Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

Is A Security Job Supposed To Be A Low Paid Job - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is A Security Job Supposed To Be A Low Paid Job (11424 Views)

Where To Get A Daily Paid Job In Lagos? Help / This Is How Job Interviews Are Supposed To Be. / Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is A Security Job Supposed To Be A Low Paid Job by Clintifydan(m): 5:06pm On Jun 15, 2022
Gkay1:

I agreed with u. Hope u know that somebody somewhere must do all those hard job

Sacrifice must be made to achieve something great grin there is no two ways to success

1 Like

Re: Is A Security Job Supposed To Be A Low Paid Job by Dikaveli2(m): 5:07pm On Jun 15, 2022
Oizee:
banks generally doesn't regard or appreciate employees no matter how long u serve them, employees can b discarded anytime.
May God provide u with a better job.

Amen brother
Re: Is A Security Job Supposed To Be A Low Paid Job by Gkay1(m): 5:08pm On Jun 15, 2022
Clintifydan:

Sacrifice must be made to achieve something great grin there is no two ways to success
It takes sacrifices to be satisfied

1 Like

Re: Is A Security Job Supposed To Be A Low Paid Job by cumoverna: 5:09pm On Jun 15, 2022
I did security work before, I was paid 15k monthly, then we were owed salaries, till date dem nor pay again.
I am currently driving keke now, which I now make 15k in 3 days.

FEAR MAN.
Dikaveli2:
The most neglected department in any sector

Well thats the work am doing but was sack

Mine was in a bank the pay is 31k but there will be increment this month i ve work there for years

There was fire outbreak in that same bank last year and i was one of those who make sure they stop the fire

We stopped the fire before the fire service dept came me and 3 other guys a security and 2 drivers. This bank till today didnt appreciate us but rush to give federal and state fire dept 100k each

In this same bank
A religional complainant has pushed a pregnant lady who happens to be a customer care service attendent and nothing happen

But i was asked to stop work because i accosted a girl who tresspassed into the bank premises on Saturday thats not a work day

They didn't even know if the girl is a criminal or a spy but they asked me to stop work

I thank God cause i wont do that work forever

Currently am learning programming course

But it painful how this people don't regard security guards in this country

2 Likes

Re: Is A Security Job Supposed To Be A Low Paid Job by tmtnigeria: 5:11pm On Jun 15, 2022
Re: Is A Security Job Supposed To Be A Low Paid Job by silento(m): 5:12pm On Jun 15, 2022
Dikaveli2:

Mine was in a bank the pay is 31k but there will be increment this month i ve work there for years

There was fire outbreak in that same bank last year and i was one of those who make sure they stop the fire

We stopped the fire before the fire service dept came me and 3 other guys a security and 2 drivers. This bank till today didnt appreciate us but rush to give federal and state fire dept 100k each

In this same bank
A religional complainant has pushed a pregnant lady who happens to be a customer care service attendent and nothing happen

But i was asked to stop work because i accosted a girl who tresspassed into the bank premises on Saturday thats not a work day

They didn't even know if the girl is a criminal or a spy but they asked me to stop work

Follow me for more programming tips bro success all the way

2 Likes

Re: Is A Security Job Supposed To Be A Low Paid Job by Bbbw: 5:27pm On Jun 15, 2022
Really
Re: Is A Security Job Supposed To Be A Low Paid Job by tctrills: 5:31pm On Jun 15, 2022
post=113831173:
NO, they should not.
They protect lives and safe properties.

The security jobs you see with low pay are probably contract security companies.
Their pay is usually not good.

Their employers believe that,
They're often low skilled and numerous people can do them, so the need to pay employees well is low....which is wrong!

You do not pay your low-skill workers as much as the skilled labor. Why spend years in the university just to be paid the same amount with the company security?

1 Like

Re: Is A Security Job Supposed To Be A Low Paid Job by manmade(m): 5:31pm On Jun 15, 2022
Golan007:
Security is a poor paying job worldwide.

Regardless, they should be better rewarded in Nigeria.
you're absolutely right even in public sector, the law enforcement officers are one of the most poorly paid workers in Nigeria, that's why I always laugh at the ignorant people saying police and other law enforcement agents except EFCC and DSS are corrupt , what do you expect from a poorly paid personnel? Some will be preaching about Patriotism now but will Never preach that to an employee of nnpc,DPR and PPMC with the same qualifications.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is A Security Job Supposed To Be A Low Paid Job by vickydevoka(m): 5:31pm On Jun 15, 2022
Holluwatarhyor:
In all honesty,I don't think security guards in companies should be paid lower than the average office workers in companies,

I mean,how do you expect someone who sometimes won't go home to make sure the company's properties are safe during the midnight,even during the day,they make sure properties are safe.

