Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,359 members, 7,780,980 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:47 AM

Why Do People Alwys Tink U Settled 4 A Short Man because U Have No Choice? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do People Alwys Tink U Settled 4 A Short Man because U Have No Choice? (1575 Views)

Lady Loses Interest In A Young Man Because He Doesn't Smoke Or Drink / I Can Never Date A Short Man, I need Tall, Fair, handsome Rich Guy - Slay Queen / Struggles Of Dating A Short Man - Meme Collection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Alwys Tink U Settled 4 A Short Man because U Have No Choice? by pozehnani(f): 9:03am On Jun 13, 2022
You know.....when you're that hot chick that has turned down so many men in your area and work place, there's this high expectations from everyone to see the kind of guy you would end up with. Some will even tell you to your face.

Now, if it happens that you end up with someone not up to society standards for a partner or what he should look like, say... a short man for instance ( considering the way society see them), then there's a problem and you'll hear things like, "after all the shakara, see the short man she married."

Or

They'll say "Maybe no normal man is coming for her again, so she has no choice but to settle for anything". These are the kind of remarks you get to hear at such times.

One was like, for someone her height and Class we didn't expect anything less but alas all that forming was nothing.

So, I begin to Wonder. Are short people of low standard or not considered fit for good things just because they are short? Or is there something missing with them?

Don't they deserve better like every other person? Im baffled and I want to know.

Any lady here dating a short guy?
What has your experience been like?
Are you missing out on any action?

What are the cons of being with a short guy?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Alwys Tink U Settled 4 A Short Man because U Have No Choice? by rickpat(m): 9:14am On Jun 13, 2022
a short guy is a guy below 5ft5"....now most very beautiful women end up with a man not as cute ..cus the lady always worries that if she goes for a cute man the man will be getting so much attention from women just the way she gets from men ..so it's more of a psychological thing.

no matter the man/woman ones settles for...it should be more of your happiness,the way you connect etc...not looks...it's not even 100% that two short people must have short kids .. one or the two of them may have Gene for good height thereby having tall kids or average height kids.... whichever way, it's your life.. you don't marry for the public but for yourself

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Alwys Tink U Settled 4 A Short Man because U Have No Choice? by pozehnani(f): 9:18am On Jun 13, 2022
rickpat:
a short guy is a guy below 5ft5"....now most very beautiful women end up with a man not as cute ..cus the lady always worries that if she goes for a cute man the man will be getting so much attention from women just the way she gets from men ..so it's more of a psychological thing.

no matter the man/woman ones settles for...it should be more of your happiness,the way you connect etc...not looks...it's not even 100% that two short people must have short kids .. one or the two of them may have Gene for good height thereby having tall kids or average height kids.... whichever way, it's your life.. you don't marry for the public but for yourself

Aptly put. I like this.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Alwys Tink U Settled 4 A Short Man because U Have No Choice? by ItsGoodToBeGood: 9:19am On Jun 13, 2022
If not jealousy, I don't see why they should be bothered. It's your marriage not theirs.

Them dey jealous the short man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Alwys Tink U Settled 4 A Short Man because U Have No Choice? by PerfectStranger(m): 9:22am On Jun 13, 2022
No probs in dating a short person, na their plenty wahala people dey fear grin
Re: Why Do People Alwys Tink U Settled 4 A Short Man because U Have No Choice? by Haynnie: 9:29am On Jun 13, 2022
pozehnani:
You know.....when you're that hot chick that has turned down so many men in your area and work place, there's this high expectations from everyone to see the kind of guy you would end up with. Some will even tell you to your face.

Now, if it happens that you end up with someone not up to society standards for a partner or what he should look like, say... a short man for instance ( considering the way society see them), then there's a problem and you'll hear things like, "after all the shakara, see the short man she married."

Or

They'll say "Maybe no normal man is coming for her again, so she has no choice but to settle for anything". These are the kind of remarks you get to hear at such times.

One was like, for someone her height and Class we didn't expect anything less but alas all that forming was nothing.

