Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,645 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

Ikwerres Have Learnt A Hard Lesson - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikwerres Have Learnt A Hard Lesson (7912 Views)

I Learnt A Lot In Kuje Prison - Ex-Governor Nyame / Ikwerre Are Not Igbos, BRACED Counters Amaechi's Claim That Ikwerres Are Igbos / Wike To Ikwerres, Let No One Intimidate You, we’re Not 2nd Class Citizens(video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikwerres Have Learnt A Hard Lesson by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jun 16, 2022
It is safe to say that Ikwerres have reached their climax politically and after coming so close yet failed miserably. I wouldn't say it is a case of use and dump per se but something that was bound to happen.

Firstly, not a few people thought that Amaechi would be supported by Buhari to become president considering how loyal he has been to them. Even he Amaechi thought he was the anointed one until the last minute.

Secondly, Wike was over confident that he would emerge the PDP presidential candidate. They even hoped that both parties would field Ikwerre candidates. However, Wike also lost the presidential primaries to Atiku after spending billions of naira in pursuit of it.

Many felt that he would probably be compensated with the VP slot, but alas he was denied that too.

The basis that caused the failure of these two Ikwerre men when they were already very close to the trophy is what I will reveal today; the acrimonious relationship existing between them and Igbos!

Wike's unpopularity started after he sanctioned attack on Obigbo people in Rivers State. The anger was so much among the rest of Igbos that Wike instantly drew the battle line. Before that unfortunate incident, Igbos used to be his greatest supporters. Hausas and Fulanis never liked him and neither did Yorubas. However, he instantly became an orphan because Igbos turned from being his greatest supporters to his worst critics. Wike was left with just Rivers cash to back him up.

The betrayal of Tambuwal on the day of primaries may have been a sucker punch. But losing out on the VP ticket was the final straw.

Aside his rambunctious nature, Atiku would have considered Wike if had the support of Igbos. Atiku and his advisers realized that Wike had no other group behind him except his Ikwerre people of just 2/3 LGAs. However, Okowa has a cosy relationship with Igbos and the Anioma people also align with Igbos more often than not. There with Okowa, Atiku knew he could still hope to get some Igbo votes.

The case of ikwerres is akin to a butterfly that thought itself a bird. Soon Wike will hand over to an Ijaw or Opobo man. Amaechi will step down as minister. The fame they enjoyed is already over.

The Igbos may not be having it any better but as far as Igbos still own an entire region to themselves and also have a huge population, they will always be a force to reckon with in Nigeria.

This is a self inflicted injury and they have no one to blame except themselves. I hope the Ikwerres have learned their lesson, albeit the hard way.

77 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ikwerres Have Learnt A Hard Lesson by CreatorsHub: 10:32pm On Jun 16, 2022
if this is true, how come did Wike enjoy overwhelming votes from SE in the presidential primaries?

9 Likes

Re: Ikwerres Have Learnt A Hard Lesson by pinkPUSSY(f): 10:35pm On Jun 16, 2022
Assetinvestor:
It is safe to say that Ikwerres have reached their climax politically and after coming so close yet failed miserably. I wouldn't say it is a case of use and dump per se but something that was bound to happen.

Firstly, not a few people thought that Amaechi would be supported by Buhari to become president considering how loyal he has been to them. Even he Amaechi thought he was the anointed one until the last minute.

Secondly, Wike was over confident that he would emerge the PDP presidential candidate. They even hoped that both parties would field Ikwerre candidates. However, Wike also lost the presidential primaries to Atiku after spending billions of naira in pursuit of it.

Many felt that he would probably be compensated with the VP slot, but alas he was denied that too.

The basis that caused the failure of these two Ikwerre men when they were already very close to the trophy is what I will reveal today; the acrimonious relationship existing between them and Igbos!

Wike's unpopularity started after he sanctioned attack on Obigbo people in Rivers State. The anger was so much among the rest of Igbos that Wike instantly drew the battle line. Before that unfortunate incident, Igbos used to be his greatest supporters. Hausas and Fulanis never liked him and neither did Yorubas. However, he instantly became an orphan because Igbos turned from being his greatest supporters to his worst critics. Wike was left with just Rivers cash to back him up.

The betrayal of Tambuwal on the day of primaries may have been a sucker punch. But losing out on the VP ticket was the final straw.

