Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,600 members, 7,801,731 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

How A Netflix Engineer Landed A $800k Job - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How A Netflix Engineer Landed A $800k Job (5811 Views)

Ugrade To The Next Level With Netflix Premium Ultra 4k HD - "Take Action Today" / The Easiest Way To Record Netflix Video With Vidmore Screen Recorder / Netflix Premium Acct For Sale....1k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A Netflix Engineer Landed A $800k Job by Hannania(m): 5:30pm On Jun 13, 2022
grin
LikeAking:

Wia convanant kids one see internet do leetcode?

Make una calm down.

I can solve every code on JS DSA, Just give me Google. DSA na cruise.
grin grin grin Go and solve na. We don't argue with those facts. Go on LinkedIn and query Nigerians working at FAANG, and you'd see the facts.
Re: How A Netflix Engineer Landed A $800k Job by namikaze: 6:58pm On Jun 13, 2022
LikeAking:

Make una calm down.
Lolz Og whiner, but seriously can you solve 1 hard leetcode problem?
Re: How A Netflix Engineer Landed A $800k Job by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:17pm On Jun 13, 2022
namikaze:

Lolz Og whiner, but seriously can you solve 1 hard leetcode problem?

That's too far. There's a ton of easy problems he won't solve. No be by mouth.
Re: How A Netflix Engineer Landed A $800k Job by LikeAking: 12:05am On Jun 14, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

When Google Neva die.
Re: How A Netflix Engineer Landed A $800k Job by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:36am On Jun 14, 2022
LikeAking:

When Google Neva die.

Hahaha you can't see everything on Google bros trust me. If everything was available on Google people would have been getting faang jobs left right and center. Even the online assessment it's hard to cheat. You wont find answers to questions you are given anywhere online.
Re: How A Netflix Engineer Landed A $800k Job by LikeAking: 2:52am On Jun 14, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Hahaha you can't see everything on Google bros trust me. If everything was available on Google people would have been getting faang jobs left right and center. Even the online assessment it's hard to cheat. You wont find answers to questions you are given anywhere online.

Not the whole answer.

Research is part of the whole tin.

#Clues.
Re: How A Netflix Engineer Landed A $800k Job by Nobody: 7:23am On Jun 14, 2022
stanliwise:

Naso, as e open the mail dey show una one by one abi?
The way people take dey yarn lamba for this nairaland ehn

dey calm down sometimes na, shuu
Re: How A Netflix Engineer Landed A $800k Job by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:29am On Jun 14, 2022
LikeAking:

Not the whole answer.

Research is part of the whole tin.

#Clues.

Maybe but remember you are given Less than 30 mins to come up with an optimal solution. Time is not unlimited.
Re: How A Netflix Engineer Landed A $800k Job by Nobody: 7:30am On Jun 14, 2022
Hannania:
No one is talking about their quantity, but the kind of company they work for. From your comment, it seems you don't know how much the base salaries of fresh graduates at FAANG make in tech roles. Their range starts from $250k total compensation(base, stock and bonus). This is irrespective of position.

And concerning what Tenza said about switching roles, it's 100% true. Just that it's not common for front end to move to back end. But they make it clear that you have to be ready to learn new technologies.

My Colleague who did an internship with Facebook recently, was asked to learn and build a source product module on Hack(Facebooks variation of PHP). The length of the internship was just three months, but he had 6 weeks to do that.

They will only do that because they know he has an IQ for that. That's how big tech operates

I guess you need to join Blind platform, to see compensation of engineers

blind platform as how?
Re: How A Netflix Engineer Landed A $800k Job by Hannania(m): 7:36am On Jun 14, 2022
branham890:

blind platform as how?
Thats the name. Blind
Re: How A Netflix Engineer Landed A $800k Job by MadarasBlade(m): 9:08am On Jun 14, 2022
airsaylongcome:

You are lucky na. I close at 1am. Nothing on earth will allow me study when I close. I'm often dead tired by then.
Remote job?
Re: How A Netflix Engineer Landed A $800k Job by MadarasBlade(m): 9:12am On Jun 14, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

The most important thing to crack the interviews at these companies is a solid understanding of data structures and algorithms and systems design. They are taught in computer science at undergraduate level. I dont want to derail the thread. Check through my topics I have a guide do research online and then make your choice. Its not an easy journey its long, brutal and unforgiving.

This data structures, are you taking the maths route?
Like studying discrete maths and all or are studying how it's applied through programming languages?
Re: How A Netflix Engineer Landed A $800k Job by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:15am On Jun 14, 2022
MadarasBlade:

This data structures, are you taking the maths route?
Like studying discrete maths and all or are studying how it's applied through programming languages?

I did some basic discrete mathematics when I started last year. Been on this since November 2021.
Re: How A Netflix Engineer Landed A $800k Job by airsaylongcome: 9:24am On Jun 14, 2022
MadarasBlade:

Remote job?

Yep
Re: How A Netflix Engineer Landed A $800k Job by airsaylongcome: 9:24am On Jun 14, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

I did some basic discrete mathematics when I started last year. Been on this since November 2021.

That Discrete Maths is important o Tensa
Re: How A Netflix Engineer Landed A $800k Job by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 14, 2022
LikeAking:

Make una calm down.

