Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:59 AM

Labour Party Names Doyin Okupe As VP Candidate - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labour Party Names Doyin Okupe As VP Candidate (58570 Views)

Labour Party May Change Okupe As Obi’s Campaign DG / Nigerians React As Labour Party Names Doyin Okupe As VP Candidate / Atiku Reveals Reasons For Picking Okowa As VP Candidate (Full Speech) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Labour Party Names Doyin Okupe As VP Candidate by AmehTsaev: 7:32am On Jun 18, 2022
LILTJAY:
tongue
Werey cheesy, you are good at banter though...I've got to give you that.
Re: Labour Party Names Doyin Okupe As VP Candidate by CSTRR: 7:50am On Jun 18, 2022
Ojuntana:

Mtcheew

Same Peter Obi ran with Atiku in 2019.
So it's safe to assume he's also a thief just a disgruntled one.
Voting Peter is a wasted vote.
He will not win
Heck, he can't even get a reasonable VP!!
It didn't occur to you that atiku picked him because of his integrity.

To give himself credibility.
Many people voted for atiku because of Peter obi.

Even a baby knows that Peter obi is unblemished.

If you like vote for thieves, na you Sabi.

1 Like

Re: Labour Party Names Doyin Okupe As VP Candidate by ghostwritter(m): 8:12am On Jun 18, 2022
Vixlot:
The most unserious human being in the world award goes to Peter Obi grin grin grin grin grin grin
You don't have sense.
PO will shock you when he reveals the real V.P
We are presently heading to the North to pick him. Just be patient.
Re: Labour Party Names Doyin Okupe As VP Candidate by ghostwritter(m): 8:15am On Jun 18, 2022
Cyberterror:
Mbaka has cursed Peter Obi on his altar and you think the Pandora criminal will still be normal grin
He can curse a man but can't bless his nation. You are mad.
You had better be OBIdient.
Re: Labour Party Names Doyin Okupe As VP Candidate by Ojuntana: 8:15am On Jun 18, 2022
CSTRR:

It didn't occur to you that atiku picked him because of his integrity.

To give himself credibility.
Many people voted for atiku because of Peter obi.

Even a baby knows that Peter obi is unblemished.

If you like vote for thieves, na you Sabi.
Ok. So you voted a thief in 2019 but don't want me to vote my own thief in 2023.
Make it make sense.

Besides, I don't except you sat with Atiku in 2019, I don't think he ever mentioned integrity as his reason for choosing Obi.
Obi was chosen for geopolitics sake.
Even during the campaign, all Obi kept talking about was the economy and China. He never mentioned his integrity.
Or have you forgotten his debate with Osinbajo? The shop argument?
Re: Labour Party Names Doyin Okupe As VP Candidate by jydo34547: 8:22am On Jun 18, 2022
Obi pulling strings n controlling souls I'm loving the hypertension. Win or lose Just imagine if SE was 6% lolObi pulling strings n controlling souls I'm loving the hypertension. Win or lose Just imagine if SE was 6% lol...
Re: Labour Party Names Doyin Okupe As VP Candidate by seanwilliam(m): 8:27am On Jun 18, 2022
RealEzee:
ehnn him too follow criticize am and him papa na,this criticism must go round grin everybody dey collect

I bliv you get treated the same way you treat others sha, so that guy had it coming for him,just free them.
that’s rubbish , if na me the guy abuse like that e for collect .

Why be say na only Peter obi dem no criticize .. shey u know wetin dem Dey call tinubu sha?
Re: Labour Party Names Doyin Okupe As VP Candidate by CSTRR: 10:48am On Jun 18, 2022
Ojuntana:

Ok. So you voted a thief in 2019 but don't want me to vote my own thief in 2023.
Make it make sense.

Besides, I don't except you sat with Atiku in 2019, I don't think he ever mentioned integrity as his reason for choosing Obi.
Obi was chosen for geopolitics sake.
Even during the campaign, all Obi kept talking about was the economy and China. He never mentioned his integrity.
Or have you forgotten his debate with Osinbajo? The shop argument?
I have never voted for atiku and never will.

But if you want to vote for a thief, go right ahead.

I know there is no way I would be buying rice for N1000/derica and you would buy your own for N100/derica because you voted for Tinubu.

