Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,007 members, 7,803,345 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians (23093 Views)

CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 / Christians Won’t Vote Muslim-Muslim Presidential Candidates - PFN / 2023: CAN Opposes Christian-Christian, Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by surequality: 3:24pm On Jun 12, 2022
I can see you like no peace!
ItsTutsi:
On Muslim-Muslim ticket we stand!!

1 Like

Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Bujillion: 3:25pm On Jun 12, 2022
I am a Christian, if you must hear the truth, Christians are not the real players, when it comes to politics in this country. Osinbajo a Christian and Pastor Bakare contested, they did not make meaningful impact. For me, I need somebody that will make Nigeria great, whether Christian, Muslim, traditional worshipper or even an atheist.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Gerrard59(m): 3:26pm On Jun 12, 2022
Bashir75:
ONLY IGBO CHRISTIANS WILL BE LEFT BEHIND IF APC CHOOSE MUSLIM-MUSLIM TICKET. NORTH-CENTRAL HAS CULTURAL RELATION WITH YORUBAS. KOGI AND KWARA FOR INSTANCE HAVE HUGE YORUBAS INDIGENES OUT OF SIX NC STATES.

THE CHRISTIANS IN NORTH CENTRAL BENEFITED FROM LARGE NORTH COVERS ECONOMICALLY AS MINORITIES UNLIKE THE MUSLIMS IN IGBOLAND WHO DONT EVEN HAVE A SAY.

MUSLIM-MUSLIM WIN LANDSLIDE. NIGERIANS TODAY REGARDLESS OF REGION/ RELIGION WANT GOOD LIFE.

RELIGION MAKES OUR PEOPLE POORER.

IF RELIGION IS A FACTOR, SOUTH EAST SHOULD BE LIKE LONDON AND NORTH SHOULD BE LIKE DUBAI.

Are you saying there is no competent Northern Christian to merge with Tinubu? If so, why did Jonathan choose Sambo as his VP when Yar'Adua died? Why did he not choose a Christian from Plateau or Taraba? BTW, why should a Christian in Ogun or Enugu or Cross River be comfortable with a Muslim-Muslim ticket when Christians are butchered in Southern Kaduna (a state roughly divided along religion lines) with reckless abandon?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Keneeby(m): 3:26pm On Jun 12, 2022
biggie73:
I am a Christian. It's the economy and security of lives and properties that matters. Religious background should not exist.

You're myopic in your reasoning. Will muslims accept christian-christian ticket?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by akanbiaa(m): 3:27pm On Jun 12, 2022
teewety:
The one and only question is that is it only in Muslim-Muslim ticket that competency and capability can be realized?
If the answer is NO, Northern Governors should stop advocating for a Muslim-Muslim ticket. It is unfair to other faiths.

TINUBU should be advised not to fall into this pit.

Religion in Nigeria (est. 2018)[1]

Muslim (53.5%)
Christian (45.9%)
Other (0.6%)
If TINUBU choose a Muslim as running mate then either Atiku or Peter Obi will be our next president. Don't take other faiths for granted.

My one Kobo advise.
No be by social media stastitsics but na for street they dey run am ,na people wey dey competent and get merit we go vote for, we no send their religion or tribe for all these years religion and tribe of leaders have not benefitted anyone in anyway.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jun 12, 2022
ItsTutsi:
On Muslim-Muslim ticket we stand!!

Take am... waka

1 Like

Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Gerrard59(m): 3:28pm On Jun 12, 2022
Bujillion:
I am a Christian, if you must hear the truth, Christians are not the real players, when it comes to politics in this country. Osinbajo a Christian and Pastor Bakare contested, they did not make meaningful impact. For me, I need somebody that will make Nigeria great, whether Christian, Muslim, traditional worshipper or even an atheist.

