Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

The New Style Scammers Are Using - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The New Style Scammers Are Using (3477 Views)

The Scammers Are Covered By The Nigerian Apex Bank / Scammers Are Stealing People's Money Through A Scheme That Has Nothing / Scammers New Tactics (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The New Style Scammers Are Using by onyee25(f): 4:50pm On Jun 16, 2022
Hello Nairalanders
I ventured into POS business last month so as to support myself. Today I was scammed of 49,000�. So I just want to inform other people out there to be careful of the new format scammers are using.
I stepped out of my stand shortly to get food, so I left my younger sis in the stand. According to her a girl came to deposit 49,000, the girl told my sister the caller wanted to speak to the pos operator,so the person started calling out the account number, my sister inputted the account, confirmed the name and sent the 49,000 thinking that the girl will be the one to give her the money. Next the girl started crying that she dsnt even know the caller. The both started calling the person and the person blocked them both. I am really devasted, I don't even know where to start from. I have not even recovered the money I used in setting up this business and now this�. Please you all should be careful.
This is the phone number 09166411343 of the scammer. His name is John Sunday Daniel. please anyone that knows this person should pls help me beg him to return my money please. Lalasticlala please help me move it front page please

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Style Scammers Are Using by jahlove4jah: 5:03pm On Jun 16, 2022
And you didn't keep the small girl or seize her phone?

16 Likes

Re: The New Style Scammers Are Using by ajekpaks(m): 5:32pm On Jun 16, 2022
something is missing about this story

11 Likes

Re: The New Style Scammers Are Using by worldclass68(m): 7:06pm On Jun 16, 2022
You got the receiver account details nah...follow it up through the bank nah

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Style Scammers Are Using by lecowas: 7:09pm On Jun 16, 2022
Humans now living like animals, doing anything to survive even if it includes eating their fellow humans alive. Where is humanity ?

2 Likes

Re: The New Style Scammers Are Using by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 16, 2022
drop the account details
Re: The New Style Scammers Are Using by Abilistic(m): 7:39pm On Jun 16, 2022
Why didn't your sister confirm the cash before doing the transfer?

5 Likes

Re: The New Style Scammers Are Using by Mkelv0106(m): 7:46pm On Jun 16, 2022
Hold that girl. She doesn't know the person, how did the person now got her number wen he take call her, abi no be she tell d person say POS dey my side, all of a sudden she no know the person when dey follow her align for phone again, whip her cord for neck, she go know d person by force..

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Style Scammers Are Using by dwilliams: 9:24pm On Jun 16, 2022
Mkelv0106:
Hold that girl. She doesn't know the person, how did the person now got her number wen he take call her, abi no be she tell d person say POS dey my side, all of a sudden she no know the person when dey follow her align for phone again, whip her cord for neck, she go know d person by force..

A similar scenario played out around March this year... I was there when it happened.. an elderly man walked up to a POS vendor and told her someone wants to send money to him and I think he gave her the phone to speak to the person... I guess they might have used Jazz on the other end because she ended up sending 150k and when the man was asked to pay he started saying he didn't know the person at the other end...
I advised them to rush down to access bank to have the account frozen before they could get there they dude already withdrew 100k ..
.I really don't know how they resolved the matter but I am sure the old man would have to cough up the money...
Re: The New Style Scammers Are Using by kelvincoke(m): 10:36pm On Jun 16, 2022
Just to add to the poster above, same scenario happy close to my place. The guy received a call to go and give POS the phone so as to send 50k to one account which the first guy don't even know the caller but was just trying to help out not knowing he is be a victim. The POS attendant send the money hoping to get the money from the first guy which the guy said he thought the caller know the POS lady. It was the guy that later cough out the 50k.

I can't really say how this thing work on people. May God help us.
Re: The New Style Scammers Are Using by DarlingtonC: 10:39pm On Jun 16, 2022
onyee25:
Hello Nairalanders
I ventured into POS business last month so as to support myself. Today I was scammed of 49,000�. So I just want to inform other people out there to be careful of the new format scammers are using.
I stepped out of my stand shortly to get food, so I left my younger sis in the stand. According to her a girl came to deposit 49,000, the girl told my sister the caller wanted to speak to the pos operator,so the person started calling out the account number, my sister inputted the account, confirmed the name and sent the 49,000 thinking that the girl will be the one to give her the money. Next the girl started crying that she dsnt even know the caller. The both started calling the person and the person blocked them both. I am really devasted, I don't even know where to start from. I have not even recovered the money I used in setting up this business and now this�. Please you all should be careful.
This is the phone number 09166411343 of the scammer. His name is John Sunday Daniel. please anyone that knows this person should pls help me beg him to return my money please. Lalasticlala please help me move it front page please
Where is your pos stand located?
Re: The New Style Scammers Are Using by idris646(m): 10:55pm On Jun 16, 2022
so you dey do transaction before confirming the cash, you'll definitely make the youths rich in that neighborhood.

