Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,958 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience (42530 Views)

Has A Married Woman Ever Tried To Seduce You Before? Share Your Experience / What Is The Weirdest Thing You've Ever Tried During Sex? / Ever Tried Breaking Up With Someone And The Person Refused? How Did It Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Demigod22: 10:50am On Jun 10, 2022
My mom have a friend, a very good one. The woman really like me because I am a boy and she doesn't have a male child, so she holds me in high esteem. She has five daughters, my senior, my age mate and my juniors.

Since I returned back from school after my final exam, the respect is becoming too much, my mom started complaining about me being single and her friend becoming more friendlier. Her third daughter just graduated too, and my mom is trying everything for two of us to date. Recently, the started chatting me up frequently and I discovered she is not my spec. She is this spiritual and religious Bible kind of girl and I am a liberal. When I told her that I am not spiritual nor religious, I can see the shock on her face.

She doesn't wear trouser, no earrings nor necklace, a very decent girl by appearance of course, and that's the kind of girl I want. She is even complaining that I am too unstable because I am always traveling every now and then and she doesn't like it.

I am not ready for any relationship right now and I don't want any relationship that involves two families. I will get a girlfriend for myself whenever I am ready. So I told my mom to bury that thought, it won't happen and she said I am too stubborn and rebellious and radical, I smiled and said nothing.

So has your parents ever try to match make you with anyone before? Please share your experience.

83 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by dawnomike(m): 11:01am On Jun 10, 2022
Never experienced that cos my late dad would always say "...two things that I do not choose for my children are: their career and who to marry." Lest, you blame him for your misfortune in the future grin

466 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 10, 2022

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Demigod22: 11:07am On Jun 10, 2022
dawnomike:
Never experienced that cos my late dad would always say "...two things that I do not choose for my children are: their career and who to marry." Lest, you blame him for your misfortune in the future grin

Your Dad was an intelligent dude. Only you know what fascinates you. My mom told me she knows she won't be involve in my decision making, I told her I will keep her informed but she is not going to use me as a bond for her friendship, I am bigger than that. Even my auntie that trained me don't decide for me.

148 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Demigod22: 11:10am On Jun 10, 2022
peepydelano:
You will later look for this girl but by then it’ll be too late.You think it’s easy to get a truly decent girl these days? Your eyes go soon clear, na small pikin still dy worry you

Marriage is beyond being decent in Christian encyclopedia. I can't possibly marry who I am not sexually attracted to, she is not my spec, I didn't say she is not good, but she is not my choice. Talking about me looking for her later.

PS: the beautiful ones are not yet born.

221 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Streetmovement(m): 11:20am On Jun 10, 2022
peepydelano:
You will later look for this girl but by then it’ll be too late.You think it’s easy to get a truly decent girl these days? Your eyes go soon clear, na small pikin still dy worry you

Wotoporiously cool speaking

You be man or woman? Talk true

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by pharmagba: 11:21am On Jun 10, 2022
Na my dad,
The Don of match making
Got is spot on on everyone except me.

Two years after NYSC I still decided to remaiin in the north. On visiting home after some discussion about marriage with my dad, he picked up his phone to call a lady to come over.
Before she arrived he briefed my on how good the lady is and I should talk to her. I knew him too well when he talks you don't argue.
The lady arrived in quick time and he told her to meet his very good son doing very well in his career. No body could paint me better. Had I been a lady I will have fallen from the encomium. Soon after he left us to discuss.
I found out that the lady was a nurse and her mum whom my dad knows had approached my dad to help secure her daughter a better job. To my dad what better job is there than to wife his beloved son. She even thought my dad calling her because of the job.
She was matured, intelligent and sincere My perfect spec. A beauty paragon with british accent. I still wonder till date how my dad knew my perfect spec
We shared some good moment together. We also laughed over it that she has been given the job of a wife.
Two things didn't make it work out one she said she had someone else and two she is a Muslim.
I freed her completely.

