Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

What Is The Most Effective Way Of Preaching The Gospel? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Most Effective Way Of Preaching The Gospel? (10365 Views)

Ways Of Preaching The Gospel / Little Boy Preaching The Gospel In Rivers State / Activist Tears Winners Chapel’s I.V, Accuses Oyedepo Of Preaching Hate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Most Effective Way Of Preaching The Gospel? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:27am On Jun 12, 2022
What Is The Most Effective Way Of Preaching The Gospel?

The greatest and most inspiring leader and preacher that ever lived was Jesus.

It isn't by coincidence that He commands the largest following and religious group on Earth.

The reason He was able to inspire humans to that unparalleled degree was His extraordinary leadership. He was a leader that led His followers not just by Words but also by example.

His disciples who played an important and sacrificial role in bringing His Gospel to the world must have been really inspired by the Gospel He preached, but I believe what inspired them most was the Gospel He lived.

He was a leader that didn't just teach His disciples how to serve or to humble themselves, but literally took a bucket and towel and started to clean and wash the feet of His own servants.

Above all, He was the Good shepherd who humbled Himself, went as a lamb before the slaughter, and laid down His life for His sheep.

So if He being their Lord and Master could humble Himself and serve to that degree, how much more they being His servants?

Hence the selfless and sacrificial lives His disciples went on to live for His Name and Gospel sake. They were inspired by the life and example of the best Leader that ever was. That's the reason why we have His Gospel presently with us today.

It's sad though to see how much such selfless and exemplary leadership of Jesus, and also His disciples who followed His example, is lacking in the present day church.

I pray the day would return when the church was led by leaders who did not just lead and preach the Gospel with their mouths but also with their lives.

God bless.

20 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Effective Way Of Preaching The Gospel? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:28am On Jun 12, 2022
A young man God is using mightily to reach the unreached with the Gospel and bringing pagans to Christ, called me a couple of years back and said:

"I'd be eternally grateful to God for your life... I didn't need to read the Bible... to be inspired to do what I'm doing today. It's your life that inspired me... It's because of your example that made me to be so generous today that I don't give to be compensated or recognized. Although it's been over 10 years now, you can see how fresh what you did is still on my mind..."

While he was saying this, I was in shock and close to tears. I didn't know how to respond to a thing like that. It was dumbfounding.

This was someone I first met sometime in 2003, at the early stages of my walk with God where it was all about Him.

And He said he didn't need to read the Bible to be inspired to do what he's doing today. My life and example was enough preaching to inspire him to do likewise.

That wasn't even the first time I have heard such a thing. I have had several occasions where I would see someone being generous and compassionate, but would think the person had that in him before we met. But to my surprise, they'd tell me that they weren't so beforehand, but it was after they got to know me that they became so.

These instances proved to me the efficacy of preaching by example, and that it really worked, because I never expected this and wasn't even trying to achieve this.

I was just trying to love God, to do the things that pleased Him and to keep His Word, but it turned out be a very effective way of preaching the Gospel.

God bless.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Most Effective Way Of Preaching The Gospel? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:28am On Jun 12, 2022
Jesus said:

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." Matthew 5:16

33 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Effective Way Of Preaching The Gospel? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:16am On Jun 19, 2022
Amen.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Effective Way Of Preaching The Gospel? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:31am On Jun 26, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
Jesus said:

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." Matthew 5:16

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Effective Way Of Preaching The Gospel? by xeratek: 10:51am On Jun 26, 2022
I am not ashamed of the gospel because it is the power of God unto salvation cool

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Effective Way Of Preaching The Gospel? by ATEAMS: 10:51am On Jun 26, 2022
The victorious Christian life is a series of new beginnings.❤️

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Effective Way Of Preaching The Gospel? by infini771: 10:52am On Jun 26, 2022
Re: What Is The Most Effective Way Of Preaching The Gospel? by NaijaBoy213(m): 10:52am On Jun 26, 2022
Okay
Re: What Is The Most Effective Way Of Preaching The Gospel? by shaggy007(m): 10:53am On Jun 26, 2022
By practicing what you preach.

Preaching is by actions, not words.

12 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Effective Way Of Preaching The Gospel? by ejimatic: 10:53am On Jun 26, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
What Is The Most Effective Way Of Preaching The Gospel?

The greatest and most inspiring leader and preacher that ever lived was Jesus.

It isn't by coincidence that He commands the largest following and religious group on Earth.

The reason He was able to inspire humans to that unparalleled degree was His extraordinary leadership. He was a leader that led His followers not just by Words but also by example.

His disciples who played an important and sacrificial role in bringing His Gospel to the world must have been really inspired by the Gospel He preached, but I believe what inspired them most was the Gospel He lived.

He was a leader that didn't just teach His disciples how to serve or to humble themselves, but literally took a bucket and towel and started to clean and wash the feet of His own servants.

Above all, He was the Good shepherd who humbled Himself, went as a lamb before the slaughter, and laid down His life for His sheep.

So if He being their Lord and Master could humble Himself and serve to that degree, how much more they being His servants?

Hence the selfless and sacrificial lives His disciples went on to live for His Name and Gospel sake. They were inspired by the life and example of the best Leader that ever was. That's the reason why we have His Gospel presently with us today.

It's sad though to see how much such selfless and exemplary leadership of Jesus, and also His disciples who followed His example, is lacking in the present day church.