If you like vote for devil, at the end of the day, na your pocket and body go tell you.
Re: Labour Party Names Doyin Okupe As VP Candidate by pfadom: 11:06am On Jun 18, 2022
You don't seem to understand the issue. It is not a matter of when he joined the new party, he should have been strategic not to send wrong signals to potential supporters.

This is even not the time to go to Egypt to understand their power generation strategy.

His seriousness is questionable.

TheGoodJoe:

APC that have been in power for seven years are yet to confirm their candidate.

I do not think it is up to a month Peter Obi joined Labour Party.

He is working on it but he needs time.
Re: Labour Party Names Doyin Okupe As VP Candidate by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:11am On Jun 18, 2022
pfadom:
You don't seem to understand the issue. It is not a matter of when he joined the new party, he should have been strategic not to send wrong signals to potential supporters.

This is even not the time to go to Egypt to understand their power generation strategy.

His seriousness is questionable.

Which one is wrong signals? Even APC that have been together for long are still mulling about the VP stuff. Even Atiku just sorted his out.

By the way, how can you say Egypt was the wrong time?

Afreximbank, who is a strategic partner of the Egyptian government was holding an event that will house some of the key developers of Egypt. This was the only chance to get access to them.

So, he decided to hinge on a big opportunity to access key stakeholders of development in Egypt and you people tag it unserious.
Re: Labour Party Names Doyin Okupe As VP Candidate by Ojuntana: 11:38am On Jun 18, 2022
CSTRR:

I have never voted for atiku and never will.

But if you want to vote for a thief, go right ahead.

I know there is no way I would be buying rice for N1000/derica and you would buy your own for N100/derica because you voted for Tinubu.

If you like vote for devil, at the end of the day, na your pocket and body go tell you.
But Peter Obi wanted to be vice to a thief.
What does that say about him
Show me your friend they say.
Re: Labour Party Names Doyin Okupe As VP Candidate by Ojuntana: 11:40am On Jun 18, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Which one is wrong signals? Even APC that have been together for long are still mulling about the VP stuff. Even Atiku just sorted his out.

Afreximbank, who is a strategic partner of the Egyptian government was holding an event that will house some of the key developers of Egypt. This was the only chance to get access to them.

So, he decided to hinge on a big opportunity to access key stakeholders of development in Egypt and you people tag it unserious.
Same people who have been accusing Buhari of traveling too much.
If he's already traveling before becoming president, I guess na space he go dey after he gets there
Re: Labour Party Names Doyin Okupe As VP Candidate by Seun(m): 11:49am On Jun 18, 2022
Kingozymandias:

And how did you come to this assertion? Is it because he isn't Yoruba you are saying this ? Tell me how did you come to the conclusion Peter Obi lies alot? So they are certificates as you claimed..pls if you are.called can you provide evidence to this claim?

You as the owner of a forum can you provide evidence in a court that he lies alot and his degrees are certificates?

Don't let tribalism land you in serious trouble...

Defamation is a real thing in law and you can be sued for using your position as the owner of this website to slander someone .
Didnt he say that his son does not have a car?

3 Likes

Re: Labour Party Names Doyin Okupe As VP Candidate by Kingozymandias(m): 12:06pm On Jun 18, 2022
Seun:

Did you sit in the room where he said this or followed media propaganda.

Be very careful. If you are sured you can't write threads out of it.

Except you know you can withstand paying damages in a law suite be very careful.

Even Lindaikeji isn't abusing candidates and she is worth billions , so Bros why put yourself at risk of a law suite for likes ? If you think the virtual highfives and likes are worth it then...Gooduck to you
Re: Labour Party Names Doyin Okupe As VP Candidate by Grupo(m): 12:26pm On Jun 18, 2022
Seun:

No. He didn't say that.

He said he didn't buy his son a car.

Meaning that the car his son has was not bought by Peter Obi but by the son himself.

How's the above hard for anyone to comprehend?

1 Like

Re: Labour Party Names Doyin Okupe As VP Candidate by pfadom: 7:16pm On Jun 18, 2022
A serious mind should have concluded his agenda not after securing ticket. What did he plan to bring on board had he won the presidency with Atiku in 2019.

Good luck to bunch of unserious minds.

TheGoodJoe:

Re: Labour Party Names Doyin Okupe As VP Candidate by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jun 18, 2022
Seun:

I am trying extremely hard to believe that you don't support Tinubu. I don't expect any youth or anyone who claims to wish Nigeria well to talk down (without proof) the most eligible candidate so far, who also doubles as one of the most youthful. Least of all the so called enlightened owner and founder of Nigeria's largest internet forum. Quite disappointing.
Re: Labour Party Names Doyin Okupe As VP Candidate by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:24pm On Jun 18, 2022
pfadom:
A serious mind should have concluded his agenda not after securing ticket. What did he plan to bring on board had he won the presidency with Atiku in 2019.

