Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:03 AM

A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account (32631 Views)

Dangote, Widow At Loggerhead Over 37 Acres Of Land At Ajah / Is Joint Account Good? / 21 Years Old Boy Sacked His Boss And Wedded His Boss Fiance Within 3 Momths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Adeleketoyin(f): 3:13pm On Jun 18, 2022
My people please I need your advice.

I'm having a lil loggerhead with my Fiance.

My fiance works in a company, which doesn't give him time to come home or live in his rented apartment for long.
I currently run a confectionery shop in my father's house.

My Fiance however wants to have a joint account with me when we get married soon in this my confectionery business. According to him, he'll support me, to help him get free in the future to stop his salary work and probably start another business without affecting the family.

But I don't want to have any joint account or partner with anyone in this my confectionery business. I want my business without any check or partner.
He's insisting on joint account to run the business and its getting into our relationship.

Please what do you advice?

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Stephen0mozzy: 3:15pm On Jun 18, 2022
How about he starts his own business and then groom it on the sides till he can stop his salary work....not much info was given though... But the idea of a a Joint account doesn't mean he can use it to buy a stake in your business..

If he wants to learn confectionary and start his own, make e learn....

Later them go say na only the other gender dey do this kind of thing

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:24pm On Jun 18, 2022
let him know ASAP that you are not comfortable sharing this biz with him and/or having any interference by anyone on how to run your biz.... also remind him that his idea could be a big disaster that will not only affect your biz but also your r/ship with him.

as much as he wants to find some free time to be with you, your biz is NOT the solution

107 Likes 5 Shares

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Adeleketoyin(f): 5:55pm On Jun 18, 2022
Alright. Thanks.
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jun 18, 2022
You should insist on what you want and don't let him guilt trip you. I believe that a couple can still lead there independent ambition even while married. I pray he doesn't even have ulterior motives for insisting. Although you can still have a joint account that is independent of your business account.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by xtivin(m): 8:11pm On Jun 18, 2022
Mtchew. Half story!!!, The guy gave you funds to start business and now wants joint account you are now putting the message as if he is the problem. Better agree with him quickly. These people sef undecided

183 Likes 5 Shares

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Nobody: 6:09am On Jun 19, 2022
You are not his WIFE.
So let him know.
U Guys should learn to distinguish Bedmates from Husband & Wife.
Until he marries you then you Guys can step up!
At this level, ur name is still written with a temporary marker. He can delist you or vice versa. U may wake up one morning & decide to delist him.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Muchmore024: 2:22pm On Jun 20, 2022
Tell him what you wrote up there or Send him a link to this post.

13 Likes

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by iCauseTrouble: 2:22pm On Jun 20, 2022
He is just a lazy man and may kill the business if you allow him.

16 Likes

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by emmabest2000(m): 2:22pm On Jun 20, 2022
The same reason why Ini Edo's marriage crashed grin

Broken relationship is better than Broken marriage grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Ballzproblemm: 2:22pm On Jun 20, 2022
women Sha! dey will never sacrifice anything for you everything is all about them well since you he insisted on creating joint account and it might cause problem in the future ,I advice you to put small money into it make sure he agrees with the amount money you will put, if he insists on large funds then am afraid you have to call it off.my two cent.

6 Likes

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Bobloco: 2:22pm On Jun 20, 2022
angryW
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by inoki247: 2:22pm On Jun 20, 2022
lol
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by sharpshap(m): 2:22pm On Jun 20, 2022
Na you sabi.
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jun 20, 2022
Better break up the relationship. If you cannot agree on money issues, you won't agree on anything.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by IgOga(m): 2:23pm On Jun 20, 2022
grin grin

Why can't he start his own business? Of all the issues in marriage na joint account bro wan take start.

Tell him to think about his own business. It is good to have two businesses as a family. If one isn't doing well the other would. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.......Let him start his own.

Above all be clear in your decisions and reason. If joint account is more important to him than the relationship...then I don't know what to advice you....advice yourself

12 Likes

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Slynation(m): 2:23pm On Jun 20, 2022
All I can tell you is to kwechiri...E get why!!!

