Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,932 members, 7,799,150 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:07 PM

Premier Of The Western Region, Deputy, Governor Were Christians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Premier Of The Western Region, Deputy, Governor Were Christians (1566 Views)

Western Region Ministerial List In 60s / The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times / Yemi Osinbajo And Ryong Nam, North Korea's Vice Premier Of Cabinet (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Premier Of The Western Region, Deputy, Governor Were Christians by Biodun556(m): 12:05pm On Jun 12, 2022
Yakubu Gowon, and the then chief of staff Joseph Edet Akinwale Wey who was his de facto deputy or vice head of state were christians

Awolowo, the premier of the western region was a Christian

Deputy premier, Ladoke Akintola, was a Christian

The Governor, Sir Adesoji Aderemi doubling as the ooni of Ife was also a Christian in the old western region.

Aguiyi Ironsi and deputy, Babafemi Ogundipe were christians.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Premier Of The Western Region, Deputy, Governor Were Christians by Biodun556(m): 12:06pm On Jun 12, 2022
The slot of Vice president in APC belongs to the North. They are free to choose christian or Muslim

If a Northern christian becomes Nigerian president in future, and the slot of the vice belongs to south east, will the Ibos allow ibo Muslim to represent them as the vice president?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Premier Of The Western Region, Deputy, Governor Were Christians by LeoDeKing: 12:08pm On Jun 12, 2022
Biodun556:
The slot of Vice president in APC belongs to the North. They are free to choose christian or Muslim
Gbamsolutely

7 Likes

Re: Premier Of The Western Region, Deputy, Governor Were Christians by AntiMahdi: 12:10pm On Jun 12, 2022
Biodun556:
Yakubu Gowon, and the then chief of staff Joseph Edet Akinwale Wey who was his de facto deputy or vice head of state were christians

Because back then merit was the order and besides majority of Muslims were illiterates including Yoruba Muslims who refused to attend Christian missionary schools but only began attending when a Christian Yoruba man, Awolowo invested in public education which he made free and compulsory so that your Muslim ancestors will be useful in future.

Mention one single Yaribanza Muslim that was part of the Independence struggle or that of the Awoist movement ?

Answer: None.

Yoruba muslims only started getting into the limelight in the late 70's and they always had affinity towards the north.

Yeye.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Premier Of The Western Region, Deputy, Governor Were Christians by Biodun556(m): 12:13pm On Jun 12, 2022
AntiMahdi:

Because back then merit was the order and besides majority of Muslims were illiterates including Yoruba Muslims who refused to attend Christian missionary schools but only began attending when a Christian Yoruba man, Awolowo invested in public education which he made free and compulsory so that your Muslim ancestors will be useful in future.

Mention one single Yaribanza Muslim that was part of the Independence struggle or that of the Awoist movement ?

Answer: None.

Yoruba muslims only started getting into the limelight in the late 70's and they always had affinity towards the north.

Yeye.

It is the same Nigeria. If Northern christian becomes Nigerian president in future, and the slot of the vice belongs to south east, will the Ibos allow ibo Muslim to represent them as the vice president?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Premier Of The Western Region, Deputy, Governor Were Christians by AntiMahdi: 12:23pm On Jun 12, 2022
Biodun556:

Yaribanza Mumuric , the Christians of northern Nigeria are much wiser now unlike what transpired in 2015 where they voted in your Boko Khalifar so as to end the Boko menace..

I know a lot of northern Christians who voted buhari and El Rufai in 2015 and all the reasons that led to them voting buhari is because they knew he was behind the terrorism and that GEJ being a Christian was why the muslim north went full Boko.

I was in Kano in 2014 when Sanusi was made Emir and I was shocked to see the black standard of jihad flying over his palace and mosques all over town. That black standard which BH also uses, describes a state of war in Islam.

They hoisted their jihad banners and went to war killing Christians in their midst over a Christian being their president something that is totally Haram for Muslims.

The northern Christians who were facing the brunt voted Buhari so that the attacks will stop as they knew that the reasons for all the madness was because a Christian was in power.

But rather than call his dogs to order, Buhari gave them a blanket cheque to expand operations by funding them under the pretext of ransom payments . Buhari as president opened new frontiers to the Jihadist in both the NW and middle belt which is now encroaching into your God foresaken SW.

These northern Christians are wiser now and over the last 7ys have lost all hope on govt and began defending themselves.

If you think they will vote a person like Tinubu who was at the forefront fighting against Jonathan's Terrorist declaration of BH then you are deluded.

