Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

Airless Tyres Set To Go On Sale - Flat Tyres Would Be A Thing Of The Past (Pix) - Autos (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Airless Tyres Set To Go On Sale - Flat Tyres Would Be A Thing Of The Past (Pix) (74128 Views)

Say Goodbye To Flat Tyres As Michelin And GM Develop New Airless Wheel Tech / Used Tokumbor Tyres, Will Pass For Brand New. / Extremely clean tokunbo 15tons hiab self loader crane Iveco Eight tyres truck fo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airless Tyres Set To Go On Sale - Flat Tyres Would Be A Thing Of The Past (Pix) by thunderbabs: 12:29pm On Jun 15, 2022
bibianna:
What will happen to our vulcanizers?

Who is a vulcanizer? Asking for my oyibo friend shocked
Re: Airless Tyres Set To Go On Sale - Flat Tyres Would Be A Thing Of The Past (Pix) by ukzenlumbs(m): 12:29pm On Jun 15, 2022
Haha!
Them go get another work na!
They can even find a substance they can use to fix patch on that tyres should incase it breaks.
Re: Airless Tyres Set To Go On Sale - Flat Tyres Would Be A Thing Of The Past (Pix) by robinso01(m): 12:39pm On Jun 15, 2022
henndukwe18:
i dnt tink so, our roads can damage these tires in two days

They will have to build nigeria own separately
Re: Airless Tyres Set To Go On Sale - Flat Tyres Would Be A Thing Of The Past (Pix) by huntax(m): 12:44pm On Jun 15, 2022
bibianna:

What about LASTMA officials with their nail-poles? Nigeria will reject this progression,sadly.
Re: Airless Tyres Set To Go On Sale - Flat Tyres Would Be A Thing Of The Past (Pix) by sampsun(m): 12:53pm On Jun 15, 2022
It will take a decade or more to completely replace the inflated tyres. By then, they should venture into banditry, kidnapping or join the Islamic Haram boys.�

On a serious note, I think they would be fine and some of them can turn them vulcanizing machines to grinding engine.
Re: Airless Tyres Set To Go On Sale - Flat Tyres Would Be A Thing Of The Past (Pix) by Reference(m): 12:54pm On Jun 15, 2022
iswallker:
Airless won't fit on 30 tonne trucks just yet

Vukcanizers still have work to do

cheesy

And most folks don't read _the article says air filled tyres will always have a place

Besides this technology is in the testing stage and dealing with issues of drag because of more surface area contact with road and noise resulting from it

Still testing

grin

Read further my guy.
The airless tyre technology is debuting in articulated and industrial vehicles where liability is less dramatic.... grin

And air filled tyre buffs are living on borrowed time. The VHS/Kodak reality will soon hit them.
Re: Airless Tyres Set To Go On Sale - Flat Tyres Would Be A Thing Of The Past (Pix) by sampsun(m): 12:56pm On Jun 15, 2022
It will take a decade or more to completely replace the inflated tyres. By then, they should venture into banditry, kidnapping or join the Islamic Haram boys.�

On a serious note, I think they would be fine and some of them can turn them vulcanizing machines to grinding engine. smiley
Re: Airless Tyres Set To Go On Sale - Flat Tyres Would Be A Thing Of The Past (Pix) by Ray07(m): 1:07pm On Jun 15, 2022
From tubeless to airless tires. People way the use their brain.
Re: Airless Tyres Set To Go On Sale - Flat Tyres Would Be A Thing Of The Past (Pix) by CaptainFM1: 1:10pm On Jun 15, 2022
alphaconde:
I can wait, vulcanizers charge 1k to patch a hole

Don't blame him. How much is 1K in Nigeria of today? I ate 2K food in a canteen and still feel hungry. Our money no just get value again.

1 Like

Re: Airless Tyres Set To Go On Sale - Flat Tyres Would Be A Thing Of The Past (Pix) by Benblaq(m): 1:11pm On Jun 15, 2022
clockwisereport:

Are you a vulcanizer?
I am an undergraduate affected by the ASUU strike, and so I am using the opportunity to keep myself busy. I am a vulcanizer and I sell Belgium and fairly used tyres.

Here I am about to change this damaged tyre and I will patch the side with nylon because a part of the new tyre the man brought is broken.

Your boy is loyal.

Re: Airless Tyres Set To Go On Sale - Flat Tyres Would Be A Thing Of The Past (Pix) by olibeans: 1:17pm On Jun 15, 2022
bibianna:

As usual, they will lose their jobs to technology
Re: Airless Tyres Set To Go On Sale - Flat Tyres Would Be A Thing Of The Past (Pix) by henndukwe18: 1:23pm On Jun 15, 2022
robinso01:

They will have to build nigeria own separately
it is only our normal tire that can handle our road
Re: Airless Tyres Set To Go On Sale - Flat Tyres Would Be A Thing Of The Past (Pix) by brainhgeek(m): 1:30pm On Jun 15, 2022
bibianna:
Very valid questions.
I bet the wise ones will evolve and still find relevance by fixing errors with this innovation.
Re: Airless Tyres Set To Go On Sale - Flat Tyres Would Be A Thing Of The Past (Pix) by delpee(f): 1:43pm On Jun 15, 2022
Wow! Hopefully it won't be too expensive.
Re: Airless Tyres Set To Go On Sale - Flat Tyres Would Be A Thing Of The Past (Pix) by mechanics(m): 1:45pm On Jun 15, 2022
bibianna:
hahahahah, they will find another alternative.
Re: Airless Tyres Set To Go On Sale - Flat Tyres Would Be A Thing Of The Past (Pix) by ufotunang: 1:58pm On Jun 15, 2022
You can see a country that is doing better things...our own country naija our politcians is just to be looting money up and down
Re: Airless Tyres Set To Go On Sale - Flat Tyres Would Be A Thing Of The Past (Pix) by javaguru: 1:59pm On Jun 15, 2022
Samfloxin:
Can Nigerians afford it?
how much is iPhone 13 pro, there nothing Nigerians can't afford
Re: Airless Tyres Set To Go On Sale - Flat Tyres Would Be A Thing Of The Past (Pix) by Awesometouch1: 2:00pm On Jun 15, 2022
bibianna:
You got that question right?

