Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,216 members, 7,780,404 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:41 PM

What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? (36490 Views)

Romans 9-15 The Most Misinterpreted Bible Verse. ( See True Interpretation) / Most Misinterpreted Bible Verses #3 (amos 4:6) / The Misinterpreted Knowledge Of Attracting Divine Favour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by Janosky: 9:45pm On Jun 19, 2022
udoh2k:

I don't know what's your meaning of trinity.

But I have seen in the Bible where:

The Word of God is called God. Capital G.
The Spirit of God is called God. Capital G.
And God Himself is called God. Capital G.

And yet only one God.

Meaning the Word of His mouth is a living 'Being'.

The Spirit in Him is a living 'Being'.

See 1John5:7
Bros, na only you Waka come?
You no know say 1 John 5:7 & 1 Timothy 3:16 na forgery of Trinitarians?
Abeg you,go and discover the correct renditions of both verses. grin
Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by wilzindinero: 9:47pm On Jun 19, 2022
Isaiah 6v1 the year king Uziah died Isaiah sees the Lord...alot of preachers think it was king Uziah who has prevented Isaiah from seeing God
Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by immaculatesense(m): 9:51pm On Jun 19, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Guy i've told you that you and i aren't on the same page so if you have any question just go ahead and ask, if not hold onto whatever you want i'm not a worshiper of your God.

Your three questions:

(1) Noah and his family didn't become violent like other humans.
Due to the way the giant sons of angels were causing trouble everywhere most people also became violent to combat the violent giants but instead of joining them Noah became a preacher {2Peter 2:5} so God looked down from heaven and Noah and his family were approved for salvation!

(2) No the giants were born by fallen angels but there were male humans too like Noah married with their own children they're the ones Noah preached to not the fallen angels or their violent giant children!

(3) He was 100% human that's why all his descendants were humans.
Let me give you a gist:
Have you heard of Ọmọlúàbí before?
Well the Yorùbá people learned from history that after the destruction of evil people only Lúà (Noah) and his descendants were virtuous that's why they always refer to virtuous people as "Ọmọ tí Lúà bí"

Just calm down and learn! smiley

Lol...u need to change everything about u...u first need to unlearn the heresies and start learning...
U goofed in all ur three points and I will point them out to u...
1)you mentioned Giants for symbol of the sons of the angels(u wrongly infer as sons of God)...if the Giants were sons of sons of God like u said...and u said they av bn wiped off by the flood and even the sand they use to recreate themselves was wiped of like u claim...here is the question...
Who were the giant sons of Emites and Anakites...Read Deuteronomy 2:10
[10](A race of giants called the Emites had once lived in the area of Ar. They were as strong and numerous and tall as the Anakites, another race of giants.

Did the angels remould themselves again after they av bn chained and their element wiped off like u said...did they come back to give birth to these new set of rare gaints or is it another set of angel who fell again after those ones? Think and answer

2) This ur number two and three reply ehn...u no dey fear God?...chai...so,Noah was selective in his preaching according to u and still those ones he selected did not hear? Nawa for u ooo

3) Lol...I can't just laughing...u brought my language Yoruba into this again?...Omoluabi is Omo ti Noah bi (children Noah gave birth to) according to u...Jesus...was Noah Oduduwa or was Noah in the story line of the Yoruboid creation myth?...Jesus...u no dey fear...I am Yoruba...see what Omoluabi means...Jesus Christ...ahhh... MaxinDHouse...Jesu

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by RealEzee(m): 10:32pm On Jun 19, 2022
Kobojunkie:
As the other already informed you, Jesus Christ did not in fact mean that Peter was the rock on which His Church is built, this since the church is instead built on the teachings(and commandments) of Jesus Christ, the one who is described as the Vine - John 15 vs 1 - 11 where all His followers, including Peter , are branches directly off the vine. undecided
do we agree that Christ did establish his church in the ancients,Cos you asked if Christ built church?

