Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

Graphic Designers Of Nairaland, How Do You Guys Get Clients? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Graphic Designers Of Nairaland, How Do You Guys Get Clients? (668 Views)

Tips For Graphic Designers & Clients / List Of The Best Cost Effective Laptops For Graphic Designers And Developers / Whatsapp Group For Professional, Mobile Photographers And Graphic Designers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Graphic Designers Of Nairaland, How Do You Guys Get Clients? by Truzee009(m): 2:49pm On Jun 17, 2022
Abeg make una help me. I've been designing for quite a while now, well over 3 years. I just got into the freelancing space and I'm a little lost when it comes to getting work. I've seen a lot of posts and videos that mention fiverr and all that but I haven't gotten any luck with those freelance sites. How do you guys get clients, both local and international? If you want to see some of my work to judge please let me know, I've lost a lot of it due to technical issues but I've got a few I could present. Thank you.
Re: Graphic Designers Of Nairaland, How Do You Guys Get Clients? by Hannaleeyah(f): 8:04pm On Jun 17, 2022
Truzee009:
Abeg make una help me. I've been designing for quite a while now, well over 3 years. I just got into the freelancing space and I'm a little lost when it comes to getting work. I've seen a lot of posts and videos that mention fiverr and all that but I haven't gotten any luck with those freelance sites. How do you guys get clients, both local and international? If you want to see some of my work to judge please let me know, I've lost a lot of it due to technical issues but I've got a few I could present. Thank you.

I get mine from some Facebook groups,both local and international groups,then Twitter, nairaland, through referrals, through targeted ads I run(but for this,you need to master running ads on Facebook so perfectly),so you don't waste your money, but referrals has really been so helpful.
Re: Graphic Designers Of Nairaland, How Do You Guys Get Clients? by erad(m): 8:26pm On Jun 17, 2022
Hannaleeyah:

All I see is the lack of monetization skills, which is something very important when it comes to wanting to make money big time..

Probably you self learn the skill? Or you learnt it from someone not to be called a tutor angry

See, there are several ways you can monetize that graphic design skill, Not talking about Fiverr ,Upwork whatever this time, because ,for me ,years back when I was about starting freelancing, I tried and tried a lot to get work from these sites but , it was just a waste of time..Besides sef,before one'd be able to get high paying clients on that site ehn, you'd have reached some level..

I had to begin sorting for another several ways then, and, those platforms are my surest plug presently.. so, getting a foreign client isn't hard,if you know the right process.

Saying so much and still passing absolutely no message across.

Get off your high horse and assist the young man if you can rather than the unnecessary bragging.
Re: Graphic Designers Of Nairaland, How Do You Guys Get Clients? by Jh0wsef(m): 9:16pm On Jun 17, 2022
erad:

Get off your high horse and assist the young man if you can rather than the unnecessary bragging.

Lol. I weak bruh
Re: Graphic Designers Of Nairaland, How Do You Guys Get Clients? by Jh0wsef(m): 9:19pm On Jun 17, 2022
I get my clients from referrals. but most clients initially came from nairaland. I don't post like i used to on my design thread, because work choke for now. lol
So anytime i need to source a new client. I advertise my service on nairaland. but just be good at what you do, you'll get referrals. If you're lucky, from the well to do clients, they have a chain. a rich would definitely refer a rich. And you keep doing well for yourself smiley
Works for me!

2 Likes

Re: Graphic Designers Of Nairaland, How Do You Guys Get Clients? by Hannaleeyah(f): 10:20pm On Jun 17, 2022
erad:

You see it as bragging,but the wise see it as enlightenment.
Re: Graphic Designers Of Nairaland, How Do You Guys Get Clients? by erad(m): 10:35pm On Jun 17, 2022
Hannaleeyah:

You see it as bragging,but the wise see it as enlightenment.

Lol... Who is this one?
Pack well abeg.

If you like get clients from heaven,
that's your business.

Nah everybody sabi where shoe dey pain am.
Respect others regardless of how better off you delusionally might think you are.
The fact that you don't tells me the kind of person you are and that's all I need.

Have fun.
Re: Graphic Designers Of Nairaland, How Do You Guys Get Clients? by Truzee009(m): 12:01pm On Jun 19, 2022
Jh0wsef:
I get my clients from referrals. but most clients initially came from nairaland. I don't post like i used to on my design thread, because work choke for now. lol
So anytime i need to source a new client. I advertise my service on nairaland. but just be good at what you do, you'll get referrals. If you're lucky, from the well to do clients, they have a chain. a rich would definitely refer a rich. And you keep doing well for yourself smiley
Works for me!
Okay, thanks. Haven't tried nairaland yet, I'll give it a shot.

(1) (Reply)

Boost Your Business Growth / Freelance Graphic Designer Available / Don't Click On The Link

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.