Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

Governor Umahi Wins Ebonyi South Senatorial Ticket - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Umahi Wins Ebonyi South Senatorial Ticket (15707 Views)

Governor Dave Umahi Wins Ebonyi South Senate Seat / Umahi Wins Ebonyi APC Senatorial Primary Rerun / Umahi Wins As Appeal Court Dismisses Case, To Remain Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Umahi Wins Ebonyi South Senatorial Ticket by seunmsg(m): 11:02am On Jun 10, 2022
His younger brother, Chief Austin Umahi, had emerged as the winner of the election two weeks ago.

Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi State has emerged the winner of the All Progressives Congress’ (APC) rescheduled senatorial primary election for Ebonyi South.

His younger brother, Chief Austin Umahi, had emerged as the winner of the election two weeks ago.

Governor Dave Umahi Channels TV

The governor contested the presidential primary of the APC but lost to Bola Tinubu at the party's convention in Abuja.

Shortly after he lost, the party cancelled the senatorial primary election for Ebonyi South and rescheduled it for Thursday night.

The rescheduled Ebonyi South APC Senatorial primary election was held at Afikpo North Local Government Council, with Governor Umahi clinching the party’s ticket.
http://saharareporters.com/2022/06/10/breaking-governor-umahi-wins-ebonyi-south-senatorial-ticket-after-losing-apc-presidential

596 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Umahi Wins Ebonyi South Senatorial Ticket by Xscape1993(m): 11:03am On Jun 10, 2022
Under an evil party...APC is not good for Nigerians...How could some analog people gathered and picked an agbero as a presidential candidate over a sound professor? Well, this deadly political mistake will definitely lead to your end.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Umahi Wins Ebonyi South Senatorial Ticket by Okwyjesus(m): 11:04am On Jun 10, 2022
Senate President is not for First timers.

8 Likes

Re: Governor Umahi Wins Ebonyi South Senatorial Ticket by TermuxDarkWeb(m): 11:05am On Jun 10, 2022
Okay
Re: Governor Umahi Wins Ebonyi South Senatorial Ticket by seunmsg(m): 11:05am On Jun 10, 2022
Okwyjesus:

Umahi is the most popular politician from Ebonyi and it’s good for the APC that he will be on the ballot. The presidential and senate election will be done the same day so the party will deliver for all the candidates on the ballot that day.

And talking about Senate presidency, a special consideration will be given to SE. So many APC leaders will prefer Umahi as senate president to a character like Orji Uzor Kalu.

648 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Governor Umahi Wins Ebonyi South Senatorial Ticket by garfield1: 11:09am On Jun 10, 2022
Umahi or akpabio will be Senate president

8 Likes

Re: Governor Umahi Wins Ebonyi South Senatorial Ticket by God1000(m): 11:11am On Jun 10, 2022
After Tinubu's visit

6 Likes

Re: Governor Umahi Wins Ebonyi South Senatorial Ticket by Ceeman20: 11:11am On Jun 10, 2022
Lol. The brother earlier won it and after presidential outing, the party annulled and conducted another election and declare him winner. He must have a sweet brother and sweet cousin party chairman grin who holds and manages seat for him while he went to abuja.. What power and money can't do in this failed country. . Pls patronise us today for your power steering pump of all car models. We're @ladipo int'l auto spare parts market lagos and Onitsha. Chat or call us from profile or behind this comment

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Umahi Wins Ebonyi South Senatorial Ticket by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 11:20am On Jun 10, 2022
seunmsg:

Umahi is the most popular politician from Ebonyi and it’s good for the APC that he will be on the ballot. The presidential and senate election will be done the same day so the party will deliver for all the candidates on the ballot that day.

And talking about Senate presidency, a special consideration will be given to SE. So many APC leaders will prefer Umahi as senate president to a character like Orji Uzor Kalu.
Under Atiku and Pdp president I don't see umahi become senate president, he would even lose re-election the same way Akpabio lost in 2019.Ebonyi is PDP

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Umahi Wins Ebonyi South Senatorial Ticket by seunmsg(m): 11:22am On Jun 10, 2022
God1000:
After Tinubu's visit

It is actually very strategic. We need all the party bigwigs in SS and SE to be on the ballot on Election Day. Umahi, Akpabio, Kalu, Okorocha etc all contest for senate seats. That way, their local loyalists will be railroaded into voting for the party’s candidate across all ballots.

607 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Governor Umahi Wins Ebonyi South Senatorial Ticket by Vertraulichkeit: 11:22am On Jun 10, 2022
seunmsg:

People like you are so pathetic: "a character like Orji Uzor Kalu." you said. Point out one thing that Orji Uzor Kalu has done that Tinubu has not done that has made Tinubu a saint in your eyes and Orji Uzor Kalu a character that should be avoided.

You lots thrive on character assasination, self-righteousness, hypocrisy, greed, etc., yet are always quick to call others haters when they return the same energy to you in different ways.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Governor Umahi Wins Ebonyi South Senatorial Ticket by seunmsg(m): 11:25am On Jun 10, 2022
Vertraulichkeit:

People like you are so pathetic: "a character like Orji Uzor Kalu." you said. Point out one thing that Orji Uzor Kalu has done that Tinubu has not done that has made Tinubu a saint in your eyes and Orji Uzor Kalu a character that should be avoided.

My characterization of Orji Uzor Kalu is personal. You can characterize Tinubu anyhow you like as well. As far as I am concerned, I will support Umahi for Senate president over Orji Uzor Kalu. My choice buddy.

