Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

I Believe Tinubu Is The Most Prepared Candidate For Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Believe Tinubu Is The Most Prepared Candidate For Presidency (1683 Views)

Nigeriens Angry, Believe Tinubu Is Waging War Against Them - Umar Abubakar / 2023 Presidency: Nigerians Should Support, Vote The Most Prepared Candidate / Orji Uzor Kalu: I Am The Most Prepared Presidential Candidate In Nigeria (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Believe Tinubu Is The Most Prepared Candidate For Presidency by donbrowser(m): 4:39am On Jun 12, 2022
I have carefully written this piece to postulate on why I feel Tinubu is the most prepared candidate for presidency. These are strictly my opinions and unsponsored post.
P.S. I have never been a fan of Tinubu or a political party but I am voting for Tinubu in the forthcoming election and here’s why:
1. Making Lagos Self Reliant: It is no news that Asiwaju was governor of Lagos state and did not receive local government allocations from then President Olusegun Obasanjo. Asiwaju was able to generate IGR within Lagos, made the state self-reliant, won re-election and infact his LCDA proposal to Obasanjo then was not only approved for Lagos, it became a model for Local Governments across the country.
2. Unbiasly Putting Square Pegs in Square Holes: Asiwaju has been known to work with the best team available. It is very common to politicians to reward their elites with political posts by making them state commissioners, giving them contracts or other juicy appointments but you can bank on some names when it comes to appointment by Tinubu. Some of them include Osinbajo, Fashola, Fowler, Aregbesola, Muiz Banire, Yemi Cardoso. Pemit me to extend the list to Joe Igbokwe, Sam Egube and Kabiru Ahmed Abdullahi. Asiwaju doesn’t care where you come from, if you can do the work, you will get the job.
3. He is ready for Presidency: Immediately the 2019 election was concluded, I was still in Ekiti state and could remember vividly how some BAT 2023 groups popped up and his people already started canvassing for him. This is long before he declared his ambition. At first, I thought it was a joke until Asiwaju was seen on different occasions making donations to North, moving his birthday celebrations to Kano state while some aspirants were not even in the show. We saw how the primaries played and Asiwaju made history for having 7 aspirants stepped down for his ambition, a masterpiece move no one saw coming. I can categorically beat my chest to the fact that Asiwaju even has his ministerial list already.
4. LASTMA, VIO, RRS and Neighbourhood Watch: Despite the cry of other states over insecurity and attack, Lagos is one of the most peaceful states in the country. Asiwaju’s influence on RRS arrangement and the creation of Neighbourhood watch is something commendable. The Neighbourhood watch has employed a lot of youth and are currently lending a hand to security and transport officers. LASTMA and VIO are other notable organizations set up through Asiwaju’s road map and they’ve been constantly providing jobs for Lagos youths and making giant strands in the transport system.
These are few points I’ve carefully listed to show why I’m voting for Asiwaju and believe in his presidency. I believe preparation is key to making good governance, Asiwaju went from being Lagos leader to regional leader then presidency unlike many aspirants that only show up when election is left with 6 months. I believe he will do a better job than the current administration based on the points listed above. Any ulterior opinions are hereby welcomed.

Seun Lalasticlala Mynd44

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Believe Tinubu Is The Most Prepared Candidate For Presidency by joe54: 4:44am On Jun 12, 2022
grin
Re: I Believe Tinubu Is The Most Prepared Candidate For Presidency by Ecos(m): 4:52am On Jun 12, 2022
Tinubu is a thief!!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Believe Tinubu Is The Most Prepared Candidate For Presidency by donbrowser(m): 4:55am On Jun 12, 2022
Ecos:
Tinubu is a thief!!

I agree with you but that's on another topic. This topic is about who's most prepared for presidency. He didn't just come out 6 months to election to say he wants to be president. He was even the first to declare his ambition, he's been making consultations since 2019 which showed in the primary results.

