Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out (43320 Views)

2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? / Mr.jollof To Governor Ifeanyi Okowa, I Want Bet You Say AGBO Dey Cure COVID-19 / Litmus Test: Will Delta State House Of Assembly Lick Vomit And Swallow Okowa’s I (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by FlipModeSquade(m): 10:14pm On Jun 18, 2022
Jman06:
Okowa has never denied being Igbo.
Lol..
He was too preoccupied distancing himself from every issue that had to do with Igbos,to offer up a formal denial..
Him and his people would be the first to refer to you as Igbo,so what does that make them?

2 Likes

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by jaxxy(m): 10:14pm On Jun 18, 2022
Lol
Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Cmanforall: 10:15pm On Jun 18, 2022
Noneroone:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/06/im-an-igbo-man-cant-be-counted-out-says-okowa/
The South South, South East, South West etc divides are not even geographical divide, but geoPOLITICAL divide with imaginary lines
Okowa anywhere you want to identify yourself with, you are free
Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by emezuo17: 10:15pm On Jun 18, 2022
Tifesingz:
I’ve never seen more confused tribe than these Igbo people... later they’ll say they are counting them out.

Even Obi that’s gaining momentum now, you guys can’t even support, now tell me how other people want to take you seriously.
. Just the way all Yorubas are supporting Tinubu, including Doyin Okupe.

2 Likes

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Vinnie2000(m): 10:17pm On Jun 18, 2022
This failed Governor wants to deceive people!
The ikas of Delta are NEVER Igbos!
When busty Dorathy of bbnaija called herself Igbo, her ika pple were so very angry!
Their culture is even similar to bini pple!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Grandkay21(m): 10:17pm On Jun 18, 2022
We know you guys , Anioma,Agbo Kwale will always tell you that they are not igbo ,forget the name , Even Wike of River State denied begining igbo, election is here now you are jumping from South-south to south east , after betraying your brothers

12 Likes

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Jostoman: 10:18pm On Jun 18, 2022
Willis2:
This news no get head
put it now
Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by GloriousGbola: 10:19pm On Jun 18, 2022
east wey adopt goodluck ebele johnathan will now deny this man. any surprise here?
Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jun 18, 2022
Tifesingz:
I’ve never seen more confused tribe than these Igbo people... later they’ll say they are counting them out.

Even Obi that’s gaining momentum now, you guys can’t even support, now tell me how other people want to take you seriously.
close that thing u call mouth, why u dey talk wetin u no know

4 Likes

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Chidex50(m): 10:19pm On Jun 18, 2022
Tifesingz:

Obi is a national movement and not limited to Tribe.Get that into your skull you tribal bigot and hateful soul. If all these developed countries you're wishing to travel to had your horrible mentality, will they develop?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Neyoosha007(m): 10:20pm On Jun 18, 2022
Delta Igbo not origin conc Igbo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by InvertedHammer: 10:20pm On Jun 18, 2022
/
Delta people (eg Okowa) and Rivers people (eg Amechi) will identify with Igbo people only when it is convenient.

To be Igbo is not by force. Remain SS and be proud of it. The only officially recognized cardinal points are East, West, North and South. Nigerian madness cannot change that. They can come out with South South North for all we care. cool

/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Jostoman: 10:21pm On Jun 18, 2022
paradigmshift:
Useless man... Useless governor
e pain am grin
Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by MrDoGood(m): 10:21pm On Jun 18, 2022

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Nchenches: 10:22pm On Jun 18, 2022
rebirthkennedy:
Election has come and the dimwit has remember that be is an Igbo
Because he wants the Igbo(south east) to vote for Odo(Atiku) massively as the voted for them in 2019
He has never come out before to claim that he is an Igbo
Now he is saying it because he needs Igbo to vote for him�
As for me and my family we have Obidiently collected our PVC waiting for #peterobi2023

Okowa has NEVER said he's not Igbo. But I will not vote Atiku for president of Nigeria for any reason.
I would rather vote Tinubu or Obi, but never for Atiku who looks down on people from the south of Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by rigarmortis: 10:22pm On Jun 18, 2022
yinkus6750:
The Ifeanyi in you is from South East.
The Okowa is from South South.
The two together is from nowhere. Thats why you vice to a Northerner
Welldone sir

Oga okowa is an Igbo name. Say what you know

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by MelvinDaboss: 10:25pm On Jun 18, 2022
angry grin grin
Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by SpecialEdition: 10:26pm On Jun 18, 2022
Atiku and Wike dribbled SE. Atiku then dribbled Wike. No UNPAID SE person will vote PDP in the presidential election. SS except Delta will depend on how Wike eventually reacts just before election. SW mostly vote APC. Most New votes from SW are for Peter Obi.
I don't see how any middle belt person will vote Atiku except a small number.
Please all Obiedent people remember it is mind games. It's the votes that matter otherwise they won't be buying the votes. Don't let anyone discourage you.
After this presidential election most of the elections in 2027 will be young position holders. The first Hordle is to break away this chain. Please make sure you get your PVC and  vote. If voting pattern gives APC and PDP 25 million votes. Youth votes can fetch over 50 million votes and that will turn all the analysis on it's head.

To PDP, At 10k per vote you guys need 100billion to get the 10 million you last last time. Without Wike can Atiku bankroll this? Or are votes cheaper in some regions?