Now to the Peter issue as I cited in the scriptures I shared earlier, Peter was given administrative role in the church hence he had the responsibility to receive revelation for the church in general, this revelations included teachings,prophecies,instructions and etc on how the church operates and all this for the perfecting of the saints(members of Christ church were referred to as saints ,having received the gospel ,baptized and received the gift of the holy ghost ).

Like I cited in Ephesians earlier, Apostles and Prophets make up the foundation upon which the church stood in the ancients, by revelation Peter received the declaration for the gospel to be preached to the gentiles and in turn set apart Paul to the ministry, Paul received this call at the blessing of the pillars of the church i.e Peter,James an John ,the presiding council,I cited Galatians to this regard.

Priesthood authority has always been important in the ministry hence unto Peter did Christ said I give unto you the keys of the kingdom and whatever he(Peter) bound on earth same was in heaven ,that's authority recognised by God,without it an individual acting in God's name without been called of God is like a good fellow controlling traffic but won't receive pay from the government since he/she is not an official traffic warden and backed by law.

Cheers buddy
Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by Janosky: 10:37pm On Jun 19, 2022
immaculatesense:

Dear MaxinDHouse
You are half way correct...u would av bn more correct if u had used bossom of God instead of beside God...it distorted the meaning.
"Beside God" is very correct.
Bosom connotes closeness. For instance, bosom friend.
Is your bosom friend living inside you?
Luke 16:22-23,is Lazarus living inside Abraham?
Una want to change holy scripture to suit Trinity GIBBERISH.
immaculatesense:

And the meaning of Philippians 2:6 is also distorted by meaning.
[6]Though he was God,
    he did not think of equality with God
    as something to cling to.
Wrong !

Correct rendition of Phil 2:6
Although he (Jesus) was in the form of God"
-Bill Mounce Greek interlinear Bible.

immaculatesense:

Now,here is the meaning of John 1:1,18 and Philippians 2:6
Before the incarnation of the man Jesus...he was know as the Word of God...the question is,if he is the Word of God ..where does he reside? That was wat John 1:20 answered...He lived in the bossom of God.
"The word was with the God" at his Father's side,not living inside the God.
immaculatesense:

Another question is can u separate a man from his word?
Your Bible says "the Word" referencing a Being, hence the use of definite article "the" attached to "Word" as in the Word,a person.
John 17:17 (God's command, instructions etc.& John 1:1, the word, a person,entity. pls note the difference.
Is Jesus Christ at Deuteronomy 6:6-8?
No.
immaculatesense:

That is wat John 1:1 answered by saying "he was God".
No.
John 10:33,1 Corinthians 8:4-5,Acts 12:22-23, John 1:1,Acts 28:6,(in screenshots) several scriptures evidences PROVEN the correct rendition of John 1:1 must follow.

immaculatesense:

Another question is why was passed tense used "WAS God"?...that is what John 1:14 and Philippians 2:6-7 gave an answer to...for the first time...the word became flesh John 1:14 and took on a lowly form by being born of and by human being Philippians 2:7...He was for the first time separated from the Father in whom he reside and let go of being in God or equal to God .
Faulty claim based on inaccurate translation of Phillippian 2:6.
immaculatesense:

The last question is "was Jesus equal with God i.e the Father"?...Here is wat the equality means...let me first quote out the verse then explain
Philippians 2:6
[6]Though he was God,
    he did not think of equality with God
    as something to cling to.

"Though he was God,"
Like I explained above the past tense...was God but now human

"He did not think of equality with God as something to cling to"
Oga, this comment doesn't stand up to scrutiny from the holy scripture.

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:10pm On Jun 19, 2022
immaculatesense:

Lol...u need to change everything about u...u first need to unlearn the heresies and start learning...
U goofed in all ur three points and I will point them out to u...
1)you mentioned Giants for symbol of the sons of the angels(u wrongly infer as sons of God)...if the Giants were sons of sons of God like u said...and u said they av bn wiped off by the flood and even the sand they use to recreate themselves was wiped of like u claim...here is the question...
Who were the giant sons of Emites and Anakites...Read Deuteronomy 2:10
[10](A race of giants called the Emites had once lived in the area of Ar. They were as strong and numerous and tall as the Anakites, another race of giants.