So, why don't we make it Southern Muslim and Northern Christian? Why should someone in Bayelsa trust a Muslim-Muslim ticket whereas Christians are slaughtered in Kaduna, which has a similar religious divide as Nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Obagreatdatoye(m): 3:29pm On Jun 12, 2022
ednut1:
Under a Christian president. He allowed sharia to be created. Under a Christian VP Christians were killed enmasse. Why are we so stupid in Nigeria. Muslim Muslim, Christian Christian. Muslim Christian tickets is just gimmicks
Oponu.....it will be worst without a rep in aso rock.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by akanbiaa(m): 3:30pm On Jun 12, 2022
Keneeby:

You're myopic in your reasoning. Will muslims accept christian-christian ticket?
Its not about who will accept and who will not accept but marketing the candidates and winning over people to vote for them , but they mist have practical and workable solutions to society problems and not just bank on their religious or tribal status to win. Hope you get the point.
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jun 12, 2022
teewety:
The one and only question is that is it only in Muslim-Muslim ticket that competency and capability can be realized?
If the answer is NO, Northern Governors should stop advocating for a Muslim-Muslim ticket. It is unfair to other faiths.

Muslim (53.5%)
Christian (45.9%)
Other (0.6%)
If TINUBU choose a Muslim as running mate then either Atiku or Peter Obi will be our next president. Don't take other faiths for granted.

My one Kobo advise.

Lol. If Tinubu picks a northern Christian as vp and wins, he will be the first to do that in the history of Nigeria… for me that is the real red flag…
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Gerrard59(m): 3:30pm On Jun 12, 2022
Hussein035:

When APC chose pastor as the VP this same people still vote PDP, go and check Google for 2019 election results by States in Nigeria, yet you are here claiming Muslim Christian syndrome.

If you foolishly allow Atiku to win don't come here to complain that terrorist attack the whole of your village and killed everyone otherwise I will swear for you

You mean like in Southern Kaduna where Christians are mowed down even though it has a Muslim-Muslim governorship setting headed by your beloved El-Rufai?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Taliya: 3:31pm On Jun 12, 2022
Tinubus best bet is to pick a core northerner from NW or NE in order to s ecure nothern block votes. someone liked by their ppl eh elrufai or Zulum or lobby kwankwaso if he can.Tinubu looks more Christian to the average northerner (Christian children and pastor wife) and will apply this sentiment when voting.

APC should forget about SE discouraging MM tickets as they won't vote for tinubu anyway. Forget along, plateau won't vote APC at the federal level as well. Same thing with Benue and taraba, he may get away with 30% from each state.

Rain dollars in the SS to get reasonable votes, campaign rigourously in NE states like Bauchi Bornu yobe and gombe states to get block votes, same thing with NW states. In NC he should focus on nassarawa, abuja, Niger and kogi to get substantial votes too

Comin to his base SW, he should get nothing less than 80% as 1. Yorubas are woke and don't care about religion secondly, they are more tribal than religious. a Yoruba Muslim will hire or appoint his Yoruba Christian brothers before a nothern Muslim and they trust each other like that.

Add his pastor wife influence and he wins with a landslide.

and for those trying to bring up Islamic agenda, I tell you it will not work. Shouldn't tinubu start the agenda with his first family??

Lastly picking a CM or Muslim Christian hasn't benefited the ordinary Nigerian like..polititians don't care about you, that is having sleepless nights over that. all they care about is winning and looting. The average Muslim elite and their families live like the westerners.

Those saying bandits are having their way in Kaduna, what will you say about zamfara?? Or you think having a Christian as VP will have prevented the killings?? Why don't Osibanjo prevent the everyday killings happening currently?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by achymmania: 3:32pm On Jun 12, 2022
nony43:
Op. I disagree with you on your statistics. There are more Christians than Muslims in Nigeria. States like Sokoto, Kastina, Bornu, Adamawa, Kaduna, Nasarawa Benue, Platuea, Taraba, Niger, Gombe, Bauchi and Kogi states has very good number of Christian communities. Let’s not even talk about SE, SW and SS.

Back to your topic, can Muslims accept a Christian Christian candidates? When MNK was shouting that they want to Islamise Nigeria you guys were making fun of him. Now it is before us. From the top Politically and from the grass root foot soldiers in form of herdsmen, bandits backed my Nigerian military.

