Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,520 members, 7,808,896 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:55 PM

When Was The Last Time You Had A Good Balance Diet Meal? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / When Was The Last Time You Had A Good Balance Diet Meal? (21164 Views)

Meal On A Budget For Now Till Salary Enters. Turned Out Just D Way I Like It. / When Was The Last Time You Ate Isi Ewu? / Do Nigerians Still Eat Balance Diet In This Buhari's Govt? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Was The Last Time You Had A Good Balance Diet Meal? by Emma2Seconds: 1:07pm On Jun 13, 2022
I Never Taste Balance Diet Before. Pls How Does It Look like and the taste?¿¿¿¿¿¿¿
Re: When Was The Last Time You Had A Good Balance Diet Meal? by Jaqenhghar: 1:07pm On Jun 13, 2022
DipWire:
Though expensive. I try to eat balanced meal daily. But it's pricey. I spend an average of 1k - 1,200 or 2k sha, when I go for yoghurts, I spend 3k per meal. But I don't joke with my meal balancing.
Una no dey cut una coat according to una size.
See rice and beans with efo and dried fish. Cheap and waay tastier than that yoghurt.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Had A Good Balance Diet Meal? by Bahamas95(m): 1:07pm On Jun 13, 2022
I am very selective when it comes to food, what is balanced diet to you could be my worst food.......I don't like most foods, I eat whatever I feel like eating and can afford at a particular time.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Had A Good Balance Diet Meal? by Eastcoastboy(m): 1:08pm On Jun 13, 2022
eMoney50:

I eat it every day. tongue

You don't need to spend much to get a balance diet.

If you can

1. Eat rice and beans for breakfast.

2. Eat eba and soup for lunch.

And, 3. Eat fried egg and bread for dinner,

You are good to go.

But if you think your earnings are not enough to support your expenses and you have extra time to invest daily, follow the thread below:

https://www.nairaland.com/7175581/get-paid-5-per-task

What's the daily task? Can I mail you?
Re: When Was The Last Time You Had A Good Balance Diet Meal? by RexTramadol1: 1:08pm On Jun 13, 2022
This morning
Re: When Was The Last Time You Had A Good Balance Diet Meal? by Utanisco(m): 1:12pm On Jun 13, 2022
Since buharis emergence
Re: When Was The Last Time You Had A Good Balance Diet Meal? by pansophist(m): 1:16pm On Jun 13, 2022
Eating balance diet is not hard or expensive, you jidt need to know your way around food. So the six balance diet are protein, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins, fibre and water. There are lots of ways you can achieve those without spending much, either eating out.

If I have 1k and want to eat a balance diet, I'll eat wheat, with vegetable soup and fish, with water of course. Wheat contains fibre, carbohydrates and proteins. The vegetable soup contains vitamins and fats, as well as proteins and fats from the the mackerel.

To break it down, protein is found in anything that bleed blood. So you can't get carbohydrates, vitamins, and fibre from animals. So eggs, beef, fish, goat, chicken, just anything with blood will give you protein and fats.

As for carbohydrates, the same rule applies. Anything that grows from the ground will give you carbs, even vegetables. So rice, sugar, beans, yam, fruits, even some vegetables are high in carbs, such as potatoes. If you particularly want to loose weight without going to the gym and kicking yourself with exercise, then reduce eating things that grows from the ground massively.

As for fibre, this one also grow from the ground, but as an attachment to other foods. Beans, wheat, rice foe example all have fibres. Fibre makes you full, it increase satiety and makes you less hungry. So if you're short of cash and don't want to be eating always like a chicken, eat fiber rich foods like beans, wholewheat bread, oats, quinoa and so forth.

As for water, that one is self explanatory. Don't drink soda, it's the most useless and dangerous thing you can put in your body. It has no single nutritional benefits except tasting sweet, increase your blood sugar level, causes diabetes and makes you fat and weak. So please avoid that liquid, water is cheap and healthy.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Had A Good Balance Diet Meal? by rex15: 1:18pm On Jun 13, 2022
Not at all since 29th May 2015.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Had A Good Balance Diet Meal? by Elidrisy20: 1:23pm On Jun 13, 2022
Since oga jona regime embarassed
Re: When Was The Last Time You Had A Good Balance Diet Meal? by MrCover: 1:24pm On Jun 13, 2022
I dey spend 10k dey eat better food
Re: When Was The Last Time You Had A Good Balance Diet Meal? by Elvis778(m): 1:25pm On Jun 13, 2022
sonature1:
Last week cheesy

I ate abacha, ugba, añara, azu, ngo, okproko and akwuko añara in one plate.

Forgive me because I don't know the English names of those condiments. I am not from the United Kingdom
Ugba agworagwo

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Had A Good Balance Diet Meal? by nahzyla: 1:27pm On Jun 13, 2022
I am pregnant and I no see balanced meal eat because no money.

