Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,819 members, 7,802,620 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

How A Man Was Abused And Disgraced At Warri Train Station By Nigerian Officials. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How A Man Was Abused And Disgraced At Warri Train Station By Nigerian Officials. (1176 Views)

4 One Chance Robbers Were Caught Beaten, And Disgraced (videos/pictures) / Fake Alert Scammer Caught And Disgraced By Angry Youths In Delta State (pics) / Female Thief Caught And Disgraced In Ijebu Ode, Ogun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Man Was Abused And Disgraced At Warri Train Station By Nigerian Officials. by Hannania(m): 7:35am On Jun 14, 2022
"The most embarrassing moment in my life"

On Thursday 9th, June 2022, i had to travel to Warri with my son to see my mother who was involved in an accident and see how she was doing. Done with the visit, i had to return back to Minna on Sunday 12th, June by train. Got to Ujevwu (Warri) train Station with my younger brother who also visited from Abuja. After dropping us, he went back home with the car while i and my son entered the train. I brought out my iPad and discovered i forgot my charger at home. So, i decided to go outside and see if i can get one before the train takes off, that was where trouble started.

As i got outside, i did not see any of such things being sold except food, drinks, facemask/handkerchiefs and some POS vendors. I had to return some calls i missed. As i was making the calls, i started noticing some odd things, i will mention them shortly, that caught my attention.

As passengers got to the train station, policemen, Civil defence, those on coloured jackets vest and some others who look like staff of Nigeria Railway Cooperation taking the passengers to a corner. They take them straight to the train without booking for ticket. I was hearing a staff shouting that passengers should go and book for their tickets. The ticketing officers were also calling passengers to book for their tickets. But all calls fell on deaf ears as it clearly shows a "Cartel" of ticket racketeering.
I brought out my phone to snap and make some videos for reference purpose. As i was doing so, one of the staffs and two security personnel of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, NSCDC) came to me and asked me to give them my phone. I asked if there was any problem. One of them asked me why was i snapping them? I should delete everything. I said its okay. As i deleted two, one of them said where is the video? As i was trying to scroll my phone, one of them grabbed my phone but i held tight to it. They started shouting, i should give them the phone, they tore my shirt, held my trouser, started dragging me with my trouser till my belt cut, slapped me, i was asking them what did i do? By now, others have joined in dragging me to the train. One of the Civil defence guys raised his gun as if to hit me and i asked him, what is my offence? They threatened to drop me off at their head office in Agbor to make statement. That i am a terrorist, they will take me to area commander and so on. I was looking at them and told them i did not steal, i did not kill, i did not fight them, i only snapped and made a video. If they see it as a crime, they should ask me to delete it and not slapping and treating me like a criminal. They took my phone from me.

They led me to one of the couches that was empty and asked me to sit down close to somebody who they called captain. They said i was not a passenger and repeated i was a terrorist. They demanded for my receipt, i gave it to them and told them my son is waiting for me where was allocated to us. One of them who looks intelligent and felt bad with the way i was treated, went to bring my son who saw me and started crying wondering what must have happened to his father. This is very unfortunate. The captain now asked me what happened, I explained to him and he said don't I know it's a crime to snap or video a public property without permission? I said I don't know. He asked me where do I work? I said I lecture at the Federal University of Technology, Minna, he checked my ID card and became worried. He called the one with my phone and told him they should resolve the matter amicably since I have identified myself. The one with my phone who I heard called Ibrahim and another one called Moses, kept boasting they will report the matter in Agbor so their oga will know they are working. I and my son were there till they got to Agbor. He came to me, asked me to delete all the photos and videos, and then one of them said I should write a statement. But the captain said no need. It was a HORRIFIC experience. Unfortunately, none of them had a name tag on them, but I recognize them.

I am giving these details so that Nigerians and the management of NRC should know about the rots in Ujevwu/Warri train station and take the necessary action. Serious ticket racketeering. It is a shame and very painful. I felt it, because if not that my son being with me I would have followed them to any length.

What I have written above can be investigated. It's a shame that a noble train project like this can be so corrupted. Sometimes, I wonder how some Nigerians behave. These are the same people that will accuse and abuse those in Govt.