Did Buhari not Fulanise all the ministries? And Nigerians want to vote another Muslim. Anyway they should try it then they will know that what God can not do doesn’t exist. It will be a smooth ride for Atiku or Obi.
so nah Tinubu wan Islamise Nigeria now??
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Gerrard59(m): 3:32pm On Jun 12, 2022
ednut1:
Under a Christian president. He allowed sharia to be created. Under a Christian VP Christians were killed enmasse. Why are we so stupid in Nigeria. Muslim Muslim, Christian Christian. Muslim Christian tickets is just gimmicks

Gimmicks as it is to Christians in Kaduna who are butchered whereas the state is divided equally along religious lines even though it is a Muslim-Muslim setting?

2 Likes

Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 12, 2022
On Muslim-Muslim We stan coolcool
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Lukuluku69(m): 3:32pm On Jun 12, 2022
teewety:

Muslim (53.5%)
Christian (45.9%)
Other (0.6%)

My one Kobo advise.

CAN can register CAN as CHRISTIAN ALLIANCE OF NIGERIA. They can rotate the Presidency among/between different Denominations. You guys would easily win with your figures. Ignore everything just vote Christian Alliance of Nig if you are a Christian. Problem solved. Case closed.

1 Like

Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by mmsen: 3:34pm On Jun 12, 2022
It's too easy to distract you people with religious and tribal nonsense.

This is one of the major reasons why this country is the way that it is.
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by boldtruthalways: 3:35pm On Jun 12, 2022
UstazAhmed:
While i would want a Muslim President but i wont support a Muslim - Muslim tickets this time. It doesn't speak good for our dear nation and for equity as Allah encouraged
If you truly want equity, why will you desire for a Muslim President after Buharii's 8years in power? It should be a Southern Christian. That's justice, equity and fairness. Nigeria is a secular nation and rotating power between North and South and Muslim and Christian is fairness.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by NigerianAngelo(m): 3:35pm On Jun 12, 2022
noleflendum:
It is very simple vote your Muslim Christian ticket make i vote for my own Muslim Muslim ticket

Who says there won't be a Christian-Christian ticket?
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by lagosrd: 3:36pm On Jun 12, 2022
teewety:

Muslim (53.5%)
Christian (45.9%)
Other (0.6%)

My one Kobo advise.

You're correct but that your statistics is very wrong. I mean very wrong . Even Kano that is acclaimed the largest Moslem state has a very significant number of christians and other faiths. But the southern moslems keep deceiving themselves otherwise.

No states in southwest has 20% moslem population.

1 Like

Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Gerrard59(m): 3:36pm On Jun 12, 2022
This is what will happen should you people have Muslims as president and vice:

Xbobtage:
I agree with you, that the trajectory of this country is one where the Bokoharam/ISIS gain enough momentum where they can over power the nigerian Army or start power Sharing. Anyone who is not already understanding/accepting the realism of this is not a deep thinker.

Shekau has always been clear, Bokoharam's mission is to erase western education and bring ALL of nigeria under islamic Rule, This is their long term Goal and mission.

The group has gone very far from being splinter cells of a terror group to a Juggernaut that now controls large swats of territory in many . northern states, in partnership with ISIS which already is a sort of a Quasi government in Libya, Iraq and somalia. In other words its not wrong to say that Bokoharam is Backed by governments - People with infinite sources of money from Oil and taxes imposed on people living in the territories they currently control.

For you to understand the mindset of a typical bokoharam supporter, You have to understand that the Bokoharam fighters are fighting for is what right according to the Quran, they believe that by converting you to Islam they are helping you and your children unborn to save their souls to make it to the Kingdom of God. And they believe they are also doing this to Gain Favor in the Eyes of God. How can you stop a people with this type of resolve.

Any true muslim knows and believes that what Bokoharam is fighting for is right by the words of Allah,(although, they may not like How Bokoharam is going about trying to Achieve thier Agenda).