7 Likes

Re: Premier Of The Western Region, Deputy, Governor Were Christians by kayusely70(m): 12:29pm On Jun 12, 2022
Those were the good old days! But it can backfire today!
Re: Premier Of The Western Region, Deputy, Governor Were Christians by AntiMahdi: 12:31pm On Jun 12, 2022
Because Yaribanza Muslims back then just like now still remain the most uneducated and backward demographic among the Yoruba race.

Go through any crime article reporting on criminality in Yoruba land and yiy will see that 99% of Yoruba criminals, ritualists are always Muslims.

2 Likes

Re: Premier Of The Western Region, Deputy, Governor Were Christians by Biodun556(m): 12:37pm On Jun 12, 2022
kayusely70:
Those were the good old days! But it can backfire today!

It will not, the christians of today should exercise patient like the Muslims of the good old days.
Re: Premier Of The Western Region, Deputy, Governor Were Christians by Osaze007: 12:42pm On Jun 12, 2022
grin That is because most Yoruba Muslims are illiterate hence you see them praying for Tinubu to win thinking they can finally match their Yoruba counterparts

It’s after 1980s when Awolowo free education became impactful that Muslims started rising in politics

If not for Christainity Yoruba would have been like Hausa or even worse

If you want to test the so called tolerance of the Yoruba Muslims
Sanwo olu/ Dapo Abiodun should appoint a Christian deputy

2 Likes

Re: Premier Of The Western Region, Deputy, Governor Were Christians by AntiMahdi: 12:42pm On Jun 12, 2022
Biodun556:

It is the same Nigeria. If Northern christian becomes Nigerian president in future, and the slot of the vice belongs to south east, will the Ibos allow ibo Muslim to represent them as the vice president?

A northern Christian is yet to occupy any relevant position in the core northern Muslim states.

Even the one that got in by default after his boss, Sambo was made VP by Jonathan was murdered . You do remember Yakowo of Kaduna state and how the Kaduna mafia murdered him with a planted bomb on his helicopter?

It is even official policy by these core northern Muslim states to deny Christians employment in the civil service or admission into state owned schools.

One of the reasons given for BH was that Obasanjo in trying to break the Fulani yoke, appointed so-called minorities and Christians from these core northern states in his govt in place of the Fulani. It is believed that this is what led to the Sharia crisis which the northern Muslims intended to use to frustrate and cage the christian population . When this didn't work, they then started BH in a border area of Yobe and Niger Republic around 2004!

FYI, the average Fulani Muslim will rather dine and wine in the house of a bona fide southern kafir than to be seen dead with a fellow northern Christian.

Northern Christians are the most persecuted and marginalized people in the world today and so there is no way they can rise above the Muslim population talk more of being President.

1 Like

Re: Premier Of The Western Region, Deputy, Governor Were Christians by Nwaajasa: 12:45pm On Jun 12, 2022
Biodun556:

The Governor, Sir Adesoji Aderemi doubling as the an ooni of Ife was also a Christian in the old western region.
just look how you think like a fool, who is talking about region or military regime? Do you think that Shehu Shagari was not wise by chosen a Christian or you never think it wise to ask why MKO was not allowed to enter Aso Rock. My brother be wise in Northern Nigeria we Christians that APC can choose one of them to be a running mate to Tinubu tans

1 Like

Re: Premier Of The Western Region, Deputy, Governor Were Christians by AntiMahdi: 12:46pm On Jun 12, 2022
LibertyRep:

This was absolutely true back then, Yoruba of Muslim faith had to change their names and faith to be able to attend schools back then, except of course those of the Noble or royal backgrounds like the Bola Ajibola.

The missionaries never discriminated against anybody wanting to attend their schools.

Sanusi attended a missionary primary school in Kaduna despite he being the son of the Emir of Kano.

The question to ask, if this name changing business is true, where Muslims barred by the missionary schools on their own accord or pressured to do so by the Yoruba Muslims.

Because all the children of the northern Emirs got their early education from same missionary schools.

1 Like

Re: Premier Of The Western Region, Deputy, Governor Were Christians by Penguin2: 12:46pm On Jun 12, 2022
Biodun556:

The Governor, Sir Adesoji Aderemi doubling as the ooni of Ife was also a Christian in the old western region.

Na true you talk.

Now, tell Tinubu to choose a Muslim running mate.

These lamentations are not necessary
Re: Premier Of The Western Region, Deputy, Governor Were Christians by LibertyRep: 12:49pm On Jun 12, 2022
AntiMahdi:

The missionaries never discriminated against anybody wanting to attend their schools.