9 Likes

Re: I Believe Tinubu Is The Most Prepared Candidate For Presidency by Urheadmaster(m): 5:15am On Jun 12, 2022
donbrowser:

I agree with you but that's on another topic. This topic is about who's most prepared for presidency. He didn't just come out 6 months to election to say he wants to be president. He was even the first to declare his ambition, he's been making consultations since 2019 which showed in the primary results.

Probably because its now or never for him

3 Likes

Re: I Believe Tinubu Is The Most Prepared Candidate For Presidency by derecho(m): 5:16am On Jun 12, 2022
This guy dey consistent... This Platform 2016.
If nairaland isn't displaying it.. You could view on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwmhDwux8DQ
Re: I Believe Tinubu Is The Most Prepared Candidate For Presidency by Freestainworld(m): 5:22am On Jun 12, 2022
Person wey get Parkinson disease, hand just dey shake up and down Na em dey prepare pass, e go rule you shaa, a vibrant man will get my vote.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Believe Tinubu Is The Most Prepared Candidate For Presidency by donbrowser(m): 5:27am On Jun 12, 2022
Urheadmaster:

Probably because its now or never for him

Not at all. While some candidates were going about their normal businesses after losing election in 2019, Asiwaju started making consultations. Even the Bible says whatever your hand finds doing, do it with your might. Ecc 9:10.

He was serious about his business of becoming a president. Even if he will need to rig, buy voters etc. He had everything planned. There's a particular candidate that just popped out of nowhere now and wants to become president. It's not done anywhere in the world. You need to do your homework properly which Asiwaju has done

3 Likes

Re: I Believe Tinubu Is The Most Prepared Candidate For Presidency by Nobody: 5:28am On Jun 12, 2022
The danger in the north supporting him as they are pretending do may just be because they've envisaged a 'Yaradua' scenario playing out. It may sound ominous or like a wish, but it's not.
Take a close look at that man, you'll know he's very sick and frail. I hope a certain region wouldn't cry foul for presenting their worst candidate.

I come in peace!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Believe Tinubu Is The Most Prepared Candidate For Presidency by donbrowser(m): 5:31am On Jun 12, 2022
Freestainworld:
Person wey get Parkinson disease, hand just dey shake up and down Na em dey prepare pass, e go rule you shaa, a vibrant man will get my vote.

When Fayose wanted to become governor of Oyo state, he started visiting the delegates immediately another tenure started in the state. He even helped some to work on their farm.

It's all about your level of seriousness and preparedness. How prepared is your vibrant man? How many people has he met in the last 4 years (not months)?

How many political issues has he suggested solutions to in the last 4 years?

What did he say in 2020 about Corona virus?

1 Like

Re: I Believe Tinubu Is The Most Prepared Candidate For Presidency by Tomek09(m): 5:32am On Jun 12, 2022
He is prepared and with Muslim-Muslim ticket, he is good to go grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Believe Tinubu Is The Most Prepared Candidate For Presidency by donbrowser(m): 5:35am On Jun 12, 2022
zenius:
The danger in the north supporting him as they are pretending do may just be because they've envisaged a 'Yaradua' scenario playing out. It may sound ominous or like a wish, but it's not.
Take a close look at that man, you'll know he's very sick and frail. I hope a certain region wouldn't cry foul for presenting their worst candidate.

I come in peace!

Why won't the North support Asiwaju? Tell me. He's been strategically having his birthday in the North, sending donations for crisis and sympathizing with them over calamities. So will the North support someone that just showed up for their votes or an Asiwaju that donated thousands of bags of rice to them. I could remember how many of you insulted him and call him an asslicker for that act. Now he's benefitting from it and you're complaining. So who should the North support?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Believe Tinubu Is The Most Prepared Candidate For Presidency by donbrowser(m): 5:36am On Jun 12, 2022
Tomek09:
He is prepared and with Muslim-Muslim ticket, he is good to go grin grin

Let's wait till then. The Asiwaju I know will not choose a Muslim running mate since he gave up his position for Osinbajo to emerge as VP in 2015.