Re: Airless Tyres Set To Go On Sale - Flat Tyres Would Be A Thing Of The Past (Pix) by dreu2fine(m): 2:06pm On Jun 15, 2022
bibianna:
Trust us they will find a way out
Re: Airless Tyres Set To Go On Sale - Flat Tyres Would Be A Thing Of The Past (Pix) by Orpe7(m): 2:18pm On Jun 15, 2022
What happens when u drive thru a poodle of water with speed
Re: Airless Tyres Set To Go On Sale - Flat Tyres Would Be A Thing Of The Past (Pix) by KIDfurniture(m): 2:23pm On Jun 15, 2022
It’s the season ! Did you know that most of our vulcanizer buy and pour nails on the roads ? Well this is what they learnt in their association just to increase sales . Wickedness runs in our thick veins..this new innovation will scrap them off completely

MALIGNANTGuest:
..... and I suffered a punctured tyre today!
Such an Information coming at the right time!
Re: Airless Tyres Set To Go On Sale - Flat Tyres Would Be A Thing Of The Past (Pix) by andray12(m): 2:33pm On Jun 15, 2022
I swear wey carry religion for head like .......Oshuka!

Powersurge:
I thank God that blacks and Arabians are not the only humans on earth.

1 Like

Re: Airless Tyres Set To Go On Sale - Flat Tyres Would Be A Thing Of The Past (Pix) by ariesbull: 2:51pm On Jun 15, 2022
Elsueno:

Good, they charged me #100 naira a few days ago just because I want top up small air for my tire...

on a serious note, that tire won't be popular here as it would require u to actually buy new ones after a few months, especially with our bad road, as opposed to here way we dey manage our tires for years
here in Lagos it is 200 to pump and minimum. Of 500 to patch.. I dey there now
Re: Airless Tyres Set To Go On Sale - Flat Tyres Would Be A Thing Of The Past (Pix) by mbos: 2:52pm On Jun 15, 2022
can it take great shocks from our massive potholes
Re: Airless Tyres Set To Go On Sale - Flat Tyres Would Be A Thing Of The Past (Pix) by RoxyBrownAutos: 2:53pm On Jun 15, 2022
Good development.
Re: Airless Tyres Set To Go On Sale - Flat Tyres Would Be A Thing Of The Past (Pix) by robinso01(m): 2:54pm On Jun 15, 2022
henndukwe18:
it is only our normal tire that can handle our road

That is why they say the normal tyres will still be used.
Re: Airless Tyres Set To Go On Sale - Flat Tyres Would Be A Thing Of The Past (Pix) by Karnice600: 2:58pm On Jun 15, 2022
Macsjebs:
Source: https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/cars/1625420/Tyre-puncture-airless-michelin-goodyear/amp

If you need a proof to show that what's under the ground is useless without what's in the head, here it is.
Passionate problem solvers on one hand, chronic consumers on the other. The West on one hand, Africa on the other.
Re: Airless Tyres Set To Go On Sale - Flat Tyres Would Be A Thing Of The Past (Pix) by EmmaLege: 3:01pm On Jun 15, 2022
bibianna:

They just have to learn something else sad
Re: Airless Tyres Set To Go On Sale - Flat Tyres Would Be A Thing Of The Past (Pix) by henndukwe18: 3:04pm On Jun 15, 2022
Benblaq:
I am an undergraduate affected by the ASUU strike, and so I am using the opportunity to keep myself busy. I am a vulcanizer and I sell Belgium and fairly used tyres.

Here I am about to change this damaged tyre and I will patch the side with nylon because a part of the new tyre the man brought is broken.

Your boy is loyal.
Keep hustling, oluwa go show u lv soon

1 Like

Re: Airless Tyres Set To Go On Sale - Flat Tyres Would Be A Thing Of The Past (Pix) by henndukwe18: 3:05pm On Jun 15, 2022
robinso01:

That is why they say the normal tyres will still be used.
i guess d normal tires re stronger
Re: Airless Tyres Set To Go On Sale - Flat Tyres Would Be A Thing Of The Past (Pix) by LollySeaSide: 3:06pm On Jun 15, 2022
bibianna:
They'll be "pumping" other things.
There are a lot of things to pump.
Re: Airless Tyres Set To Go On Sale - Flat Tyres Would Be A Thing Of The Past (Pix) by Benblaq(m): 3:09pm On Jun 15, 2022
henndukwe18:
Keep hustling, oluwa go show u lv soon
Believe!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Cars From Cotonou ! / 2010 LEXUS RX 350***Time Left:3days 0hours 10mins** / ****Kakaki + Sleekcm +Toyota Corolla******NAIJA PICS****

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.