Sanusi attended a missionary primary school in Kaduna despite he being the son of the Emir of Kano.

The question to ask, if this name changing business is true, where Muslims barred by the missionary schools on their own accord or pressured to do so by the Yoruba Muslims.

Because all the children of the northern Emirs got their early education from same missionary schools.

Sanusi is a from a royal background and I alluded to that in my post.
I do not know what transpired in the North but down here in the Yoruba land than I know , that was the situation with verifiable evidence. You either get a Christian version of your Muslim name or replace the name with a purely Yoruba middle name.

1 Like

Re: Premier Of The Western Region, Deputy, Governor Were Christians by Osaze007: 12:53pm On Jun 12, 2022
LibertyRep:

I do not know what transpired in the North but down here in the Yoruba land than I know , that was the situation with verifiable evidence. You either get a Christian version of your Muslim name or replace the name with a purely Yoruba middle name.

So what are Yoruba Muslims championing in Yoruba land when Tinubu becomes president
Re: Premier Of The Western Region, Deputy, Governor Were Christians by SWATMan: 12:53pm On Jun 12, 2022
AntiMahdi:
Because Yaribanza Muslims back then just like now still remain the most uneducated and backward demographic among the Yoruba race.

Go through any crime article reporting on criminality in Yoruba land and yiy will see that 99% of Yoruba criminals, ritualists are always Muslims.

I think you have a point here. So apt.
Re: Premier Of The Western Region, Deputy, Governor Were Christians by AntiMahdi: 1:00pm On Jun 12, 2022
LibertyRep:

And why was that the case?

Did the missionary schools ban Muslims from registering on their own?

You do know that at that time, Yoruba traditionalists were the majority with Christians and Muslims being a minority .

So were the traditionalists banned from these same schools?

What I can assume is that the Christian missionaries were banned from accepting Muslim students on a petition from the Yoruba Muslim society .

A Royal was above any harassment but the average Muslim pleb risked his life attending these schools and would have been treated and dealt with as an apostate which carries the death penalty in Islam.

So Yoruba Muslim illiteracy would have arisen from same Muslim rejection of education on secular grounds.

They only began going to school enmass after Awolowo began his mass free and mandatory state funded education program.

Thank God for Awo and his vision because if not for that policy , you guys would have the same problem they are facing up north with your Muslim population.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Premier Of The Western Region, Deputy, Governor Were Christians by Softmirror: 1:04pm On Jun 12, 2022
Nwaajasa:
just look how you think like a fool, who is talking about region or military regime? Do you think that Shehu Shagari was not wise by chosen a Christian or [b]you never think it wise to ask why MKO was not allowed to enter Aso Rock. [/b]My brother be wise in Northern Nigeria we Christians that APC can choose one of them to be a running mate to Tinubu tans

grin June 12 was annulled because of Muslim Muslim ticket lol. By Chief priest Father Babangida. grin

1 Like

Re: Premier Of The Western Region, Deputy, Governor Were Christians by duwdu: 1:06pm On Jun 12, 2022
Biodun556:

If a Northern christian becomes Nigerian president in future, and the slot of the vice belongs to south east, will the Ibos allow ibo Muslim to represent them as the vice president?

Very smart thinking! �

P34c3
Re: Premier Of The Western Region, Deputy, Governor Were Christians by AntiMahdi: 1:10pm On Jun 12, 2022
Softmirror:

grin June 12 was annulled because of Muslim Muslim ticket lol. By Chief priest Father Babangida. grin

The question you Yaribanza dolts need to ask yourselves is:

Why is the north insisting on a northern Muslim running mate to Tinubu?

Has it crossed your ewedufied brain that a northern Muslim VP will make an ideal substitute in future if they decide to get rid of Tinubu either via impeachment or other extra constitutional means(use your imagination on the latter).

Will the Muslim north go to the trouble of removing Tinubu for their detested fellow northern christian?

A Muslim Muslim ticket for Tinubu is a northern insurance on his presidency whose option will be activated when they no longer want tinubu at the helms.

Use brain una no go gree.

2 Likes

Re: Premier Of The Western Region, Deputy, Governor Were Christians by AntiMahdi: 1:22pm On Jun 12, 2022
OP, did Sarduna have a Christian deputy?

Name one core Muslim state in the north since 1999 that has had a christian deputy?

