Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,202 members, 7,807,681 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

Nigerian Entertainers: Stoking The Flame Of Immorality - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Entertainers: Stoking The Flame Of Immorality (29675 Views)

Ned Nwoko Hosts Coalition Of Nigerian Entertainers To Lunch / Maryam Charles: Nigerian entertainers are too broke for me / Daddy Freeze Calls Out Nigerian Entertainers Who Buy Fake Watches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Entertainers: Stoking The Flame Of Immorality by Cousin9999: 12:17am On Jun 18, 2022
The entertainers are a product of their environment.

And instead of complaining, support good things, good people, and create solutions.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Entertainers: Stoking The Flame Of Immorality by thatigboman1: 12:19am On Jun 18, 2022
Two02:
Honestly the entertainment industry has suceeded in promoting unhealthy societal values from drugs and nudity to internet fraud. Even artistes who claim to teach societal value and emancipation from mental slavery swith their lyrics still lead an unhealthy lifestyle. Next in entertainment industry is the comedy industry it's no longer comedy nowadays but an avenue to sexualize themselves.

Comedies no longer make people laugh but creates an avenue for perverted human beings to satisfy their sexual curiosity. Artistes now release sex tapes to promote their artistry. The music and comedry industry has been infiltrated by talentless individuals who now claim to be musicians and comedians to create avenue to spend and clean their dirty money without fear of anti grafts agencies.

The entertainment industry is plagued with mediocrity, it no longer celebrate Good talent and artistry, but mediocrity, moral and sexual immorality.
@ bolded, u mean like tiwa savage?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Entertainers: Stoking The Flame Of Immorality by Awesome007(m): 12:37am On Jun 18, 2022
Most Nigeria music are not airworthy trash from A to Z. The rate of menace its has cause in our society is on a high side.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Entertainers: Stoking The Flame Of Immorality by Bbbw: 12:37am On Jun 18, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Nigerian Entertainers: Stoking The Flame Of Immorality by Nobody: 12:57am On Jun 18, 2022
inoki247:
lol na musician and artist teach Nigeria aw to Bypass dere electricity meter abi...

You will see a so called pastor bypassing a prepaid meter...

People wey don dey corrupt nd dey immoral buh u dey find ways to look for someone to pin dere sin on....

Leave them alone. Bloody hypocrites everywhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Entertainers: Stoking The Flame Of Immorality by swissgoldenpro3: 1:42am On Jun 18, 2022
My own is that the level of Nudity has gone out of hand

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Entertainers: Stoking The Flame Of Immorality by dragunov: 2:09am On Jun 18, 2022
Hashimyussufamao:
Nigerian Entertainers: Stoking The Flame Of Immorality

Hashim Yussuf Amao, Ibadan

Hashim Yussuf Amao
Twitter: @LegalBard

https://thenationonlineng.net/nigerian-entertainers-stoking-the-flame-of-immorality/

We need more of this guy, social and moral critics who would make critiques of trends in the society so that people, especially the youth, would be steered back to normalcy.
Re: Nigerian Entertainers: Stoking The Flame Of Immorality by dragunov: 2:38am On Jun 18, 2022
Two02:
Honestly the entertainment industry has suceeded in promoting unhealthy societal values from drugs and nudity to internet fraud. Even artistes who claim to teach societal value and emancipation from mental slavery swith their lyrics still lead an unhealthy lifestyle. Next in entertainment industry is the comedy industry it's no longer comedy nowadays but an avenue to sexualize themselves.

Comedies no longer make people laugh but creates an avenue for perverted human beings to satisfy their sexual curiosity. Artistes now release sex tapes to promote their artistry. The music and comedry industry has been infiltrated by talentless individuals who now claim to be musicians and comedians to create avenue to spend and clean their dirty money without fear of anti grafts agencies.

The entertainment industry is plagued with mediocrity, it no longer celebrate Good talent and artistry, but mediocrity, moral and sexual immorality.

