Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,964 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

Is The “I Am Not Igbo” Statement Haunting Wike? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is The “I Am Not Igbo” Statement Haunting Wike? (790 Views)

I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo / Junaid Mohammed: Buhari's Promise To Lead Boko Haram War Is Now Haunting Him / We Are Not Igbo– Dr Ojieh, National President Izu Anioma. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The “I Am Not Igbo” Statement Haunting Wike? by Penguin2: 9:35am On Jun 18, 2022
In the space of less than a month, the governor of Rivers State, Barr. Nyesom Wike, has lost two important political battles he faced that could have put him on the path to the presidency.

First, he failed to pick the PDP presidential ticket and second, he failed being named as running mate to Atiku Abubakar even after multiple sources reported that PDP panel set up to look for a running mate for Atiku voted for Wike at a 16 to 3 ratio against Okowa who was eventually picked.

The question one needs to ask is why these sudden misfortunes on Wike?

Well, we all know how loudmouthed he is and how he does not know how to pick his fight, but I think his greatest undoing was dissociating himself from the larger Igbo race.

I have always mentioned it that Wike killed his political career the day he made that statement but some shortsighted individuals never agreed with me.

The implication of that statement by Wike is that he relegated himself to an Ikwerre man alone instead of being part of the more populous and influential Igbo race.

Amaechi understood the importance of being part of the larger Igbo family and that’s why he has always mentioned that he is Igbo in all public fora.

Same thing that Ifeanyi Okowa understands by claiming that he is an Igbo man in South south. And believe me, that is what worked in his favour.

The calculation of Atiku and his strategists in picking Okowa is that he will serve as a bridge between Igbos in Southeast and the Southsouth part of the country and help garner votes from that region.

But we all know that for everything that Okowa is, Wike equally is, except that he has told the world he is not and now political strategists can no longer comfortably give to Wike what is meant for the Igbo man because Igbos will not agree. But we wouldn’t mind if an Amaechi or an Okowa gets it.

So in all, it is safe to say that naysayers can now agree with me that Wike killed his political career the day he told the world he is not Igbo.

Penguin is a bird of reason.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The “I Am Not Igbo” Statement Haunting Wike? by gracealonev: 9:38am On Jun 18, 2022
Naturally, it is not advisable to pick a person that eyes the same position as you do in Nigeria.
cool

1 Like

Re: Is The “I Am Not Igbo” Statement Haunting Wike? by Parachoko: 9:39am On Jun 18, 2022
It is not affecting Wike.

Atiku made it clear why he choose Okowa.

Okowa is an Ika man.

Tinubu will defeat the PDP in the South South.

44 Likes

Re: Is The “I Am Not Igbo” Statement Haunting Wike? by ygowon: 9:40am On Jun 18, 2022
Parachoko:
It is not affecting Wike.

Atiku made it clear why he choose Okowa.

Okowa is an Ika man.

Tinubu will defeat the PDP in the South South.
The whole south is for new Nigeria. Obi

9 Likes

Re: Is The “I Am Not Igbo” Statement Haunting Wike? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:42am On Jun 18, 2022
gracealonev:
Naturally, it is not advisable to pick a person that eyes the same position as you do.
cool

Nonsense. Obama picked Biden.

1 Like

Re: Is The “I Am Not Igbo” Statement Haunting Wike? by Totilopussylick(m): 9:43am On Jun 18, 2022
gracealonev:
Naturally, it is not advisable to pick a person that eyes the same position as you do.
cool

They can't be "Two" ogas in one office.

One has to be "low"

And Wike doesn't want to stay low undecided tongue undecided
Re: Is The “I Am Not Igbo” Statement Haunting Wike? by Totilopussylick(m): 9:44am On Jun 18, 2022
AlfaSeltzer:

Nonsense. Obama picked Biden.

You can't compare white brain

With black brain

1 Like

Re: Is The “I Am Not Igbo” Statement Haunting Wike? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:44am On Jun 18, 2022
Totilopussylick:

You can't compare white brain

With black brain

Obama is black.
Re: Is The “I Am Not Igbo” Statement Haunting Wike? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:45am On Jun 18, 2022
No because one particular part of the country fear him greatly. He is the only one politian from the southern hemisphere they talk about when political discussion get serious.

1 Like

Re: Is The “I Am Not Igbo” Statement Haunting Wike? by Penguin2: 9:46am On Jun 18, 2022
Totilopussylick:

They can't be "Two" ogas in one office.

One has to be "low"

And Wike doesn't want to stay low undecided tongue undecided

Wike’s over ambitious nature is part of the reason but trust me, one of the greatest reason is that he can’t get votes from Southeast after dissociating himself from the Igbo race.

2 Likes

Re: Is The “I Am Not Igbo” Statement Haunting Wike? by Totilopussylick(m): 9:47am On Jun 18, 2022
AlfaSeltzer:

Obama is black.

Yeah but with white brain
Re: Is The “I Am Not Igbo” Statement Haunting Wike? by NATIONALPASTOR: 10:06am On Jun 18, 2022
Wine lost because he denied being an Igbo, which he is.

Igbo's made wine governor of Rivers and did in the second term but he rewarded his brothers with denying them.

Nobody will trust a man that denied his tribesmen.

4 Likes

Re: Is The “I Am Not Igbo” Statement Haunting Wike? by Legendforte: 10:52am On Jun 18, 2022
Ikwerre where wike hails from is a recognized ethnic group in nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Is The “I Am Not Igbo” Statement Haunting Wike? by Nobody: 11:23am On Jun 18, 2022
Legendforte:
Ikwerre where wike hails from is a recognized ethnic group in nigeria.
differentiate between ethnicity and tribe your Time starts now

2 Likes

Re: Is The “I Am Not Igbo” Statement Haunting Wike? by Nobody: 11:58am On Jun 18, 2022
Wikes political career ends immediately he leaves office

1 Like

Re: Is The “I Am Not Igbo” Statement Haunting Wike? by OBALOLA55(m): 12:05pm On Jun 18, 2022
SOUTH WEST AND NORTHERN ONLINE WARRIORS WEY DEAR GINGER AM WHEN HE DEY MURDER OBIGBO PEOPLE DON FREE AM MAKE HE CARRY HIM CROSS ALONE

1 Like

Re: Is The “I Am Not Igbo” Statement Haunting Wike? by Tranquill: 12:36pm On Jun 18, 2022
NATIONALPASTOR:
Wine lost because he denied being an Igbo, which he is.

Igbo's made wine governor of Rivers and did in the second term but he rewarded his brothers with denying them.

Nobody will trust a man that denied his tribesmen.

Wike did not ‘deny’ being Igbo but clarified that he is not Igbo.. Ikwerre is not Igbo.

You guys should just stop these your nonsense and let people be.

You claim ‘Igbos made’ Wike governor but not sensible enough to explain how. It is expected that you’ll make one Igbo person from Okigwe governor of Rivers State this time at least to showcase how you can make governors.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Wike Insulted His Way To Power - Babangida / Between Tinubu and Nigerian Christians / Pictures Of Senator Ademola Adeleke Governorship Campaign In Okuku, Odo-otin LG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.