If anything changes, I will surely criticise him.

1 Like

Re: I Believe Tinubu Is The Most Prepared Candidate For Presidency by AngelicBeing: 5:38am On Jun 12, 2022
donbrowser:

Hahaha, l like your first sentence, you said that you agree that he is a thief but he is a theif but good in governance and well prepared for the 2023 elections, l also agree with you grin

2 Likes

Re: I Believe Tinubu Is The Most Prepared Candidate For Presidency by donbrowser(m): 5:39am On Jun 12, 2022
derecho:
This guy dey consistent... This Platform 2016.
If nairaland isn't displaying it.. You could view on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwmhDwux8DQ

You're sharing 2016 video where this man was invited to talk. How does ghat relate to preparing for 2023 general elections?

1 Like

Re: I Believe Tinubu Is The Most Prepared Candidate For Presidency by AngelicBeing: 5:40am On Jun 12, 2022
donbrowser:

Hahaha, l like your first sentence, you said that you agree that he is a thief but despite been a clever thief but good in governance and well prepared for the 2023 elections, l also agree with you grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Believe Tinubu Is The Most Prepared Candidate For Presidency by Freestainworld(m): 5:41am On Jun 12, 2022
donbrowser:

When Fayose wanted to become governor of Oyo state, he started visiting the delegates immediately another tenure started in the state. He even helped some to work on their farm.

It's all about your level of seriousness and preparedness. How prepared is your vibrant man? How many people has he met in the last 4 years (not months)?

How many political issues has he suggested solutions to in the last 4 years?

What did he say in 2020 about Corona virus?
vote for him nag, since suffer no dey tire una

1 Like

Re: I Believe Tinubu Is The Most Prepared Candidate For Presidency by donbrowser(m): 5:42am On Jun 12, 2022
AngelicBeing:
Hahaha, l like your first sentence, you said that you agree that he is a thief but he is a theif but good in governance and well prepared for the 2023 elections, l also agree with you grin

If you read my piece from the beginning, you will see where I wrote that I've never been a fan of Asiwaju and I stated reasons why I'm voting him. Asiwaju has his flaws but this topic is about the level of preparedness of candidates towards 2023 general elections. You can state how your preferred candidate has prepared to win the election or has prepared for presidency in the last 4 years. Emphasis on the last 4 years

2 Likes

Re: I Believe Tinubu Is The Most Prepared Candidate For Presidency by donbrowser(m): 5:43am On Jun 12, 2022
Freestainworld:
vote for him nag, since suffer no dey tire una

Is that all?
Re: I Believe Tinubu Is The Most Prepared Candidate For Presidency by Tomek09(m): 5:44am On Jun 12, 2022
donbrowser:

Let's wait till then. The Asiwaju I know will not choose a Muslim running mate since he gave up his position for Osinbajo to emerge as VP in 2015.

If anything changes, I will surely criticise him.
Northern Muslims won't give him bloc votes. So his only surest win is Muslim-Muslim ticket.
Re: I Believe Tinubu Is The Most Prepared Candidate For Presidency by TrueNigerian300: 5:52am On Jun 12, 2022
Asiwaju awon eranko Buhari version 2.0
Re: I Believe Tinubu Is The Most Prepared Candidate For Presidency by donbrowser(m): 5:53am On Jun 12, 2022
Tomek09:

Northern Muslims won't give him bloc votes. So his only surest win is Muslim-Muslim ticket.

