Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,183 members, 7,780,259 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:28 AM

Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion (53534 Views)

Nigeria Musicians Who Have Beefs With Each Other (must see) / Nigeria Musicians Who Influenced Fraudulent Music To The Industry / Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by GUNITGuy: 3:48pm On Jun 18, 2022
Ilaje1:

Firstly they didn't package shit to compete with Americans. The most constant thing in life is change. Naija music has always been dynamic and there are different genre. Baba fryo, danfo driver, father u turn, daddy fresh, gravity, daddy showkey just to mention few have their own genre which is ahegunle galala. You have people Blackky, Zito etc with their genre. And you Majek Fashek who was already international with his reggae influenced with talking drum. AIT started in late 96. Seyi Shodimu already released one or 2 tracks, same with Mc that sang allen avenue. Lots of us that time were already singing boyz to men, memorizing tupac and Biggie rhymes. Remedies went to meet Kennies so they can use AIT to air their music. I remember Kenny gave them the opportunity to perform life - shakomo. And people loved it. Kenny and Dayo used the opportunity to start a label using AIT (own by Kenny in-law) to make money. And AIT started lunch break program anchored by Jumini Adegbesan and sometimes with Tosin Odukoya. My point is don't call those guys nobodies, they were already known in their areas before AIT came. Without AIT, they would still be prominent because naija hip-hop (as it was called them was ascending). Kennies were just cashing out because they had the TV, and AIT was the only TV transmitting 24/7 then (they started it). So it was normal to be looking forward to lunch break with Juobi at 12pm-2pm.
Like I said they gave some people opportunity
You've still not ruled out kennis music....They had their shortcomings but still played a role in the entertainment industry
Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by VirileNelly2420: 3:49pm On Jun 18, 2022
KiNg0G:
When I see people talking about how tiktok, instagram, social media influence the whole nigeria music and made it more opened to the masses (upcoming artist) to thrive on. I quite agreed with them but one thing they always forget is to give accolades to the two men who made it possible before those app came noticed.

We all knew how the nigeria music industry operated in the early 2000s, ( 2 decades ago) it was controlled by different cabals who called themselves record labels, from kennis music, square records, storm records, mo hit and some other few. if you don't belong to any of the aforementioned you can't get a collaboration not to talk of making it big in nigeria. they were many upcoming artist then who were so good but was never heard of because soundcity refuses to play their songs. Them never play kennis stars music finish, na you when dey ojulegba...na them want play?
Radio stations were delibartely turning down upcoming musicians record tapes except you got connection to pull some strings.

Then came wizkid and Davido, they changed the entire music scene from the hands of this cabals and the monopoly they practiced. like so many wizkid was signed to eme record when he was still a teenager. he spent few years and left, during that time alot of upcoming artist saw that they could actually thrived, since wizkid did it, davido did it within a short period of time they could also.

That was the end of the Godfatherism in the nigeria music entertainment. so many of them old school musicisns with likes of dbanj, 2face were forced to retirement home! thumbs up to wizkid and davido they made the industry opened to everyone because they practically decentralized it and they forever have my respect for that.
I don't totally agree... Innovation in media and technology changed d whole thing. Not Wizkid and Davido doings.

Meanwhile, who retired who? Tuface Neva retired by d emergent of Wizkid nor Davido.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by LINTUNE(m): 3:50pm On Jun 18, 2022
seguntijan:
I think Badoo should get the accolades more.

You can link Davido with I think Don jazzy when he started

You can link Whizkid with Banky W

But Olamide Badoo was rejected because of his style of music by the bigwigs in the industry. He went to hustle for a year and sponsored himself to stardom.

To me Olamide Badoo is the hero, he let other upcoming to believe that they don't need cabals.
oga link Badoo to idikabasa, be like say u be indomie man to make this kind comment.
Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by GUNITGuy: 3:50pm On Jun 18, 2022
Ilaje1:

