Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,167 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

Bianca Ojukwu Share Her Experience On Peter Obi Supposed Stinginess - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bianca Ojukwu Share Her Experience On Peter Obi Supposed Stinginess (2805 Views)

Bianca Ojukwu At Chukwuemeka Ezeife’s Burial / Bianca Ojukwu- No Apologies, Please. On Peter Obi’s Supposed ‘stinginess’.... / Peter Obi’s Stinginess Is Legendary – Chris Uba (Throwback) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bianca Ojukwu Share Her Experience On Peter Obi Supposed Stinginess by ObidientFC: 7:12pm On Jun 16, 2022
NO APOLOGIES, PLEASE.
On Peter Obi’s supposed ‘Stinginess’....

Sometime in 2009, ‘Mr’(as he preferred to be addressed) Peter Obi, Governor Of Anambra State at the time, visited Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu and myself at Dallas, Texas. He came to deliver a get well message from Dr Goodluck Jonathan and was billed to attend a black tie event at the Dallas Marriot.
Curiously, he flew into Dallas airport with one small carry on luggage which he insisted on wheeling around himself, and on getting to our residence requested to freshen up. He opened his carry on, filled with files and paperwork and a few toiletries and an extra shirt, when the Ikemba and I asked if he was expecting another item of luggage, and he said no.
‘Then, what will you be wearing to the event tonight?’, we inquired. It was at that point that it struck him that he couldn’t show up in his casuals at such a ceremony.

I insisted on taking him to the luxury men’s emporium at Nieman Marcus to buy a smart black suit. When we got there, he was busy doing the Dollar to Naira currency conversions. The suit that was a perfect match for him was a dapper Tom Ford suit with a price tag of 3,985 dollars plus tax. He did the calculations and told me ‘Do you know how many students this amount of money can train in Nigeria?’ I reminded him that he was the governor as well as the special guest, and for the caliber of guests expected at that evening’s occasion, including the mayor, senators and captains of conglomerates amongst others, he needed to be dressed in top form.

To cut the story short, he refused to pay what he termed ’that outrageous price’ for the Tom Ford suit and that was how we ended up at Steinmart where he agreed to pay a more acceptable price of 220 dollars, tax inclusive, for a basic men’s suit which he was happy to wear to that evening’s event.

What struck me, was that as we were on the way to the airport to see him off for his return flight back to Nigeria, he reached for his pocket where he brought out an envelope of crisp hundred dollar bills. The amount in the envelope was 3,800 dollars.
He said ‘ Anyanwu, this is the balance of the money I would have paid for the ‘Ford’ suit. If the label on the suit was ‘Peter Obi’, I am wondering if anybody in America will pay that amount for it. I have deducted the amount we paid for that suit we eventually bought. Please use this balance for your Charity foundation to help those in actual need. I trust you will do so’. We all laughed heartily. Vintage Peter Obi !

The eventual beneficiaries of that Largese were Madam Theresa Agbo, a yam seller who became penniless and displaced when her Yam shed was gutted by fire, Callistus Egbe who was bedridden due to illness, and needed help with the school fees of his young children, and the Mgbemena family of six who were thrown out of their one room accommodation (which we subsequently doubled to two rooms) because their breadwinner fell upon hard times and could no longer afford the rent.

In Life, You either live by your creed or you desecrate the mould by which the Almighty created you. Any progressive nation measures an individual by his values, not his vaults.
If this way of life is what is derided as ‘stinginess’ on the part of Peter Obi, then we all need to adopt this mould for a more sustainable and more humane environment.

Iyom Bianca Odumegwu Ojukwu
16 June 2022.

15 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Share Her Experience On Peter Obi Supposed Stinginess by endsarrrs(f): 7:12pm On Jun 16, 2022
grin
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Share Her Experience On Peter Obi Supposed Stinginess by IamWonderful: 7:12pm On Jun 16, 2022
What do we expect from a social worker, FFK well done, the same person that assaulted another woman for insulting her that we never see on her, well it still igbo's matter, Pandora Peter OBItuary will never be president, may GOD no allow us OBI-diently become Obi, Ezu river death will never be our portion in 2023 in Jesus name

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Share Her Experience On Peter Obi Supposed Stinginess by iCauseTrouble: 7:13pm On Jun 16, 2022
Nigerians are clamouring for change from our leaders, yet, they see a prudent man spending his money carefully, they call him stingy.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Share Her Experience On Peter Obi Supposed Stinginess by olasaad(f): 7:14pm On Jun 16, 2022
Wow what a good man smiley but the two Dollar men will not allow him to win.

