Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) (40654 Views)

Igboho, Wife Look Pale In Cotonou Court – Eyewitness / How The Hausa/Yoruba Clash In Shasha Market, Ibadan Started - Eyewitness (Video) / Nigerian Soldier Flaunts His Voter's Card, Says He Will Vote For Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by Polynek(m): 4:46pm On Jun 14, 2022
Some times I blame Nigerians,
Many Nigerians will never do something unless when the need arises U see Dem rushing.
Example NIN, I did my NIN free of charge bcox government haven't seen put law on it yet, and only few people did there NIN but immediately govt proclaim it, they all begin to rush,
All dix while nobody cares about PVC but now election is at the corner they don begin dey rush.
I got my PVC in 2019 with ease.
Abeg make una shift, sometimes we are the cause of our problem undecided

3 Likes

Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jun 14, 2022
PossibleG:
Since all this years why didn’t you guys register ? Una like dying minutes doings normally

So because it's "dying minutes", that justifies INEC's inability to provide materials for voter's registration exercises?

Some of you are just in the habit of talking nonsense just to propagate political correctness.

2 Likes

Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by Kenmatt(m): 4:47pm On Jun 14, 2022
Many people have been asking me, Kenmatt, where will I do my PVC registration in Portharcourt?

I think I am thrilled with the manner our people are gaining Political awareness this time round.

This is how Kanu would have seized the opportunity his broadcast has given him by enlightening the people on the need to get registered as a voter and participate during election, rathar than infusing violence into the "struggle"

In most cases, uncoordinated mind might think Igbos don't have the numbers to seize the Political Post at the centre, but the Gospel truth remains, in each and every State of the Federation, apart from the indigenous people of that locality, Igbos are the next populous in number.

It will only require doggedness, oneness, one vote and one voice, the sky might be the unit and not the limit.

1 Like

Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by Crixxx: 4:47pm On Jun 14, 2022
PossibleG:
people are wiser by registering in dying minutes? Think am again !
I no even understand. I also did mine again days ago, It was a headache.
They need to extend the deadline because the surge is much.
Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 14, 2022
People should really turn out for these upcoming Election of 2023...

its high time we vote out incompetent and corrupt leaders from our National Treasury angry

Anyways, Please kindly hit me up for business

Mr Learned

Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by oweniwe(m): 4:48pm On Jun 14, 2022
DSC7:
I observed that most of the southern States does not have functioning Inec Registration centers,,,...

Not their fault.

My LGA in Delta State with 12 communities/wards was allocated only one registration machine
Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by PAWG(m): 4:49pm On Jun 14, 2022
Nigerians no dey serious until dem see 'deadline'
Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by Venekconsultt: 4:50pm On Jun 14, 2022
Which kind update be this... No be crowd be this na
Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 14, 2022
Polynek:
Some times I blame Nigerians,
Many Nigerians will never do something unless when the need arises U see Dem rushing.
Example NIN, I did my NIN free of charge bcox government haven't seen put law on it yet, and only few people did there NIN but immediately govt proclaim it, they all begin to rush,
All dix while nobody cares about PVC but now election is at the corner they don begin dey rush.
I got my PVC in 2019 with ease.
Abeg make una shift, sometimes we are the cause of our problem undecided

You're obviously mad but you have no one to tell you!

There are Nigerians who wake up and hit the streets working or hustling from 6am to 6pm, Mondays to Saturdays. Do you know what efforts it costs those set of people to abandon everything to go queue in one stupid govt building for some registration? That you have enough time on your hands to do things earlier than others shouldn't be a yardstick for you to invalidate their commitment to things.

And people's response time to things shouldn't be the reason equipment and facilities will either fail to work or be completely non-existent... Instead of you to reason logically, you dey here dey smell mouth dey yan dust!