Did the angels remould themselves again after they av bn chained and their element wiped off like u said...did they come back to give birth to these new set of rare gaints or is it another set of angel who fell again after those ones? Think and answer

2) This ur number two and three reply ehn...u no dey fear God?...chai...so,Noah was selective in his preaching according to u and still those ones he selected did not hear? Nawa for u ooo

3) Lol...I can't just laughing...u brought my language Yoruba into this again?...Omoluabi is Omo ti Noah bi (children Noah gave birth to) according to u...Jesus...was Noah Oduduwa or was Noah in the story line of the Yoruboid creation myth?...Jesus...u no dey fear...I am Yoruba...see what Omoluabi means...Jesus Christ...ahhh... MaxinDHouse...Jesu

Ọmọ you refused to learn so keep whatever you think you know i've given you more than enough.
You don't believe the Bible you will know that all humans came from the same bloodline through Noah's generation.
Well giants were born to other humans but those during Noah's time aren't humans 100% so my guy keep what you think you know! wink

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 11:46pm On Jun 19, 2022
RealEzee:
1. do we agree that Christ did establish his church in the ancients,Cos you asked if Christ built church?

2. Now to the Peter issue as I cited in the scriptures I shared earlier, Peter was given administrative role in the church hence he had the responsibility to receive revelation for the church in general, this revelations included teachings,prophecies,instructions and etc on how the church operates and all this for the perfecting of the saints(members of Christ church were referred to as saints ,having received the gospel ,baptized and received the gift of the holy ghost ).
1. I didn't ask if Jesus Christ built His Church since I know that Jesus Christ said He built- of His own hands, not the hands of men - His Church. undecided

2. I am afraid you are mistaken since you never did any of that. Particularly since nowhere in the Gospels did Jesus Christ give such authority to any man this since He said He alone is the authority over each one of those who belong in His Church - Matthew 23 vs 8 - 10 & Matthew 6 vs 24 & John 10 vs 7 - 16 & Matthew 20 vs 24 - 24 ...He alone is Teacher, Head/Master, Leader/Authority, Shepherd etc. undecided
Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by johnw47: 3:04am On Jun 20, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

In the beginning WAS the word and the word WAS with God and the word WAS God

From the above it's clear something is wrong due to John's use of WAS throughout which means the word worked with God but as he is penning down those words the word isn't God rather the word WAS God at some point in time.
Moses WAS God at a point in time too {Exodus 7:1} therefore if Moses worked with God in delivering Israel out of Egypt and WAS God while in Egypt it doesn't mean that Moses IS God rather he served as God at a point in time.
So the correct interpretation of that verse would be:

In the beginning WAS the word and the word WAS God and the word WAS a god/ divine/ godlike

The use of capital for both God and the one with God makes no practical sense because all other verses afterwards shows that the word is God's messenger.

Thank you! smiley

so called jw

that's what comes from trying to make scripture fit doctrine, instead of reading God's word for what it truly say's

"in the beginning was the Word"
the word was is used because the verse is talking of the past:
"in the beginning"

perhaps you think it should be: "in the beginning will be the Word"

"and the word was with God" < in the beginning
you must think the Word is no longer with God

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by galantjoe(m): 3:44am On Jun 20, 2022
All these verses are not misunderstood, maybe they did not follow your own selfish interest. Or maybe they are talking truth which negate what you ought to have believed.

