Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,245 members, 7,807,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:03 PM

10 Reasons Why I Support Peter Obi For President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Reasons Why I Support Peter Obi For President (1153 Views)

IPOB Members Dump Biafra Agitation To Support Peter Obi Presidency (Pictures) / Amuda Adeleke Sues PDP, Atiku, Saraki, Obi For ‘Unauthorised Use Of Photos' / Father Mbaka 'Embarrasses' Peter Obi For Not Donating To Church (watch) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Reasons Why I Support Peter Obi For President by gentlegenius(m): 8:30am On Jun 18, 2022
1. Peter Obi is prepared for Governance: While other aspirants are going around consulting and canvassing for votes in preparation to succeed in election, Peter Obi is going to places where things are working well to borrow ideas on how to fix Nigeria. Almost every sector of this country had collapse and it seems only Peter Obi cared about fixing things, others only cared about winning election and getting power. I don't think Buhari is a bad person. He failed woefully in governance because he wasn't prepared for it. If Atiku or Tinubu takes over from buhari, they'll only tackle our problems the same way Jonathan and Buhari handles them and that is what brought us here. Nigerians need a radical departure from the norms of doing things the same way and expecting different results. Obi will handle our challenges differently because he is gathering new ideas from countries that are actually succeeding.

2. Peter Obi will ACTUALLY cut cost of Governance: Despite all the resources God has blessed us with, Our leaders borrow a lot, and currently, our debt profile had risen to 60 trillion naira (41 trillion in external debt owed China and other foreign countries, 19 trillion internal debt owed the CBN). Every year, we borrow to fund our overbloating and overpadded budget. Nigeria is like a man who borrows money to live large, therefore, the Peter Obi we all know, who is said to be 'stingy' and doesn't tolerate any form of waste of resources or extravagant spending, will massively cut our high cost of governance. Even if he borrow money, he will only borrow to invest and create wealth for our country just as he did in Anambra state. He is the right man for our country at a time like this.

3. Peter Obi will NOT be controlled by any cabal: Cabals are always formed by powerful people who sponsored a candidate financially, structurally etc to win an election, and they usually influence appointments, policies and major decisions the leader makes while in power.
After leaving a major party like the PDP to Labour party, it is clear he doesn't have any structure or big politicians that sponsors him in order to control him in office. If he wins the election, nobody will come out to say "I made him president" like someone had already said about Buhari and Osinbajo. The tired people of this country are his sponsor and his structure. Therefore, if he wins, he will only listen to the people.

4. Peter Obi will lead by Example: Even though he has studied Advanced Management and Leadership programs at Oxford and Cambridge Universities, Obi's character and simple personality is what stood him out as an exemplary leader. He cannot tell his followers to do something and stay away from doing it. He is always very close to the People, and this is where he is different from the rest. His leadership style has won him awards like: Sun Newspaper’s Man of the Year (2007); Thisday Newspaper’s Most Prudent Governor in Nigeria (2009); Champion Newspaper’s Nigeria’s Most Trustworthy Governor (2009); West Africa ICT Development Award for Governor of the Year (2010); among many others.

5. Obi is young, healthy and vigorous: The enormity of the challenges that awaits the next leader of this country is enough for us to pity whoever will succeed Buhari. He must be very strong physically, mentally, emotionally, and must be in good health to face what lies ahead. We no longer need a leader that will sit down one place to sign bills and budgets. He must go out there to face our challenges and find solutions to them. In terms of age and health, Obi stands in a more advantaged position than the rest.

6. Peter Obi will appoint the right people into his government: As a man with passion for excellence, and as a leader that will not be controlled by anyone, Obi will not only appoint the right people to run his government, but will waste no time to fire anyone who underperform. Most of our past leaders failed because of the wrong people that were given to them to appoint as ministers. Sometimes, sacking an underperforming or corrupt appointee becomes very difficult because of fear of offending the godfather that sent his/her name.

7.Obi's Economics Experience and business acumen will help turn around our crippling Economy: Peter Obi's experience and wide knowledge of the Nigerian economy cannot be matched by any other presidential aspirant; not even Atiku. This aspect of his profile is very intimidating. He was the first Nigerian governor to be appointed by president Jonathan into the National Economic Council even when he wasn't a close ally or party member of president Jonathan. This was pure merit. Our economy was among the fastest growing in Africa under GEJ (pls verify). He is a former chairman of Nigerian Security and Exchange Commission(NSE), He was the youngest chairman of Fidelity bank plc, he has sat at the board of directors of many banks in the country. He has served in many Federal government Economic committees like, National Economic Committee on Power Sector Reform; National Economic Council Committee on Sharing of MDGs Funds; National Economic Council Committee on Accurate Data on Nigeria’s Oil Import and Export; and many others.

8. Obi will give the youth enough opportunity in his government: Buhari's government sign Not too young to rule bill into law, yet we still haven't seen any youth participation in government as seen in other advanced countries. Nigerian youths are ready, but they don't have the opportunity. Only a youth friendly leader like Peter Obi can give us such opportunity.