357 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by TMTR: 11:30am On Jun 10, 2022
cheesy
Both my parents called me back home one time that it was really urgent I be home ASAP, I went there only for them to introduce me to one girl shocked

Make I no lie the girl fine Sha with mad curves,my spec but I just couldn't have anything to do with her just for the singular fact that my parents introduce me to her, call me childish or whatever,I just can't

Since then, my parents don't bother me about that issue again

102 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by paulolee(m): 11:34am On Jun 10, 2022
mum tried same with one of her church girl because she is tired asking me about marriage plans and getting bored of hearing same excuse of me looking for the perfect one..
she asked me to visit and I saw the churchy looking kemi and mum said she is nice, wife material and we should be friends, I took her number n as time goes by, I realize dt it was match making tinz.
I jus deleted and blocked her line, assuming she get big ass I go tag along, chop n clean mouth..
but she jus jus dry, small boobs, no ass n jus dey like 2 bedroom flat...

91 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 1:19pm On Jun 10, 2022
Grandma did something like that. I'm closer to her than my biological parents.
Grandmother trying to match me with the daughter of her very good friend who also double as her neighbor.
Babe is sexually attractive, tall, big @ss & bwess. I thought she's older than me. I come dey see her as my elder sister sef & 4 dis reason i didn't make any move....i knw no say girls dey mature fast pass men.

When i look back, e dey pain me say i no sample d kpekus.

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Demigod22: 1:37pm On Jun 10, 2022
pharmagba:
Na my dad,
The Don of match making
Got is spot on on everyone except me.

Two years after NYSC I still decided to remaiin in the north. On visiting home after some discussion about marriage with my dad, he picked up his phone to call a lady to come over.
Before she arrived he briefed my on how good the lady is and I should talk to her. I knew him too well when he talks you don't argue.
The lady arrived in quick time and he told her to meet his very good son doing very well in his career. No body could paint me better. Had I been a lady I will have fallen from the encomium. Soon after he left us to discuss.
I found out that the lady was a nurse and her mum whom my dad knows had approached my dad to help secure her daughter a better job. To my dad what better job is there than to wife his beloved son. She even thought my dad calling her because of the job.
She was matured, intelligent and sincere My perfect spec. A beauty paragon with british accent. I still wonder till date how my dad knew my perfect spec
We shared some good moment together. We also laughed over it that she has been given the job of a wife.
Two things didn't make it work out one she said she had someone else and two she is a Muslim.
I freed her completely.

Your Dad is a legend bro, he got good eyes and great taste too. How I wish it works out but life goes on.

I am hoping to stay back after my NYSC too, I can't go back to that house again, only visit once in awhile.

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Demigod22: 1:39pm On Jun 10, 2022
TMTR:
cheesy
Both my parents called me back home one time that it was really urgent I be home ASAP, I went there only for them to introduce me to one girl shocked

Make I no lie the girl fine Sha with mad curves,my spec but I just couldn't have anything to do with her just for the singular fact that my parents introduce me to her, call me childish or whatever,I just can't

Since then, my parents don't bother me about that issue again

LoL, I am on the same page with you on this one. I can't do anything with a girl my parents introduce to me. I don't want my family to orchestrate the relationship for me.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Emma2Seconds: 1:42pm On Jun 10, 2022
U dey talk trash. To friend a Lady nah By Force? Mind you that All that glitters is not gold
peepydelano:

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Demigod22: 1:43pm On Jun 10, 2022
paulolee:
mum tried same with one of her church girl because she is tired asking me about marriage plans and getting bored of hearing same excuse of me looking for the perfect one..
she asked me to visit and I saw the churchy looking kemi and mum said she is nice, wife material and we should be friends, I took her number n as time goes by, I realize dt it was match making tinz.
I jus deleted and blocked her line, assuming she get big ass I go tag along, chop n clean mouth..

Hahaha, you won't kill me with laugh. These parents are something else when it comes to their children relationship status.

By the way, you are one of the few people that made me open an account on Nairaland.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Demigod22: 1:48pm On Jun 10, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Grandma did something like that. I'm closer to her than my biological parents.
Grandmother trying to match me with the daughter of her very good friend who also double as her neighbor.
Babe is sexually attractive, tall, big @ss & bwess. I thought she's older than me. I come dey see her as my elder sister sef & 4 dis reason i didn't make any move....i knw no say girls dey mature fast pass men.