Bible is a greatest book of reference.
Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 5:05am On Jun 20, 2022
Heterodox:
Nothing ambiguous can be misinterpreted.
And that's what the bible is.
Scripture is far from ambiguous on pretty much any subject.. undecided
Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 5:06am On Jun 20, 2022
AYNL:
give unto Caesar what belongs to Caesar

I think this bible verse is being misinterpreted alot
That is because the hate paying taxes and any other fees owed to government. undecided
Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 5:10am On Jun 20, 2022
alfredfrddy:
Exodus 20:10
But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates.

For me, this is the most misinterpreted scripture as the whole world has desecrated God's seventh day sabbath, saying the first day of the week is the sabbath. May God have mercy on us.
But first of all, God never gave Law to the whole world in regard to the Sabbath. That day was solely given as part of God's Constitution handed to the people of Israel in the Land of Canaan - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15-20. undecided

What the "whole world" excluding Israel, practices is born of ignorance not of misinterpretion. undecided
Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 5:12am On Jun 20, 2022
Ikemba007:
Leviticus 24:13–16:

Then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, "Bring out of the camp the one who cursed, and let all who heard him lay their hands on his head, and let all the congregation stone him. And speak to the people of Israel, saying, Whoever curses his God shall bear his sin. Whoever blasphemes the name of the Lord shall surely be put to death. All the congregation shall stone him. The sojourner as well as the native, when he blasphemes the Name, shall be put to death."
That commandment, like every other commandment contained in God's Old Covenant Law of Moses, was given by God as a Constitution to the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. undecided

All those who pretend to follow that contained in that Constitution which has absolutely nothing to do with their current country of residence, do so, not of misinterpretation but instead of sheer ignorance. undecided
Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 5:15am On Jun 20, 2022
Lexkenny99:
I once heard a famous christian cleric say.. '' in the beginning GOD Created the heavens and the earth, where was God when he created heaven and earth?'' av been wondering since then. Any answers pls?
You do know that it isn't the case that God lives inside of Heaven. Isaiah writes of Heaven being God's Thrown room and the earth His footstool -Isaiah 66 vs 1 - 2 undecided
Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 5:15am On Jun 20, 2022
Matini24:
Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy, Exo. 20:8
That commandment, like every other commandment contained in God's Old Covenant Law of Moses, was given by God as a Constitution to the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. undecided

All those who pretend to follow that contained in that Constitution which has absolutely nothing to do with their current country of residence, do so, not of misinterpretation but instead of sheer ignorance. undecided
Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 5:17am On Jun 20, 2022
LordVoldermort:
Matthew 19:24 "I'll say it again-it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of A needle than for a rich person to enter the Kingdom of God!"

The word 'needle' wasn't a sewing needle, but a passage way.
Ever heard of a metaphor? undecided
Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 5:19am On Jun 20, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:
Explain this Bible verse for me.
Explaination of that can and should be literally comprehended? undecided
Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 5:21am On Jun 20, 2022
miraclea:
Mathew 19:24
It is easier for a camel to pass through the eyes of the needle than for the rich to enter the kingdom of heaven
The eyes of the needle is a gate in Jerusalem and not actually refering to needle, people misquoted this verse many times
Read the context of Matthew 19 vs 16 - 23. The meaning of the expression used by Jesus Christ is provided you right there in the context. undecided

He is saying it will be near impossible for a rich man to enter into Heaven. undecided
Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 5:22am On Jun 20, 2022
englishmart:
Most Men misinterpret submission as enslavement.
Submission, as used in much of scripture is of a master/servant relationship. undecided

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 5:23am On Jun 20, 2022
akeeng:
“Stop drinking only water, and use a little wine because of your stomach and your frequent illnesses.” - 1 Timothy 5:23

grin grin
What is there to misinterpreted?, undecided
Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 5:27am On Jun 20, 2022
morakakin:
" (Lev. 24:19–21). an eye for an eye.

Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 5:28am On Jun 20, 2022
Ubongdemaga:
bible need to b revise cos this kind verse suppose dey Bible
Why e suppose dey Bible when it contradicts God's very message? undecided
Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 5:29am On Jun 20, 2022
Elmander1983:
Genesis 1:28
And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”
That was God's original plan from the beginning but man rejected that plan when He chose sin over God's Law. undecided
Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:45am On Jun 20, 2022
Janosky:

Wrong !