You're right! Go and study every hit track of Olamide. You will be shocked at the decline in decency that those songs portend. While the average youth with vacuous minds won't recognize the trend, a more ponderous individual would notice that the above mentioned artist uses his songs to influence the mindset of his fans by planting subliminal messages about social vices. For example, Olamide boasted of being raised by the street and before you know it, every youth, including those who went to Corona, began talking about being raised on the street, as if the home no longer serves as a safe haven for all round development and success. He sang about having goons who had his back and defended him with "bajinatu" (guns). This was a subliminal messages encouraging gangsterism and street cultism. Before we knew it, every youth, began addressing their friends as goons, accepted being called goons and prided themselves in it while seemingly oblivious to the true meaning of the word. All because Olamide sang about it. The "Bashira Ketan" song was designed to make rape and sexual vices a norm. "Ọmọ Abule Sowo" was an eulogy to land grabbers. We can continue on and on about Olamide's songs and we will continue to identify the subliminal message on each theme. What about "Ilefo Illuminati" ( The ascension of Illuminati)? What do you think he was trying to say? Now we have the latest set of vicious lyrics from him when he did "collabo" with Portable. People of all age range love singing it without realizing that the minds of the next generation have been molded to believe that wickedness and lack of empathy is cool.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Entertainers: Stoking The Flame Of Immorality by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:40am On Jun 18, 2022
How "Kala, Daju, Wuwa Ika" (Stay aggressive, vicious, and perpetrate wickedness) emits the mouth of a musician who meant well for the society beats one's imagination.
Laudable it is, that few among these artistes pass awesome messages, address societal issues and make giant waves across the world, but the vast majority sing to inculcate bad morals.
No good message, no morals. Just vibes, beats and bushwah.

Cyber faud has become latent among Nigerian youths. Nigeria loses about $500m yearly to cybercrime, according to the Nigerian Communications Commission. Sadly, this accounts for 0.08 percent of the country’s Gross Domestic Product. A major contribution to this: bad music! Songs like 'Cashapp' by Bella Shmurda, 'Living Things' by 9ice, 'Am I Yahoo Boy' by Naira Marley and all sorts have all preached nothing but cyber fraud to (un)suspecting youths.
The ban summoned on these songs by the National Broadcasting Cooperation (NBC) could only curtail their play over the air, the songs have done great numbers over streaming platforms.
The more the listeners, the more potential cyber criminals.
There are hundreds of these immoral songs released weekly and monthly by Nigerian artistes, little wonder the pride of most youths now rides on cyber fraud.

Like the Gombe State 16-year-old Gabriel Michael who was apprehended for cybercrime on September 4, 2019, and revealed he was inspired by the music and lifestyle of Naira Marley. Hear him: "The lifestyle of Naira Marley, the way he spends money, influenced me. Marley talks about being a Yahoo boy (cyber fraudster).
My addiction to computer started at the age of seven." Millions of Michael have slipped off track, no thanks to indecent Nigerian songs.
The ripple effects of Nigerian Musicians over youths, indeed, pose a grave concern.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Entertainers: Stoking The Flame Of Immorality by justmondris: 4:35am On Jun 18, 2022
Haylel:
Throwin' morality outta the window, I'll say Yahoo helped curb robbery and savage cultist clashes. Now, all 'em "rugged" are busy making money through cybercrime and flexin' on Tiktok, no one is interested in robbin' with gun or fighting for some cult.

On the dark side of the note, fetish acts are being normalized. Back then, if anyone heard you were into anything fetish, everyone would distance themselves from you. Now, visiting Baba's houses to get potent charm soap is like buying Dettol cool from aboki - it's been normalized.

In 2030, this will be the norm

Chase: I been wan use my mama before but I dey pity the woman.

OG wire: Mtcheeeew... Use your gf then. Then the next one, mama go don enjoy enough, you fit use her renew.

Chase: True boss, e be like say na my gf I go use.

[30 days later...]
Chase's gf: (Thin as a broom due to ritual effect will post on Tiktok) "Gave my boyfriend my glory, and he's making the mulla for us. Love you boo, till death do us apart.

Some sane ones will kick against her post, but other girls will back her saying "It's her choice, stop shaming her. Live and let live".