When i look back, e dey pain me say i no sample d kpekus.

LoL, bad guy, it's the kpekus you miss that is paining you, that's not your grandma's Intention anyway.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by ravensckar(m): 2:38pm On Jun 10, 2022
Mine was on the contrary. Na my papa scatter the free kpekus wey I don arrange for long.

There's this lady whose mum attend our prayer gathering (Asalatu). Initially, it was only the mum alone that used to attend. I sha noticed that the mum likes me so much, she'll be smiling while talking to me. Asking me about school, studies and life after school. Long story cut short, she brought her daughter (tall, fair, beautiful & well endowed) to the group and specifically introduced us.

We became so close that I started getting the son in-law vibe from the mum. The mum now jokingly told my dad that she'd be expecting him to pay her a visit soon so as to formalize the union. Na there kasala take burst. My dad told her that it will be better for her if her daughter is unmarried than to betroth her to me. That she probably don't know my nickname 'Shevchenko'. I no dey miss one on one. And that by the time I destroyed her daughter's womb, las las, I no go still marry her. The woman was beyond shocked.

As if that was not enough, my dad made a public sermon also talking about how humans can never be perfect. He said for example, as intelligent and well-behaved as I am, I no dey use eye see women (especially a fair & beautiful one). The man burn my cable publicly. Na so the relationship crashed before it even began. It took me a while to forgive him for that action because I been don program that chick for long term chopping. cheesy cheesy cheesy Aside that, every other lady in that our group started avoiding me like plague. It was even rumoured that if they smile at me, they will be hooked.

Fast forward to 5 years ago when I introduced my then fiancé to him. This man started again. He asked her if she truly knows what she's getting into. That I just look responsible for face but I no dey use eye see anything under skirt. After asking her which university she graduated from, my dad told her he was sure that I'd have other girlfriends in that same institution. Fear catch my fiancé. But luckily, I had told her everything about my past and how I've repented. Na there that relationship too for hit rock. cheesy cheesy

Some years later, I asked him why he was deliberately sabotaging me. He said he wants the ladies to know what they are getting into. Since him self born female pikin, he wouldn't open his eyes and let me destroy someone daughter's future. sad sad

So, those of una wey una parents dey try arrange for una, you people are very lucky. Me, after I don suffer arrange chick for myself, na my papa go scatter everything.

436 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 10, 2022
No experience with my parents but my friends? Countless times. I think they've given up on doing that. cheesy .

5 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 10, 2022
paulolee:
you for use your big gbola help her ministry

2 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by DaInferno(m): 6:12pm On Jun 10, 2022
Demigod22:
My mom have a friend, a very good one. The woman really like me because I am a boy and she doesn't have a male child, so she holds me in high esteem. She has five daughters, my senior, my age mate and my juniors.

Since I returned back from school after my final exam, the respect is becoming too much, my mom started complaining about me being single and her friend becoming more friendlier. Her third daughter just graduated too, and my mom is trying everything for two of us to date. Recently, the started chatting me up frequently and I discovered she is not my spec. She is this spiritual and religious Bible kind of girl and I am a liberal. When I told her that I am not spiritual nor religious, I can see the shock on her face.

She doesn't wear trouser, no earrings nor necklace, a very decent girl by appearance of course, and that's the kind of girl I want. She is even complaining that I am too unstable because I am always traveling every now and then and she doesn't like it.

I am not ready for any relationship right now and I don't want any relationship that involves two families. I will get a girlfriend for myself whenever I am ready. So I told my mom to bury that thought, it won't happen and she said I am too stubborn and rebellious and radical, I smiled and said nothing.

So has your parents ever try to match make you with anyone before? Please share your experience.
og,I agree with your decision 100%. Pass me her number biko...the girl wey I been d date no d fear God, na God d fear am.

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by DAramis: 7:10pm On Jun 10, 2022
DaInferno:
og,I agree with your decision 100%. Pass me her number biko...the girl wey I been d date no d fear God, na God d fear am.
@bolded

grin grin grin grin cheesy

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by BigDawsNet: 7:26pm On Jun 10, 2022
Demigod22:

My mum? Nope
My dad? Yea..