Please push to front page

Cc: lalasticala

1 Like

Re: How A Man Was Abused And Disgraced At Warri Train Station By Nigerian Officials. by fulaniHERDSman(m): 7:44am On Jun 14, 2022
The people must be punished.
Re: How A Man Was Abused And Disgraced At Warri Train Station By Nigerian Officials. by Hannania(m): 7:50am On Jun 14, 2022
fulaniHERDSman:
The people must be punished.
Sadly, they might get away with it.
Re: How A Man Was Abused And Disgraced At Warri Train Station By Nigerian Officials. by feeloscar(m): 7:55am On Jun 14, 2022
This is how bad everything in Nigeria has become, and it will not get better any time soon. Take heart as per all you went through.
Re: How A Man Was Abused And Disgraced At Warri Train Station By Nigerian Officials. by Lastbornbuns: 9:38am On Jun 14, 2022
Hannania:
Sadly, they might get away with it.
They've already gotten away with it. Corruption is endemic in this country.
The man shouldn't have agreed to delete the photos initially. That's what gave those officials morale to harass him. "Madness" is the most effective way... as long as its bright out o and plenty people are there. Or making the video in a coded manner not with flash on and loud voice-over (if that's what he was doing).

1 Like

Re: How A Man Was Abused And Disgraced At Warri Train Station By Nigerian Officials. by Hannania(m): 11:50am On Jun 14, 2022
Lastbornbuns:

The man shouldn't have agreed to delete the photos initially. That's what gave those officials morale to harass him. "Madness" is the most effective way... as long as its bright out o and plenty people are there. Or making the video in a coded manner not with flash on and loud voice-over (if that's what he was doing).
well, if he didn't, they'll force him to, or even shoot him. Then frame him as a terrorist as they claim. The atrocities Nigerian Security forces can carry out, is beyond imaginable.
Re: How A Man Was Abused And Disgraced At Warri Train Station By Nigerian Officials. by Thomthom(m): 1:40pm On Jun 14, 2022
[b][/b][color=#990000][/color]"It's a shame that a noble train project like this can be so corrupted. Sometimes, I wonder how some Nigerians behave. These are the same people that will accuse and abuse those in Govt."
Nigeria is corrupt in all sector not only on train
Re: How A Man Was Abused And Disgraced At Warri Train Station By Nigerian Officials. by Daum: 4:01pm On Jun 14, 2022
Hannania:

On Thursday 9th, June 2022, i had to travel to Warri with my son to see my mother who was involved in an accident and see how she was doing. Done with the visit, i had to return back to Minna on Sunday 12th, June by train. Got to Ujevwu (Warri) train Station with my younger brother who also visited from Abuja. After dropping us, he went back home with the car while i and my son entered the train. I brought out my iPad and discovered i forgot my charger at home. So, i decided to go outside and see if i can get one before the train takes off, that was where trouble started.

As i got outside, i did not see any of such things being sold except food, drinks, facemask/handkerchiefs and some POS vendors. I had to return some calls i missed. As i was making the calls, i started noticing some odd things, i will mention them shortly, that caught my attention.

As passengers got to the train station, policemen, Civil defence, those on coloured jackets vest and some others who look like staff of Nigeria Railway Cooperation taking the passengers to a corner. They take them straight to the train without booking for ticket. I was hearing a staff shouting that passengers should go and book for their tickets. The ticketing officers were also calling passengers to book for their tickets. But all calls fell on deaf ears as it clearly shows a "Cartel" of ticket racketeering.
I brought out my phone to snap and make some videos for reference purpose. As i was doing so, one of the staffs and two security personnel of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, NSCDC) came to me and asked me to give them my phone. I asked if there was any problem. One of them asked me why was i snapping them? I should delete everything. I said its okay. As i deleted two, one of them said where is the video? As i was trying to scroll my phone, one of them grabbed my phone but i held tight to it. They started shouting, i should give them the phone, they tore my shirt, held my trouser, started dragging me with my trouser till my belt cut, slapped me, i was asking them what did i do? By now, others have joined in dragging me to the train. One of the Civil defence guys raised his gun as if to hit me and i asked him, what is my offence? They threatened to drop me off at their head office in Agbor to make statement. That i am a terrorist, they will take me to area commander and so on. I was looking at them and told them i did not steal, i did not kill, i did not fight them, i only snapped and made a video. If they see it as a crime, they should ask me to delete it and not slapping and treating me like a criminal. They took my phone from me.