So, I begin to Wonder. Are short people of low standard or not considered fit for good things just because they are short? Or is there something missing with them?

Don't they deserve better like every other person? Im baffled and I want to know.

Any lady here dating a short guy?
What has your experience been like?
Are you missing out on any action?

What are the cons of being with a short guy?

Society considers short men below standard but would give credit to fat women. Men would give reasons why they love their women short but women would batch short men for being short. I dunno their problems sef! undecided
Re: Why Do People Alwys Tink U Settled 4 A Short Man because U Have No Choice? by pozehnani(f): 9:31am On Jun 13, 2022
ItsGoodToBeGood:
If not jealousy, I don't see why they should be bothered. It's your marriage not theirs.

Them dey jealous the short man.

Oh.. really. Let me believe you.

PerfectStranger:
No probs in dating a short person, na their plenty wahala people dey fear grin
Wow really? Tell about it.

Do they really give their woman trouble?
Re: Why Do People Alwys Tink U Settled 4 A Short Man because U Have No Choice? by pozehnani(f): 9:33am On Jun 13, 2022
Haynnie:

Society considers short men below standard but would give credit to fat women. Men would give reasons why they love their women short but women would batch short men for being short. I dunno their problems sef! undecided

Exactly.
Are you talking from experience though?
Re: Why Do People Alwys Tink U Settled 4 A Short Man because U Have No Choice? by PerfectStranger(m): 9:34am On Jun 13, 2022
pozehnani:

Oh.. really. Let me believe you.

Wow really? Tell about it.

Do they really give their woman trouble?
Are you dating a short man? You scared? Lol

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Alwys Tink U Settled 4 A Short Man because U Have No Choice? by Haynnie: 10:14am On Jun 13, 2022
pozehnani:

Exactly.
Are you talking from experience though?

Yeah, I was mistaken for being short when I'm average in height. It still didn't bother me cus I was confident to talk back at any woman who sees me as a short person.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Alwys Tink U Settled 4 A Short Man because U Have No Choice? by pozehnani(f): 10:15am On Jun 13, 2022
Haynnie:

Yeah, I was mistaken for being short when I'm average in height. It still didn't bother me cus I was confident to talk back at any woman who sees me as a short person.

Oh... Ok.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Alwys Tink U Settled 4 A Short Man because U Have No Choice? by Haynnie: 10:20am On Jun 13, 2022
pozehnani:

Oh... Ok.

Most of the ladies who told me I was short, I was taller than them and still they couldn't resist me cus of my personality. Everything requires standards and principles! grin

Women should know how this works instead of complaining and seeking for whatnot.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Alwys Tink U Settled 4 A Short Man because U Have No Choice? by pozehnani(f): 10:54am On Jun 13, 2022
Haynnie:

Most of the ladies who told me I was short, I was taller than them and still they couldn't resist me cus of my personality. Everything requires standards and principles! grin

Women should know how this works instead of complaining and seeking for whatnot.

Lol... You guys know how to hype yourselves?.
Anyways, no biggies.
Re: Why Do People Alwys Tink U Settled 4 A Short Man because U Have No Choice? by Haynnie: 8:05pm On Jun 13, 2022
pozehnani:

Lol... You guys know how to hype yourselves?.
Anyways, no biggies.

Not how u see it. If I’m not capable I’ll tell my limit
Re: Why Do People Alwys Tink U Settled 4 A Short Man because U Have No Choice? by pozehnani(f): 8:18pm On Jun 13, 2022
Haynnie:

Not how u see it. If I’m not capable I’ll tell my limit

Ok.
Re: Why Do People Alwys Tink U Settled 4 A Short Man because U Have No Choice? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jun 13, 2022
I am short and my woman is proud of me as I am of myself... So no biggie.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Alwys Tink U Settled 4 A Short Man because U Have No Choice? by pozehnani(f): 9:36pm On Jun 13, 2022
Leebliss13:
I am short and my woman is proud of me as I am of myself... So no biggie.