A security guard getting paid with 15,000 naira in a month is too poor,educated or not,they are protecting lives.
In UK n US na better cash out
Re: Is A Security Job Supposed To Be A Low Paid Job by UEDIBO: 5:32pm On Jun 15, 2022
Dikaveli2:

In this same bank

Sorry about that
Re: Is A Security Job Supposed To Be A Low Paid Job by Golan007: 5:34pm On Jun 15, 2022
vickydevoka:

In UK n US na better cash out

Not really.

They are paid less.

But I insist they should be better rewarded.
Re: Is A Security Job Supposed To Be A Low Paid Job by Dikaveli2(m): 5:35pm On Jun 15, 2022
UEDIBO:

Sorry about that

Thanks
Re: Is A Security Job Supposed To Be A Low Paid Job by coputa(m): 5:42pm On Jun 15, 2022
The society does'nt care. Some jobs are underrated and paid less because they are either unskilled or semi skilled.vide::messanger,cleaner,gateman/security,driver,etc.all of the bears huge risk as well.

1 Like

Re: Is A Security Job Supposed To Be A Low Paid Job by Ten06(m): 5:45pm On Jun 15, 2022
In Nigeria, if you do not have a BSc certificate you will not be well paid.
It is because the whole salary structure is being decided by the educated oga, so they will deliberately structured the salaries of the uneducated ones very low in order to make the securities people and others remain poor so that they cannot afford what they owns

1 Like

Re: Is A Security Job Supposed To Be A Low Paid Job by Holluwatarhyor(m): 5:47pm On Jun 15, 2022
Obyangel:

OP, are you a mere-guard, I mean officer without weapon?

Sincerely speaking, it's the recruitment company that caused it, I was once an officer (security man from Santana security services) and my pay no dey reach me to transport myself to the company (duty post) and even my life was at risk, factory workers will group themselves and omo n'ile combined and will be waiting outside the premises to devour an innocent person like me.
I'm a Civil engineer,into building construction.....God will make way for us all

1 Like

Re: Is A Security Job Supposed To Be A Low Paid Job by Ndibuna: 5:49pm On Jun 15, 2022
Holluwatarhyor:
In all honesty,I don't think security guards in companies should be paid lower than the average office workers in companies,

I mean,how do you expect someone who sometimes won't go home to make sure the company's properties are safe during the midnight,even during the day,they make sure properties are safe.

A security guard getting paid with 15,000 naira in a month is too poor,educated or not,they are protecting lives.
You have written what I wanted to write for long. I mean they protect your assets but you treat them poorly

1 Like

Re: Is A Security Job Supposed To Be A Low Paid Job by naturefellow(m): 5:53pm On Jun 15, 2022
You're a very humane person for raising this. I agree that it is unfair. This is why some of them collude with thieves or criminals to rip off their employers.

1 Like

Re: Is A Security Job Supposed To Be A Low Paid Job by Holluwatarhyor(m): 6:00pm On Jun 15, 2022
naturefellow:
You're a very humane person for raising this. I agree that it is unfair. This is why some of them collude with thieves or criminals to rip off their employers.
Bitter truth
Re: Is A Security Job Supposed To Be A Low Paid Job by Amat4u2: 6:05pm On Jun 15, 2022
My uncle died protecting a feeling station, they gave the family only 50k
Re: Is A Security Job Supposed To Be A Low Paid Job by Iamsofavoured(m): 6:16pm On Jun 15, 2022
The problem is not always the employer but the Ckients who refuse to pay living wage to the outsourced firm and also stripping the guards of staff benefits which they often give other department.[Quote author= post=113831173]NO, they should not.
They protect lives and safe properties.

The security jobs you see with low pay are probably contract security companies.
Their pay is usually not good.

Their employers believe that,
They're often low skilled and numerous people can do them, so the need to pay employees well is low....which is wrong!