Your Bible says "the Word" referencing a Being, hence the use of definite article "the" attached to "Word" as in the Word,a person.
John 17:17 (God's command, instructions etc.& John 1:1, the word, a person,entity. pls note the difference.
No.
No.
John 10:33,1 Corinthians 8:4-5,Acts 12:22-23, John 1:1,Acts 28:6,(in screenshots) several scriptures evidences PROVEN the correct rendition of John 1:1 must follow.
Shalom.

He's one of those give and take churchy type that always want to exchange what they think they know with what others know, even when he can see clearly that you know much better all he's saying is "let's agree that we can worship anywhere we like and we continue as fellow believers even when our thoughts don't agree"

For now he's trying to prove to himself that i'm wrong since i told him frankly that if he's not with the same organization we're not on the same page!

Me i don't have any time to waste arguing with him, if he's not ready to learn let him look for his type where they will continue to make exchange with what their pastors taught them! wink

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by Heterodox(m): 6:13am On Jun 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Scripture is far from ambiguous on pretty much any subject.. undecided
Including Quaran.
Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by akeeng: 6:44am On Jun 20, 2022
udoh2k:

This instruction of Paul to Timothy was a "medical advice". It was not a call to drunkenness or consumation of strong drink. Even some present day medicines contain some kind of alcohol ,perhaps responsible for diziness. It's purely medicinal when precribed...outside that...it is drug abuse, self medication.
medicinal indeed
Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:23am On Jun 20, 2022
udoh2k:

This instruction of Paul to Timothy was a "medical advice". It was not a call to drunkenness or consumation of strong drink. Even some present day medicines contain some kind of alcohol ,perhaps responsible for diziness. It's purely medicinal when precribed...outside that...it is drug abuse, self medication.

As long as each person wants to choose what he likes there will always be confusion in the Christendom churches. Luke 11:23

There is no where God forbid alcoholic drinks for all His worshipers rather He only warn us not to overdo it. Some may argue that since God warned us not to get drunk it's better to avoid drinking completely, this advice is good but it should be left to each individual to decide not a collective thing.
The secret behind this is due to IDOLATRY, the demons disguising as angels of light do differ in their likes and dislikes and the only way to IDENTIFY each demon is the rules they set for all it's worshipers collectively.
Jesus of Nazareth taught his disciples that if an eye (something so precious) should stand as obstacle to you cut it out, Jesus went on to say the same with limb! Mark 9:43-47

If misconstrued it may happen that half of our body parts will be removed so what did Jesus mean with this statement?

Each of us has one weakness or another that we need to work on in order to maintain our focus on God's Kingdom so each person has to figure out where he needs to work on.
What really baffles me is that most people just conclude without carefully meditating on what Jesus meant. Jesus said some of his disciples will not marry so that they can focus more on God's Kingdom {Matt 19:10-12} notice that his followers suggested that marriage should be cancelled but Jesus said it's optional not compulsory.
So where did God forbid alcoholic drinks?
Jesus himself eat all kinds of food and drinks whatever he's served that's why critics could say he's a glutton (eats too much) and drunkard (drinks anything drinkable) {Luke 7:31-34} but it's their own rules they want Jesus to obey not God's law because God told his worshipers to drink whatever they like including alcoholic drinks! Deuteronomy 14:26

Thanks!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 7:31am On Jun 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Explaination of that can and should be literally comprehended? undecided