3 Likes

Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by APC2: 4:51pm On Jun 14, 2022
Many people did not register before because they are not interested in voting Buhari or Atiku. The youth have seen someone to vote for, now they want to register. INEC should open the online registration

1 Like

Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by bdon123(m): 4:52pm On Jun 14, 2022
Neduzze5:
The voter's card registration in Port Harcourt is currently suffering a serious setback as little or no centres were provided for Nigerians hoping to exercise their electoral rights in the forthcoming 2023 general elections.

The crowd over here at the Independent National Electoral Commission office in Port Harcourt is currently overwhelming with a lot of people being denied entry into the premises for lack of manpower.

This is despite the promise of the INEC chairman to deploy additional materials, equipment, centres and staff to states in the South East and South South regions.

It almost began to turn into a fracas as spirited Nigerian youths decided that no one would go out or enter into the premises of the office until they allowed them in.

It took the efforts of armed personnel to disperse the crowd before the gates could be opened up for cars and human beings to go out.

We call on INEC Nigeria to with immediate effect live up to their promise to avoid disenfranchising Nigerians most of whom are youths and who wish to exercise their rights in voting their preferred candidates.
Bliev me this is an intentional setback...they hav been doing this for years.They try to make voting/registering for pvc at areas that aint their stronghold.Goto north n see registration centres everywhere to boost strength for election.

1 Like

Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by DisLifeSha: 4:54pm On Jun 14, 2022
We are OBIdient

Zikojukwu:
Sai Obi, 2023, Labor Party
Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by Zelenskyy(m): 4:54pm On Jun 14, 2022
Register to vote...

Collect your PVC and

Vote Peter Obi for President

Thumb Print for Labour Party

1 Like

Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by bdon123(m): 4:55pm On Jun 14, 2022
PAWG:
Nigerians no dey serious until dem see 'deadline'
Deadline to wat exactly?Wat will PVC deny them that they are rushing now .Bro its nt abt deadline...Nigerians who were never interested in voting are doing so no as their eyes don clear.Suffer na bastard
Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by Ekg911(m): 4:59pm On Jun 14, 2022
Urheadmaster:

Relax, i know inec will shift the deadline.

Nigerians don wise bro. Make dem do there work well well ooh cool
Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by Paulianfa(m): 5:05pm On Jun 14, 2022
I smelled game plan from above to denied the south from voting massively to the candidate of their choice.
Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by tenpipsperday: 5:06pm On Jun 14, 2022
3ple9iner:

Since last year that registration began did you make any attempt? When deadline don near una con dey run.

There was no need for that since there was no credible candidate but now we have one in the name of Peter Obi. Are you surprised by the surge? It is because Peter Obi has joined the race. My vote is for him.

I am a Yoruba boy BTW.

3 Likes

Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by maestroferddi: 5:08pm On Jun 14, 2022
PlayerMeji:
This is a classic case of DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ ONLINE especially things written by weed people.

Going by the narrations of these people in Alaba Market in Lagos, they claimed they were attacked by Yoruba people while they were trying to grab their PVCs as if Yoruba ganged up against them.

This is Rivers State, the same kind of crowd which overstretched the staff at the registration center in Alaba, Lagos which brought about the chaos and fracas in the center in Alaba has also brought about chaos in Port Harcourt...

Now, what will they CLAIM HAPPENED HERE

Is it that Yoruba people have paid the staff here in Port Harcourt not to allow them get their PVCS or what..?

There were no touts in the Port Harcourt case trying to chase people away unlike in Alaba, in line with the practise in Lagos, where agberos or touts are either used to prevent people from registering or doing actual voting...

The news of an agbero stoned to death by angry voters in the Okota area of Lagos was viral on social media...
Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by 1Nairaboy(m): 5:13pm On Jun 14, 2022
I thought you can apply online, using your phone -->https://cvr.inecnigeria.org/Home/start
Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by Polynek(m): 5:20pm On Jun 14, 2022
Buddha3:

You're obviously mad but you have no one to tell you!

There are Nigerians who wake up and hit the streets working or hustling from 6am to 6pm, Mondays to Saturdays. Do you know what efforts it costs those set of people to abandon everything to go queue in one stupid govt building for some registration? That you have enough time on your hands to do things earlier than others shouldn't be a yardstick for you to invalidate their commitment to things.