They led me to one of the couches that was empty and asked me to sit down close to somebody who they called captain. They said i was not a passenger and repeated i was a terrorist. They demanded for my receipt, i gave it to them and told them my son is waiting for me where was allocated to us. One of them who looks intelligent and felt bad with the way i was treated, went to bring my son who saw me and started crying wondering what must have happened to his father. This is very unfortunate. The captain now asked me what happened, I explained to him and he said don't I know it's a crime to snap or video a public property without permission? I said I don't know. He asked me where do I work? I said I lecture at the Federal University of Technology, Minna, he checked my ID card and became worried. He called the one with my phone and told him they should resolve the matter amicably since I have identified myself. The one with my phone who I heard called Ibrahim and another one called Moses, kept boasting they will report the matter in Agbor so their oga will know they are working. I and my son were there till they got to Agbor. He came to me, asked me to delete all the photos and videos, and then one of them said I should write a statement. But the captain said no need. It was a HORRIFIC experience. Unfortunately, none of them had a name tag on them, but I recognize them.

I am giving these details so that Nigerians and the management of NRC should know about the rots in Ujevwu/Warri train station and take the necessary action. Serious ticket racketeering. It is a shame and very painful. I felt it, because if not that my son being with me I would have followed them to any length.

What I have written above can be investigated. It's a shame that a noble train project like this can be so corrupted. Sometimes, I wonder how some Nigerians behave. These are the same people that will accuse and abuse those in Govt.

When I used the train in Agbor I also noticed it. Infact I noticed that the security men would sell the seats allocated to them on every coach.

1 Like

Re: How A Man Was Abused And Disgraced At Warri Train Station By Nigerian Officials. by Pathokpo: 4:52pm On Jun 14, 2022
Hannania:

My bloda don't tell me you don't know that Nigeria is a mafia/cartel state where serious rackets takes place in almost all institutions with impunity. The best anyone with an acute sense of moral uprightness do is to Leake this God forsaken country to saner climes for the good of his own mental health.

1 Like

Re: How A Man Was Abused And Disgraced At Warri Train Station By Nigerian Officials. by Lastbornbuns: 7:32pm On Jun 14, 2022
Hannania:
well, if he didn't, they'll force him to, or even shoot him. Then frame him as a terrorist as they claim. The atrocities Nigerian Security forces can carry out, is beyond imaginable.
Fact is; not only the security forces. Its because some citizens decided not to buy their ticket the normal legal way. There's no supply without demand. Its a pity the depths this country has fallen to.

2 Likes

Re: How A Man Was Abused And Disgraced At Warri Train Station By Nigerian Officials. by Nostring: 8:17am On Jun 15, 2022
Lastbornbuns:

The man shouldn't have agreed to delete the photos initially . That's what gave those officials morale to harass him. "Madness" is the most effective way... as long as its bright out o and plenty people are there. Or making the video in a coded manner not with flash on and loud voice-over (if that's what he was doing).
u wicked,u wan make hin loose life cheesy
Re: How A Man Was Abused And Disgraced At Warri Train Station By Nigerian Officials. by stacyadams: 8:59am On Jun 15, 2022
Hannania:

Go back there and record them again.
Re: How A Man Was Abused And Disgraced At Warri Train Station By Nigerian Officials. by Kaypeeboss(m): 11:29am On Jun 15, 2022
Hannania:

Too bad Sha,but I know Moses and the officers there,sorry for the whole embarrassment.. I'll call Moses and the other officers to apologise to you?? Will that do and for the racktering.. the country isn't helping matters at all,even the driver dae involved, imagine his monthly salary is 34k, sometime two months ago,he almost caused a derailment,and when he was quizzed he said he was overthinking.next time no do video like that,if na one werey officer like that,e for shoot you because the last time I saw him na my presence them disarm am lock for cell because of over use of ice

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Moment Lady Fought Back Armed Robber / Iphone Store In America Looted By Mostly Black People. Why Do Blacks Always Loot / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.