When he chooses his vp then you will know how prepared he is for the particular issue that stopped him from being VP in 2015
Re: I Believe Tinubu Is The Most Prepared Candidate For Presidency by donbrowser(m): 5:55am On Jun 12, 2022
None of these young candidates are prepared for presidency. When they lose election, they will go back to their business and you won't hear from them again. We had Covid, EndSars and other burning issues that they could have used to boost their popularities and canvas against the coming election. You won't see them. While they were busy with their business, Asiwaju was celebrating his birthday in Kano, donating thousands of bags of rice to the North and sending sympathy messages to them. I'm not saying Asiwaju is a good person. After all this is said and done, Asiwaju will get Northern votes and you will claim he rigged or the North are Nigeria's problem. If you are serious about governance, you will start preparing since the day you lose not coming out six months to election claiming you want to liberate youths or the country.
Re: I Believe Tinubu Is The Most Prepared Candidate For Presidency by derecho(m): 5:58am On Jun 12, 2022
If not for bias, I expected you to see consistency in what he's been saying even when he wasn't vying for any post.

The average Nigerian politician is a different person in an election year and shouldn't be taken serious.

That said,
What other better way do you prepare for an election. If not consistently proffering solutions before election and sustaining it?
It's not every one that gets a "structure" by inducing other thieves and calling it strategy or building networks.

He, Obi, has been preparing by engaging Youths and intellectuals for years.You can go to Lagos Business School and ask about him.

He is not your regular devious politician but very strategic.

Ask yourself why the third force and intellectuals/youths across Nigeria are rooting for him without him giving us a dime.
donbrowser:

You're sharing 2016 video where this man was invited to talk. How does ghat relate to preparing for 2023 general elections?

3 Likes

Re: I Believe Tinubu Is The Most Prepared Candidate For Presidency by Ezehillary(m): 6:01am On Jun 12, 2022
For you
Re: I Believe Tinubu Is The Most Prepared Candidate For Presidency by onumadu: 6:03am On Jun 12, 2022
You mean the most prepared to swallow Nigeria whole? Perhaps!
Lagos is still reeling from his grip, now Nigeria's coffers?
Ever since Tinubu stopped a worthy governor like Ambode from getting his well deserved second term, I came to see the man for what he is.
Can any fair minded Lagosian say that Gov Ambode did not perform?
Why then did Tinubu force him out?
Each time I drive on top of one of Ambode's bridges in Lagos, I feel this anger at Tinubu.
And I'm not even Yoruba, neither am I a Lagosian.
Nigeria must never allow him anywhere near our purse.
The smoke of the man's greed reaches heavens!

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Believe Tinubu Is The Most Prepared Candidate For Presidency by donbrowser(m): 6:04am On Jun 12, 2022
derecho:

If not for bias, I expected you to see consistency in what he's been saying even when he wasn't vying for any post.

The average Nigerian politician is a different person in an election year and shouldn't be taken serious.

That said,
What other better way do you prepare for an election. If not consistently proffering solutions before election and sustaining it?
It's not every one that gets a "structure" by inducing other thieves and calling it strategy or building networks.

He, Obi, has been preparing by engaging Youths and intellectuals for years.You can go to Lagos Business School and ask about him.

He is not your regular devious politician but very strategic.

You're making the same mistake. All over and over again.

Fast forward to post primary election. Asiwaju has visited virtually all the presidential aspirants that competed against him to seek their support so they can work together as a team. He knows these people hold blocs or voters which will be useful for his agenda.

You mentioned Obi, how has he prepared for presidency since he lost the election in 2019?
Re: I Believe Tinubu Is The Most Prepared Candidate For Presidency by donbrowser(m): 6:06am On Jun 12, 2022
onumadu:
You mean the most prepared to swallow Nigeria whole? Perhaps!
Lagos is still reeling from his grip, now Nigeria's coffers?
Ever since Tinubu stopped a worthy governor like Ambode from getting his well deserved second term, I came to see the man for what he is.
Can any fair minded Lagosian say that Gov Ambode did not perform?
Why then did Tinubu force him out?
Each time I drive on top of one of Ambode's bridges in Lagos, I feel this anger at Tinubu.
And I'm not even Yoruba, neither am I a Lagosian.
Nigeria must never allow him anywhere near our purse.
The smoke of the man's greed reaches heavens!