Nairaland's resident pastor, I need more insight into it.
Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by immaculatesense(m): 7:33am On Jun 20, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Ọmọ you refused to learn so keep whatever you think you know i've given you more than enough.
You don't believe the Bible you will know that all humans came from the same bloodline through Noah's generation.
Well giants were born to other humans but those during Noah's time aren't humans 100% so my guy keep what you think you know! wink
Dear MaxinDHouse
I understand every single passage of every scriptures...even the ones that were not cannonized I dedicate my self to reading them to know why they were not and to learn from it...I discovered the distortion in some of them and I learn also from those part of them that were not distorted...I learn without interference or premeditated knowledge or bais...I know the scriptures through and through (all praises to God) because I was objective in my learning...I compare scriptures with scriptures like the berean church...I do not do Dem say Dem say...I do my research...u mistake the Omoluabi because u didn't research but maybe a brother or elder used it as an analogy and u bought into it just like dat but it seems to appeal to a believe or make sense...but its a LIE...now u know...but unfortunately the same goes for many things u av believe because u heard it from a person or people u respect and think they can't be wrong...u made no or little research with a mind of acceptance already...

You know I always advice u cos I was once like u but in a Pentecostal (still in Pentecostal though but no denomination shapens my knowledge)...but u av potentials but like I always tell u...u restricting urself to a confinement...
Good luck in the process of realizing and rediscovering urself and potentials just like I did some years back...u will be at peace with God and new true knowledge u found in his word and spirit alone...
Note,I am not a trinitarian but I am a Pentecostal...what an irony ehn...that's wat I mean by not being denominationally bais but be objective in learning the truth even if it negate wat u av accepted or ur sect before...
Peace
Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by Elmander1983(m): 7:40am On Jun 20, 2022
But it still remains the order of the day
Kobojunkie:
That was God's original plan from the beginning but man rejected that plan when He chose sin over God's Law. undecided
Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by immaculatesense(m): 7:48am On Jun 20, 2022
Janosky:

Wrong !

No.

No.

Shalom.
Dear Janosky
I can't be making repetition...just go read my comments...u will av full understanding...and u can just use bossom to mean just bossom friend,bossom closeness ,beside...check the etymology of the word and how it is bn used in the passage...if i say the food in my bossom...do I mean food close to me or beside me?...it means the food in my belly,inside me...
So u can't retrict the meaning to merely closeness...check the etymology,compare with other scriptures like when Jesus said I am in the Father and the Father in me...does he mean I am beside the Father and the Father is beside me...then u can't objectively decide which synonym fits bossom between "in the Father " and "beside the Father"...

Hoping u will be objective in ur decision...but it's a difficult choice u alone can take
Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:07am On Jun 20, 2022
immaculatesense:

Dear MaxinDHouse
I understand every single passage of every scriptures...even the ones that were not cannonized I dedicate my self to reading them to know why they were not and to learn from it...I discovered the distortion in some of them and I learn also from those part of them that were not distorted...I learn without interference or premeditated knowledge or bais...I know the scriptures through and through (all praises to God) because I was objective in my learning...I compare scriptures with scriptures like the berean church...I do not do Dem say Dem say...I do my research...u mistake the Omoluabi because u didn't research but maybe a brother or elder used it as an analogy and u bought into it just like dat but it seems to appeal to a believe or make sense...but its a LIE...now u know...but unfortunately the same goes for many things u av believe because u heard it from a person or people u respect and think they can't be wrong...u made no or little research with a mind of acceptance already...

You know I always advice u cos I was once like u but in a Pentecostal (still in Pentecostal though but no denomination shapens my knowledge)...but u av potentials but like I always tell u...u restricting urself to a confinement...
Good luck in the process of realizing and rediscovering urself and potentials just like I did some years back...u will be at peace with God and new true knowledge u found in his word and spirit alone...
Note,I am not a trinitarian but I am a Pentecostal...what an irony ehn...that's wat I mean by not being denominationally bais but be objective in learning the truth even if it negate wat u av accepted or ur sect before...
Peace

No wahala, keep whatever you think you know! smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Psalm 23 In Pidgin / Fulani Herdsmen: Apostle Johnson Suleman Blows Hot / Pastor Augustina Drumgbe 'Oyegeyege' Dies During Child Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.