Firstly they didn't package shit to compete with Americans. The most constant thing in life is change. Naija music has always been dynamic and there are different genre. Baba fryo, danfo driver, father u turn, daddy fresh, gravity, daddy showkey just to mention few have their own genre which is ahegunle galala. You have people Blackky, Zito etc with their genre. And you Majek Fashek who was already international with his reggae influenced with talking drum. AIT started in late 96. Seyi Shodimu already released one or 2 tracks, same with Mc that sang allen avenue. Lots of us that time were already singing boyz to men, memorizing tupac and Biggie rhymes. Remedies went to meet Kennies so they can use AIT to air their music. I remember Kenny gave them the opportunity to perform life - shakomo. And people loved it. Kenny and Dayo used the opportunity to start a label using AIT (own by Kenny in-law) to make money. And AIT started lunch break program anchored by Jumini Adegbesan and sometimes with Tosin Odukoya. My point is don't call those guys nobodies, they were already known in their areas before AIT came. Without AIT, they would still be prominent because naija hip-hop (as it was called them was ascending). Kennies were just cashing out because they had the TV, and AIT was the only TV transmitting 24/7 then (they started it). So it was normal to be looking forward to lunch break with Juobi at 12pm-2pm.
You didn't even make mention of glo, mtn even Obasanjo made policies that brought the music success we see in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by VirileNelly2420: 3:59pm On Jun 18, 2022
GOATandYAMtheory:
which nonsense okoye? For performing in Ghana or Gambia? You are a sick bigot, fahdickA
Ha, nawa u o... Psquare?
Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by VirileNelly2420: 4:05pm On Jun 18, 2022
KiNg0G:
true but we talking about wizkid and davido.... olamide own was grace plus feature he did with wizkid omotoshan.

If he didn't feature wizkid I doubt if he would have been noticed at all
Na lie...!
One of d hit da made olamide popular na da "First of all go down low..."
Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by Emmyjay007(m): 4:06pm On Jun 18, 2022
Good day Naralanders
Please help a fellow Naralander, I have been out of employment for over a year now and I have a 4 yr old asmatic son.
He has been admitted in LUTH now for over a week and I have run out of resources, I can't even afford his inhaler and other prescribed drugs let alone pay for his treatment..
I beg with all humility do sis. Anything at all Will be of help
Gtbank

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by angelfallz(m): 4:20pm On Jun 18, 2022
OP (original post) so whether you're the person that posted it or not, what i said still stands.

You that is not taking any marijuana, are you any better?

KiNg0G:

How can I be defending the op, when I'm the op.

You need to stop taking igbo, it's affecting you bro.
Brotherly advice
Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by swissgoldenpro2: 4:20pm On Jun 18, 2022
Very interesting article
Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by Bar1941(m): 4:24pm On Jun 18, 2022
KiNg0G:
true but we talking about wizkid and davido.... olamide own was grace plus feature he did with wizkid omotoshan.

Olamide deserves the accolades more, the likes of Wizy and Davido can be linked to some godfathers at the initial stages of their careers but Olamide stood out. He even berated going to "Star quest" before attaining stardom then when he was nobody, a practice many upcoming artistes believed will shoot them to stardom and yet he made it. He's the real MVP.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by Emac34: 4:34pm On Jun 18, 2022
gaby:
The advent and proliferation of these various social media apps actually did the trick.

Yeah, Davido and Wizkid brought a different dimension on the scene but heck no, they didn't popularize or viralise their own songs, these apps did. So, we should be thanking the apps.

If the producers of yore had these apps in their days, they'd have done great numbers too. Imagine the numbers "African Queen" would have done in a TikTok era. How many songs by the duo of WizKid and Davido has dropped a song in the mould of it?

That would have been the first Nigerian mainstream song to bring a grammy home.

Don't criticize the old labels, it was what it was in their time and it is what it is now, today.

well wizkid had multiple international awards before the streaming era, he sold out a 5k capacity hall in they UK around 2012… Wiz, Olamida and David were there before TikTok

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by Emac34: 4:36pm On Jun 18, 2022
Bar1941:

Olamide deserves the accolades more, the likes of Wizy and Davido can be linked to some godfathers at the initial stages of their careers but Olamide stood out. He even berated going to "Star quest" before attaining stardom then when he was nobody, a practice many upcoming artistes believed will shoot them to stardom and yet he made it. He's the real MVP.

Olamida also had ID Cabassa

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by Emac34: 4:39pm On Jun 18, 2022
LINTUNE:
oga link Badoo to idikabasa, be like say u be indomie man to make this kind comment.

Him know no anything, all three of them once had a push to they top ID cabasa was big back then
Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by Bar1941(m): 4:53pm On Jun 18, 2022
Emac34:

Olamida also had ID Cabassa

Yeah, you were right, he had a brief stay with him but going by his contributions to up and coming artistes in recent time, I think he and Davido deserve it more.
Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by Calibrator: 4:54pm On Jun 18, 2022
Internet and the rise of streaming services opened up the industry..... Those two only capitalised as the two leading artists during the initial boom.

They did what anybody in their position would have done.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by Joshuadavidodog(m): 5:16pm On Jun 18, 2022
KiNg0G:
Massive shout out to king125007

Wizkid fc and Davido fc.