Just give u google make u copy the solution abi wetin
Re: How A Netflix Engineer Landed A $800k Job by jesmond3945: 10:43am On Jun 14, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

https://walkccc.me/LeetCode/problems/0325/
Re: How A Netflix Engineer Landed A $800k Job by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:45am On Jun 14, 2022
jesmond3945:
https://walkccc.me/LeetCode/problems/0325/
Lol bros trust me my leetcode is open when I have online assessments and I have never seen a direct question on leetcode. Companies that proctor these test codility, hackkerank, code signal have people who work 24/7 forming new questions.
Re: How A Netflix Engineer Landed A $800k Job by jesmond3945: 10:45am On Jun 14, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Just give u google make u copy the solution abi wetin
to get the logic.
Re: How A Netflix Engineer Landed A $800k Job by jesmond3945: 10:49am On Jun 14, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Lol bros trust me my leetcode is open when I have online assessments and I have never seen a direct question on leetcode. Companies that proctor these test codility, hackkerank, code signal have people who work 24/7 forming new questions.
the answers would be in git then. Besides if you can solve 100 questions on leetcode, then you are good to land that FAANG job. Just concentrate on the standard questions, they always repeat them.
Re: How A Netflix Engineer Landed A $800k Job by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 14, 2022
jesmond3945:
to get the logic.

I don't think person interviewing you will allow you use Google.

It's like saying your exam invigilator should allow you use your phone to get logic of question.

It's not even reasonable
Re: How A Netflix Engineer Landed A $800k Job by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:16am On Jun 14, 2022
jesmond3945:
the answers would be in git then. Besides if you can solve 100 questions on leetcode, then you are good to land that FAANG job. Just concentrate on the standard questions, they always repeat them.

100 is if you have a genius-level IQ. 700 to 1000 is the standard for average intelligent folks. 1000+ for low intelligent folks. A girl I was chatting with from MIT was able to crack all FAANG interviews she has only done just 20 leetcode questions her whole life. How I go compare myself to person like that. I am not intelligent so I need to work much more harder. Google alone has 1182 tagged questions on leetcode. Amazon has around the same number too.
Re: How A Netflix Engineer Landed A $800k Job by jesmond3945: 12:48pm On Jun 14, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

100 is if you have a genius-level IQ. 700 to 1000 is the standard for average intelligent folks. 1000+ for low intelligent folks. A girl I was chatting with from MIT was able to crack all FAANG interviews she has only done just 20 leetcode questions her whole life. How I go compare myself to person like that. I am not intelligent so I need to work much more harder. Google alone has 1182 tagged questions on leetcode. Amazon has around the same number too.
lol. Yea very hard i tell you. So i draw up cheats to help me understand the pattern. The hardest part is how to handle the pointers.
Re: How A Netflix Engineer Landed A $800k Job by namikaze: 2:13pm On Jun 14, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

I wanted to give him the benefit of doubt, unsurprisingly his all talk no walk, I wonder how he'd be able to use search Google when his actually sharing ide/Google docs with the interviewer or when he's facing a whiteboard.
Re: How A Netflix Engineer Landed A $800k Job by namikaze: 2:32pm On Jun 14, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

I'm a bit curious about the girl, 20 questions? quite hard to believe. Perhaps she's been solving hard coding problems from other sources and just needed to do 20 questions to get adapted to leetcode's style.
Re: How A Netflix Engineer Landed A $800k Job by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:35pm On Jun 14, 2022
namikaze:

I'm a bit curious about the girl, 20 questions? quite hard to believe. Perhaps she's been solving hard coding problems from other sources and just needed to do 20 questions to get adapted to leetcode's style.

20 that's all. People get head o. Like super intelligent geniuses. You think they spend all day on leetcode
Re: How A Netflix Engineer Landed A $800k Job by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jun 14, 2022
By 100 do you mean the number of question solved? If so, shouldn't it be the genius with 1000+
tensazangetsu20:

Re: How A Netflix Engineer Landed A $800k Job by namikaze: 3:04pm On Jun 14, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

20 that's all. People get head o. Like super intelligent geniuses. You think they spend all day on leetcode
Yeah it MIT so it's possible, and those 20 would mostly be medium and hard lol.
Re: How A Netflix Engineer Landed A $800k Job by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:16pm On Jun 14, 2022
namikaze:

Yeah it MIT so it's possible, and those 20 would mostly be medium and hard lol.

Yeah but cant compare myself with such. Me I would only relax at 700+ questions.
Re: How A Netflix Engineer Landed A $800k Job by malawi101(m): 4:55pm On Jun 14, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Yeah but cant compare myself with such. Me I would only relax at 700+ questions.

Boss please what programming language do you implement you DSA
Re: How A Netflix Engineer Landed A $800k Job by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:56pm On Jun 14, 2022
malawi101:

Boss please what programming language do you implement you DSA
Java and JavaScript
Re: How A Netflix Engineer Landed A $800k Job by malawi101(m): 5:28pm On Jun 14, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Java and JavaScript

Wooww so you do stack, queues, trees etc with JavaScript.... Lovely

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Initial Coin Offering (ICO) Script For Sale - Build your own crypto currency / Cost Of Building An App With More Features Than Uber / Data Science, AI & Machine Learning Tutorial Series

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.