Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,367 members, 7,808,282 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

Governor Rotimi Akeredolu Weeps At Funeral Service, I’ve Failed My People - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Rotimi Akeredolu Weeps At Funeral Service, I’ve Failed My People (363 Views)

Funeral Service Of Rotimi Akeredolu In Pictures / Rotimi Akeredolu Weeps As He Visits Scene Of Owo Bandit Attack (Photos) / Governor Rotimi Akeredolu’s Daughter's Wedding: Tinubu, Bisi Akande, Attend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Rotimi Akeredolu Weeps At Funeral Service, I’ve Failed My People by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jun 17, 2022
Owo Attack: I’ve failed my people, Governor Rotimi Akeredolu weeps at funeral Service

… no, you didn’t fail; FG has blood on its hands — Bishop Arogundade

Tears flowed freely at the funeral mass for the victims murdered by terrorists at the Saint Francis Catholic Church, Owaluwa, Owo, Ondo State.

Watch Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MauO0_juxMo

Governor Rotimi Akeredolu, who was with his wife, Betty Anyanwu, wept during his speech, saying they had failed to protect the victims of the terror attack.

He said that the forces on the other side are evil, assuring that they will not triumph forever.

Bandits kill over 25 worshippers in Ondo Church

His words: “We have failed to defend these people. Not because we have not tried, but because these forces on the other side are evil and they have supports.

“They will not triumph over us forever.”

The governor noted that something must be done in the country, adding that the security architecture of the nation needs rejigging.

Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPPrWQftrmA

“When I see the sea of heads that are here; it speaks volumes. What has happened to us in Owo in Ondo state is indescribable.

“A lot of words are used to qualify it: dastardly, horrendous. But I still believe there are words to use to describe it, but I am still short of those words.

“We have just 22 (deceased) in this hall. A few of them have been buried because the relatives couldn’t wait till today. But as at the last count, these animals came to the church and murdered 40 people.”

However, in a swift response, the Bishop of Ondo Catholic Diocese, Dr. Jude Arogundade, declared that Governor Akeredolu had not failed in protecting his people.

Bishop Arogundade said: “You didn’t fail. You are a strong soldier. Your determination to protect those who voted you into power is unquestionable. This was done by cowards. You have tried your best.

He said he spoke to legislators and they made him realize that genocide is ongoing in Nigeria.

He added: “If this is not genocide, I don’t know what genocide is. I know they have promised us they will find the killers, all these are flimsy promises.

“What is this? Why do people have no shame? This country, you don’t have shame any more.

“They just talk but do not match talks with work. So, my brothers and sisters, you didn’t fail, your country failed you, and we know the leaders that failed us and we will continue to hold them accountable. This will not go away,” he said

He wondered why Nigerians need to beg for state police, despite the endless attack and killings.

The clergyman thanked the Governor for accepting to designate a memorial park in honour of the victims, stressing that those who created the situation that made the incident happened has bloods on their hands.

Recall that at least 40 people, including children were killed on Sunday, June 5 by yet to be identified gunmen during a mass service at the  St. Francis Catholic Church, Owo.

The incident left about 80 others sustained different degrees of injuries during the attack.

Meanwhile, the venue was filled to the brim as families of the victims, people of Owo, and other sympathisers thronged the venue of the funeral mass.

Dignitaries at the funeral mass included: former Governor of Ondo State, Dr Olusegun Mimiko; Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Engr. Ade Adetimehin; and Chieftain of the APC, Chief Olusola Oke.

The local government chairmen were also led by the chairman, Association of Local Government of Nigeria (ALCON) Ondo State chapter, Augustine Oloruntogbe.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/06/owo-attack-ive-failed-my-people-akeredolu-weeps-at-funeral/amp/

Re: Governor Rotimi Akeredolu Weeps At Funeral Service, I’ve Failed My People by Olastep(m): 6:50pm On Jun 17, 2022
I pity those who believe his crocodile tears

Politicians can do anything to cover their ineptitude cool
Re: Governor Rotimi Akeredolu Weeps At Funeral Service, I’ve Failed My People by rejoice4eva(m): 6:55pm On Jun 17, 2022
I pity every one that supported and foisted this evil, blood thirsty and hopeless APC government on the nation.
May they live to eat the fruit of their efforts in full.
Re: Governor Rotimi Akeredolu Weeps At Funeral Service, I’ve Failed My People by Two02: 6:57pm On Jun 17, 2022
cry cryRIp to the dead may soul of the faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in perfect peace amen.
You've only failed your people when it comes to payment of salaries by paying January salary in june. Your epileptic salary payment has turned civil servants to paupers and failure to provide electricity for the people of Ondo South senatorial district.

When it comes to security you've tried, you were instrumental in forming Amotekun and you're one of the reasons Amotekun is a reality today. The basic truth is untill the country is restructured and state policing is implemented incidents like this will continue to occur.

Our leaders know the solution to this problem of insecurity allow state policing. You disallow state policing and when a security outfit like Amotekun is created, you ban the Governors from arming them properly and make sure state governments only allow for the use of Dane guns,how do you expect such incidents not to occur. May God save us all.

Once again may the soul of the faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in perfect peace AMEN
Re: Governor Rotimi Akeredolu Weeps At Funeral Service, I’ve Failed My People by abobote: 7:09pm On Jun 17, 2022
Yes o, you failed to protect your people and still used their money to purchase senatorial form in Imo state for your wife.

RIP to the dead
Re: Governor Rotimi Akeredolu Weeps At Funeral Service, I’ve Failed My People by Nukilia: 7:20pm On Jun 17, 2022
Scared of saying APC has failed the country undecided

Show me a supporter of APC and I will show you a ruthless demon!
Re: Governor Rotimi Akeredolu Weeps At Funeral Service, I’ve Failed My People by inforesource: 7:37pm On Jun 17, 2022
Crocodile tears. He should resign

(1) (Reply)

Stop The Influx Of Terrorists Into Nigeria / Certificates: A Real Case Against Bola Ahmed Tinubu / Gunmen Attacked Church Members In USA, They Fired Back And Did Not Wait For Jesu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.