We need not fight today, let's appreciate this two living legends.

Remember I'm no blogger, but a music lover

#Analyzt

Edited

That's the reason I left olamide out

And we still can't dispute The influence those two have till today olamide can't be compared to it

Let's leave that argument for another day

Eniduro was a hit on the street of lagos, it didn't put baddo on the spotlight.. talking about the thick corners of the east or The ghettos in the south.

Let's talk true for once

I'm a southerner and till today not everyone heard about eniduro during when it was realeasd.

But same can't be said for omotoshan ft wizkid.

You can't compare the airplay they got.. That song made olamide blow home and away... parties and all... The Four corners of nigeria.
I can lecture you more

But it will be on my next post.

Just the way bank brought wizkid out. Whiz kid hasn't produce any serious superstar. You can't count how many olamide has produced.
Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by Emac34: 5:19pm On Jun 18, 2022
Bar1941:

Yeah, you were right, he had a brief stay with him but going by his contributions to up and coming artistes in recent time, I think he and Davido deserve it more.

I disagree, they brief stay you made mention of was all that matters and Davido on the other hand had backings from his rich parents
Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by Asianjollof007: 5:23pm On Jun 18, 2022
Favorolasupo:
Abi na..I just heard about burna five years after i knew Olamide,wizkid and Davido...

They all know the truth, yeah he is doing great but they shouldn't put olamide aside in other to put him in the G.O.A.T.S picture.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by Count6: 5:35pm On Jun 18, 2022
gaby:
The advent and proliferation of these various social media apps actually did the trick.

Yeah, Davido and Wizkid brought a different dimension on the scene but heck no, they didn't popularize or viralise their own songs, these apps did. So, we should be thanking the apps.

If the producers of yore had these apps in their days, they'd have done great numbers too. Imagine the numbers "African Queen" would have done in a TikTok era. How many songs by the duo of WizKid and Davido has dropped a song in the mould of it?

Don't criticize the old labels, it was what it was in their time and it is what it is now, today.

Exactly bro �
Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by haybhi1(m): 5:39pm On Jun 18, 2022
KiNg0G:
This guy is 24 at most, and even more so daft, because I've seen a lot teenagers who reason better.
How could you put up a public post with this much in-depth shallowness and one-sidedness. Just because the first page of each thread carries the essential coverage, and you can easily use it to decorate your sentiments doesn't mean everyone on NL is daft enough to swallow your gibberish.

Fine, you could hate Olamide, love these other guys and still put up an article devoted to fact and devoid of biasness.

Olamide Eni Duro was a street anthem, with a guarantee to still gather as much listeners it did, even today. Song was too catchy you couldn't escape. I briefly left Lagos in 2010 to a suburb in Imeko, Ogun border, and surprised it enveloped that state. Radio stations, parties, carnivals, were not left out in south west its infection. Every contemporary music fans I meet hum along with apparent pleasure whenever it springs up during nostalgic music beckoning.

Yet, you open your odorific, brassiere mouth to ridicule Olamide?

Someone whose early songs were part of the motivation some of us use to wield through this chaotic world.

While other two guys - without taking an inch from their respects - were getting massive promotions and financial backings from their respective supports, Olamide was taking solace in the below average support Coded Tunez offered by effortlessly and tirelessly enthralling us with his never-ending witty hits and lyrics. His fragile supports were not even going to provide him with massive backing based on their presumption that his style had no place, yet dude continued grinding, delivering, and gluing us.
Need I enlist some of his sauces? This post would be too lengthy.

Listen to Enduro, Apa ti jabo, Responsibility and First of all where he preaches a similitude to independence from godfatherism.

Dbanj luxuriously hosted him with the goal to sign him, baba divulge that "It is too late for anyone to sign Badoo..." to D banj's person, while still brimming respect for him. Instead, they collaborated on a song.

Now, I do not want to even take you along the lines of upbringing artistes, where Olamide remains a stalwart too. You have to have a stu.pid definition of 'causes that warrant indebtedness'.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by Wwwq: 5:49pm On Jun 18, 2022
How
Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by Nocommonsense: 6:02pm On Jun 18, 2022
Tolexander:
The bolded is a big lie.
Olamide has been popular before being featured by Wizkid.
“Eni duro” single released by Olamide put him into stardom when Olamide was with ID Cabasa.