Ok.

Can you carry your woman when playing?
I see this as a challenge for short guys.
Re: Why Do People Alwys Tink U Settled 4 A Short Man because U Have No Choice? by 4teenblaq: 10:35pm On Jun 13, 2022
Short guys are always full of themselves.

Example me.
I am short and proud. grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Alwys Tink U Settled 4 A Short Man because U Have No Choice? by 4teenblaq: 10:38pm On Jun 13, 2022
pozehnani:

Ok.

I had stayed with a girl, we were just friends tho. She is taller than me.. Or let me say I am shorter than her, I am used to carrying her well in the room or some public places like I have backed her once a like a baby in a pub.
Re: Why Do People Alwys Tink U Settled 4 A Short Man because U Have No Choice? by pozehnani(f): 4:42am On Jun 14, 2022
4teenblaq:

I had stayed with a girl, we were just friends tho. She is taller than me.. Or let me say I am shorter than her, I am used to carrying her well in the room or some public places like I have backed her once a like a baby in a pub.

Oh.. interesting.

Cool.
Re: Why Do People Alwys Tink U Settled 4 A Short Man because U Have No Choice? by Tregmas: 5:18am On Jun 14, 2022
rickpat:

you said it all
Re: Why Do People Alwys Tink U Settled 4 A Short Man because U Have No Choice? by Sekoni003(m): 6:16am On Jun 14, 2022
Why care about what people have to say hmnnn? As long as the chemistry and connection is great then do your thing, people are gonna talk anyways. I'm 5'9 and I remember when I was dating a 6ft3 lady, she was initially concerned if it wasn't gonna be awkward. Well, my confidence rubbed off on her and we'd walk into any place like we owned it, regardless of the stares and whispers grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Alwys Tink U Settled 4 A Short Man because U Have No Choice? by Nobody: 9:24am On Jun 14, 2022
pozehnani:

Ok.

yes, I can.... gallantly!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Alwys Tink U Settled 4 A Short Man because U Have No Choice? by siofra(f): 9:45am On Jun 14, 2022
Even ugly men too.

They'll always think you settled.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Alwys Tink U Settled 4 A Short Man because U Have No Choice? by pozehnani(f): 9:52pm On Jun 14, 2022
Sekoni003:
Why care about what people have to say hmnnn? As long as the chemistry and connection is great then do your thing, people are gonna talk anyways. I'm 5'9 and I remember when I was dating a 6ft3 lady, she was initially concerned if it wasn't gonna be awkward. Well, my confidence rubbed off on her and we'd walk into any place like we owned it, regardless of the stares and whispers grin

Wow . Cool!
Re: Why Do People Alwys Tink U Settled 4 A Short Man because U Have No Choice? by pozehnani(f): 9:53pm On Jun 14, 2022
siofra:
Even ugly men too.

They'll always think you settled.

Abi o. grin
Re: Why Do People Alwys Tink U Settled 4 A Short Man because U Have No Choice? by ray501(m): 1:36pm On Jun 15, 2022
One thing i know for sure is that short people are very caring
Re: Why Do People Alwys Tink U Settled 4 A Short Man because U Have No Choice? by Whazar(m): 1:56pm On Jun 15, 2022
But nah the truth now
An average Nigerian girl only settles with short,bald, and other kind of men who are not really the standard of the society when they no longer get attention and enough suitors. The only exception this could happen while still getting attention from men is if he’s stinky rich
Re: Why Do People Alwys Tink U Settled 4 A Short Man because U Have No Choice? by pozehnani(f): 6:45pm On Jun 15, 2022
Whazar:
But nah the truth now
An average Nigerian girl only settles with short,bald, and other kind of men who are not really the standard of the society when they no longer get attention and enough suitors. The only exception this could happen while still getting attention from men is if he’s stinky rich

You think so?

Not always the case.

(1) (Reply)

How Did You Solve Severe Headache During Sex / Men, Beware - Married Women Too Now Have Sex With Dogs. / the heart that seeks love.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.