Do you have anything to say about how prepared or not Tinubu has been in the last 4 years?
Re: I Believe Tinubu Is The Most Prepared Candidate For Presidency by onumadu: 6:09am On Jun 12, 2022
donbrowser:

Do you have anything to say about how prepared or not Tinubu has been in the last 4 years?

You mean since his bullion van incidence before the last elections?
Maybe he added more bullion vans since then.

1 Like

Re: I Believe Tinubu Is The Most Prepared Candidate For Presidency by donbrowser(m): 6:10am On Jun 12, 2022
onumadu:

You mean since his bullion van incidence before the last elections?
Maybe he added more bullion vans since then.

So none of you can state how your candidate has prepared for election in the last 4 years?

1 Like

Re: I Believe Tinubu Is The Most Prepared Candidate For Presidency by silibaba: 6:10am On Jun 12, 2022
donbrowser:
I have carefully written this piece to postulate on why I feel Tinubu is the most prepared candidate for presidency. These are strictly my opinions and unsponsored post.
P.S. I have never been a fan of Tinubu or a political party but I am voting for Tinubu in the forthcoming election and here’s why:
1. Making Lagos Self Reliant: It is no news that Asiwaju was governor of Lagos state and did not receive local government allocations from then President Olusegun Obasanjo. Asiwaju was able to generate IGR within Lagos, made the state self-reliant, won re-election and infact his LCDA proposal to Obasanjo then was not only approved for Lagos, it became a model for Local Governments across the country.
2. Unbiasly Putting Square Pegs in Square Holes: Asiwaju has been known to work with the best team available. It is very common to politicians to reward their elites with political posts by making them state commissioners, giving them contracts or other juicy appointments but you can bank on some names when it comes to appointment by Tinubu. Some of them include Osinbajo, Fashola, Fowler, Aregbesola, Muiz Banire, Yemi Cardoso. Pemit me to extend the list to Joe Igbokwe, Sam Egube and Kabiru Ahmed Abdullahi. Asiwaju doesn’t care where you come from, if you can do the work, you will get the job.
3. He is ready for Presidency: Immediately the 2019 election was concluded, I was still in Ekiti state and could remember vividly how some BAT 2023 groups popped up and his people already started canvassing for him. This is long before he declared his ambition. At first, I thought it was a joke until Asiwaju was seen on different occasions making donations to North, moving his birthday celebrations to Kano state while some aspirants were not even in the show. We saw how the primaries played and Asiwaju made history for having 7 aspirants stepped down for his ambition, a masterpiece move no one saw coming. I can categorically beat my chest to the fact that Asiwaju even has his ministerial list already.
4. LASTMA, VIO, RRS and Neighbourhood Watch: Despite the cry of other states over insecurity and attack, Lagos is one of the most peaceful states in the country. Asiwaju’s influence on RRS arrangement and the creation of Neighbourhood watch is something commendable. The Neighbourhood watch has employed a lot of youth and are currently lending a hand to security and transport officers. LASTMA and VIO are other notable organizations set up through Asiwaju’s road map and they’ve been constantly providing jobs for Lagos youths and making giant strands in the transport system.
These are few points I’ve carefully listed to show why I’m voting for Asiwaju and believe in his presidency. I believe preparation is key to making good governance, Asiwaju went from being Lagos leader to regional leader then presidency unlike many aspirants that only show up when election is left with 6 months. I believe he will do a better job than the current administration based on the points listed above. Any ulterior opinions are hereby welcomed.

Seun Lalasticlala Mynd44
alphabeta money speaking, not prepared.

1 Like

Re: I Believe Tinubu Is The Most Prepared Candidate For Presidency by donbrowser(m): 6:11am On Jun 12, 2022
silibaba:
alphabeta money speaking, not prepared.

Still not related to the topic

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023:Wike Doesn't Deserve To Be A VP Let Alone President..Ned Nwoko / Kwankoso Go & Sit Down / Fact Check: Between Jakande And Tinubu, Who Developed Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.