[/quote]
Re: Is A Security Job Supposed To Be A Low Paid Job by coputa(m): 6:25pm On Jun 15, 2022
Is it not insane to pay someone 15k a month to guard and protect a property worth billions of Naira.The answer is yes.The whites knows this,that's why they always take good care of their security guards.Even these security companies can afford to feed their dogs with more than 70k a month,but they never value their fellow humans.
Re: Is A Security Job Supposed To Be A Low Paid Job by GOLDENWOLF(m): 6:30pm On Jun 15, 2022
Dripy:

I just hired a security man for my office and I insisted he will receive around 70k gross salary. I believe security men go to the same market like the rest of us and therefore, deserve a reasonable wage.

Boss, if there's vacancy please consider your boy here. I have vast knowledge and experience in security line. I lay down dey beg you boss. cry cry cry
Re: Is A Security Job Supposed To Be A Low Paid Job by seunayantokun(m): 6:32pm On Jun 15, 2022
Public or private security?
If it is private, it is a much-needed job that must be well paid for. Get those who are highly professional, technical, and technology-savvy.
Avoid those you call mallam, they are weapons of mass destruction. In fact, given the current security situation, it is time you sacked them.
Re: Is A Security Job Supposed To Be A Low Paid Job by LZAA: 6:33pm On Jun 15, 2022
Eriggs:

U don quote dem MANNA exactly 72 times in the last 6 hours. U no get work for real life?
Better get busy, na time dey go so.
Dem MANNA, keep hitting dem with the bitter truth Madam.
Oga na Madam anyday anytime grin.

@topic of discussion,
Even if to say na security job, go find something do dis year, Nairaland canceler grin

Re: Is A Security Job Supposed To Be A Low Paid Job by phemmyfour: 6:53pm On Jun 15, 2022
Holluwatarhyor:

Security guards are really doing nothing. They are hire to WATCH OVER not protect life and property.
Re: Is A Security Job Supposed To Be A Low Paid Job by Poloyanabo2(m): 6:56pm On Jun 15, 2022
[quote author=Obyangel post=113832225][/quote]
Comrade, i greet you specially
Re: Is A Security Job Supposed To Be A Low Paid Job by Poloyanabo2(m): 6:59pm On Jun 15, 2022
author=phemmyfour post=113836124] Security guards are really doing nothing. They are hire to WATCH OVER not protect life and property.[/quote]
What do you think "protect" means?
You're mistaking protect for defense and that's where your problem comes from,

Security guards do the same work as police officers, only difference is that they don't engage intruders

1 Like

Re: Is A Security Job Supposed To Be A Low Paid Job by phemmyfour: 7:16pm On Jun 15, 2022
Poloyanabo2:
author=phemmyfour post=113836124] Security guards are really doing nothing. They are hire to WATCH OVER not protect life and property.
What do you think "protect" means?
You're mistaking protect for defense and that's where your problem comes from,

Security guards do the same work as police officers, only difference is that they don't engage intruders
They can't even defend themselves. Whenever there is a robbery attack, you still need to call police to rescue the company
Re: Is A Security Job Supposed To Be A Low Paid Job by Poloyanabo2(m): 7:33pm On Jun 15, 2022
phemmyfour:
They can't even defend themselves. Whenever there is a robbery attack, you still need to call police to rescue the company

You sound so unenlightened,
Ok, why not employ the police instead?

Most of these security guards are more active than police officers,
The security are like alarms, once they get wind of a threat they call the already sleeping police, to wake up and engage the threat,

Without security guards, police alone can't properly secure a premises unless you employ in similarly large numbers.

1 Like

Re: Is A Security Job Supposed To Be A Low Paid Job by phemmyfour: 7:34pm On Jun 15, 2022
Poloyanabo2:

You sound so unenlightened,
Ok, why not employ the police instead?

Most of these security guards are more active than police officers,
The security are like alarms, once they get wind of a threat they call the already sleeping police, to wake up and engage the threat,

Without security guards, police alone can't properly secure a premises unless you employ in similarly large numbers.
You're unintelligent
Re: Is A Security Job Supposed To Be A Low Paid Job by Johel(m): 7:35pm On Jun 15, 2022
Holluwatarhyor:

How can your organisation be safe when you pay the security low wages?..pay them 100k per month!, just be say most Nigerians are wicked and greedy,so even if u pay them 1m ,they will think you have too much,then they still decide to steal from you...the change we desire in Nigeria will start from the mentality first before anything.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Got A Reject Mail? This Is How To Respond / Npower: Additional ₦15000 To Be Given To Non Graduate Category / The Links To Oil/gas Companies Websites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.