Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,386 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

INEC Officials Demand Payment Before PVC Registration In Benue LGA (pix, Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Officials Demand Payment Before PVC Registration In Benue LGA (pix, Video) (18588 Views)

Man Accuses INEC In Lagos Of Demanding State-Owned Cards Before PVC Registration / Heritage Bank Staff At Andy Uba's House, Demand Payment Of Debts (Photos, Video) / Imo Pensioners Block Govt House Entrance, Demand Payment Of Pensions (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Officials Demand Payment Before PVC Registration In Benue LGA (pix, Video) by Edge247: 9:22am On Jun 16, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhQATUDNqCk

Amid the advocacy for inclusive and widespread participation in the 2023 elections, officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in Benue state are demanding payment from the electorate attempting to obtain their permanent voter cards (PVCs).

Although INEC’s guidelines on voter registration frown against the act, TheCable observed that there is a charge attached to voter registration in Oju LGA of Benue, a situation which discourages residents from undertaking the process.

Susan Abari, 25, is an indigene of Ebenta village. She travelled from Zaria in Kaduna state, where she is based, to enrol for her PVC, but rather than get it without a cost, she was asked to pay a fee of N300.

“This is my first time ever, I have not done PVC before and I was told by my people that to do PVC is free,” Abari told TheCable.

“When I got to the office, I met a crowd outside complaining. Amongst them were women, youths and even elderly men. A lot of them went back home. I found out later.

“I waited a few minutes until it was my turn. When I sat down, the first thing they did was ask me for money. I was surprised. I was not expecting it. Seeing that I was hesitant to respond, the enroller got angry and asked me to stand up and leave the seat.

“I couldn’t pay so I left.”

Unlike Abari who refused to pay, Samuel, 19, thought it necessary to cooperate and collect his PVC. Samuel said nothing will stop him from voting in the 2023 elections — even if he has to bribe INEC officials.

“At the time they sent people out of the room, I knew I had to pay,” he said. “Although we were told that it is supposed to be free. However, what is happening here is different and it looks like nobody is saying anything.

“I paid N300. According to what I heard, the N300 is for the data and for slip lamination.”

The moment Nelson, an INEC official, received money from an enrollee.

Like Samuel, Ode Ruth was willing to make the payment, but when she reached into her purse, she could only find N200.

“They were unwilling to collect. It was at that time I ran back home to borrow N100 to add,” Ruth said.

According to the INEC guidelines, fresh voter registration is free and can be done for anyone above 18 in the designated location approved by the electoral body.

However, an INEC official in Oju LGA, who identified himself as Mr Nelson, said the government is no longer providing funds for internet accessibility.

“Because we need to keep the office running, [and] we have a limited time frame to enrol people,” Nelson said.

“It is why we are collecting N300. But when we go to a community, it’s a different thing.”

https://www.thecable.ng/exposed-inec-officials-demand-payment-before-pvc-registration-in-benue/amp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhQATUDNqCk

Re: INEC Officials Demand Payment Before PVC Registration In Benue LGA (pix, Video) by Parachoko: 9:26am On Jun 16, 2022
If nah Lagos it happen, we go dey hear say INEC is trying to disenfranchise some set of people.

Registration has been on for more than a month, I wander why it is now people are now trooping to INEC office to register, overwhelming the system.

149 Likes 3 Shares

Re: INEC Officials Demand Payment Before PVC Registration In Benue LGA (pix, Video) by Maxymilliano(m): 9:34am On Jun 16, 2022
Because we need to keep the office running, [and] we have a limited time frame to enrol people,” Nelson said.

“It is why we are collecting N300. But when we go to a community, it’s a different thing.”
Hopefully the Resident Electoral Officer will come up with cogent reasons to defend this malfeasance

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Officials Demand Payment Before PVC Registration In Benue LGA (pix, Video) by Nobody: 9:37am On Jun 16, 2022
Where did the INEC budget of N305,000,000,000.00 go to?... N305BN excluding N40Bn annual budget...

Vote right, vote labour, vote peter obi....

135 Likes 7 Shares

Re: INEC Officials Demand Payment Before PVC Registration In Benue LGA (pix, Video) by ScamHunter: 9:49am On Jun 16, 2022
It's the same reason judges take bribes to give verdicts in the favor of highest bidders in Nigerian courts. Police, civil servants, doctors, even pastors are taking bribes to consult With God for people. Everything in Nigeria is so wrong that you a revolution to have a semblance of sanity in the country.
The election means nothing to the government. All their interest is the money they loot to help rig it and continue looting. That's why they won't finance the voters registration.
By the way, I think only an outsider can help this country and deliver her from the organized crime called governance. Even if he wins it'll still be a tough job for Peter Obi.

The crooks are clearly in the majority.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: INEC Officials Demand Payment Before PVC Registration In Benue LGA (pix, Video) by Olamila: 9:53am On Jun 16, 2022
He just lost his job

3 Likes

Re: INEC Officials Demand Payment Before PVC Registration In Benue LGA (pix, Video) by MonkeyMods(m): 9:53am On Jun 16, 2022
Hunger every nook and cranny of Naijuria

Vote Peter Obi and vote out hunger

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Officials Demand Payment Before PVC Registration In Benue LGA (pix, Video) by vicdom(m): 9:53am On Jun 16, 2022
This is very bad. Nigeria, which way??
Mynd44 let's make this go viral embarassed

1 Like

Re: INEC Officials Demand Payment Before PVC Registration In Benue LGA (pix, Video) by WibusJaga: 9:53am On Jun 16, 2022

Corruption has eaten deep into the bone & marrow of almost everyone in Naija.

