a very good note. Kudos.

I also hope that those bad guys don't later corrupt you like they did with Okorocha.

----- Modified ----

For those quoting me: He sacked 1000 teachers and he gave a good reason for that. Unqualified teachers are most times the reason we have graduates who don't know anything.

I'm not happy that they were sacked but they should go and upgrade their skills. Kids these days are smarter and you can't use 1920s syllabus or methods to teach them nowadays.

Imagine a lecturer teaching computer science students programing on the white board. How do we know if the program is right and how do we debug errors from the whiteboard.

We have many unqualified teachers. What Nigerian education system needs includes qualified teachers, good infrastructures, basic teaching amenities and then the staff welfare. At least he started on a good note. Let's watch and see if other steps will follow.

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by BIGDADDY000(m): 10:00am On Jun 10, 2022
What the hell is HAZY MANNER? The question here is that are they qualified for the job or not?

Oga you better do the correction and don't destroy your administration by one misguided fatal mistake o.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by bigdammyj: 10:00am On Jun 10, 2022
Good.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by ATEAMS: 10:00am On Jun 10, 2022
The ends justify the means
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by Golan007: 10:01am On Jun 10, 2022
You can do no wrong sir.

If it had been someone else in another state...

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by Opinedecandid(m): 10:01am On Jun 10, 2022
You correct
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by Emu4life(m): 10:01am On Jun 10, 2022
Criminal politicians have a way of dishing out appointments indiscriminately when thier tenure is about to elapse.

10 Likes

Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by 9jayes: 10:01am On Jun 10, 2022
Soludo dey find trouble nd e go see am

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by JomasisTech: 10:02am On Jun 10, 2022
If what he said is true, those people lamenting should keep quite

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by Greatzeus(m): 10:02am On Jun 10, 2022
1000? That's a lot.
1000 husbands and wives,1000 breadwinners,with average of 4 kids,that's 4000 kids in Anambra alone whose parents just lost their jobs cry
Ok he's doing it to get competent hands? What competent hands? Those who will replace them will still be same Nigerian graduates and might have less experience and even be less effective.
Always pray that the government that will come to power at your state of residence or federal level will be the one that will favour you. Stop following bandwagons to support or crucify a party just because your people love or hate the party.
These sacked teachers might have celebrated when soludo won,not knowing his win Wiii bring poverty to their families.

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by abostg(m): 10:02am On Jun 10, 2022
Nice
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by Hambivert: 10:02am On Jun 10, 2022
One thing that makes a leader function well in government is popular support by the masses. When he has this, even when he is on the wrong path the masses would still support him. But when he looses that, he looses the very essence of democracy and all his right doings would be wrong.

Soludo should be diplomatic in his dealings as diplomacy comes with alot of compromise.
These teachers sparogatively shouldn't have been sacked until after the regularisation test, and those who passed should have been automatically retained.
Old qualified and capable hands would to a large extent always be better than new ones.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by Abilistic(m): 10:02am On Jun 10, 2022
smiley

Employed in a hazy manner or not qualified for the job?

He should have chosen compotency over politics.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by datola: 10:02am On Jun 10, 2022
Hmmm..
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by Kingozymandias(m): 10:03am On Jun 10, 2022
Good one . We need to keep the Educational system at global best standards to produce the best.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by Ezedon(m): 10:03am On Jun 10, 2022
SOLUDO!!!!, Is this the solution you promised us?

5 Likes

Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by tiswell(m): 10:03am On Jun 10, 2022
Anambra adigo Mma

no room for mediocrity

3 Likes

Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by shiwex: 10:03am On Jun 10, 2022
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by polite2(m): 10:03am On Jun 10, 2022
Okay now
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by jige4topclass(m): 10:03am On Jun 10, 2022
Nice step. Kudos to you Soludo

1 Like

Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by PrinceofAnambra: 10:04am On Jun 10, 2022
My Governor, resist the urge to shalaye. Carry go, we dey your back. Quality over quantity. This is Anambra, we don't joke with excellence. God continue to bless Anambra with greatness

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by emerged01(m): 10:04am On Jun 10, 2022
Hope people will understand his plan before they start criticising him?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by eglobalcafe: 10:04am On Jun 10, 2022
If you have good Twitter account with good followers from 70k and above same as ticktock account send me a mail, I'll buy it. Send a whatsapp message to me on +234 808 483 4113
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by haywhy1026(m): 10:04am On Jun 10, 2022
This one don dey create unemployment again......I don't know why we are so crazy about politics that walks hand in hand with impoverishing of citizens that queued in the sun just to vote for you.....They thought you will be different......Every actor in politics probably lacks conscience.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by Echoban: 10:04am On Jun 10, 2022
Tenure never start u don dey sack, u dey fight IPOb, same time destroyo building. Be like this one no wan finish en tenure well Sha. Hmm

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by fitinwell: 10:04am On Jun 10, 2022
ArewaNorth:

https://dailypost.ng/2022/06/10/anambra-why-i-sacked-1000-teachers-soludo/

This is happening everywhere in the country... Under qualified Civil servants enjoying managerial benefits..

Including the present Government

1 Like

Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by specialmati(m): 10:05am On Jun 10, 2022
cool cool cool cool cool can the people of nigeria also sack all the old money bags come 2023 so we can usher in fresh ideas from the younger generation.vote peter obi vote labour party

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osinbajo Inspects Projects With Wike In Rivers State (Photos) / President Buhari Sympathizes With Victims Of Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire / Re: Akeredolu, Ondo Governor's Convoy Crushes Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.