Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? (32127 Views)

Why Do Most Nigerian Men Change Towards Their Wives After Having Kids / Why Men Will Always Be Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids / Why Do Men Lose Interest In Their Wives After Few Years In Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by Inspirationjb(m): 3:05pm On Jun 13, 2022
DenreleDave:
I still don't get.. Are men built to work and not enjoy?

My first instance: A very popular nairalander loves to show her kids all time which is not bad but she doesn't even mention her husband.....
What baffles me most is this statement; "my money is for me and my kids"...

Does it Mean a wife cannot even treat her husband well too?

I guess this is the main reason some men ignore their wife and kids to enjoy their lives... They know that most kids grow to love their mother..

I don't blame such men.... But I don't hope to have such a wife that have the mentality of my kids and I ALONE?

2ndly, I feel most women are not happy in their marriage which is why all they live for is their kids.. The only reason why most ladies are still under the same roof is because of the kids and their lack of financial resources to stand alone... Most are just having sex, doing mommy and daddy bcoz of the kids but the true essence of marriage between has long dissappeared...

If not, in my own perception, a happily married woman should be proud of her husband. She should happily treat her husband well. She should say wonderful things about her husband.

Marriage dey fear me walahi....
No allow that one fear you. As long as u wake up, that means u are alive enjoyed urself, life is too short
Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by Saintmary(f): 3:05pm On Jun 13, 2022
SoapQueen:

The bond between a mother and a child cannot be broken, even God knew that, and that's why He created every pregnant woman with an umbilical cord.

It doesn't mean that wives love their children more than their husbands, it's just nature.

My 3 month old baby may need my attention, love, and care because he/she can clearly not take care of him/herself but my husband can and will.

Second, motherhood is alot. And Nigerian men are in the habit of over stressing their wives. When a mother has tended to her kids, cleaned the house, shopped at the market, and done the laundry, she has little time left for her man. My sister once told me that she stopped having a full night's sleep the day she became a mother.

Third, you expect me to love a man that cheats or will cheat over my dearly beloved child that I nurtured in my body and brought into this world?

Impossible!!!!

You have no responsibility to love a man who doesn't love you.

Imagine Yul Edochie complaining that May has abandoned him after his mess up, is it not hilarious?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by Saintmary(f): 3:06pm On Jun 13, 2022
JONNYSPUTE:
.....You mentioned me saying rubbish. Pls don't try it next time. I don't do kids.

Why don't you bang your head on the wall,

Go ahead, try it.

1 Like

Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by Amumaigwe: 3:07pm On Jun 13, 2022
olasaad:
I think Infidelity is one of the reasons this happened in most marriages. The moment your wife suspect you of having extra marital affair she will definitely change and the love and affection you are getting from her before will authomatically move to her children.

What if it is the woman that is having extra marital affair, also explain what happened to the love for her husband.
Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by cooltola(m): 3:07pm On Jun 13, 2022
SoapQueen:

The bond between a mother and a child cannot be broken, even God knew that, and that's why He created every pregnant woman with an umbilical cord.

It doesn't mean that wives love their children more than their husbands, it's just nature.

You are so on point

My 3 month old baby may need my attention, love, and care because he/she can clearly not take care of him/herself but my husband can and will.

Second, motherhood is alot. And Nigerian men are in the habit of over stressing their wives. When a mother has tended to her kids, cleaned the house, shopped at the market, and done the laundry, she has little time left for her man. My sister once told me that she stopped having a full night's sleep the day she became a mother.

Third, you expect me to love a man that cheats or will cheat over my dearly beloved child that I nurtured in my body and brought into this world?

Impossible!!!!
Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by olasaad(f): 3:10pm On Jun 13, 2022
Amumaigwe:

What if it is the woman that is having extra marital affair, also explain what happened to the love for her husband.

Well in this case the children's suffered more than the husband.
Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 3:10pm On Jun 13, 2022
pocohantas:

Generally, you are right about this. You can never go wrong with a man who provides and supports. If your woman has to break her back to survive while you are alive and well, resentment would set in. A man who knows his onions should never allow that.
..... Me ma I do enjoy my outing with the kids alone.
I always want them to be missing me whenever I'm not around.

