Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,626 members, 7,801,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians (23092 Views)

CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 / Christians Won’t Vote Muslim-Muslim Presidential Candidates - PFN / 2023: CAN Opposes Christian-Christian, Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by emmykk(m): 3:51pm On Jun 12, 2022
Only idiots will talk about muslim-muslim tickets as bad is Tinubu wife no a senior pastor in Redeemed?...there are more Christain in the south but we allow Tinubu a Muslim to represent us especially with the help of the north over Osinbajo.

You can't force northerns that are predominantly Muslim to choose a christian that same way we southern foolishly choose Ahmed Bola Tinubu to represent us.

Let APC do Muslim Muslim is ok and let PDP Atiku do Muslim Christain. Aren't the presidential candidates not both Muslim. What did?. What use is Osinbajo as christian influence on APC? Nothing.

The real candidate is not going to be influence by religion but by tribalism

The polls will decide
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by biggie73(m): 3:52pm On Jun 12, 2022
Keneeby:

You're myopic in your reasoning. Will muslims accept christian-christian ticket?
....You don't have to resort to negativity because we don't share same view. Again I don't assume on what has not happened. I speak for myself. Do same for yourself.
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by phineas: 3:52pm On Jun 12, 2022
Peter Obi will be the candidate to watch out for if Tinunbu picks a muslim running mate. Either way ,APC picked loyalty above common sense. And Tinubu picked personal interest above National interest.Both situations are sad from strategic people , those are decisions made by bad managers and may be the end of their party.

Tinubu and Atiku will split northern votes leaving peter obi with a solid block of eastern votes, and possibly a large chunk of christian votes if uncouth and rude elements from his tribe dont spoil his chances before then with their uterances

I for one will vote for him in the face of a muslim muslim ticket by APC cause its a slap to our face, and as a duty one must respond by rejecting such a team, even if ones vote does not count. I am sure many will feel the same way too.

But ruling will be tough for him with a senate and HOR filled to the brim with opposition.But then this is Nigeria.all will be well.
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by integrity16(m): 3:52pm On Jun 12, 2022
CallYeNot:
They: Presidential election shouldn't be about Ethnicity.

They also: We've been marginalized. cry

They: Presidential election shouldn't be about religion but competency.

They also: Muslim Muslim ticket is a no.

Bunch of wailers.

Are you the one to revert the religious division these politicians have caused in this country? May I tell you that it is too late for that.

We are not all wailers, this country is already divided along religious lines so it is only fair you balance things. The election is already about ethnicity, we are tired of the nepotistic tendencies faced with the current administration whereby islamists are the ones on top positions in this country. Have you forgotten the patami case so soon
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by OgbuefiCallWell: 3:53pm On Jun 12, 2022
ooh my God!!!
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Lukuluku69(m): 3:53pm On Jun 12, 2022
Obagreatdatoye:

A dumb Christian you mean.... until they kill your mother before u go get sense...oponu

CAN can register CAN as CHRISTIAN ALLIANCE OF NIGERIA. They can rotate the Presidency among/between different Denominations. You guys would easily win with your figures. Ignore everything just vote Christian Alliance of Nig if you are a Christian. Problem solved. Case closed.
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by jrusky(m): 3:53pm On Jun 12, 2022
teewety:
The one and only question is that is it only in Muslim-Muslim ticket that competency and capability can be realized?
If the answer is NO, Northern Governors should stop advocating for a Muslim-Muslim ticket. It is unfair to other faiths.

TINUBU should be advised not to fall into this pit.

Religion in Nigeria (est. 2018)[1]

Muslim (53.5%)
Christian (45.9%)
Other (0.6%)
If TINUBU choose a Muslim as running mate then either Atiku or Peter Obi will be our next president. Don't take other faiths for granted.

My one Kobo advise.

Sorry Muslim has no 53% anywhere so pls stop key in to those bloody almanjiri useless narratives bullshit.

