Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,867 members, 7,802,798 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

No liee - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / No liee (1209 Views)

A Day At The Nigerian Embassy In New York - Let Us Laugh Together / Eko Atlantic - Nigeria's Answer To New York In Pics / New York Vs London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No liee by seedord247(m): 8:46pm On Jul 21, 2011
Yyyyyhyyyyyy
Re: No liee by chicagoboy: 9:04pm On Jul 21, 2011
Am in chicago,i can give you cloth but no accommodation.
Re: No liee by seedord247(m): 9:12pm On Jul 21, 2011
Yyyyyyyy
Re: No liee by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 21, 2011
what brought U to new york and where are U?
Re: No liee by seedord247(m): 9:46pm On Jul 21, 2011
Yyyyyyyyyu
Re: No liee by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jul 21, 2011
A gun was pointed at U at 42st /Port authority,(with all those cameras?) and the cops did nothing??

So u mean U left Lagos without any money whatsoever to cover any unforeseen events
Re: No liee by seedord247(m): 9:56pm On Jul 21, 2011
Yyyyyyyyyyy
Re: No liee by Bossman(m): 11:23pm On Jul 21, 2011
I am assuming Chicago is/was your final destination for your schooling. I will also assume you planned on living in the dormitory. If not, $400 would not have got you anywhere. Do you have a mobile phone that one can reach you on? If not, I would advice that you get a cheap prepaid phone quickly, with whatever money you have left. Then post the number here. So that those able and willing to help can contact you.
Re: No liee by seedord247(m): 11:39pm On Jul 21, 2011
Bossman:

I am assuming Chicago is/was your final destination for your schooling. I will also assume you planned on living in the dormitory. If not, $400 would not have got you anywhere. Do you have a mobile phone that one can reach you on? If not, I would advice that you get a cheap prepaid phone quickly, with whatever money you have left. Then post the number here. So that those able and willing to help can contact you.

thanks i will do that
Re: No liee by chicagoboy: 1:56am On Jul 22, 2011
get a phone asap and paste the number.
Re: No liee by Ayanfe22: 9:07pm On Jul 22, 2011
I just hope most of the people on the US student visa thread can see this,  If you are going to America or any other country where you don't have family, you should try to organize yourself better. I feel soo sorry for you because I knew you from the Us student visa thread. People kept saying if you have no money don't come to America. Quick question, are u on any form of assistantship? Because either ways, you will still need money when you get to school. If you haven't enrolled at all, I believe that you haven't paid accomodation or tuition. How do you plan to get insurance? Immunization and all d other things you should pay for?
I am so sorry this is happening and I know at least 6 months from now, you will be good to go. Sorry o. I pray you find help! Do u have any money to get a prepaid mobile phone? Who is the contact person from your school on your i20,  Contact this person.
Re: No liee by naggy: 10:54pm On Jul 22, 2011
@seedord247, if you see this post early enough and are still in NYC, send me your number so I can reach you alright. It's very hot today but I could take the pain to get out to you. Take it easy man.
Re: No liee by nairaspace: 11:12pm On Jul 22, 2011
nice one naggy!!

we fellow NLander!
Re: No liee by rabbits207: 11:19pm On Jul 22, 2011
@seedord247, Are you still in NYC? paste your number at least i still have 2 more days in NYC before i leave for New Orleans. I think i could be a help somehow, be good, and take it easy man!!
Re: No liee by omega25red(m): 1:02am On Jul 23, 2011
too bad im no longer in nyc i could have helped too. Well poster i hope they didn't take your documents

one thing you can do to get a bed to sleep in for the night is to walk to 30th street and 1st avenue. There they have the biggest men's shelter in the city. explain your situation to a caseworker there who is probably Nigerian and they will give you a place to sleep shower and some food to eat.
who knows they might even possibly help with getting you to your final destination.

i know this cause i worked in that shelter for 5 years hope that at least helps a bit.
Re: No liee by Nobody: 1:17am On Jul 23, 2011
seedord247:

The cops said i need to go and meet the police port authority bcus they are not the one handling those kind of case[b] i left lagos with almost 400 bucks[/b] but now only God can say

and somehow you THINK that was sufficient money?  grin Too many people putting their hands to the plow without counting the cost. You dont venture to a new country without making contacts FIRST. Let this be a lesson to the others here who think an F-1 visa is a passport to gold in america.
Re: No liee by Nobody: 1:21am On Jul 23, 2011
Wasnt this the same guy who posted about not having money 2 days ago? Now he was mugged? lol

(1) (Reply)

Switching From Psw To Husband (very Complex Situation Expert Analysis Required) / Funny Photos / Cheap Hotel In Ikorodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.