Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,527 members, 7,808,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

My Laptop Keeps Saying Plugged In And Won't Charge - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Laptop Keeps Saying Plugged In And Won't Charge (462 Views)

Hp 8440p ELITEBOOK Laptop Plugged In Not Charging / Plugged In Not Charging / My Laptop Is Saying(charger Plugged In Not Charging) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Laptop Keeps Saying Plugged In And Won't Charge by olabisi99(f): 2:33pm On Jun 13, 2022
So, I have been using the laptop for up to 10months now, and it was not like that when I just bought it. But recently I noticed that when I charge it, it won't charge it will just be saying plugged in until after so many attempts of removing the charger and putting it back then it will start charging and it's been really frustrating. I checked the specifications of the charger(it's a Dell laptop) online and it matched with the battery of the laptop so I don't know how I can combat this issue. Anyone with a similar experience and also the battery doesn't ev n last like when I just bought it. Meanwhile it is a not a tear rubber laptop oo it is London used. Then also, I noticed that ink will just form at any spot of the laptop and it will keep on spreading, also like three days ago I noticed another ink at another spot again and I'm always careful with it I don't know how all these came about.... Even some buttons on the keyboard is not working.... To say I regret buying the laptop is an understatement to be honest but there is nothing I can do now than you keep repairing it all the time. This is a laptop that is not even up to a year since I stated using it. Every suggestion will be appreciated.
Re: My Laptop Keeps Saying Plugged In And Won't Charge by sanny1(m): 2:55pm On Jun 13, 2022
Use another charger if pessist try replacing the battery

1 Like

Re: My Laptop Keeps Saying Plugged In And Won't Charge by Zonex1(m): 3:06pm On Jun 13, 2022
Change battery

1 Like

Re: My Laptop Keeps Saying Plugged In And Won't Charge by care4you: 3:13pm On Jun 13, 2022
The motherboard is dusty or rusty...

2 Likes

Re: My Laptop Keeps Saying Plugged In And Won't Charge by Veiniously: 3:43pm On Jun 13, 2022
Your battery is bad change it
I have experienced this too

1 Like

Re: My Laptop Keeps Saying Plugged In And Won't Charge by Chrisnrld: 6:08pm On Jun 13, 2022
Veiniously:
Your battery is bad change it
I have experienced this too
can a laptop battery be up to 8k

1 Like

Re: My Laptop Keeps Saying Plugged In And Won't Charge by majesticguy: 6:23pm On Jun 13, 2022
Wahalla no day finish. With all the problem the laptop has, it's obvious they sold you a dead laptop. Las Las, the money you might spend in fixing all the issues the laptop have & would still have would be so much that it'd be better for you to dash or sell it of as scrap.

1 Like

Re: My Laptop Keeps Saying Plugged In And Won't Charge by Udemzy05: 8:07pm On Jun 13, 2022
majesticguy:
Wahalla no day finish. With all the problem the laptop has, it's obvious they sold you a dead laptop. Las Las, the money you might spend in fixing all the issues the laptop have & would still have would be so much that it'd be better for you to dash or sell it of as scrap.

Why jump into a conclusion?

She has been using it for 10 months before now, even if you buy a brand-new laptop it doesn't mean it won't develop fault even on the first week of using it , that's why there is a warranty.

In fact is you're not lucky and you take the new laptop to service center,they can even tell you that laptop is not from this region and so warranty doesn't cover it and you're left with either paying for the fix or taking it to a laptop technician for repair.

OP
I hope you don't usually place object on your laptop or keep it in a bag filled with other stuffs.
I don't know the model of Dell you're using but if it uses a paper screen,this type of screen is fragile and can easily develop black spot issue if not handle with care.

For the keyboard,you have to replace it, there's no need to regret buying the laptop unless it has been giving you issues from the first day you bought.

For that charging issue,try using another charger.

2 Likes

Re: My Laptop Keeps Saying Plugged In And Won't Charge by Veiniously: 8:52pm On Jun 13, 2022
Chrisnrld:
can a laptop battery be up to 8k
original dell laptop battery is from 13k upward...... Anything below that is fake believe me.
Re: My Laptop Keeps Saying Plugged In And Won't Charge by olabisi99(f): 6:53am On Jun 14, 2022
sanny1:
Use another charger if pessist try replacing the battery
I'll try this.... Thank you
Re: My Laptop Keeps Saying Plugged In And Won't Charge by olabisi99(f): 6:54am On Jun 14, 2022
care4you:
The motherboard is dusty or rusty...