However, Muslim Muslim ticket is dead on arrival. Thanks.
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Danwakae(m): 3:54pm On Jun 12, 2022
post=113732003:

Gbamsolutely!
END OF THREAD.

Hehehehe grin cheesy wink,
Inoki 247 no go killi person for dis our ogbonge Nairaland.com oooo

You people should be mindful of your words, tho, can only happen in NL... I am a Muslim from Taraba state ...in my state , A Christian/Christian ticket may win election... But they can't try it ...

Baba Tinubu best bet is a Muslim/Muslim ticket , else Baba Atiku, my candidate will win before the election day. Most Muslims in core north , see Baba Tinubu as a Christian, and should he pick a Northern Christian as VP , he has thrown away his chances of winning... Nigeria is one of the most religious country in the world , and those saying religion doesn't matter in our election are very far from the truth

You must educate and let people see the need and reasons for baba Tinubu to pick a muslim/Muslim ticket , cos not all r capitalizing on it politically. Else , should those bad politicians take advantage of this Muslim/Muslim stuff, Nigeria at it current state cannot withstand it...

Baba Atiku and Baba Tinubu are good friend , let us not divide Nigeria for them

1 Like

Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by sharpsecret: 3:54pm On Jun 12, 2022
Iloko:
*PROF. IBRAHIM AHMAD MAQARI, (Imam Abuja Central Mosque):*

*CHOOSING THE NEXT PRESIDENT; Muslim or Christian.*

Q. He was asked on which faith (Muslim or Christian) would he prefer to vote for in the upcoming Presidential election.

A. I would vote for someone with Islamic attributes NOT an Islamic name.
Islamic attributes mean; someone trustworthy, honest, sincere, incorruptible, fair, and just even if his name is Joseph or Jacob or Johnson. I will not vote for anyone who doesn't possess these attributes even if his name is Abdullahi or Abdulrahman or Abdulrahim❗

The most important thing is justice and equity. Politicians are deceptively using religion to woo the masses into voting for them. It's wrong for some people to be promoting religious bias in promoting their candidates... That's injustice.
It's just like when u want to travel by flight, u will not mind which faith the pilot belongs to all you need to know if that matters is his years of experience, hours on air etc OR going to the hospital and demand to know the faith of the doctor that will treat you.
having an Islamic attribute makes you a potential terrorist...all Muslim countries in the world are full of terrorist

1 Like

Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by yomi531(m): 3:54pm On Jun 12, 2022
There are more Christians in Nigeria than Muslims. The 17 southern states are predominantly Christian states plus Benue, Plateau, Taraba. Add 45-50% of Kogi, Nasarawa, Fct , 35% of Adamawa and Kaduna. Not forgetting southern Bauchi and Gombe. Christians are by far the majority in naija. Forget fake stats
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Alabiola1987(m): 3:55pm On Jun 12, 2022
[u are standing alonequote author=ItsTutsi post=113726312]On Muslim-Muslim ticket we stand!![/quote]
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Lukuluku69(m): 3:56pm On Jun 12, 2022
Keneeby:

You're myopic in your reasoning. Will muslims accept christian-christian ticket?

CAN can register CAN as CHRISTIAN ALLIANCE OF NIGERIA. They can rotate the Presidency among/between different Denominations. You guys would easily win with your figures. Ignore everything just vote Christian Alliance of Nig if you are a Christian. Problem solved. Case closed.
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by connection77: 3:56pm On Jun 12, 2022
Check History and learn as I title it The Fall of Turkey
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by SmartyPants(m): 3:57pm On Jun 12, 2022
teewety:
The one and only question is that is it only in Muslim-Muslim ticket that competency and capability can be realized?
If the answer is NO, Northern Governors should stop advocating for a Muslim-Muslim ticket. It is unfair to other faiths.