Even Kaduna that has always accommodated religious diversity in picking both Governor and his deputy made provisions for this until that Fulani leprechaun came and scattered it after he was voted in with a southern Christian running mate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Premier Of The Western Region, Deputy, Governor Were Christians by joyandfaith: 1:25pm On Jun 12, 2022
Northern muslims wouldn't make mistake of making Northern Christian a VP. Patrick Yakowa must not happen again. Yoruba muslims think fulanis like them. They are useful idiots. They killed or exiled Yoruba muslims who were descendants of Afonja to become emir of Ilorin.
Northern Christians were foolish to vote for Buhari in 2015. Buhari presidency has opened their eyes. Fulani and kanuri hegemonies are real. Other groups are slaves. know this.
Middle belt people are original slaves
Niger delta are first class slaves
Yorubas are second class slaves
Igbos are third class slaves
Hausas are natural slaves
Fulani and kanuris are slave masters

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Premier Of The Western Region, Deputy, Governor Were Christians by AntiMahdi: 1:28pm On Jun 12, 2022
joyandfaith:
Northern muslims wouldn't make mistake of making Northern Christian a VP. Patrick Yakowa must not happen again. Yoruba muslims think fulanis like them. They are useful idiots. They killed or exiled Yoruba muslims who were descendants of Afonja to become emir of Ilorin.
Northern Christians were foolish to vote for Buhari in 2015. Buhari presidency has opened their eyes. Fulani and kanuri hegemonies are real. Other groups are slaves. know this.
Igbos are not slaves

Bia, OSU

Kindly remove your betters in the form of the ND from your rants.

If I should remind you here, my ancestors made good coin as middle men between your Arochukwu slavers that dealt in their own people and your eternal Jewish slave masters.

Remove ND not only from your post but from your OSU tongue forever.
Re: Premier Of The Western Region, Deputy, Governor Were Christians by joyandfaith: 1:35pm On Jun 12, 2022
AntiMahdi:

Bia, OSU

Kindly remove your betters in the form of the ND from your rants.

If I should remind you here, my ancestors made good coin as middle men between your Arochukwu slavers that dealt in their own people and your eternal Jewish slave masters.

Remove ND not only from your post but from your OSU tongue forever.

I am original Yoruba man. Don't be stupid. I repeat myself!!
Igbos are third class slaves.
Re: Premier Of The Western Region, Deputy, Governor Were Christians by AntiMahdi: 1:43pm On Jun 12, 2022
joyandfaith:

I am original Yoruba man. Don't be stupid. I repeat myself!!

You are a kike loving OSU

Your posts here defending kikes like JIDF attests to you being an OSU kike loving slave of Judas.

Be gone from here.
Re: Premier Of The Western Region, Deputy, Governor Were Christians by joyandfaith: 1:52pm On Jun 12, 2022
AntiMahdi:

You are a kike loving OSU

Your posts here defending kikes like JIDF attests to you being an OSU kike loving slave of Judas.

Be gone from here.

Mr Conspiracy theory. I have not read about how jews will install next president of Njgeria as part of global agenda.
Don't be stupid. I repeat myself!!
Re: Premier Of The Western Region, Deputy, Governor Were Christians by Vado(m): 1:55pm On Jun 12, 2022
Biodun556:

Ohh please, Ooni of Ife wasn’t an elected official. It’s a monarchy which hasn’t been watered down this much like what we have today. Monarchs were highly involved in colonial governance & administration in those days. The only reasons Muslim representation was scanty in those days was because while the Christians were going to schools, embracing western education, majority of the Muslims in Yorubaland were only concerning themselves with Ile Kewus.

Chief Obafemi Awolowo & Herbert Maucauly were one of the earliest schooled Yorubas involved in the initialization of our pre & post-colonial politics. It had nothing to do with Christianity preferences. They were just the qualified ones. You can’t mention 2-3 influential and highly exposed Muslims in Yorubaland at that timeframe.

Agunyi or Gowon weren’t elected just as Buhari and Idiagbon (both Muslims) also weren’t. Dude stop being irrationally myopic. You sound smart only to a stupid person.

2 Likes

Re: Premier Of The Western Region, Deputy, Governor Were Christians by AntiMahdi: 2:07pm On Jun 12, 2022
joyandfaith:

Mr Conspiracy theory. I have not read about how jews will install next president of Njgeria as part of global agenda.
Don't be stupid. I repeat myself!!

Why did you now edit your OSUs not being slaves comment?

You are not smart.

See your original post below.

OSU eternal slave of Judas.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Adebutu To Yorubas: Let's Not Be Selfish, It's Not Our Turn. Vote Atiku / Breaking: Tinubu To Sign Peace Accord Tomorrow - INEC / Obidients On Facebook Has Abandoned Obi As Court Order For Kanu Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.