11 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Share Her Experience On Peter Obi Supposed Stinginess by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:14pm On Jun 16, 2022
This man is desciplined

Peter Obi inherited so much wealth from his parents yet so humble and down to earth

I love this man

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Share Her Experience On Peter Obi Supposed Stinginess by Karlovych: 7:14pm On Jun 16, 2022
embarassed Amala and Ewedu propaganda cannot derail the OBIdient train, all the urchins can continue to deceive themselves regarding the capability of the drug baron.

Once they are done shouting Sai Drugnibu they will turn around and start looking for visas to flee the country because they know he is up to no good

16 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Share Her Experience On Peter Obi Supposed Stinginess by Bahamas95(m): 7:16pm On Jun 16, 2022
undecided
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Share Her Experience On Peter Obi Supposed Stinginess by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 16, 2022
"The suit that was a perfect match for him was a dapper Tom Ford suit with a price tag of 3,985 dollars plus tax. He did the calculations and told me ‘Do you know how many students this amount of money can train in Nigeria?’ I reminded him that he was the governor as well as the special guest, and for the caliber of guests expected at that evening’s occasion, including the mayor, senators and captains of conglomerates amongst others, he needed to be dressed in top form."

Obi is even Akagum to his very own self. A man of his caliber wearing $220 suit to where dignitaries are seated. Bianca should have told him to attend barefooted since he has legs and wont require a shoe. He could has well use that money to sponsor students to school.

Another name for stinginess should be Obi

Why is he driving a car and not trekking, since that money can sponsor so many student in Nigeria.

Akagum!
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Share Her Experience On Peter Obi Supposed Stinginess by Tinubufit: 7:17pm On Jun 16, 2022
Nice defense only if Nigerians still in black day.

2 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Share Her Experience On Peter Obi Supposed Stinginess by Massiveglory: 7:17pm On Jun 16, 2022
If we all as Nigerians irrespective of tribe, language, party affiliation, etc are really ready to take back our country from the mess it is and place it on the path of resurrection, Peter Obi is the man.

10 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Share Her Experience On Peter Obi Supposed Stinginess by Bahamas95(m): 7:19pm On Jun 16, 2022
I don't associate with 3categories of people.......

1. Proud

2. Dirty

3. Stingy

I dislike them with passion.
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Share Her Experience On Peter Obi Supposed Stinginess by Crixxx: 7:20pm On Jun 16, 2022
IamWonderful:
What do we expect from a social worker, FFK well done, the same person that assaulted another woman for insulting her that we never see on her, well it still igbo's matter, Pandora Peter OBItuary will never be president, may GOD no allow us OBI-diently become Obi, Ezu river death will never be our portion in 2023 in Jesus name

Your pain is sweetness to us, Oh bimpe you're damn sweet *kisses the coochie

12 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Share Her Experience On Peter Obi Supposed Stinginess by Crixxx: 7:20pm On Jun 16, 2022
Lanretoye:
What a story...but I want to know how many students he paid their fees when he was governor.mind you...

6 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Share Her Experience On Peter Obi Supposed Stinginess by RevolverOcelot(m): 7:21pm On Jun 16, 2022
cool This anecdote about our future President put a smile on my face.

7 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Share Her Experience On Peter Obi Supposed Stinginess by Dreal1247: 7:21pm On Jun 16, 2022
The man Peter Obi appears to come from another world. I bet you, some countries will like to hire him to lead them if Nigeria doesn't know his value. Though the career politicians won't like him. The youths even if not for anything, for supporting the Endsars, it's the time to make the best choice.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Share Her Experience On Peter Obi Supposed Stinginess by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 7:21pm On Jun 16, 2022
I taught people do say nah only ijebu-people stingy.
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Share Her Experience On Peter Obi Supposed Stinginess by Oziens: 7:22pm On Jun 16, 2022
IamWonderful:

Wow!!! What a man. Wish to imbibe this priceless creed of PO. Nigeria is so fortunate to have you, sir. May almighty God makes a Way, even when there seems to be no Way. So that the masses and generation unborn will be proud to be Nigerian.