How do I try to solve this problem if that is the case
Re: My Laptop Keeps Saying Plugged In And Won't Charge by olabisi99(f): 7:01am On Jun 14, 2022
Udemzy05:

Why jump into a conclusion?

She has been using it for 10 months before now, even if you buy a brand-new laptop it doesn't mean it won't develop fault even on the first week of using it , that's why there is a warranty.

In fact is you're not lucky and you take the new laptop to service center,they can even tell you that laptop is not from this region and so warranty doesn't cover it and you're left with either paying for the fix or taking it to a laptop technician for repair.

OP
I hope you don't usually place object on your laptop or keep it in a bag filled with other stuffs.
I don't know the model of Dell you're using but if it uses a paper screen,this type of screen is fragile and can easily develop black spot issue if not handle with care.

For the keyboard,you have to replace it, there's no need to regret buying the laptop unless it has been giving you issues from the first day you bought.

For that charging issue,try using another charger.
Thank you. I was told I'll have to replace the keyboard as you have said. I only put the charger with the laptop in the bag and I'm always careful with it. Thanks for your contribution.

1 Like

Re: My Laptop Keeps Saying Plugged In And Won't Charge by care4you: 7:14am On Jun 14, 2022
olabisi99:

How do I try to solve this problem if that is the case

Technician can help you fix it
Re: My Laptop Keeps Saying Plugged In And Won't Charge by chachanga: 11:34am On Jun 14, 2022
My little advice

Fix it, sell it, get as far as you can from the low-end old Gen refurbished Dell laptops been shipped to Nigerian markets. Most would almost have outlived their best years in between being in use here and being on the shelf there.

You buy and only enjoy for a while before it would start sneezing and coughing till it finally dies in your hands.

Dell makes damn good laptops but HP should serve you better on laptops with great 2nd Hand value.
Re: My Laptop Keeps Saying Plugged In And Won't Charge by Nigeriaiscasted: 12:25pm On Jun 14, 2022
chachanga:
My little advice

Fix it, sell it, get as far as you can from the low-end old Gen refurbished Dell laptops been shipped to Nigerian markets. Most would almost have outlived their best years in between being in use here and being on the shelf there.

You buy and only enjoy for a while before it would start sneezing and coughing till it finally dies in your hands.

Dell makes damn good laptops but HP should serve you better on laptops with great 2nd Hand value.

Are you saying HP has second hand value than dell?

Okay I want to know your opinion because your comments always interest me and my cousin here, which of this has second hand value if purchased

Dell E6430 i7 and hp folio both 256 ssd
Re: My Laptop Keeps Saying Plugged In And Won't Charge by Nigeriaiscasted: 12:26pm On Jun 14, 2022
chachanga:
My little advice

Daddy come here oo your children are waiting sir!!
Re: My Laptop Keeps Saying Plugged In And Won't Charge by Dazai(m): 7:25pm On Jun 15, 2022
I have gaming hp pavilion laptop, I was facing the issue too mostly when I am playing games, it shows plugged in not charging. My friend who does tech work said I should stop using it to charge my phone anymore(I do use it to charge my phone). It works perfectly now, and also if you keep facing the issue you would need to change battery.Then what I did was let the laptop drain till 0% and plug it. Hope this helps and also been using it for 11 months now.
Re: My Laptop Keeps Saying Plugged In And Won't Charge by fiyahe(m): 2:28pm On Jun 30, 2022
Dazai:
I have gaming hp pavilion laptop, I was facing the issue too mostly when I am playing games, it shows plugged in not charging. My friend who does tech work said I should stop using it to charge my phone anymore(I do use it to charge my phone). It works perfectly now, and also if you keep facing the issue you would need to change battery.Then what I did was let the laptop drain till 0% and plug it. Hope this helps and also been using it for 11 months now.

same here. working on the motherboard. hope it works

(1) (Reply)

Quick Sale!!! Macbook Air 2017 For Sale / Who Has Laptop To Sell And Accepts Installmental Payment? 40k Down / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.