Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,221 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

When Are We Going To Have A Uniform Phone Number To Call The Police Everywhere? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / When Are We Going To Have A Uniform Phone Number To Call The Police Everywhere? (1402 Views)

Are We Going Back To The Good Old Days With LG Gentle Flip Android 5.1? / How To Change Your Lost 2go Number To Your Current One / MTN Data Gifting: How To Send MB Data Bundle From MTN Number To Another (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Are We Going To Have A Uniform Phone Number To Call The Police Everywhere? by moleepaiko(m): 6:50pm On Aug 10, 2007
Hey Guys, I just wonder if any of you has been in a fix before and neede to call the police in the neighborhood to come to the rescue, did u remember (or even know) a number to call? In other instances, some crime is taking place and u want to help by calling the police and remaining annonymous but where is the number to the nearest police station? There are so many incidents, happenings, assistantce and help you can render if one knew how to call for it, especially now that our GSM operators are bussy celebrating 2,3 or even 4 years of existence. All the promotions and cash prizes to people is nothing, they have made millions from our people and should start showing some seriousness.
Well, I was under the impression that it was high time theseGSM operators called themselves together, got their acts together and launched interconectivity to the police, road safety, fire service and all other relevant authorities even if they do not function correctly. Let us come together and agree on a number that every kid can remember (Just like 911 in USA and 999 in Malaysia) so that there will be distress number for everyone to call.
I just thought for instance since democracy came back in may 1999 (or so it seems) so 599. What are your thoughts on this??
Re: When Are We Going To Have A Uniform Phone Number To Call The Police Everywhere? by sowapa: 8:08pm On Aug 10, 2007
Very thoughtful topic my brother, the situation is very disheartening! I once worked in a call centre and had been called up severally by people in distress for help either by giving a police number to them or giving police a call. I usually try all the numbers submitted by the police and it is either giving no response or most times says 'the subsciber has been disconnected or other error messages. I feel very bad and helpless in such situations. Some of these people would tell you armed robbers are by thier gates, street or in a neighbour's apartment. In fact recently someone called to report been a victim of ritual kidnap in badagry but ther was no police number to call. I hope we can come together and sanitise the situation fast.
Re: When Are We Going To Have A Uniform Phone Number To Call The Police Everywhere? by Seun(m): 7:59am On Nov 07, 2007
Ouch. It must feel horrible to receive such a call. Private security firm should be setup to help in such situations.
Re: When Are We Going To Have A Uniform Phone Number To Call The Police Everywhere? by mellow(m): 8:11am On Nov 07, 2007
Seun you are right. That is exactly what they should do. My Company provided us

with a security Phone number we should call when their is any form of emergency. It

is been sponsored by the Company.
Re: When Are We Going To Have A Uniform Phone Number To Call The Police Everywhere? by nazzyon(m): 6:45pm On Nov 09, 2007
That is what the 199 is meant for

It is general for which ever network you are using. There is always someone at the end to respond to your calls.
Re: When Are We Going To Have A Uniform Phone Number To Call The Police Everywhere? by tck2000(m): 11:03am On Feb 03, 2020
Seun:
Ouch. It must feel horrible to receive such a call. Private security firm should be setup to help in such situations.

(1) (Reply)

Used Nokia E90, N96 And N80 For Sale / Uk Used Grade A Blackberry Curve 2 (8520) / Airtel Operamini

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.