6 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Share Her Experience On Peter Obi Supposed Stinginess by IamWonderful: 7:23pm On Jun 16, 2022
Crixxx:

Your pain is sweetness to us
Pain? Hehehehehe I don't share your heritage of disgruntlement, open your eye wide and see, I catching cruise and crushing Baby factory criminals
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Share Her Experience On Peter Obi Supposed Stinginess by Crixxx: 7:24pm On Jun 16, 2022
IamWonderful:
Pain? Hehehehehe I don't share your heritage of disgruntlement, open your eye wide and see, I catching cruise and crushing Baby factory criminals
You wail so sexy and you will cry till eternity because it's all pleasure

3 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Share Her Experience On Peter Obi Supposed Stinginess by IamWonderful: 7:26pm On Jun 16, 2022
Crixxx:
You wail so sexy
Hehehehehe mkpurumiri at work
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Share Her Experience On Peter Obi Supposed Stinginess by Babaken(m): 7:26pm On Jun 16, 2022
Nigeria take back your destiny from APC and PDP political looters.
Obi is a force
AM ON PETERSIDE

5 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Share Her Experience On Peter Obi Supposed Stinginess by abobote: 7:26pm On Jun 16, 2022
Stinginess is not a sin. Obi is just a prudent manager.

The only issue is that Obi should have stayed put in PDP. In Labour party, he will create awareness, waste his time and resources and return to square one
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Share Her Experience On Peter Obi Supposed Stinginess by Crixxx: 7:27pm On Jun 16, 2022
IamWonderful:
Hehehehehe mkpurumiri at work
Hahaha your daddy isn't here bimpe

1 Like

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Share Her Experience On Peter Obi Supposed Stinginess by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jun 16, 2022
E be like say Obi keleleke go work o, at least with this Story... I hope he can sign an undertaking not to borrow and increase our reserves to $100billion +

1 Like

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Share Her Experience On Peter Obi Supposed Stinginess by Lanretoye(m): 7:30pm On Jun 16, 2022
What a story...but I want to know how many students he paid their fees when he was governor.mind you,ashiwaju started the payment of waec fees for both indigenes and non in lagos state(almost a hundred thousands students).free primary and secondary education in lagos state too,courtesy of ashiwaju.this achievement he made in lagos state as far as education is concerned,also construction of modern mellineum schools in almost every local government through out the state.pls let some one that is constructive and reasonable give us the achievement of Peter obi in anambra state educational sector before we move to other determinants of performance.pls no one should come and argue like a nincompoop here,analyse with fact on track.
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Share Her Experience On Peter Obi Supposed Stinginess by IamWonderful: 7:31pm On Jun 16, 2022
Crixxx:

Hahaha your daddy isn't here bimpe
Oooooooh so says an imp with an eluding father
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Share Her Experience On Peter Obi Supposed Stinginess by Crixxx: 7:33pm On Jun 16, 2022
IamWonderful:
Oooooooh so says an imp with an eluding father
grin Ee pain am but Your dad isn't mine

2 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Share Her Experience On Peter Obi Supposed Stinginess by IamWonderful: 7:34pm On Jun 16, 2022
Crixxx:

Your dad isn't mine
Of course because, that is why yours isn't here as you have said. look for him
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Share Her Experience On Peter Obi Supposed Stinginess by Crixxx: 7:36pm On Jun 16, 2022
IamWonderful:
Of course because, that is yours isn't here as you have said. look for him
Talking crap after sipping rotten ewedu grin

2 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Share Her Experience On Peter Obi Supposed Stinginess by Crixxx: 7:37pm On Jun 16, 2022
IamWonderful:
Of course because, that is why yours isn't here as you have said. look for him

Doesn't even know when to punctuate. grin
A REAL URCHIN.

2 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Share Her Experience On Peter Obi Supposed Stinginess by IamWonderful: 7:38pm On Jun 16, 2022
Crixxx:

Talking crap after sipping rotten ewedu grin
Better than mkpurumiri addiction, deal with it

(1) (2) (Reply)

Labour Party Town Hall Meeting In Gombe(photos) / LAGOS BEFORE TINUBU: What You're Seeing Is Lagos During The Early 60s. / Labour Party Just Hit 10million Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.