Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,652 members, 7,801,898 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

NIGERIA, An Enduring Tragicomedy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIGERIA, An Enduring Tragicomedy (204 Views)

This Is A New Nigeria, An Alliance Of North And South-West - Femi Fani-Kayode / Tinubu Inner Circle & Cabinet That Will Make Nigeria An Economic Powerhouse / “tatatata” Kogi Election AS A Tragicomedy And The Rest Of Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NIGERIA, An Enduring Tragicomedy by Mystiquefia: 9:12am On Jun 18, 2022
From Doctrine of Necessity to Placeholder Vice-presidential nominees, Nigeria keep wobbling from one error to another with tragic effects and we all sit and think this is normal.

This nation is in dire straits. I never thought I will live to see the day when a man will go on national television to announce himself as a Vice Presidential Candidate in a national election and gleefully tell the world and to the hearing of the electoral umpire that I am just a placeholder. Is this the intendment of the lawmakers when they made the provision for replacement of candidates in the electoral Act? Isn't this making nonsense of the serious intendment of the law?

I never also thought that I will see the day when names of Vice Presidential Candidate nominees will be forwarded in secret to the electoral umpire.

This entire charade underscores the importance our political operators place on our electoral system and this chambolism we call democracy. They feel they can manipulate everything including the people by twisting and turning the rules to suit their goals.

It is nauseating ad nauseam.

By Austin Emaduku
Austin Emaduku is a public affairs analyst and philospher
Re: NIGERIA, An Enduring Tragicomedy by Mystiquefia: 9:36am On Jun 18, 2022

(1) (Reply)

Osun Declares Friday A Public Holiday For PVC Collection / MURIC ....the Umbrella Body Of Touts And Miscreants! / Tukur Buratai Is A Man Of Decency, Integrity – Wole Arisekola Reacts To Sahara R

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.