Muslim (53.5%)
Christian (45.9%)
Other (0.6%)
If TINUBU choose a Muslim as running mate then either Atiku or Peter Obi will be our next president. Don't take other faiths for granted.

My one Kobo advise.

In the last regime with a Christian VP, we saw attacks against Christians rise. What matters is not their religion but their character.

At the end of the day, Peter Obi is the man.
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Bbbw: 3:57pm On Jun 12, 2022
Yeah
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by SpatialKing(m): 3:59pm On Jun 12, 2022
Nigeria is not Kaduna state please

Even in 1993, it was one of the reasons the election was Nullify
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Flier: 4:02pm On Jun 12, 2022
Tinubu must pick a Muslim to win the election otherwise he will lose woefully
Using religion card in south west won’t really work since the other candidates are not Yoruba and Tinubu only need south west and some big states in the North to win the election
If TINUBU should pick El-rufai from kaduna,it will take a miracle for him not to win
Atiku on the other hand must talk to Obi to come back to PDP to be his vice to give him a better chance because as it’s now,south east and SS May spoil ATIKUS chances
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by kponkedenge(m): 4:04pm On Jun 12, 2022
LeoDeKing:

Is it not as simple as that?

Since they know Tinubu will fail if he picks a Muslim running mate and they want him to fail, shouldn't they be happy about it? Why the noise then?

Quoting yourself with your multiple handles. Who do you this kain thing?
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Okobola146: 4:04pm On Jun 12, 2022
Muslim Muslim ticket is blasphemy
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by nony43(m): 4:05pm On Jun 12, 2022
achymmania:
so nah Tinubu wan Islamise Nigeria now??

Buhari Cabals
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Bfly: 4:06pm On Jun 12, 2022
What does Christianity has to do with the affair of this world.

The gullible Obi supporters should stop drawing Christianity into the mess of a thing called Politics.

Christians are not political.

1 Like

Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by 9jii(m): 4:06pm On Jun 12, 2022
teewety:

Muslim (53.5%)
Christian (45.9%)
Other (0.6%)

My one Kobo advise.
The Hypocrisy in this your rant is so obvious you have to abandon your point halfway.
THE STUPID QUESTION U ASK IS ALSO WRONG you are just trying to trick the little mind into falling for your UNHOLY agenda.
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Odingo1: 4:07pm On Jun 12, 2022
emmykk:
Only idiots will talk about muslim-muslim tickets as bad is Tinubu wife no a senior pastor in Redeemed?...there are more Christain in the south but we allow Tinubu a Muslim to represent us especially with the help of the north over Osinbajo.

You can't force northerns that are predominantly Muslim to choose a christian that same way we southern foolishly choose Ahmed Bola Tinubu to represent us.

Let APC do Muslim Muslim is ok and let PDP Atiku do Muslim Christain. Aren't the presidential candidates not both Muslim. What did?. What use is Osinbajo as christian influence on APC? Nothing.

The real candidate is not going to be influence by religion but by tribalism

The polls will decide

You are not sincere to yourself.
Keep on deceiving yourself and insulting people. Can Muslims accept Christian-Christian ticket to rule Nigeria.
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Elidrisy20: 4:08pm On Jun 12, 2022
If una like make una give Pope the VP, na una sabi
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by SirWisy: 4:10pm On Jun 12, 2022
I know how Elrufai will disturb the globe if it were to be Christian-christian ticket.
Now, he's talking trash
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by tesppidd: 4:11pm On Jun 12, 2022
nony43:
Op. I disagree with you on your statistics. There are more Christians than Muslims in Nigeria. States like Sokoto, Kastina, Bornu, Adamawa, Kaduna, Nasarawa Benue, Platuea, Taraba, Niger, Gombe, Bauchi and Kogi states has very good number of Christian communities. Let’s not even talk about SE, SW and SS.