He does that multiple times... trying to connect me with lady I don't know anything about...

Even when I introduce a friend to her... he will be like... my boy..marry this gal naw... she okay for you...

I usually told her.. Dad, don't border yourself I will not marry and other race except white...

He was happy when he eventually saw the white lady

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 8:03pm On Jun 10, 2022
DaInferno:

wahala e no dey finish.

6 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Tallesty1(m): 8:11pm On Jun 10, 2022
My mom did

1 Like

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Demigod22: 8:30pm On Jun 10, 2022
ravensckar:
Mine was on the contrary. Na my papa scatter the free kpekus wey I don arrange for long.

There's this lady whose mum attend our prayer gathering (Asalatu). Initially, it was only the mum alone that used to attend. I sha noticed that the mum likes me so much, she'll be smiling while talking to me. Asking me about school, studies and life after school. Long story cut short, she brought her daughter (tall, fair, beautiful & well endowed) to the group and specifically introduced us.

We became so close that I started getting the son in-law vibe from the mum. The mum now jokingly told my dad that she'd be expecting him to pay her a visit soon so as to formalize the union. Na there kasala take burst. My dad told her that it will be better for her if her daughter is unmarried than to betroth her to me. That she probably don't know my nickname 'Shevchenko'. I no dey miss one on one. And that by the time I destroyed her daughter's womb, las las, I no go still marry her. The woman was beyond shocked.

As if that was not enough, my dad made a public sermon also talking about how humans can never be perfect. He said for example, as intelligent and well-behaved as I am, I no dey use eye see women (especially a fair & beautiful one). The man burn my cable publicly. Na so the relationship crashed before it even began. It took me a while to forgive him for that action because I been don program that chick for long term chopping. cheesy cheesy cheesy Aside that, every other lady in that our group started avoiding me like plague. It was even rumoured that if they smile at me, they will be hooked.

Fast forward to 5 years ago when I introduced my then fiancé to him. This man started again. He asked her if she truly knows what she's getting into. That I just look responsible for face but I no dey use eye see anything under skirt. After asking her which university she graduated from, my dad told her he was sure that I'd have other girlfriends in that same institution. Fear catch my fiancé. But luckily, I had told her everything about my past and how I've repented. Na there that relationship too for hit rock. cheesy cheesy

Some years later, I asked him why he was deliberately sabotaging me. He said he wants the ladies to know what they are getting into. Since him self born female pikin, he wouldn't open his eyes and let me destroy someone daughter's future. sad sad

So, those of una wey una parents dey try arrange for una, you people are very lucky. Me, after I don suffer arrange chick for myself, na my papa go scatter everything.

Hahaha, your Dad is something else. I can relate to how you felt then. But you cast your doings before your father, that's why he got the information about you and used it against you.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by capetownboyz(m): 8:31pm On Jun 10, 2022
Buzz me when it gets to front page

2 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Demigod22: 8:32pm On Jun 10, 2022
DaInferno:

LoL, you have off my microphone. You are so sarcastic and Savage too. In fact, I left the group chat.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Davidganna10: 9:48pm On Jun 10, 2022
Front-page I envesaige
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by RichProminent(m): 10:03pm On Jun 10, 2022
Demigod22 kindly pm me her number

1 Like

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 10, 2022
BigDawsNet:

My mum? Nope
My dad? Yea..

He does that multiple times... trying to connect me with lady I don't know anything about...

Even when I introduce a friend to her... he will be like... my boy..marry this gal naw... she okay for you...

I usually told her.. Dad, don't border yourself I will not marry and other race except white...

He was happy when he eventually saw the white lady

by God's grace

mesef I will like to marry a white girl

3 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Lordbinsmar: 10:32pm On Jun 10, 2022
I like the comments wey I dey read for this thread oo grin

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by 77star: 11:38pm On Jun 10, 2022
@ Shevchenko, i don laugh tire grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Aech: 12:06am On Jun 11, 2022
Bad guy grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What A Barman Did When I Took A Lady For A Date. / Kenyan Lady Exposes Her Husband's Mistress & Vowed To Bewitch Her (photos) / "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.