9. Nigeria will be united and peaceful under Peter Obi: Some people think that Obi will divide Nigeria because he is an igbo man. But the truth is- not every igbo man support the struggle for Biafra. Before he became governor, while he was governor, and after he left office as governor, Obi has never been linked or had anything to do with MASSOB, IPOB, their leaders, or any other group that struggles for Biafra. He believes in one Nigeria. He is passionate to turn our economy from a consuming economy to a producing economy. China runs a very high producing economy, and while our leaders always go there to borrow money, Obi will go there to borrow ideas that will turn our economy from consumption to production. When this happens, most of our youths will have what to do and will give up violence and terrorism. Most of the disunity and security challenges we have today is caused by bad leadership. So Peace will return to our nation when people experience good leadership under Obi.

10. Obi is not desperate to be president: Peter Obi is only presenting himself to rescue Nigeria. He is not desperate to grab power like some other people that we all know. Buhari contested and failed 3 times, and even said he won't contest again, but due to his desperation and hunger for power, he still contest for the 4th time in 2015 and finally won. Some of us are lucky to survive his bad leadership. How can we ignore Obi to vote two big politicians whose desperation for power is well known. One has been a serial contestant like buhari, while the other has told us that presidency has been his lifelong ambition. After helping many others into positions of power, he now believe it is his turn to grab power. This is the height of desperation. They have been throwing money around to get support from top politicians while ignoring us the people. Obi will never pay any politician to support him because his hope is in the people. Because of his lack of desperation and respect for the people, Peter Obi is more democratic than the rest.

As OBI-dient citizens of Nigeria, all we want is the best for our country. Those who are tired of bad leadership in this country should support this course. However, we don't have any problem with those who refuse to support OBI. We feel they are not yet tired of bad leadership. Maybe, they will be tired by 2031, and by then, people like OBI may no longer present themselves to rescue this nation. If Obi fail, and the bad governance continue, remember it is you and I that will suffer.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why I Support Peter Obi For President by PVision2020(m): 8:39am On Jun 18, 2022
10 Reasons why I won't support Peter Obi for president.

1. Peter Obi is NOT prepared for Governance:
For a two term Governor, Former Chairman SEC and a member of PDP (Jonathan's) Economic team going to Egypt (2days) to find solution to Nigeria's Power supply deficit, shows a man with no preparedness or solutions to Nigeria's problems.

While Pitobi is stuck in Egypt, Tinubu is already in cannan. Tinubu as Governor added 270MW to the national grid through his IPP project in Marina and Alausa (the legacy still stand)

2. Peter Obi will DEFINITELY NOT cut cost of Governance:
Peter Obi while has governor generated the least IGR (in %) in the south east and one of the lowest IGR in the whole of Nigeria.
Both is predecessor (Ngige) and his successor (Obiano) did far better than him Economic wise.
Peter Obi will rather freeze state funds in Fidelity Bank (where is family is a major shareholder) to run the bank and to meet Soludo's recapitalization policy of a minimum capital requirement of 25billion.
He will also rather invest state funds in his family ogogoro business (Sabmiller/Hero beer)

3. Peter Obi will NOT be controlled by any cabal.
Peter Obi as governor was a weakling controlled and tossed around by cabals (Uba brothers), he was impeached easily less than 7 months as Governor and was replaced by a lady. He would also go ahead to become a cabal and godfather by imposing his account officer and MD of his family bank as Governor

4. Peter Obi will NOT lead by Example:
At the time crude oil sold for as high as 150$, Peter Obi was Chairman of SEC and a member of GEJ Economic team, he showed no leadership as the government was riddled with blatant corruption and wastage.

5. Obi is NOT young, healthy and vigorous:
At 61? If age should be the criteria then we should all vote for Sowore.

6. Peter Obi will NOT appoint the right people into his government.

7.Obi's Economics Experience and business acumen will NOT help turn around our crippling Economy:
His container Economy didn't help Anambra while he was governor with doctors going on strike for 13 months and Anambra state University being shut down for over 6 month.
As a member of GEJ Economic team, Nigeria borrowed to pay salary when a barrel of crude sold for over 100$

8. Obi will give the youth enough opportunity in his government.
Peter Obi has no record of giving opportunity to the youth, compared to Tinubu that raised the like of Osinbajo, Fashola, Fowler, Akabueze, Aregbesola etc in the 30's & 40's to what they are today.

9. Nigeria will be united and peaceful under Peter Obi:
Peter Obi was governor when insecurity was at his peak in Anambra, with kidnapping, arm robbery and massob reactiveness was the order of the day leading to the infamous Akwuzu massacre, where youths in the hundreds were extrajudicially killed and dumped in Ezu river by OCP Nwafor at the order of Peter Obi.
Citizens resorted to self help by forming vigilante groups (famous isakaba and Oye boys) to protect themselves.
Obi's divisiveness against the hausa/Fulani community is also widely recorded and the Anglican/Catholic dichotomy was well pronounced while he was governor.