Back to your topic, can Muslims accept a Christian Christian candidates? When MNK was shouting that they want to Islamise Nigeria you guys were making fun of him. Now it is before us. From the top Politically and from the grass root foot soldiers in form of herdsmen, bandits backed my Nigerian military.

Did Buhari not Fulanise all the ministries? And Nigerians want to vote another Muslim. Anyway they should try it then they will know that what God can not do doesn’t exist. It will be a smooth ride for Atiku or Obi.
Do you know how many Southern Christians voted for Tunibu?

Do you know how many Southern Christians stepped down for Tinubu?

So i ask? Who wants to Islamize Nigeria?

The Muslims or the Christians?
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Bashir75: 4:13pm On Jun 12, 2022
Gerrard59:

Are you saying there is no competent Northern Christian to merge with Tinubu? If so, why did Jonathan choose Sambo as his VP when Yar'Adua died? Why did he not choose a Christian from Plateau or Taraba? BTW, why should a Christian in Ogun or Enugu or Cross River be comfortable with a Muslim-Muslim ticket when Christians are butchered in Southern Kaduna (a state roughly divided along religion lines) with reckless abandon?

Competency runs regardless or religious inclinations. IF, Tinubu team thinks and feels his national developmental programs can be best achieved with MUSLIM-MUSLIM Ticket, he should do so.

Nigerians want good life not poverty. Since independence, we practice this stupid system. What have we benefitted? What does Eastern region government benefited from having their christian people governed them in this first republic? In a mixed religious society and in Yorubaland (Muslims, christians and traditionalist) we have most of our christian leaders as our political leaders and we benefitted from massive development and education.

It’s a mind construct to think religion has to do with national development. God desires for us to tap and prosper with our oil and gas deposits not poverty. Apologies because i’m beyond being emotional with poverty and hate being poor.
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by tesppidd: 4:13pm On Jun 12, 2022
Odingo1:

You are not sincere to yourself.
Keep on deceiving yourself and insulting people. Can Muslims accept Christian-Christian ticket to rule Nigeria.
Can Northerners accept a Southerner to rule for 8 years and hand over to another Southerner?
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by kingyakos: 4:15pm On Jun 12, 2022
nony43:
Op. I disagree with you on your statistics. There are more Christians than Muslims in Nigeria. States like Sokoto, Kastina, Bornu, Adamawa, Kaduna, Nasarawa Benue, Platuea, Taraba, Niger, Gombe, Bauchi and Kogi states has very good number of Christian communities. Let’s not even talk about SE, SW and SS.

Back to your topic, can Muslims accept a Christian Christian candidates? When MNK was shouting that they want to Islamise Nigeria you guys were making fun of him. Now it is before us. From the top Politically and from the grass root foot soldiers in form of herdsmen, bandits backed my Nigerian military.

Did Buhari not Fulanise all the ministries? And Nigerians want to vote another Muslim. Anyway they should try it then they will know that what God can not do doesn’t exist. It will be a smooth ride for Atiku or Obi.

Comrade no too shout am, all u need to do is join me in prayer make dem do the mistake so dem go use dia hand sweep dem sef commot for Aso rock. As for dat statistics from de op na too much watching of NTA news na it cause am.

1 Like

Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by ibroopeyemi(m): 4:16pm On Jun 12, 2022
noleflendum:
It is very simple vote your Muslim Christian ticket make i vote for my own Muslim Muslim ticket

True talk
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Sermwell(m): 4:16pm On Jun 12, 2022
ednut1:
Under a Christian president. He allowed sharia to be created. Under a Christian VP Christians were killed enmasse. Why are we so stupid in Nigeria. Muslim Muslim, Christian Christian. Muslim Christian tickets is just gimmicks
I'm sure this will not be your opinion if it was Christain-Christain ticket.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fear Of Buhari: Govs Rush To Declare Assets / Speakership: Gbajabiamila Woos Lawmakers With Smart Phones Gift / Nigeria Launches Search & Rescue Helicopter (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.