622 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Governor Umahi Wins Ebonyi South Senatorial Ticket by Vertraulichkeit: 11:27am On Jun 10, 2022
seunmsg:

My characterization of Orji Uzor Kalu is personal. You can characterize Tinubu anyhow you like as well. As far as I am concerned, I will support Umahi for Senate president over Orji Uzor Kalu. My choice buddy.

You lots thrive on character assasination, self-righteousness, hypocrisy, greed, etc., yet are always quick to call others haters when they return the same energy to you in different ways.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Umahi Wins Ebonyi South Senatorial Ticket by Kalashnikov49: 11:29am On Jun 10, 2022
Seunmsg....

This isnt news na!! If as an incumbent he cant win "his" party's senatorial sit, then he is useless. The major issue is when he contests against the PDP candidate.

Its very much obvious that you guyz enjoy building useless DUPLEXES on thin air!!...Very unsophisticated grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Governor Umahi Wins Ebonyi South Senatorial Ticket by Bomboiy: 11:30am On Jun 10, 2022
so he bought the senatorial form whilst campaigning for the presidencial ticket as well?

These politicians don't rate us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Umahi Wins Ebonyi South Senatorial Ticket by Esama: 11:31am On Jun 10, 2022
grin our democracy are really threatening.
Re: Governor Umahi Wins Ebonyi South Senatorial Ticket by seunmsg(m): 11:36am On Jun 10, 2022
Vertraulichkeit:

Tinubu has been at the receiving end of character assassination mostly from SE folks without anybody crying about it. So, why are you so worked up because I said I prefer Umahi to be the Senate president over a character like Orji Uzor Kalu? Am I not entitled to my personal preference again? Why wail this much over nothing?

609 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Governor Umahi Wins Ebonyi South Senatorial Ticket by Vertraulichkeit: 11:42am On Jun 10, 2022
seunmsg:

Tinubu has been at the receiving end of character assassination mostly from SE folks without anybody crying about it. So, why are you so worked up because I said I prefer Umahi to be the Senate president over a character like Orji Uzor Kalu? Am I not entitled to my personal preference again? Why wail this much over nothing?

Come on, get out of my mention and look for your petty type elsewhere; always pretending, living on twisting and denying facts.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Umahi Wins Ebonyi South Senatorial Ticket by seunmsg(m): 11:48am On Jun 10, 2022
Vertraulichkeit:

Come on, get out of my mention and look for your petty type elsewhere; always pretending, living on twisting and denying facts.

They can’t take what they give grin grin grin

606 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Governor Umahi Wins Ebonyi South Senatorial Ticket by CilicMarin: 11:50am On Jun 10, 2022
Okwyjesus:

Anyim pius was a First timer, when he became the Senate President.

It is just to ammend that particular section of their standing rule.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Umahi Wins Ebonyi South Senatorial Ticket by KanwuliaExtra: 11:50am On Jun 10, 2022
Now PITOBI can claim the state.✅

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Umahi Wins Ebonyi South Senatorial Ticket by CilicMarin: 11:51am On Jun 10, 2022
Kalashnikov49:
Seunmsg....

This isnt news na!! If as an incumbent he cant win "his" party's senatorial sit, then he is useless. The major issue is when he contests against the PDP candidate.

Its very much obvious that you guyz enjoy building useless DUPLEXES on thin air!!...Very unsophisticated grin grin grin grin grin grin

He has no opponent in Ebonyi South... unfortunately for you. grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Umahi Wins Ebonyi South Senatorial Ticket by haffaze777(m): 11:52am On Jun 10, 2022
God bless Dave umahi

588 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Umahi Wins Ebonyi South Senatorial Ticket by CilicMarin: 11:52am On Jun 10, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:
Now PITOBI can claim the state.✅

claim Motor grin grin Keyboard warriors

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Umahi Wins Ebonyi South Senatorial Ticket by BabydiHot(f): 11:54am On Jun 10, 2022
CilicMarin:

sharap ngeneukwenu.

Just like ize iyamu
Andy uba and co
Tinubu is bound to fail

Hehehehe

3 Likes

Re: Governor Umahi Wins Ebonyi South Senatorial Ticket by BabydiHot(f): 11:55am On Jun 10, 2022
CilicMarin:

He has no opponent in Ebonyi South... unfortunately for you. grin
shatap stop talking nonsense

1 Like

Re: Governor Umahi Wins Ebonyi South Senatorial Ticket by udokpuenyi(m): 11:55am On Jun 10, 2022
seunmsg:

This is a very big hypocritical lies from the pit of hell. The character assassination is on both side just that you guy want to gaslight everybody into believing your narratives. You cannot continue to slander Igbo at every turn and expect them to keep quiet forever.

5 Likes

Re: Governor Umahi Wins Ebonyi South Senatorial Ticket by BabydiHot(f): 11:56am On Jun 10, 2022
CilicMarin:

Anyim pius was a First timer, when he became the Senate President.

It is just to ammend that particular section of their standing rule.
rubbish.
Re: Governor Umahi Wins Ebonyi South Senatorial Ticket by KanwuliaExtra: 12:01pm On Jun 10, 2022
CilicMarin:

With PITOBI on a ballot, you think BOULLION VANS will reach SE or SS? grin

This eleshun go sweeeeeet gaaaaaan.

Umahi don use APC enter “safe house” like Akpabio. The rest?

Take it as you see it o.

Abi you don ask Flavour N’abania? wink

1 Like

Re: Governor Umahi Wins Ebonyi South Senatorial Ticket by Adonis86(m): 12:06pm On Jun 10, 2022
Idinma

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Infrastructure, Defense Get Bulk Of Buhari's N8.6trillion Budget.. / 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola / The Animal Called Idiot by Ezeigbokwe Chika

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.