Good luck to bunch of unserious minds.

It seems you think what we are debating here is guess work. Most Politicians with Political clout are in other parties. You can not snap your fingers and have them leaving their parties to become your running mate.

Also you need to consider finding someone with credibility and integrity to fit Peter Obi's stance.

So it is a serious person that will take time to make his choice. Not the other way around.
Re: Labour Party Names Doyin Okupe As VP Candidate by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:26pm On Jun 18, 2022
hornetclair:

I am trying extremely hard to believe that you don't support Tinubu. I don't expect any youth or anyone who claims to wish Nigeria well to talk down (without proof) the most eligible candidate so far, who also doubles as one of the most youthful. Least of all the so called enlightened owner and founder of Nigeria's largest internet forum. Quite disappointing.

Na wa. Seun is supporting Tinubu. I have already called him out on it before.
Re: Labour Party Names Doyin Okupe As VP Candidate by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:29pm On Jun 18, 2022
Ojuntana:

Same people who have been accusing Buhari of traveling too much.
If he's already traveling before becoming president, I guess na space he go dey after he gets there

Please, how else will Peter Obi take advantage of such opportunity of having the key development stakeholders of Egypt in a meeting. He should stay back and make you happy.

Buhari was criticized for medical trips.

This Peter Obi's trip was vital.
Re: Labour Party Names Doyin Okupe As VP Candidate by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 18, 2022
LILTJAY:
Landlocked idiots grin grin

You mean idots.
Re: Labour Party Names Doyin Okupe As VP Candidate by Ojuntana: 8:44pm On Jun 18, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Please, how else will Peter Obi take advantage of such opportunity of having the key development stakeholders of Egypt in a meeting. He should stay back and make you happy.

Buhari was criticized for medical trips.

This Peter Obi's trip was vital.
Vital how?
Show me the meeting he had with development stakeholders.
The pics we saw online was of him sightseeing not meeting with any stakeholders.
Re: Labour Party Names Doyin Okupe As VP Candidate by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:52pm On Jun 18, 2022
Ojuntana:

Vital how?
Show me the meeting he had with development stakeholders.
The pics we saw online was of him sightseeing not meeting with any stakeholders.

Please do your research before running into threads. Peter Obi attended an event organized by Afreximbank which involved key stakeholders in different sectors of Egypt. Peter Obi went there to interact with them.

The plant visitation is just a one of the offshoot of the meeting in Egypt.
Re: Labour Party Names Doyin Okupe As VP Candidate by Ojuntana: 8:57pm On Jun 18, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Please do your research before running into threads. Peter Obi attended an event organized by Afreximbank which involved key stakeholders in different sectors of Egypt. Peter Obi went there to interact with them.

The plant visitation is just a one of the offshoot of the meeting in Egypt.
Peter Obi is a shareholder in afreximbank. He went there for their AGM and not a meeting of different stakeholders in Egypt.
Peter Obi is not yet the president nor president-elect so I don't see why he will be having meetings with development stakeholders instead of sitting down to properly organise his party towards a very competitive campaign that will involve him running against two more powerful candidates.
Except you mean he's already so sure if victory.
Re: Labour Party Names Doyin Okupe As VP Candidate by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:24pm On Jun 18, 2022
Ojuntana:

Peter Obi is a shareholder in afreximbank. He went there for their AGM and not a meeting of different stakeholders in Egypt.
Peter Obi is not yet the president nor president-elect so I don't see why he will be having meetings with development stakeholders instead of sitting down to properly organise his party towards a very competitive campaign that will involve him running against two more powerful candidates.
Except you mean he's already so sure if victory.

Is it you that made Peter Obi shareholder or you are running with Jackson Ude's guesses.

Afreximbank is a strategic partner of Egypt and their AGM was to draw key stakeholders in the country. So meeting them was a goo choice.

Peter Obi has said this is beyond campaign. He wants to see Nigeria work.

By the way, campaigns have not really started. So why are you guys more interested in campaigns than solving the challenges facing the country.

Don't be deceived by all those campaigning. What Peter Obi did drew more attention to him while in Egypt than campaigning here.