I heard one telling his mum yesterday after we came back that he loves their daddy because he always buy them anything they want but if it's her she will tell them to shut up. I just dey one corner dey laugh. Lol.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by samuel051: 3:10pm On Jun 13, 2022
Someone raised a very valid concern about things happening in the society, didn't mention names but oversabi people started tagging her and she still came to blab too..
Some people can be very senseless and na them Sabi loud pass for this forum.

7 Likes

Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by obynoceaser: 3:14pm On Jun 13, 2022
DenreleDave:

If you had sense, you would know that this is not Abt calling people out...

This is abt what's happening in most marriages..... We are just seeing it here openly but it happens in most.....

And what is rude abt talking abt marital issues

You have time to reply that FOOL

1 Like

Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by DenreleDave(m): 3:14pm On Jun 13, 2022
how na
Saintmary:

You can't eat your cake and have it
Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by Whiteshield: 3:15pm On Jun 13, 2022
samuel051:
Someone raised a very valid concern about things happening in the society, didn't mention names but oversabi people started tagging her and she still came to blab too..

That Ahnie is very very stupid and senseless. If she had an iota of commonsense, she should have sidestepped this thread, but no. Chochocho, she must put mouth and show how stupid she is. Now, her family has become an object of ridicule on the front-page of Africa's largest forum.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by hairyman(m): 3:15pm On Jun 13, 2022
:oReading the comments, I have observed that most men have swallowed the falsehood that children are more attached to their mothers than fathers.

The fact is that children are closer to the parent who gives them the most interesting attention and meet their needs.

I chat with my kids all the time, we talk about everything ranging from who they played with at school, names of classmates, who didn't turn up at school, what they think about aliens, how it feels like to travel in space, how we can get 10 packs (my daughter prefers 10 packs to 6).

I buy them books, talk about the books with them, crack jokes, read them bed time stories.

On top of all of these, I am the dude with the ATM and I use it freely.

Mehn, once I am around, my kids do not remember my wife.

But there is a caveat, my kids know in very clear terms, that I am their father, not their friend.

Men should learn to pay more attention to their kids.
But as for preference for mother's, I can assure you that it is false.

Concerning preference for children by some women, men need to understand that before you marry a woman, you should first investigate thoroughly, the relationship between her parents. If it is possible, go visit with them for a few days and sleep over.

Women and men alike, replicate their parental relationships in their marriages.
Never discount what you experienced in a fiancee's home. NEVER!

Ofcourse there are other reasons. But at the very least, eliminate the above reason.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by Midas01: 3:16pm On Jun 13, 2022
When they start following small girls outside and doing polygamous in nature why should their wives show them love and care ?

4 Likes

Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by pocohantas(f): 3:17pm On Jun 13, 2022
JONNYSPUTE:
..... Me ma I do enjoy my outing with the kids alone.
I always want them to be missing me whenever I'm not around.

I heard one telling his mum yesterday after we came back that he loves their daddy because he always buy them anything they want but if it's her she will tell them to shut up. I just dey one corner dey laugh. Lol.

Hahahaha. But they should shut up kwanu.

Kids are easy to buy over. I have seen many cases of kids that are closer to their dad and while women could be jealous, they don’t go playing the victim, because the man earned it. But once kids are closer to their mum, your gender would start crying. Carry the child? Mba. Teach am assignment? Wahala. They would claim they are busy, but they always have time for side-chick and beer parlour.

11 Likes

Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by Iphone5: 3:17pm On Jun 13, 2022
samuel051:

Exactly, e dey pain me say some people wey i think say dey sensible for this forum are just Senseless

1 Like

Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by sameoldguy: 3:18pm On Jun 13, 2022
hairyman:
Reading the comments, I have observed that most men have swallowed the falsehood that children are more attached to their mothers than fathers.

The fact is that children are closer to the parent who gives them the most interesting attention and meet their needs.

I chat with my kids all the time, we talk about everything ranging from who they played with at school, names of classmates, who didn't turn up at school, what they think about aliens, how it feels like to travel in space, how we can get 10 packs (my daughter prefers 10 packs to 6).

I buy them books, talk about the books with them, crack jokes, read them bed time stories.

On top of all of these, I am the dude with the ATM and I use it freely.