But the same yahoo has caused a tremendous increase in rituals
Re: Nigerian Entertainers: Stoking The Flame Of Immorality by Lucymercy: 4:59am On Jun 18, 2022
[color=#006600][/color]
Skyfornia:
Omo to be honest... I didn't read the post. I think this is my first time dropping a comment on a post I didn't read.. make una no vex, the person below might read and explain.
Read yourself it will do a lot of good
Re: Nigerian Entertainers: Stoking The Flame Of Immorality by DipWire: 4:59am On Jun 18, 2022
Get a chance to work and earn 75,000 Naira by just working from home every month

Earn 75,000 Naira writing articles working from home

This project is flexible for full time workers. Just 3-4 hours of work activity per day is all you need to do this, so it's suitable for 9-5ers

Hurry up and apply today

Send in your application. My WhatsApp contact - Zero Seven Zero Five Four Zero One Fourteen Fifty-Four

Good Luck
Re: Nigerian Entertainers: Stoking The Flame Of Immorality by Nobody: 5:32am On Jun 18, 2022
I don't listen to music, or value art post 2010, there was a time artist spoke against vices in society, against bad governance.

Listening to was not just entertaining but educative and inspirational.

Our current crop of artist encourage all sorts of vices, dumb down the youth of today.

Thanks to them we no longer have leaders for tomorrow, that's why we shall continue to have old farts as leaders, the fact is the future generation can't even fill their shoes.

All they care about is money, sex and drugs.
Re: Nigerian Entertainers: Stoking The Flame Of Immorality by Ishilove: 5:35am On Jun 18, 2022
They will not read, they will comment trash and keep living like godless heathens. I gave up on Nigerian music and stop listening to them. I don't even listen to much contemporary music in general. Too much soul hurting garbage in circulation.
Re: Nigerian Entertainers: Stoking The Flame Of Immorality by GUNITGuy: 6:33am On Jun 18, 2022
GoodMuyis:
Deeper Life vindicated again
When we talk about Christian moderation, they will say we are judging and practising the law
Those who fought Deeper Life church in 90s and early 2000 for not giving women liberty are regretting it now with the scandals they are dealing with.......
Daddy Kumuyi was very right honestly many are already hooked looking for a Savior
Re: Nigerian Entertainers: Stoking The Flame Of Immorality by BRATISLAVA: 6:38am On Jun 18, 2022
This is the thing that limits Africans.
Re: Nigerian Entertainers: Stoking The Flame Of Immorality by Flamemignon1(m): 6:41am On Jun 18, 2022
meobizy:
Yawn. I did not read. Another journalist flexing his skill from boredom.
Look at the person he even cited in the article. Of all people Marilyn Manson? The same Marilyn whose songs are a milestone for kids to get high, someone who said he wants to f.uck Madonna's 15 year old daughter?.....yea I think he should research more before citing someone as a moral compass

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Entertainers: Stoking The Flame Of Immorality by Saneebayo: 6:42am On Jun 18, 2022
vasel15:
Nigeria is not an Islamic Republic
Are u saying Christianity promote immorality..??
Just asking though..
Re: Nigerian Entertainers: Stoking The Flame Of Immorality by Akinpresident: 6:46am On Jun 18, 2022
Justinlean02:
Spot on, was lucky to stay amongst folks with eye for great music and I can confirm to y'all that Brymo is so very underated, dudes a living Legend in his own making.

Let's get this movement rolling wink

Contribute money for you to go and spend on drugs and women?
Re: Nigerian Entertainers: Stoking The Flame Of Immorality by rajiedreez: 7:04am On Jun 18, 2022
They'd say it's freedom of expression
Re: Nigerian Entertainers: Stoking The Flame Of Immorality by theamazonguru(m): 7:09am On Jun 18, 2022
Sergio101:
shocked

Mr marcroni left the group chat

He goes nowhere.
We just used Army to bring him back by force.
He needs to be served his breakfast.

Accept Jesus today.
He loves you
Re: Nigerian Entertainers: Stoking The Flame Of Immorality by ThatsONYI: 7:30am On Jun 18, 2022
shocked

Do you support music artists like me, who make real and a different style of music? Stop complaining without working.