May God help me.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Had A Good Balance Diet Meal? by coputa(m): 1:29pm On Jun 13, 2022
sonature1:
Last week cheesy

I ate abacha, ugba, añara, azu, ngo, okproko and akwuko añara in one plate.

Forgive me because I don't know the English names of those condiments. I am not from the United Kingdom
Igbos has different varieties of food than any ethnic group in Africa
Re: When Was The Last Time You Had A Good Balance Diet Meal? by Cheeryfeet: 1:31pm On Jun 13, 2022
eMoney50:

If you can

You are good to go.

But if you think your earnings are not enough to support your expenses and you have extra time to invest daily, follow the thread below:

Oga your food no balance at all. Calm down
Re: When Was The Last Time You Had A Good Balance Diet Meal? by coputa(m): 1:31pm On Jun 13, 2022
ClassicMan202:
That akward moment when you have small soup left and you decide to make eba and finish the soup ..... Only for you to make one mountian of eba and soup remain small grin
You go pour water put and add small salt na.

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Had A Good Balance Diet Meal? by coputa(m): 1:35pm On Jun 13, 2022
Let your food be your medicine and your medicine be your food. eat what is good for your body
Re: When Was The Last Time You Had A Good Balance Diet Meal? by sonature1: 1:36pm On Jun 13, 2022
iamclime:

That's why the Yorùbá say ọbẹ̀ làwọ̀. Good food definitely has a positive effect on the skin!

The most potent medicine is good food.

If you eat good food, you protect yourself against many diseases
Re: When Was The Last Time You Had A Good Balance Diet Meal? by Gis30(m): 1:37pm On Jun 13, 2022
2015 cry
Re: When Was The Last Time You Had A Good Balance Diet Meal? by article1: 1:39pm On Jun 13, 2022
As for me, it was in 2015 before Gen. Muhammadu Buhari took over the government. grin
Re: When Was The Last Time You Had A Good Balance Diet Meal? by kabanayol9(m): 1:44pm On Jun 13, 2022
Holluwhakemmy:
Longtime ago things are expensive now, we are just managing ourselves
Same here

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Had A Good Balance Diet Meal? by hupo: 1:46pm On Jun 13, 2022
DipWire:
Though expensive. I try to eat balanced meal daily. But it's pricey. I spend an average of 1k - 1,200 or 2k sha, when I go for yoghurts, I spend 3k per meal. But I don't joke with my meal balancing.

Person need to find tea drink first e begin find “Ovatea”
Re: When Was The Last Time You Had A Good Balance Diet Meal? by Chieffoo007: 1:49pm On Jun 13, 2022
2015 before buhari turn president
Re: When Was The Last Time You Had A Good Balance Diet Meal? by Olayetan(m): 1:54pm On Jun 13, 2022
This shit been long o, na so so starchy food man dey consume.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Had A Good Balance Diet Meal? by Munzy14(m): 1:57pm On Jun 13, 2022
Rastaramsey:
I just finish devouring one plate of Mama blessing hot jellof rice, salad and Turkey grin grin grin grin
Right now, I dey balance am with 1 Stick of loud grin
New Jerusalem people...So after 1hr, another hunger go start again.. grin grin

Mr Canadian loud.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Had A Good Balance Diet Meal? by Eastcoastboy(m): 2:08pm On Jun 13, 2022
eMoney50:

No need for private chat due to busy schedule.
cool
Just follow the thread mentioned above to start dinning with the big boys.
wink
No need to involve yourself with bad gang embarassed. [/b]

I didn't see any instruction there.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Had A Good Balance Diet Meal? by T0BY(m): 2:10pm On Jun 13, 2022
For this bubu era, man dey eat anything em see as long as e good for consumption.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Had A Good Balance Diet Meal? by BabaIbo: 2:13pm On Jun 13, 2022
Yesterday(Sunday), I eat that anytime I eat at home but whenever I eat outside, na mostly on "make I just quench hunger" basis.

On these public eateries na on God dia matter dey.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Had A Good Balance Diet Meal? by BabaIbo: 2:15pm On Jun 13, 2022
eMoney50:

If you can

You are good to go.

Is rice and beans and co balanced diet?

Where is the source of vitamin and fibre?
Re: When Was The Last Time You Had A Good Balance Diet Meal? by baralatie(m): 2:18pm On Jun 13, 2022
BabaIbo:

Is rice and beans and co balanced diet?

Where is the source of vitamin and fibre?
The rice is fortified with vitamins
undecided
New product
Beans is proteins
Re: When Was The Last Time You Had A Good Balance Diet Meal? by SamPeeLamen(m): 2:21pm On Jun 13, 2022
The last time I had a balanced diet was sometimes in 2015... Goodluck was still in power.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Prevent Yam Discolouration / How To Make Spicy Isi Ewu: Spiced Goat Head Recipe / Nobody Goes To The Market These Days With A Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.