Mehn, once I am around, my kids do not remember my wife.

But there is a caveat, my kids know in very clear terms, that I am their father, not their friend.

Men should learn to pay more attention to their kids.
But as for preference for mother's, I can assure you that it is false.

If you like play with them from now till the end of the year, they’ll still prefer their mother to you cos the society have made them believe that women/mothers love the kids more

1 Like

Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by Amumaigwe: 3:21pm On Jun 13, 2022
pozehnani:

Nope I won't leave her out cos I'm using her as a case study here for you to judge the general issue and Know why it's like that.

It's a lie. Men have side chick because it's in their nature to cheat and not because their spouse didn't give them a treat. Don't try to justify that act.

Harsh. What advise do you have for men that their wives give sex very sparingly like once in a month so we after having lol her children?

Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by Hassanmaye(m): 3:22pm On Jun 13, 2022
DenreleDave:
I still don't get.. Are men built to work and not enjoy?

My first instance: A very popular nairalander loves to show her kids all time which is not bad but she doesn't even mention her husband.....
What baffles me most is this statement; "my money is for me and my kids"...

Does it Mean a wife cannot even treat her husband well too?

I guess this is the main reason some men ignore their wife and kids to enjoy their lives... They know that most kids grow to love their mother..

I don't blame such men.... But I don't hope to have such a wife that have the mentality of my kids and I ALONE?

2ndly, I feel most women are not happy in their marriage which is why all they live for is their kids.. The only reason why most ladies are still under the same roof is because of the kids and their lack of financial resources to stand alone... Most are just having sex, doing mommy and daddy bcoz of the kids but the true essence of marriage between has long dissappeared...

If not, in my own perception, a happily married woman should be proud of her husband. She should happily treat her husband well. She should say wonderful things about her husband.

Marriage dey fear me walahi....
What should she work again since she has tired down the slave?? Before marriage they worship the ground you work on but after the deal is done she turned jazebl

1 Like

Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 3:22pm On Jun 13, 2022
Beremx:
that Dude is sick. You tackled him well
Thanks Beremx... he's so childish.. how's ya health now?
Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by Khayordhe: 3:22pm On Jun 13, 2022
Vawulence everywhere... grin

Last time I checked, the op no add any sobriquet to hin post.. the attack was unnecessary
Moh una dey calm down o, he raised a vital question, many homes have been broken because of this shii, u see men embarking on an extra marital journey and dey don't return.... wife shifting attention to their children, no be today wey e dey happen nah...

Well, as for me, i will advice husband to date their wife again. u know how it all bagan, why u no kuku playback dose memorable event u once had and see how it goes...
Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by coputa(m): 3:24pm On Jun 13, 2022
DenreleDave:

If you had sense, you would know that this is not Abt calling people out...

This is abt what's happening in most marriages..... We are just seeing it here openly but it happens in most.....

And what is rude abt talking abt marital issues
Shut up your maggot infested mouth,merely seeing the pix of someone hanging out with her kids means that she's single or she had marital issues.Do you know you may hurt her emotional sensibilities by this brutish act,you lack diplomacy in presenting issues.your view of things and situations are myopic.i suspects you are a tennager.
Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by Hassanmaye(m): 3:24pm On Jun 13, 2022
olasaad:
I think Infidelity is one of the reasons this happened in most marriages. The moment your wife suspect you of having extra marital affair she will definitely change and the love and affection you are getting from her before will authomatically move to her children.
Lies from the pit of hell

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by Godoverevery: 3:25pm On Jun 13, 2022
Margy:

This is the answer!.. when I wife notices her husband flirts, engages in extra marital affair..take it or leave, her love automatically shifts to the kids!...
No woman ,I repeat No woman whose husband is faithful to her and shares all emotions with her will ever show love to only the kids...impossible
Speak for yourself alone oo.....you are vouching for human beings.
Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by hairyman(m): 3:26pm On Jun 13, 2022
sameoldguy:

If you like play with them from now till the end of the year, they’ll still prefer their mother to you cos the society have made them believe that women/mothers love the kids more