So how can Bokoharam fighter defeat the nigerian Military and overwhelm the north? Its happening before our eyes.

* The nigerian Military already is currently rehabilitating BH fighters and putting them in the military, if you remember that this is an Ideology, then you can understand that a Bokoharam fighter can never change.
* The Nigerian Military is Primarily based off the North of Nigeria. Armory, Training facilities, Planes, Jet fighters all domiciled in the north.
* There are more Muslims as top commanders and as foot soldiers in all of the three nigerian Military and even police. That explains the Arabic written words on the nigerian Army's Emblem, if truly Nigeria was a secular country or one that respects the existence of the christian populace, those words in Arabic wouldnt be there)

So all you need a Military Chief of staff that shares the same ideals as bokoharam and is balsy enough to make a move, and boom, Non muslim top members of the military would be arrested, others would flee the country, foot soldiers who are unwilling to comply would be killed or also arrested and there you have it, the nigerian military machine is in the hands of Bokoharam, then they would start taking cities as you see the taliban do, those who accept islam would be spared, ISIS did the same in iraq and syria in 2015 or so i guess. That being the case, no southern state, stands a fighting chance, People who accept islam might be offered large benefits and believe it or not, that would cause alot of communities to convert, the same way a lot communities were made to renounce their ethnicity during the Biafran war.

Also, It may not be the all out aggressive way that you are thinking, it might be sort of systematic. They may look for a soft landing initially by saying something like after going through census, its clear that the muslim population of nigeria is now more than 60% and that they have declare that nigeria is now a muslim state just like malaysia, churches would now need special permissions to function. Then, slowly, slowly eat into every fabric of your daily life, until it becomes illegal to be anything but a "true practising Muslim", it was done in Iran.

If you think its impossible to have a radicalized muslim in a top military position, you should remember your current minister of communication who has professed his love for the ways of Bokoharam(Alqeada), If you can have that as an aid to the president, then anything is possible.

Don't say I did not warn you people o. But sha, I will always be here to remind you when it happens.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Benmob: 3:37pm On Jun 12, 2022
Hussein035:

When APC chose pastor as the VP this same people still vote PDP, go and check Google for 2019 election results by States in Nigeria, yet you are here claiming Muslim Christian syndrome.

If you foolishly allow Atiku to win don't come here to complain that terrorist attack the whole of your village and killed everyone otherwise I will swear for you
d same as atiku ,d same as tinubu Muslim Muslim ticket, diz same tinubu that fulani were killing in southwest,he kept mute.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by bjdon: 3:37pm On Jun 12, 2022
Toneypen247:
You guys are giving this thing more relevance than necessary undecided undecided angry Just get your PVC and vote these political urchins out

I tire bros. There is absolutly no need to heat up the nation on this issue. Anybody can select whoever they want on their ticket. Las las it was for we the voters to make our choice. The MOST IMPORTANT thing for every christian in this country now is TO GET YOUR PVC. Making noise online is of no value. There are no polling stations online. Get your PVC and be read for the election.That's all
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by lagosrd: 3:38pm On Jun 12, 2022
boldtruthalways:

If you truly want equity, why will you desire for a Muslim President after Buharii's 8years in power? It should be a Southern Christian. That's justice, equity and fairness. Nigeria is a secular nation and rotating power between North and South and Musloma did Christian is fairness.

The truth they don't want to hear . Sadly if this tinubu thing passes unfortunately mose of these present non challant youths would have been 16 yrs older perhaps most will be fools at forty. Either early forty or late forties.
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by samx4real(m): 3:40pm On Jun 12, 2022
They want what is happening in Kaduna state to take over the country.

Pls don't allow them to Islamize our country NIGERIA
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by ransomed: 3:40pm On Jun 12, 2022
ClimaxHerbalixt:
Is it possible for APC to pick Christian as a V.P and if Yes, who will it be?