So how is he unserious?

Re: Labour Party Names Doyin Okupe As VP Candidate by Ojuntana: 2:31am On Jun 19, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Is it you that made Peter Obi shareholder or you are running with Jackson Ude's guesses.

Afreximbank is a strategic partner of Egypt and their AGM was to draw key stakeholders in the country. So meeting them was a goo choice.

Peter Obi has said this is beyond campaign. He wants to see Nigeria work.

By the way, campaigns have not really started. So why are you guys more interested in campaigns than solving the challenges facing the country.

Don't be deceived by all those campaigning. What Peter Obi did drew more attention to him while in Egypt than campaigning here.

So how is he unserious?
You're right though.
Him being a shareholder does not justify his travel because he could have attended virtually instead.
But I don't think afreximbank is the supreme solution to Nigeria's problems as you put it. It's just a bank like afdb too and its hq is even here in Nigeria.
Why I don't agree with his travel to Egypt and I believe it is showboating at best is because, campaigns are about organizing and interactions.
Labour as it is today is not a viable platform to achieve that on a scale to battle PDP and APC.
So if he's really serious, he should spend more time establishing labour as a viable political machine than going for an AGM in Egypt. Look, by the time the real campaign starts in November, you will totally forget that there's a party called labour, and no one will remember any trip to Egypt.
Labour needs a lot of work. As it is now, it can't take anyone to the presidency. That's what Obi should focus his energy on, not some inconsequential AGM in Egypt.
Re: Labour Party Names Doyin Okupe As VP Candidate by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:31am On Jun 19, 2022
Ojuntana:

You're right though.
Him being a shareholder does not justify his travel because he could have attended virtually instead.
But I don't think afreximbank is the supreme solution to Nigeria's problems as you put it. It's just a bank like afdb too and its hq is even here in Nigeria.
Why I don't agree with his travel to Egypt and I believe it is showboating at best is because, campaigns are about organizing and interactions.
Labour as it is today is not a viable platform to achieve that on a scale to battle PDP and APC.
So if he's really serious, he should spend more time establishing labour as a viable political machine than going for an AGM in Egypt. Look, by the time the real campaign starts in November, you will totally forget that there's a party called labour, and no one will remember any trip to Egypt.
Labour needs a lot of work. As it is now, it can't take anyone to the presidency. That's what Obi should focus his energy on, not some inconsequential AGM in Egypt.

I will repeat, this meeting will not happen everyday while there is still enough time for campaign. Why throw away this opportunity to campaign? By the way, I did not say Afreximbank is the solution but they are part of something special happening in Egypt. So it was a good move.

The pictures came out from the Campaign aide of Peter Obi, due to Jackson Ude, Sowore and others saying Peter Obi lied about his trip. Which was childish for them.

As for Labour Party, this is just the beginning. Let the wave build. By then you will understand the magnitude of this movement.
Re: Labour Party Names Doyin Okupe As VP Candidate by jaggabban: 8:19am On Jun 19, 2022
SupremeSpecimen:
Obi pulling strings n controlling souls

I'm loving the hypertension. Win or lose

Just imagine if SE was 6%

lol
You guys are still 5% which is 10 million and 75% of u guys are on social media, so this is expected. The remaining 95% don't make noise and do online vote, only 0.01% of the 95% are online so u are expected to have more voice on social media.
Enjoy while it lasts because Las Las na cry.
Re: Labour Party Names Doyin Okupe As VP Candidate by SupremeSpecimen: 1:49pm On Jun 19, 2022
jaggabban:

You guys are still 5% which is 10 million and 75% of u guys are on social media, so this is expected. The remaining 95% don't make noise and do online vote, only 0.01% of the 95% are online so u are expected to have more voice on social media.
Enjoy while it lasts because Las Las na cry.

I suggest ibuprofen or tylenol
Re: Labour Party Names Doyin Okupe As VP Candidate by ZUBY77(m): 8:18pm On Jun 19, 2022
Seun:

Most of the degrees he claims are certificates, at best. The dude exaggerates and lies a lot, and nobody ever checks up on his claims.
He is still better than Tinubu and Atiku combined.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Asari Dokubo Disassociates Self From Tweet Attributed To Him / Video Of Fulani Men Carrying AK47 In Katsina In Presence Of Army Sparks Outrage / Ayodele Fayose Asks Atiku To Accept Defeat, Return To Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.