But which society are you referring to? You are the society your kid is molded after. You the parent has the greatest influence on your kids.
It is much later that he starts picking up the influence of outsiders.
I certainly don't care more about my mother than my father. I am in this society.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by samuel051: 3:26pm On Jun 13, 2022
Iphone5:

Exactly, e dey pain me say some people wey i think say dey sensible for this forum are just Senseless
honestly, I was enjoying the thread because that's exactly what I'm facing in my house.. once there is money to throw around, that's when I'm recognized.. became angry when they mentioned her and she violently showed up as if op mentioned her name. #disappointed
Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by Amumaigwe: 3:26pm On Jun 13, 2022
Margy:

This is the answer!.. when I wife notices her husband flirts, engages in extra marital affair..take it or leave, her love automatically shifts to the kids!...
No woman ,I repeat No woman whose husband is faithful to her and shares all emotions with her will ever show love to only the kids...impossible

You must be single. This discussion seems way beyond your pay grade. At best, read comments from married men and take notes rather than talking with finality on a matter you know almost nothing about

1 Like

Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by Beremx(f): 3:26pm On Jun 13, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Thanks Beremx... he's so childish.. how's ya health now?
I am okay now sis. Thanks cool kiss
Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 3:27pm On Jun 13, 2022
pocohantas:

Hahahaha. But they should shut up kwanu.

Kids are easy to buy over. I have seen many cases of kids that are closer to their dad and while women could be jealous, they don’t go playing the victim, because the man earned it. But once kids are closer to their mum, your gender would start crying. Carry the child? Mba. Teach am assignment? Wahala. They would claim they are busy, but they always have time for side-chick and beer parlour.
..... Lol. You got it right. They are very easy to buy over and iy makes them to cling more on the side of whomever that is very close to them. Don't be surprised that it can even be the househelp in some cases.
So I don't believe that they love their mothers more although she is the one that is usually with them but we men should do better and bring out time for our kids.

I'm always happy whenever I have time to do school runs and even the kids will be like,I want daddy to come and pick us because he will buy ice cream for us.

Let's learn to do our job and stop complaining but the issue of my money is for just me and my kids is not a very nice statement.

1 Like

Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by toujurs: 3:27pm On Jun 13, 2022
DenreleDave:

Oboy I am bother... There is no way jealously wunt set in..

Some men have vow to. Enjoy their lives irrespective of how their family are.... Bcox most bliv the kids are more wired to their mother than the father even after all..

As a man, e no easy and to top it all...

My husband money is for us while my money is for my children and I alone..

hmm you haven't seen anything yet, any ways women have different personalities so i won't classify all women as the same. But trust me.most women of out there are very selfish. When i mean selfish like its a follow come character. You can't change it. As a man you need to open your eyes very well before you make up your mind to marry a lady.

A lady who was trained in the university, so she can take care of her self. Some ladies would tell you, your money is our money, while her money is her money.

Most women out there, love conditionally and expect an unconditional love from their husband. No be juju be that shocked

1 Like

Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by samuel051: 3:28pm On Jun 13, 2022
Whiteshield:

That Ahnie is very very stupid and senseless. If she had an iota of commonsense, she should have sidestepped this thread, but no. Chochocho, she must put mouth and show how stupid she is. Now, her family has become an object of ridicule on the front-page of Africa's largest forum.
Honestly.. she should have just ignored because her name wasn't mentioned.. The day anyone brings their family to the public, the person has indirectly given people right to speak anything about them. But since no name was mentioned by the op, she should have passed.

1 Like

Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 3:28pm On Jun 13, 2022
Beremx:
I am okay now sis. Thanks cool kiss
Good to hear that..take care of yaself Beremx and enjoy.. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by DenreleDave(m): 3:29pm On Jun 13, 2022
coputa:
Shut up your maggot infested mouth,merely seeing the pix of someone hanging out with her kids means that she's single or she had marital issues.Do you know you may hurt her emotional sensibilities by this brutish act,you lack diplomacy in presenting issues.your view of things and situations are myopic.i suspects you are a tennager.

CALM DOWN MAGGOT

I AM TALKING ABOUT SOMETHING GENERAL.. HERS WAS JUST A COINCIDENCE

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Should Working Wives Share Household Expenses With Their Husbands? / Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House / Husband Forced To Marry Wife’s Corpse In Ebonyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.