5 Likes

Re: The New Style Scammers Are Using by falcon01: 10:59pm On Jun 16, 2022
All those jazz stories up there are ridiculous it's just people been stupid.

3 Likes

Re: The New Style Scammers Are Using by techgen(m): 1:01am On Jun 17, 2022
It's real...it happened to one of my trainee girlfriend,!
Re: The New Style Scammers Are Using by favour32(m): 2:00am On Jun 17, 2022
C©¢k and bull story.
If you want to deposit money in any pos.
The operator takes your cash before onward transfer.
So,what is the wahala?

1 Like

Re: The New Style Scammers Are Using by Nobody: 2:04am On Jun 17, 2022
favour32:
C©¢k and bull story.
If you want to deposit money in any pos.
The operator takes your cash before onward transfer.
So,what is the wahala?
sir, she might be saying the truth. Its real, i have witness it before somewhere in ilorin, that case na even 90k.
Re: The New Style Scammers Are Using by favour32(m): 2:15am On Jun 17, 2022
Azsalami:

sir, she might be saying the truth. Its real, i have witness it before somewhere in ilorin, that case na even 90k.
Ok.
But being extremely smart, a way to go when operating POS.
Any deposits or transfer,
get the cash first before any business.
Don't get involve in phone conversation related to POS business except that person is known to you.

3 Likes

Re: The New Style Scammers Are Using by Nobody: 2:21am On Jun 17, 2022
favour32:

Ok.
But being extremely smart, a way to go when operating POS.
Any deposits or transfer,
get the cash first before any business.
Don't get involve in phone conversation related to POS business except that person is known to you.
You are absolutely correct, she loose guard. Thats a costly mistake

1 Like

Re: The New Style Scammers Are Using by phenzy(m): 2:48am On Jun 17, 2022
onyee25:
Hello Nairalanders

This same thing happened to an elderly friend of mine last December. It seemed like he was hypnotized on phone. The same scenario played out.

1 Like

Re: The New Style Scammers Are Using by Dramadiddy(m): 7:03am On Jun 17, 2022
Better carry that person to police station so that money will come out
Re: The New Style Scammers Are Using by arthurwillia(m): 7:25am On Jun 17, 2022
onyee25:
Hello Nairalanders

This matter get as e be oo

From deposit to withdraw, sorry for your loss ehn
Re: The New Style Scammers Are Using by Blaqroman0000: 7:30am On Jun 17, 2022
You wan u scam theory scam us??
Re: The New Style Scammers Are Using by Jamesbiodun(m): 7:57am On Jun 17, 2022
Na the gurl go pay the money nah, which one is crocodile tears... This format has been long nah it's just that your sister don't know the logic, she supposed to have ask for money before sending any money to the scammer
Re: The New Style Scammers Are Using by Saao(m): 8:07am On Jun 17, 2022
onyee25:
Hello Nairalanders
you are a nice person. Same thing happened to my elder brother, he was arrested for it, they said he's one of the scammer, we later paid the money to the pos woman before he was released.
Re: The New Style Scammers Are Using by TeeGentle(m): 8:11am On Jun 17, 2022
Mkelv0106:
Abi na
Re: The New Style Scammers Are Using by jahlove4jah: 8:19am On Jun 17, 2022
Mkelv0106:

Either the OP is telling us a fake story or she is telling us an incomplete story.

Who provided the phone number of the beneficiary?

If the girl claims she doesn't know the account owner, why not keep her until someone comes for her?

I will be very mad with the POS owner if you allow the girl in question to walk away free only to come back here to tell us stories.

Please come back here and complete your story.

I take God beg you.
Re: The New Style Scammers Are Using by Clintifydan(m): 8:48am On Jun 17, 2022
ajekpaks:
something is missing about this story

Nothing is missing.. I have seen lots of them... most times people easily fall for rubbish scams grin
Re: The New Style Scammers Are Using by Nobody: 9:29am On Jun 17, 2022
Saao:
you are a nice person. Same thing happened to my elder brother, he was arrested for it, they said he's one of the scammer, we later paid the money to the pos woman before he was released.

What was your brother's story of the whole thing?
Re: The New Style Scammers Are Using by Rexymania(m): 9:47am On Jun 17, 2022
Arrest the girl. She go vomit the remaining culprit

onyee25:
Hello Nairalanders
Re: The New Style Scammers Are Using by 22o62021: 9:55am On Jun 17, 2022
This is why sabinus remains the most cr3ative

Start watching his comedies

He acted exactly this scenario in one of his skits.

You need to be wise

1 Like

Re: The New Style Scammers Are Using by Saao(m): 10:02am On Jun 17, 2022
AudioMonkey:

What was your brother's story of the whole thing?
same story the op gave about the little, it's more like juju kind of thing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Start A Fish Pond Business In Nigeria / How Reliable Is "Givers Link" / Which Bank Has The Best Naira To Dollar Conversion Rate For Foreign Transactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.