2 Likes

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Emerald04(m): 2:23pm On Jun 20, 2022
If e say na joint account e want, give am nau

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by money121(m): 2:23pm On Jun 20, 2022
Ok
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by NoToTerrorists: 2:23pm On Jun 20, 2022
SERVE HIM BREAKFAST

3 Likes

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Christane: 2:23pm On Jun 20, 2022
money matter dat can destroy a full country not to talk of ordinary relationship ...just try and sit him down and tell him ur reason ..maybe he will see reason with u.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Naanlong01: 2:24pm On Jun 20, 2022
Sit him down and have him understand your views
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Dpharisee: 2:24pm On Jun 20, 2022
You didn't indicate anywhere that he is a spendthrift, but you can open your naked pussy in a joint account with his dick but not joint accountin a bank, that's the problem with many women shocked
Meanwhile, you are aware of his income and now feels that joint account will give him advantage because you earn more than him now.

I hope you will say the same thing if he suddenly starts making millions.
Free that guy now so that he can find another woman that understands his ideology.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Connected1: 2:24pm On Jun 20, 2022
If you can't trust him with your money, then the relationship is not worth it.

End it now because una marriage nor go get head.

There's a young lady in the street next to mine, she runs a phone charging and pos business with her Fiance, the guy works in the market as a real hustler, I hope you understand, nor be white collar job, they are currently building their own house.

It's all about love and trust, sacrifices must be paid, if you don't agree now, you may regret it or enjoy it later, it's all about trust, if he's a trustworthy person, then I don't see a problem there.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by TalkTalkTwins(m): 2:24pm On Jun 20, 2022
grin
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:24pm On Jun 20, 2022
Important thing to know about Joint Account
: While no account holder can remove another account holder from a joint account without that person's consent, few banks will stop you from withdrawing or transferring the entire balance on your own.

xtivin:
Mtchew. Half story!!!, The guy gave you funds to start business and now wants joint account you are now putting the message as if he is the problem. Better agree with him quickly. These people sef undecided
Na for where you read this one for her story?!
Some of you people here sha.
Una go just type rubbish and annoying lies with so much confidence.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Khaleesi4lyf(f): 2:24pm On Jun 20, 2022
xtivin:
Hian!!! Is that what she said undecided

4 Likes

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by izzy4shizzy(m): 2:25pm On Jun 20, 2022
Lmao! Girls!

Your money na her money but her money no be your money

Well, lemme sit and wait for elders to come with advice

4 Likes

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Image123(m): 2:25pm On Jun 20, 2022
Join join is not by force. It's just a good advice. But you should both be willing to share with each other. You can't be joined to someone and complain of interference as either husband or wife. That's just a contract not a marriage.

1 Like

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by princeemmma(m): 2:25pm On Jun 20, 2022
Advice will do nothing my sister, is either you accept to run a joint account to go against you own will and at last you might end up regreting

Or

You refuse joint account and loose your fiance

My advice is for you to sit your fiance down and address the issue to him, tell him your own angle of thinking ............. explain the advantage and disadvantage of the joint account in your own angle

if he still refuse, then you should know what to do
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Sanchez01: 2:25pm On Jun 20, 2022
Adeleketoyin:
My people please I need your advice.

I'm having a lil loggerhead with my Fiance.

My fiance works in a company, which doesn't give him time to come home or live in his rented apartment for long.
I currently run a confectionery shop in my father's house.

My Fiance however wants to have a joint account with me when we get married soon in this my confectionery business. According to him, he'll support me, to help him get free in the future to stop his salary work and probably start another business without affecting the family.

But I don't want to have any joint account or partner with anyone in this my confectionery business. I want my business without any check or partner.
He's insisting on joint account to run the business and its getting into our relationship.

Please what do you advice?
That's him indirectly requesting a stake in your business and taking out money when he needs it. It is better to reject it outrightly. If he can't support you without partnering with you, then it can only mean the help he wants to render is expected to be paid back through owning a stake in your business.

If he wants to walk after that, just know he isn't your peace of mind.

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Customers Scam Banks With Fake Visas, Tickets For Forex / Prices Of Foodstuffs Go Down In Lagos Markets / What Can He Do With His 350k Contribution?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.