But i wonder why this voter's card regis can not be done fully online especially for those who have previously captured their biometrics via BVN, NIN, SIM Card, NIMC, Driver's Licence, etc
All that is needed is to link your data to existing NIN database.
Govt inefficiency just suffering people for nothing. SMH.

9 Likes

Re: INEC Officials Demand Payment Before PVC Registration In Benue LGA (pix, Video) by Promoter2: 9:53am On Jun 16, 2022
Terrible!

1 Like

Re: INEC Officials Demand Payment Before PVC Registration In Benue LGA (pix, Video) by QueenOfTheCoast(f): 9:53am On Jun 16, 2022
angry

Jesus!!!
just look at the old dual core laptop they're using to do registration and you expect them to be fast and efficient.
this is the exact laptop I used in 2011 that someone is using to do a mass registration in 2022 shocked
and I am 10000% sure that high end laptops where budgeted for this and was embezzled.

and some youths are still trying to force this corruption laden government on us again?
may God punish anybody that campaigns for this useless party again and may the suffering of millions of Nigerians be upon his head and that of his generation.
Amen.
dear Nigerians, it's either we remain stagnant forever or move forward to a new era of accountability.
let's join hands and retire these criminals once and for all.
if they can't get a modern laptop for an important federal body like INEC is it a common man that they'll cater for?

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Officials Demand Payment Before PVC Registration In Benue LGA (pix, Video) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:53am On Jun 16, 2022
Report their location NOW!

We will take up the matter personally.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: INEC Officials Demand Payment Before PVC Registration In Benue LGA (pix, Video) by chloride6: 9:54am On Jun 16, 2022
See the dead laptop angry grin grin

3 Likes

Re: INEC Officials Demand Payment Before PVC Registration In Benue LGA (pix, Video) by CHANNELStv2020: 9:54am On Jun 16, 2022
INEC SHOULD LOOK INTO THIS,Here in the North they are begging northern to take theirs

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Officials Demand Payment Before PVC Registration In Benue LGA (pix, Video) by Authoreety: 9:54am On Jun 16, 2022
This is one of d Zillion problems that should be corrected of only we will steadfastly remain OBI-dient

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Officials Demand Payment Before PVC Registration In Benue LGA (pix, Video) by PaedophileProph: 9:55am On Jun 16, 2022
wink
Re: INEC Officials Demand Payment Before PVC Registration In Benue LGA (pix, Video) by Success77x: 9:55am On Jun 16, 2022
Inconclusive elements.
Re: INEC Officials Demand Payment Before PVC Registration In Benue LGA (pix, Video) by IgOga(m): 9:55am On Jun 16, 2022
This is why I fear elections in Nigeria...with the right amount INEC will upload or re-upload anyhow result.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Officials Demand Payment Before PVC Registration In Benue LGA (pix, Video) by IKBARUTEN11(m): 9:55am On Jun 16, 2022
Sack those thieves immediately

They are part of the canker worms destroying Nigeria

1 Like

Re: INEC Officials Demand Payment Before PVC Registration In Benue LGA (pix, Video) by gracealonev: 9:55am On Jun 16, 2022
Are you sure this location is in Benue?. One can hear people speaking Yoruba in the background.
Re: INEC Officials Demand Payment Before PVC Registration In Benue LGA (pix, Video) by tuoyoojo(m): 9:56am On Jun 16, 2022
Some Nigerians are the enemies of this country
Re: INEC Officials Demand Payment Before PVC Registration In Benue LGA (pix, Video) by PointZerom: 9:57am On Jun 16, 2022
Parachoko:
If nah Lagos it happen, we go dey hear say INEC is trying to disenfranchise some set of people.

Registration has been on for more than a month, I wander why it is now people are now trooping to INEC office to register, overwhelming the system.

You have reasoned like a BIG F**L.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Officials Demand Payment Before PVC Registration In Benue LGA (pix, Video) by aragonchuks(m): 9:57am On Jun 16, 2022
And this one na person papa ,brother and uncle .. and later he will be shouting bad governance…
Re: INEC Officials Demand Payment Before PVC Registration In Benue LGA (pix, Video) by chatinent: 9:57am On Jun 16, 2022
Not new.

Even during the NIN capture, those idiots sold forms for N4k, and still took N14k for modification...and you weren't allowed to print outside.

Nigeria is a shit-hole.

1 Like

Re: INEC Officials Demand Payment Before PVC Registration In Benue LGA (pix, Video) by yesloaded: 9:57am On Jun 16, 2022
Parachoko:

My question is registration is free or paid?

3 Likes

Re: INEC Officials Demand Payment Before PVC Registration In Benue LGA (pix, Video) by Pele10: 9:57am On Jun 16, 2022
Am i mad to use my hard earned money to get a PVC that my i will use to vote another set of thifes?

3 Likes

Re: INEC Officials Demand Payment Before PVC Registration In Benue LGA (pix, Video) by Asek1(m): 9:57am On Jun 16, 2022
No be small mata we dey try settle so cheesy
Re: INEC Officials Demand Payment Before PVC Registration In Benue LGA (pix, Video) by geunik(m): 9:58am On Jun 16, 2022
Parachoko:

If was after APC primary that the youth saw the need to register and vote out old recycled politicians

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Forgery: Trial Of Saraki, Ekweremadu stalled / Jerry Gana And Tunde Adeniran Visit Babangida & Jonathan Over PDP Chairmanship / Frame-up Allegation: Why Obasanjo Should Not Be Worried – Falana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.