10. Obi is not desperate to be president:
One of the reason why he should not be president.
Re: 10 Reasons Why I Support Peter Obi For President by iCauseTrouble: 8:40am On Jun 18, 2022
You are a student and you have been at home for months now due to ASUU strike, yet you are supporting APC, Did you come to the life to suffer?

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I Support Peter Obi For President by jumper524(m): 8:41am On Jun 18, 2022
Nice one. Your opinion..

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why I Support Peter Obi For President by jumper524(m): 8:45am On Jun 18, 2022
iCauseTrouble:
You are a student and you have been at home for months now due to ASUU strike, yet you are supporting APC, Did you come to the life to suffer?
so labour party would end insecurity that has eating the major part of our budget and loans, theyll also fight those corrupt thieves who have so much money to employ as much lawyers as possible to frustrate the case, theyll generate imaginary funds to funds ASUU overnight without removing subsidy.
E be like say you never know where your country dey that's why you think say any Saint politicians fit rescue una with integrity.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why I Support Peter Obi For President by Jennyjay283: 8:46am On Jun 18, 2022
Everybody have their reasons too,why they choose theirs

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why I Support Peter Obi For President by gentlegenius(m): 8:48am On Jun 18, 2022
jumper524:
so labour party would end insecurity that has eating the major part of our budget and loans, theyll also fight those corrupt thieves who have so much money to employ as much lawyers as possible to frustrate the case, theyll generate imaginary funds to funds ASUU overnight without removing subsidy.
E be like say you never know where your country dey that's why you think say any Saint politicians fit rescue una with integrity.
You have a point... These things won't improve overnight. Also, no party can fix this country, human beings will. That's why we no longer support parties, but people we know can give us their best, which will drive us closer to where we deserve to be as a country.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why I Support Peter Obi For President by gentlegenius(m): 7:02pm On Jun 18, 2022
PVision2020:

10. Obi is not desperate to be president:
One of the reason why he should not be president.

What a way to summarise your incompetence and ineptitude.
Even Tinubu (your god) will be so disappointed to see the baseless, pointless, and senseless counter rubbish you posted up there. I wrote my 10 reasons based on facts that anyone can verify about Obi, but instead of verifying my points, you choose to counter each of them with your own gabbage. I challenge you to work a little harder and come up with something factual that we can use to rubbish Obi. The more you keep using cooked up tales to try tarnishing Obi's image, the more you'll make him popular.
Once again, thanks for displaying your senselessness in your final point: that Obi is not desperate to be president, that's why we should ignore him and vote for those who are desperate

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why I Support Peter Obi For President by NigerianAngelo(m): 7:40pm On Jun 18, 2022
Okay
Re: 10 Reasons Why I Support Peter Obi For President by Xbobtage: 7:41pm On Jun 18, 2022
PVision2020:
10 Reasons why I won't support Peter Obi for president.

1. Peter Obi is NOT prepared for Governance:
For a two term Governor, Former Chairman SEC and a member of PDP (Jonathan's) Economic team going to Egypt (2days) to find solution to Nigeria's Power supply deficit, shows a man with no preparedness or solutions to Nigeria's problems.

While Pitobi is stuck in Egypt, Tinubu is already in cannan. Tinubu as Governor added 270MW to the national grid through his IPP project in Marina and Alausa (the legacy still stand)

2. Peter Obi will DEFINITELY NOT cut cost of Governance:
Peter Obi while has governor generated the least IGR (in %) in the south east and one of the lowest IGR in the whole of Nigeria.
Both is predecessor (Ngige) and his successor (Obiano) did far better than him Economic wise.
Peter Obi will rather freeze state funds in Fidelity Bank (where is family is a major shareholder) to run the bank and to meet Soludo's recapitalization policy of a minimum capital requirement of 25billion.
He will also rather invest state funds in his family ogogoro business (Sabmiller/Hero beer)

My man, all this one you are saying. Nobody is being deceived or misled by the Indonesian language you wrote up there. You think we have all been blind all these years or we are all deaf and dumb??

Look Peter Obi when compared to your typical nigerian politician is in a class all by himself. Hopefully whether he wins or not, our response to this election will inspire a new generation of simple and trustworthy politicians in this country.

Peter wey be like person wey dem bin clear to contest for persidency for Norway, him con mistakenly miss road come nigeria dey contest...and you sey make we leave am go vote for una usual Thief Thief people. Una no well!

Oboy come! Anything they are paying you to write this nonsense lies about Peter, just enjoy the money but know this. For Peter Matter, We no dey give Shi Shi, and we no dey collect ur shishi !!! Rather this country must come out from this sambisa wey we dey by fire by force!!

If peter doesnt win this election then Baba God himself must come down come tell us wetin nigerians do am. Even isrealites wey crucify him pikin Jesus are progressing.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Bye Bye For Obidients” – Senator Nnamani Asks Supporters To Dump Peter Obi / Obasanjo, Wike, Obi Others Meet In London / I Call On Atiku's Supporters Not To Join The Fake News Campaign Against Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.