1. Dogara.
2. Lalong.
3. Babachir.

Oh God! Never allow them to listen and apply wisdom for the emancipation of IBO race .
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Obagreatdatoye(m): 3:41pm On Jun 12, 2022
casualobserver:

No problem vote for Atiku or Obi, we know you are here to demarket . The people who are goi g to vote for Tinubu will vote for him. The Christians that care about this nonsense are not Tinubu supporters to begin with. The bottom line is the Christians APC will lose with Muslim Muslim ticket are either not going to vote for him to start and even if he loses some they are not enough to offset the northern Muslims he will gain or retain with a Muslim Muslim ticket.

A ppoliticoan is in politics to win. For APC Muslim Muslim is the winning formula. I am a Christian and I endorse Muslim Muslim, just balance it with Christian senate president and Christian speaker.

A Vice President has no constitutional power, a senate president and speaker are more powerful than a Vice President. A Vice President can’t do anything to stop your imaginary Muslim agenda because he has no powers. A Christian senate president and speaker can protect Christians from this imaginary Muslim agenda because the president cannot do anything without the approval of parliament.
A dumb Christian you mean.... until they kill your mother before u go get sense...oponu
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by casualobserver: 3:43pm On Jun 12, 2022
Obagreatdatoye:

A dumb Christian you mean.... until they kill your mother before u go get sense...oponu

Tell me how Osinbajo as VP prevented killings of Christians and let the world know who is the real oponu!
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by TenQ: 3:47pm On Jun 12, 2022
teewety:

Muslim (53.5%)
Christian (45.9%)
Other (0.6%)

My one Kobo advise.
Tinubu is the one that has to worry with a Muslim -Muslim ticket. Audu of Kogi state comes readily to mind.
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by meetme01: 3:48pm On Jun 12, 2022
ImDStar:
I am beginning to believe that some Nigerians deserve to die suffering.

In the first place, how can you be praying for a better country and also complaining of a retrogressing country like Nigeria and yet Atiku and Tinubu are your best choice?
That's pure madness in highest order.

You're suffering oo, and you're still the diehard fans your slave master!! What kind of human being do that??

You know in your subconscious that you're toying the wrong line, but that spirit of suffering in you must make sure you don't apply common sense.

That's how majority of you did in 2015, and you're still the most affected person by your masters unfortunate leadership sorry oo.

Even if it would only be my vote LP garnered that day, I will feel fulfilled.

What you don't understand is this.

Nigerians have now understood politics and politicians very well now. I can bet with my life, if AA or BAT wins, that's the climax of old men in power. The next set will have a tough time to convince Nigerians. We would measure there history, performance, source of wealth etc.

We just need to be patient and get rid of these old mofos. If this is the price we need to pay, then, we don't have a choice.

My joy is that, 2023 will be tough. Even BAT and AA are scared of the third force, PO and NNPP.

To meet all the requirements will be an herculean task. Two-thirds especially will not be easy now that the youths are getting involved. It will not be a easy ride for all. It will be a good omen for our democracy. Youths will get more involved.
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by casualobserver: 3:49pm On Jun 12, 2022
Gerrard59:

So, why don't we make it Southern Muslim and Northern Christian? Why should someone in Bayelsa trust a Muslim-Muslim ticket whereas Christians are slaughtered in Kaduna, which has a similar religious divide as Nigeria?

If the Christian in Bayelsa or Aba will vote for Tinubu if he fields a Christian VP, then he is incentivized to field a Christian VP because he will lose many Northern votes to Atiku if he fields a Christian VP. And that is the point, you don’t trust him and will not vote for him even with a Christian VP so what does he have to gain by selecting a Christian VP?

Northern Christians are a minority, you don’t alienate the majority for the sake of a minority.

Elections are about winning, the same reason PDP chose a northern candidate when they should pick a southern candidate is the same reason APC must field a Muslim Muslim ticket to win. If you don’t like it and religion matters so much to you please go ahead and vote Peter Obi and stop disturbing us.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

APC, PDP Dey Craze - Datti Attacks Opposition Parties At Lagos Rally / Fear Of Buhari: Govs Rush To Declare Assets / Five APC Governors Meet With Tambuwal In Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.