Aside his rambunctious nature, Atiku would have considered Wike if had the support of Igbos. Atiku and his advisers realized that Wike had no other group behind him except his Ikwerre people of just 2/3 LGAs. However, Okowa has a cosy relationship with Igbos and the Anioma people also align with Igbos more often than not. There with Okowa, Atiku knew he could still hope to get some Igbo votes.

The case of ikwerres is akin to a butterfly that thought itself a bird. Soon Wike will hand over to an Ijaw or Opobo man. Amaechi will step down as minister. The fame they enjoyed is already over.

The Igbos may not be having it any better but as far as Igbos still own an entire region to themselves and also have a huge population, they will always be a force to reckon with in Nigeria.

This is a self inflicted injury and they have no one to blame except themselves. I hope the Ikwerres have learned their lesson, albeit the hard way.

I don't know the ethinic group that have PDP governorship ticket in Rivers.. But if such man didn't distance himself from Wike despite being his boss, another party is likely to win Rivers...

Wike is fighting almost all ethnic groups in Rivers and in SS and at the same time shouting "We are Niger Delta" all in a bid to keep pushing his dead agenda ...

I think he has learnt his lesson in a bitter way..

As for Amechi... I don't think people have problem with him ... He's just like an average Nig politician...

Wike is the problem, and he's a yoruba PDP candidate cheesy

34 Likes

Re: Ikwerres Have Learnt A Hard Lesson by derecho(m): 10:38pm On Jun 16, 2022
Don't you think money played a major role?
CreatorsHub:
if this is true, how come did Wike enjoy overwhelming votes from SE in the presidential primaries?

20 Likes

Re: Ikwerres Have Learnt A Hard Lesson by AlexBells(m): 10:40pm On Jun 16, 2022
pinkPUSSY:

I don't know the ethinic group that had PDP governorship ticket in Rivers.. But if such man didn't distance himself from Wike despite being his boss, another party is likely to win Rivers...

Wike is fighting almost all ethnic groups in Rivers and in SS and at the same time shouting "We are Niger Delta" all in a bid to keep pushing his dead agenda ...

I think he has leant his lesson in a bitter way..

As for Amechi... I don't think people have problem with him ... He's just like an average Nig politician...

Amechi could have gone further if he was more serious about his Igboness, he could have been more serious with Ohaneze, attend Igbo meetings, work with Kalu and the rest of Igbo APC members, they could not have abandoned him, and since he is likely the president's heart, he could have at least put up a better fight, the fact is that South South Igbos don't know what they sre missing by distancing from South East Igbos, Ikwerre does not even qualify as a minority but the Igbo is a majority no matter how you look at it.

As for Wike, forget the drunkard Rivers Man, he's a Benin man, Ikwerre would eventually understand the Igbo effect.

38 Likes

Re: Ikwerres Have Learnt A Hard Lesson by mystery22: 10:44pm On Jun 16, 2022
If the ikwerres like let them learn their lesson,the fact will remain that they are a tiny minority local govt,even the ijaws and akwa iboms have more stake in South south than them and by the time other tribes in rivers take over the leadership of river state their eyes will open more...
From obaseki to atiku to tambuwal and now okowa,chai they really dealt with wike

34 Likes

Re: Ikwerres Have Learnt A Hard Lesson by Armaggedon: 10:46pm On Jun 16, 2022
His biggest worry should be the enemies he has made for himself who will come after him immediately he loses immunity.
Ethnic groups in Rivers state like Ogoni whom he insulted and mrginalised
Traditional rulers
Amaechi and his men
Efcc
Unknown Gunmen
Obigbo people that he killed and marginalized at will
Hausa Fulani that he fought and insulted
Fellow governors and politicians he fought

He will learn the hard way

35 Likes

Re: Ikwerres Have Learnt A Hard Lesson by AlexBells(m): 10:51pm On Jun 16, 2022
Armaggedon:
His biggest worry should be the enemies he has made for himself who will come after him immediately he loses immunity.
Ethnic groups in Rivers state like Ogoni whom he insulted and mrginalised
Traditional rulers
Amaechi and his men
Efcc
Unknown Gunmen
Obigbo people that he killed and marginalized at will
Hausa Fulani that he fought and insulted
Fellow governors and politicians he fought

He will learn the hard way
It is just the glory of power keeping him afloat, who really have time for that drunkard, I bet is only EFCC thst would remember him after his tenure sef

13 Likes

Re: Ikwerres Have Learnt A Hard Lesson by Thoh(m): 10:55pm On Jun 16, 2022
pinkPUSSY:

I don't know the ethinic group that have PDP governorship ticket in Rivers.. But if such man didn't distance himself from Wike despite being his boss, another party is likely to win Rivers...