And people's response time to things shouldn't be the reason equipment and facilities will either fail to work or be completely non-existent... Instead of you to reason logically, you dey here dey smell mouth dey yan dust!
When you talk about time, I shud b the number one person to use dat as an excuse.
I am sponsoring my academics with the little work am doing, dsame time am also learning a skill.
Yet I create time to do dox tinx.
Broda man everyone is busy it requires discipline to schedule urself.
I still maintain dat many people can't do something unless wen the need arises.
Example wen I open my 1st bank account I wasn't working den, but I know dat there's need to open a bank account.
My broda time is not an excuse, na discipline.
Have a nice day.
You can make ur point without trolling insult pls we no dey quarrel
Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by PAWG(m): 5:22pm On Jun 14, 2022
bdon123:

Deadline to wat exactly?Wat will PVC deny them that they are rushing now .Bro its nt abt deadline...Nigerians who were never interested in voting are doing so no as their eyes don clear.Suffer na bastard

Like Sim Reg like NIN like PVC
Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by sokera: 5:25pm On Jun 14, 2022
EmekaMD:
INEC has demonstrated lack of capacity to entertain millions of Nigerians who wish to obtain their PVC yet it is always the first to ask people to go andresgister.

Come on now INEC
you are actually wrong , registration started over 2 years ago and people didn’t take it serious because one Albino was telling them no no Biafra no election … INEC set deadline for registration and the dead line past and they have extended it again so don’t blame INEC , blame the man in DSS detention for deceiving the people
Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by Akinboboz(m): 5:26pm On Jun 14, 2022
It's everywhere across the country, nothing dey special about it.
Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by Uzomacharles: 5:28pm On Jun 14, 2022
Nawa oo
Maybe na to leave am oooo...
Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by Whisk(m): 5:37pm On Jun 14, 2022
When we're supposed to do things at an early stage, quitely and gently we won't do it. We like rushing things - doing the fire service approach. Taking action at the last hour and expecting extension of time/date.
Your vote counts.
Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by Themandator: 5:39pm On Jun 14, 2022
Clintifydan:

Time is no one's friend.. after gasping to get the temporary one.. when will they print the original card to be ready for collection?

The temporary one is as good as the plastic if not better.. The plastic do fades but once you laminate the paper version it stays longer
Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by Themandator: 5:42pm On Jun 14, 2022
maestroferddi:
There were no touts in the Port Harcourt case trying to chase people away unlike in Alaba, in line with the practise in Lagos, where agberos or touts are either used to prevent people from registering or doing actual voting...

The news of an agbero stoned to death by angry voters in the Okota area of Lagos was viral on social media...

Lag is now ready.. Trade fair had got many points
Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by orazx: 5:44pm On Jun 14, 2022
PlayerMeji:
This is a classic case of DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ ONLINE especially things written by weed people.

Going by the narrations of these people in Alaba Market in Lagos, they claimed they were attacked by Yoruba people while they were trying to grab their PVCs as if Yoruba ganged up against them.

This is Rivers State, the same kind of crowd which overstretched the staff at the registration center in Alaba, Lagos which brought about the chaos and fracas in the center in Alaba has also brought about chaos in Port Harcourt...

Now, what will they CLAIM HAPPENED HERE

Is it that Yoruba people have paid the staff here in Port Harcourt not to allow them get their PVCS or what..?

Will you just Shut up
Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by PaedophileProph: 5:46pm On Jun 14, 2022
If your case is
Transfer of voter's card from a previous to a new place of Residence

Simply log on to cvr.inecnigeria.org

Create an account with a valid email
A message bearing a link to continue your case will be sent to your inbox .

Yes , it's that easy
Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by sematec(m): 5:47pm On Jun 14, 2022
human beings

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Presidential Candidate FFK Won’t Support In 2019 / Obituary Of A Soldier Killed By Boko Haram (Photos) / Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.