I pray the day would return when the church was led by leaders who did not just lead and preach the Gospel with their mouths but also with their lives.

God bless.
In imitation of Jesus and Apostles ,Preaching from door to door.....Math 10. 12-14. Act 20:20

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Effective Way Of Preaching The Gospel? by sassiemyk: 10:53am On Jun 26, 2022
From Door to Door and from House to House. Like Christ commanded. And also by living and exemplary life, by practicing what we preach and setting examples like Christ did.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Most Effective Way Of Preaching The Gospel? by eedimo(m): 10:54am On Jun 26, 2022
house to house

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Effective Way Of Preaching The Gospel? by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 10:54am On Jun 26, 2022
Atleast no oath signed before entering this thread like Muslims do

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Effective Way Of Preaching The Gospel? by Younghacka(m): 10:54am On Jun 26, 2022
Christianity Is Not A Religion But A Lifestyle. Thanks For This Wonderful Piece.

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Effective Way Of Preaching The Gospel? by Offpoint1: 10:55am On Jun 26, 2022
Preaching doesn't convert people, it only makes you feel guilty momentarily.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Effective Way Of Preaching The Gospel? by lasisi69(f): 10:56am On Jun 26, 2022
NaijaBoy213:
Okay

Morning people, abeg who go fit assist me with 1k or 2k make i use pay transport go church and put offering. God bless.

UBA

go the nearest in your area and you also don't need offering... God sees all... He knows already... undecided

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Effective Way Of Preaching The Gospel? by meobizy(f): 10:58am On Jun 26, 2022
This section comes alive only on Sundays. The best way to preach the gospel is spreading it to tribes isolated from the world. Without literature to counter your teachings they will accept the word wholeheartedly. Teach the children because they are the future of the clan. They are also quick to learn and imbibe foreign concepts.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Effective Way Of Preaching The Gospel? by Jokerman(m): 10:59am On Jun 26, 2022
Character and behaviour.

Not by shouting or carry big Bible.

Infact Christ like Character is what the early believers and missionaries where known of

9 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Effective Way Of Preaching The Gospel? by JackDaAlienz(m): 10:59am On Jun 26, 2022
Nobody takes gospel serious anymore
Because y'all talk TOO MUCH without Action.

If you yourself that is preaching
cannot practice what you preach
Then why TF should i take you serious

Everybody can preach. Politicians preach to the masses everyday. Preaching alone is just words

Emulating what you preach solidifies preaching which then makes an impact and change lives

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Effective Way Of Preaching The Gospel? by Toks2008(m): 10:59am On Jun 26, 2022
Your persona

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Effective Way Of Preaching The Gospel? by Juliearth(f): 11:01am On Jun 26, 2022
There is no kingdom information that people are not privy to. What irks people the most about Christianity is the negative radicality we display. So, the best bet at preaching still remains through living a Christ-like life. "Let your light (in this case,life) so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your father in heaven."

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Effective Way Of Preaching The Gospel? by treatise: 11:02am On Jun 26, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
A young man God is using mightily to reach the unreached with the Gospel and bringing pagans to Christ, called me a couple of years back and said:

"I'd be eternally grateful to God for your life... I didn't need to read the Bible... to be inspired to do what I'm doing today. It's your life that inspired me... It's because of your example that made me to be so generous today that I don't give to be compensated or recognized. Although it's been over 10 years now, you can see how fresh what you did is still on my mind..."

While he was saying this, I was in shock and close to tears. I didn't know how to respond to a thing like that. It was dumbfounding.

This was someone I first met sometime in 2003, at the early stages of my walk with God where it was all about Him.

And He said he didn't need to read the Bible to be inspired to do what he's doing today. My life and example was enough preaching to inspire him to do likewise.

That wasn't even the first time I have heard such a thing. I have had several occasions where I would see someone being generous and compassionate, but would think the person had that in him before we met. But to my surprise, they'd tell me that they weren't so beforehand, but it was after they got to know me that they became so.

These instances proved to me the efficacy of preaching by example, and that it really worked, because I never expected this and wasn't even trying to achieve this.

I was just trying to love God, to do the things that pleased Him and to keep His Word, but it turned out be a very effective way of preaching the Gospel.

God bless.
You've finished it. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Effective Way Of Preaching The Gospel? by kumulus(m): 11:02am On Jun 26, 2022
Be the gospel.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Effective Way Of Preaching The Gospel? by ReluctantAdult(m): 11:02am On Jun 26, 2022
Stop with the judgemental, demeaning and threatening approach and adopt Jesus's non-discriminatory, all-inclusive style.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Effective Way Of Preaching The Gospel? by DropsMic(m): 11:02am On Jun 26, 2022
Yawn
Re: What Is The Most Effective Way Of Preaching The Gospel? by luxs(m): 11:03am On Jun 26, 2022
TEACHIN what the NEED to know, not what the LOVE to hear¡

@the same tyme bein the mirror of the gospel!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Effective Way Of Preaching The Gospel? by lomprico(m): 11:05am On Jun 26, 2022
Practice what you preach

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pre-birth Memories - Life Before Birth / Atheist Dies And Goes To Hell, Then Heaven, Meets God And Shares Testimony. / Senate Passes Obamahealth Bill, Chip To Be Implanted On D Arm Or Forehead; 666?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.