Your analysis is shallow and typical of the indomie generation, though I agree with some of your opinions
When I read it I knew he was sentimental he doesn’t want to give Olamide the accolades due his style of music then Olamide has been the biggest fish in the industry hustle just only one year and create his record label that was what wizkid and davido see that made them do the same

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by NdakoIb(m): 6:05pm On Jun 18, 2022
[quote author=KiNg0G post=113915142]Massive shout out to king125007

Wizkid fc and Davido fc.

We need not fight today, let's appreciate this two living legends.

Remember I'm no blogger, but a music lover

#Analyzt

Edited

That's the reason I left olamide out

And we still can't dispute The influence those two have till today olamide can't be compared to it

Let's leave that argument for another day

Eniduro was a hit on the street of lagos, it didn't put baddo on the spotlight.. talking about the thick corners of the east or The ghettos in the south.

Let's talk true for once

I'm a southerner and till today not everyone heard about eniduro during when it was realeasd.

But same can't be said for omotoshan ft wizkid.

You can't compare the airplay they got.. That song made olamide blow home and away... parties and all... The Four corners of nigeria.
I can lecture you more

But it will be on my next post.

EniDoro received alot airplay through out Nigeria. That was the track that made the difference
Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by jojothaiv(m): 6:13pm On Jun 18, 2022
seguntijan:
I think Badoo should get the accolades more.
You can link Davido with I think Don jazzy when he started
You can link Whizkid with Banky W
But Olamide Badoo was rejected because of his style of music by the bigwigs in the industry. He went to hustle for a year and sponsored himself to stardom.
To me Olamide Badoo is the hero, he let other upcoming to believe that they don't need cabals.
You forget about the ID Cabassa Coded Tunes part of Olamide story.
Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by Allisgud: 6:14pm On Jun 18, 2022
gaby:

true if assuming all this platform was in Thier era,they will do better
Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by Allisgud: 6:18pm On Jun 18, 2022
Remove davido there he started big like a record,bigwiz thumbs up,afro beat thats Gon globally today social media also contributed is the biggest tool,which simply means if it was in those days our artiste will great also
Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by LZAA: 6:19pm On Jun 18, 2022
Vinnie2000:

SHUT UP! And pay attention when elders are talking.

What do you about Nigerian Music apart ur idol Wizkid and also Davido

If i ask u Davido or Tekno or D'banj or Timaya's first hit song, I can bet you will be Stranded!
FATALITY!! grin grin grin
but OP really for you to say eni duro was just a street song is so off the mark i had to laugh
Eni duro was so hot all over Nigeria peeps wey no sabi yoruba were asking what does it mean
Also toni payne helped badoo out when he started
So like a poster said calm down,chill and listen to facts
Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by brio1408: 6:23pm On Jun 18, 2022
You be real OG. I don't think this generation ever used their money to buy book containing all their Lyrics.
Ilaje1:

You be mumu calling Baba Fryo, Daddy Showkey low class music. You be proper ode. Every music has his own time. Showkey and Co and been in the game since 1990 (officially)..they are ajegunle made music. Naija hip-hop was in ascendancy in 94 with Boz to men, Tupac and Biggie at their peak. Even Kennies still produced the likes of Showkey, daddy fresh, father u turn ft pasuma - Yetunde. Because there was market for it. Even Danfo driver was still during Kennies. So Kennies didnt not revolutionized shit, Naija music had always been dynamic. We had people like Alex o, Zito, Daniel Wilson, Edna Okoli, Yellow man etc before them. And they were also Juju, reggae , fuji, high life etc on the other side. Music basically change in naija and you have to change with it.

And to original poster that said wisky and Davido changed reduced godfatherism is talking nonsense. It is technology that changed things and this is not peculiar to Nigeria alone but the world.
Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by MisterKennedy(m): 7:31pm On Jun 18, 2022
AmandaLuv:
This is really true. I remember when Kennis music was choking us up on TV and radio acting like gods esp that fat one called Kenny always shouting kekekekenny and then the cool and quiet but wicked one, Dayo D1.
Thank God their era is gone.
You're right baby girl
Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by Philuv007: 7:38pm On Jun 18, 2022
God bless u more.. Don't mind the op

[/quote]
Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by Philuv007: 7:42pm On Jun 18, 2022
My gee.. sense no go finish for ur head.. God bless you more..
Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by Philuv007: 7:43pm On Jun 18, 2022
God bless u more.. sense no go finish for ur head...
brio1408:
You be real OG. I don't think this generation ever used their money to buy book containing all their Lyrics.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

'Smile' Official Video - Wizkid Features His 3 Sons, Banky W / Is Masturbation Responsible For Lack Of Progress In My Music Career (pics) / Kanye West Remix Davido’s 'IF' Song With A Mass Choir

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.