Here's my song; (I'm an Hip hop artist btw)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvDu1eSabvA
Re: Nigerian Entertainers: Stoking The Flame Of Immorality by preciousfeb(m): 7:31am On Jun 18, 2022
Hashimyussufamao:

Hashim Yussuf Amao

https://thenationonlineng.net/nigerian-entertainers-stoking-the-flame-of-immorality/

Something is brewing. Politicians are working to discredit the entertainment industry seeing that they are with the youths for 2023. When the industry was making Nigeria proud in the global screen, nobody wrote about the wrongs in it. Fear Politicians
Re: Nigerian Entertainers: Stoking The Flame Of Immorality by Jungleluv5: 7:36am On Jun 18, 2022
vasel15:
Nigeria is not an Islamic Republic
so what are you trying to say here. You mean immoral act is good for Nigeria I think you need to check ur brain
Re: Nigerian Entertainers: Stoking The Flame Of Immorality by Jungleluv5: 7:40am On Jun 18, 2022
Music has been buried since 90s and music now is rubbish, nonsense no moral teaching again in Nigeria music
Re: Nigerian Entertainers: Stoking The Flame Of Immorality by omoluka: 7:50am On Jun 18, 2022
This country is gradually and surrepticiously tilting towards an Islamic state
Re: Nigerian Entertainers: Stoking The Flame Of Immorality by Justinlean02(m): 8:04am On Jun 18, 2022
Akinpresident:

Contribute money for you to go and spend on drugs and women?
wasn't aware that's all money does shocked
Re: Nigerian Entertainers: Stoking The Flame Of Immorality by Arielle: 8:25am On Jun 18, 2022
Reallysimple:
The people, their culture, their values and beliefs are a product of their collective psyche.

These songs are only popular because the reflect the current state of morality in the country. Not the other way round.
Thank you. Let us not forget to lay some blame at parents and how they raise their children. Parents don't spend time with their children, getting to know them and the friends they hang around with. Too busy chasing money or being 'woke' to instill discipline. Mothers are sexualizing their daughters by dressing them like mini adults, taking their pictures with overtly provocative poses and posting them online, all in the bid to be seen as fashionable or to give their daughters what they didn't have growing up. Fathers, stop leaving your children for only their mothers to raise. Show your son how to be a man by example. Show your daughter how to set standards for the man she chooses by your example. Mothers, be an example to your daughters for her to set high standards of self-respect for herself. All these artistes with dirty songs, fake lifestyles and half naked bodies are products of their upbringing. Don't look to entertainers, who may not have had good role models themselves, to be role models for your children.
Re: Nigerian Entertainers: Stoking The Flame Of Immorality by Aidejay(m): 8:40am On Jun 18, 2022
Ok, the author had a point. I agree with him/her on some level.

But as a creator myself lemme just add that

Those songs are the most consumed music in the country, they are faster paced, high tempo, rhythm and vibe.

They're the club bangers, street anthems and social gyrates.

And due to the current sonic pallette of an average Nigerian music listener. Who are more accustomed to playing dance able tracks than the soft and lyrically tuned ballads and soul music they hit.

Nigerians don't want to or at least care to promote or appreciate music that is focused on uplifting and empowerment.

Except Gospel. Which has become a niche nowadays.

And it has a lot to do with the music being promoted rather than the music being churned out.

I tell you there is an equal number of great "moral" music being released daily, but guess who will get most radio airplay? Or TV airplay or DJ spins, or mentions on Social media. The ones that have all the slangs and jibes and beats and groove.

Asa
Darey
Johnny drille
Brymo
Lady Donli
Simi
Femi Kuti, Made Kuti
Among many others.

Release music typically every week. But guess what, ALMOST 0 airplay, 0 hype, 0 social media impressions, 0 Everything.

If you were a creator/promoter, what will you do? Release a faster paced jam that appeals to the audience or dig your foot in and loose commercial relevance?

Thank Goodness for the outliers that have managed to blur the line a little bit, delivering faster paced jams but with sensible, sometimes morally tenable lyrics.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Entertainers: Stoking The Flame Of Immorality by Yemimovich(m): 8:57am On Jun 18, 2022
This issue is everywhere around the globe.
When an artiste makes a good song, he or she don't get returns financially due to poor airing, lack of concerts, and it becomes a wasted effort. But, when dirty songs are produced, the populace appreciates them. Boom, money starts coming in for the artistes and the rest is history.
The society is the problem of what these artistes deliver.

When Olamide delivered Carpe Diem and UY Scuti, most of you guys refused to appreciate him, but when he delivered most projects earlier, the whole place was thrown into frenzies.

Hashimyussufamao:

Hashim Yussuf Amao

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osita Iheme Spotted With Gov Rochas Okorocha Of Imo State(pic) / Nina Ivy Looking So Gorgeous In Corporate Outfit / BBNaija Season 6 Finalists On The Cover Of ThisDay Style Magazine (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.