I think he has learnt his lesson in a bitter way..

PDP is Ijaw

1 Like

Re: Ikwerres Have Learnt A Hard Lesson by Thoh(m): 10:57pm On Jun 16, 2022
AlexBells:

Benin don't want Niger Delta Republic so you Yorubas can have your Disgruntled Messiah Wike lead Oduduwa

Nothing like Niger Delta Republic

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerres Have Learnt A Hard Lesson by AlexBells(m): 11:00pm On Jun 16, 2022
Thoh:

Nothing like Niger Delta Republic
Okay sorry Sir, I was just responding to a poster that talked about Niger Delta Republic, whichever Republican it is then, if you guys are want Wike, you can have him as your Ogogoro minister, however he may go for Asylum in Benin Kingdom

1 Like

Re: Ikwerres Have Learnt A Hard Lesson by Afamed: 11:02pm On Jun 16, 2022
CreatorsHub:

Stop your lies. South East didn't vote for Wike during the PDP primary. SE voted for Atilku$

120 Likes

Re: Ikwerres Have Learnt A Hard Lesson by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jun 16, 2022
AlexBells:

Benin don't want Niger Delta Republic so you Yorubas can have your Disgruntled Messiah Wike lead Oduduwa
Today: Leferendum
Tomorrow: Get your PVC

Desperate Dotians Normadic Unity Beggers.

Una must carry una Biafra passport alone.

No body wan join Ibo in any thing in any way in any form.

See below Cameroon took off from Nigeria because of Ibo toxicity and these same Ibos want Niger Deltans to carry with them the drug infested passport of Biafra (a country without map).

Igbo, STAND ON YOUR OWN.

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ikwerres Have Learnt A Hard Lesson by AlexBells(m): 11:06pm On Jun 16, 2022
jerseyboy:

See below Cameroon took off from Nigeria because of Ibo toxicity and these same Ibos want Niger Deltans to carry with them the drug infested passport of Biafra (a country without map).

Igbo, STAND ON YOUR OWN.
Na your turn to take off oo, Nigeria belongs to Igbos, anyone that dont like it should pack and leave, you never seen me shouting referendum, I'm a unionist AKA Zikist, now go check if there's rat poison for your flying monkey

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikwerres Have Learnt A Hard Lesson by AlexBells(m): 11:06pm On Jun 16, 2022
jerseyboy:

Igbo, STAND ON YOUR OWN.
Na your turn to take off oo, Nigeria belongs to Igbos, anyone that dont like it should pack and leave, you never seen me shouting referendum, I'm a unionist AKA Zikist, now go check if there's rat poison for your fallen monkey

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikwerres Have Learnt A Hard Lesson by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jun 16, 2022
Thoh:

Nothing like Niger Delta Republic.

Ijaws are for Ijaw Republic.
Free yourself first from Ibo aggression. Ibo wars are coming to the Niger Delta after Yoruba exit from Nigeria. Prepare for Ibo territorial wars. Ibo envy of Yoruba landmass and sea access will lead them to march Southward and Westward. You have been forewarned.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerres Have Learnt A Hard Lesson by AlexBells(m): 11:11pm On Jun 16, 2022
jerseyboy:

Free yourself first from Ibo aggression. Ibo wars are coming to the Niger Delta after Yoruba exit from Nigeria. Prepare for Ibo territorial wars. Ibo envy of Yoruba landmass and sea access will lead them to march Southward and Westward. You have been forewarned.
Look at this f0000, if we are thirsty for territory as you think, we shall first seize Lagos the no man's land, we know what's ours in Niger Delta and no inch of Igboland shall be left behind

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ikwerres Have Learnt A Hard Lesson by Thoh(m): 11:13pm On Jun 16, 2022
AlexBells:

Look at this f0000, if we are thirsty for territory as you think, we shall first seize Lagos the no man's land, we know what's ours in Niger Delta and no inch of Igboland shall be left behind
And no inch of Ijaw land will be ceded to Igbo because Igbo land is landlocked.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Ikwerres Have Learnt A Hard Lesson by Thoh(m): 11:15pm On Jun 16, 2022
jerseyboy:

Igbos are not larger than Ijaw in population.

