Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,678 members, 7,801,956 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:57 AM

Throwback Record Of The Week: Dagrin – C.E.O (2009) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Throwback Record Of The Week: Dagrin – C.E.O (2009) (340 Views)

DJ Baddo - Best Of Dagrin (2020 Mixtape Download) / Dagrin Lives Free Instrumental / Throwback: Download All Dagrin Music Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Throwback Record Of The Week: Dagrin – C.E.O (2009) by amechispeaks(m): 8:27am On Jun 16, 2022
Throwback Record Of The Week: Dagrin – C.E.O (2009)

Written By Amechi Okoli

Besides M.I's “Talk About It”, I really cannot think of another Nigerian rap album that pulled weight like Dagrin’s 2009 sophomore, C.E.O.

This album was creatively set up for success, as all the ingredients needed to cook-up a breakthrough project were added into the production pot.

First of all, Dagrin was spitting bars in his native Yoruba language, which ensured that his lyrics would be easily processed by the locals (Especially in the West).

Secondly, he procured the beat-making services of the super-talented Sossick, who delivered some of the most memorable hip hop beats in Nigeria's music history.

Lastly, Dagrin capitalized on 50 Cent’s popularity, by infusing several elements of the New York rapper’s style into his package (remember the gunshots, the cocky laughs, and the poses in photoshoots?)

Oh, let’s not forget the super-catchy hooks on tracks like “Make Doe”, “Thank God”, and “Ghetto Dream”.

And who could ever forget the song “Pon Pon Pon”?

It ruled the streets and airwaves for years, and its instrumental (which was also included as a bonus on the album), is arguably the most used Nigerian instrumental in freestyle battles.

Going by the Source Magazine’s ratings criteria from back in the day, Dagrin’s C.E.O is unarguably, without a doubt, a 5 Mic album.

R.I.P Dagrin!

Written By Amechi Okoli

About the author

Amechi Okoli is a professional freelance writer who has a passion for music, sports, and entertainment.

He has written for over 150 blogs, and he has authored 2 books of his own.

Follow him on Instagram @amechi_okoli

Peace!
Re: Throwback Record Of The Week: Dagrin – C.E.O (2009) by slickbak(m): 8:33am On Jun 16, 2022
When I listened to the C.E.O album, I was in awe of his originality and creativity.

It felt like listening to a Nigerian hybrid of B.I.G + 50Cent.

Rip CEO.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throwback Record Of The Week: Dagrin – C.E.O (2009) by Icarus99(f): 9:00am On Jun 16, 2022
Chief executive omo ita remains the best album
My boyfriend plays it on a reg

1 Like

Re: Throwback Record Of The Week: Dagrin – C.E.O (2009) by illicit(m): 9:10am On Jun 16, 2022
CEO was the bomb
Re: Throwback Record Of The Week: Dagrin – C.E.O (2009) by amechispeaks(m): 11:09am On Jun 16, 2022
illicit:
CEO was the bomb

Word!
Re: Throwback Record Of The Week: Dagrin – C.E.O (2009) by amechispeaks(m): 11:11am On Jun 16, 2022
slickbak:
When I listened to the C.E.O album, I was in awe of his originality and creativity.

It felt like listening to a Nigerian hybrid of B.I.G + 50Cent.

Rip CEO.

Dagrin was truly one of a kind!

1 Like

Re: Throwback Record Of The Week: Dagrin – C.E.O (2009) by amechispeaks(m): 11:11am On Jun 16, 2022
Icarus99:
Chief executive omo ita remains the best album
My boyfriend plays it on a reg

Your boyfriend knows what's up!
Re: Throwback Record Of The Week: Dagrin – C.E.O (2009) by emmanex2000: 9:50pm On Jun 16, 2022
I need a good cryptowriter asap
Contact @ 07012809662
Re: Throwback Record Of The Week: Dagrin – C.E.O (2009) by DevilsEqual(m): 9:35am On May 17, 2023
illicit:
CEO was the bomb

Wow...so you love this album too

1 Like

Re: Throwback Record Of The Week: Dagrin – C.E.O (2009) by illicit(m): 10:10am On May 17, 2023
DevilsEqual:

Wow...so you love this album too

I like am die

(1) (Reply)

Ifypraise -you Are God (music & Lyrics) / Gundagardi Song Mp3 Download J Trix X Subspace X Ikka / 10 Musts In Protecting Your Identity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.