They cannot fight Ijaw. They are below Ijaw.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Ikwerres Have Learnt A Hard Lesson by AlexBells(m): 11:15pm On Jun 16, 2022
Thoh:
And no inch of Ijaw land will be ceded to Igbo because Igbo land is landlocked.
We shall see who is landlocked and who shall hug the sea, there is no need dragging, all the the territorial waters as at today belongs to Nigeria let it divide first we shall know the mode of division and see who is landlocked, you cannot even landlocked Kaduna for a start talk more of Igbos with many Rivers and Sea situated Islands.

5 Likes

Re: Ikwerres Have Learnt A Hard Lesson by Thoh(m): 11:18pm On Jun 16, 2022
AlexBells:

We shall see who is landlocked and how shall hug the sea, there is no need dragging, all the the territorial waters as at today belongs to Nigeria let it divide first we shall know the mode of division and see who is landlocked, you cannot even landlocked Kaduna for a start talk more of Igbos with many Rivers and Sea situated Islands.

Mumu don't even know what landlocked is.
This shows that you know nothing.
Landlocked means u cannot access the ocean without passing other peoples territory thereby you guys begging Ijaw Republic forever to use our coasts for your goods and you will pay very high rents for it and that's if we ever allow it.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikwerres Have Learnt A Hard Lesson by AlexBells(m): 11:20pm On Jun 16, 2022
Thoh:

Mumu don't even know what landlocked is.
This shows that you know nothing.
Landlocked means u cannot access the ocean without passing other peoples territory thereby you guys begging Ijaw Republic forever to use our coasts for your goods and you will pay very high rents for it and that's if we ever allow it.
Do we pass your territory in Opobo or Bonny, this fool never seen a thing, your prayer should be that Nigeria don't divide otherwise you would see bloodbath

6 Likes

Re: Ikwerres Have Learnt A Hard Lesson by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jun 16, 2022
Thoh:

Igbos are not larger than Ijaw in population.

They cannot fight Ijaw. They are below Ijaw.
I hope so. Many other smaller nationalities in the Niger delta are depending on Ijaws for defense against Ibos. Ibos are coming. Ibos are DESPERATE.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerres Have Learnt A Hard Lesson by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jun 16, 2022
AlexBells:

Focus on your Skull mining Oduduwa please, Igbo envy is what's killing you, focus on your place, you did not hear Itsekiri mentioned anywhere, you Yorubas has no business in the East. Afonjas go and collect back Ilorin instead of killing yourself on Igbo matter
E pain am.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerres Have Learnt A Hard Lesson by AlexBells(m): 11:28pm On Jun 16, 2022
jerseyboy:

I hope so. Many other smaller nationalities in the Niger delta are depending on Ijaws for defense against Ibos. Ibos are coming. Ibos are DESPERATE.
Most of them are depending on Igbos to defend them against Ijaws, for instance Ibom, Cross, are with us, we got no qualms.

5 Likes

Re: Ikwerres Have Learnt A Hard Lesson by AlexBells(m): 11:29pm On Jun 16, 2022
jerseyboy:

E pain am.
E pain me or e pain you, you lost Ilorin and you are here advising another on how not to lose what's not theirs lol, if you can't stand up to Fulanis, I wonder how you think the Ijaws can stand up to the Igbos

4 Likes

Re: Ikwerres Have Learnt A Hard Lesson by Thoh(m): 11:36pm On Jun 16, 2022
AlexBells:

Do we pass your territory in Opobo or Bonny, this fool never seen a thing, your prayer should be that Nigeria don't divide otherwise you77 would see bloodbath

You are a fool

Igbos don't match Ijaw in physical battle you are too weak to face militants.

Bonny and Opobo are Ijaws claim it online from now till forever, the physical one remains that they are Ijaw

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigeria's Challenges "Dawn Of A New Beginning" - Osinbajo / Th / How States Withdrew N593.1bn From Federation Account In Q1 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.