3 Likes

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by LZAA: 10:26pm On Jun 18, 2022
Tifesingz:

Shatap and stop feeling sifia pains
Your civil war mantra made igbos in the SS(Whatever that means) deny their igbo heritage(some of them anyway)
Obi has NATIONAL support not like one drug baron from osun who is claiming lagos and milking it dry
Do endeavour to receive sense
Cheers

5 Likes

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Kaluoko: 10:26pm On Jun 18, 2022
This one dey beg.u be Igbo Now abi.if it's abt Biafra u no be Igbo.election don't reach u don become igbo.Newsflash!!!! we no want Oga.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by SpecialEdition: 10:30pm On Jun 18, 2022
franchasofficia:
Lol

Dear Okowa, everybody knows you are Igbo, only the fools think otherwise because of crude oil, but the issue is, Igbos won't vote for you and Atiku just because Atiku chose you an Igbo man as VP. Igbos don't play tribal politics like Yorubas and maybe Hausa-Fulanis.

In 2003, Ikemba Ojukwu the face of Biafra contested for President against Obasanjo, Igbos didn't vote for Ikemba, they rather voted massively for Obasanjo a Yoruba man.

Also in the same 2003, Buhari picked Chuba Okadigbo an eminent Igbo son as VP and Igbos rejected them also and instead voted for Obasanjo a Yoruba man.

Igbos supported Atiku/Obi in 2019 because Igbos believed in Obi and also saw Atiku as a detribalised man who is not a religious bigot like Buhari, not just because Atiku picked Obi as VP.

Igbo youths are queuing behind Peter Obi now not because Obi is Igbo but because they see quality, a high level of honesty and accountability in Peter Obi more than others. Only Prof Yemi Osinbajo could have divided Igbo votes with Peter Obi in 2023 but unfortunately APC chose the wrong person to fly their ticket.

Well said . Well said.

Make I add my own.

Atiku and Wike dribbled SE. Atiku then dribbled Wike. No UNPAID SE person will vote PDP in the presidential election. SS except Delta will depend on how Wike eventually reacts just before election. SW mostly vote APC. Most New votes from SW are for Peter Obi.
I don't see how any middle belt person will vote Atiku except a small number.
Please all Obiedent people remember it is mind games. It's the votes that matter otherwise they won't be buying the votes. Don't let anyone discourage you.
After this presidential election most of the elections in 2027 will be young position holders. The first Hordle is to break away this chain. Please make sure you get your PVC and  vote. If voting pattern gives APC and PDP 25 million votes. Youth votes can fetch over 50 million votes and that will turn all the analysis on it's head.

To PDP, At 10k per vote you guys need 100billion to get the 10 million you last last time. Without Wike can Atiku bankroll this? Or are votes cheaper in some regions?

1 Like

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jun 18, 2022
Nchenches:

But it's hard to understand how Hausa/Fulani succeeded in its divide and conquer and rule tactics to make some natural Igbos deny that they are Igbo; even 50 years after the end of the civil war.
An Igbo name, Onyesom Nwike, was Ikwerre-styled to Nyesom Wike, because of that, the bearer of the name says he is not Igbo.

A Yoruba Okun man in Kogi state, or a Yoruba man in Kwara or Edo state will be first to tell that he is a Yoruba, without being asked.

I'm an Okun man. Although some claim they are not Yorubas (just like Wike, which is foolish), we generally identify as Yorubas and participate in Yoruba activities across Nigeria.

One can't use little linguistic features to differentiate oneself from a parent ethnic group. Itsekiris, although they speak a Yoruboid language are not Yorubas. The linguistic differences and cultural differences is enough to make them an ethnic group without a second doubt. I don't know about Ikwerres, but 95% of Okun words are Yoruba words but pronounced differently just like how other Yoruba subgroups like Ijebu, Owo, Ekiti pronounce theirs differently as well.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Myself2(m): 10:31pm On Jun 18, 2022
Ofodirinwa:
Election season and everyone is Igbo

I was shocked to hear him say it with his own mouth that he is is Igbo. What wont people say for political expediency.
An Ika man from Owa Alero in Delta state says he is an Igbo man,,,, chei
So because you want to eat cow meat, you will now call malu uncle abi

Tuehhhh

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by IPIGSRHYPO: 10:32pm On Jun 18, 2022
Na now this mumu sabi say e be Yebo. It won't matter anyway. You and Atiku are losing in 2023.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Vinnie2000(m): 10:32pm On Jun 18, 2022
Nchenches:

But it's hard to understand how Hausa/Fulani succeeded in its divide and conquer and rule tactics to make some natural Igbos deny that they are Igbo; even 50 years after the end of the civil war.
An Igbo name, Onyesom Nwike, was Ikwerre-styled to Nyesom Wike, because of that, the bearer of the name says he is not Igbo.

A Yoruba Okun man in Kogi state, or a Yoruba man in Kwara or Edo state will be first to tell that he is a Yoruba, without being asked.
Can Dino Melaye call himself a Yorubaman to yoruba pple
FYI, The Ikas of delta DISLIKE being called Igbo!
If u see Dein of Agbor and call him Igboman, he will shoot u to death!
So Thiefing Governor Okowa is just playing childish and foolish tricks!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Nword22: 10:34pm On Jun 18, 2022
nonut:
Ole, who dash you? Always claiming Igbo when it's convenient for them.

He is not claiming, he is pure Igbos, let haters go to rest.
Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by stanluiz(m): 10:34pm On Jun 18, 2022
Vinnie2000:
This failed Governor wants to deceive people!
The ikas of Delta are NEVER Igbos!
When busty Dorathy of bbnaija called herself Igbo, her ika pple were so very angry!
Their culture is even similar to bini pple!
Thanks for reminding us.

Ika is not Igbo and can never be. They claim Igbo when they want to benefit and after that, they dump it like a rag.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by stanluiz(m): 10:36pm On Jun 18, 2022
Nword22:

You guys has started again.

Okowa is not an Igbo man and his tribe Ika can never be. Know this and know peace.

7 Likes

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Nword22: 10:36pm On Jun 18, 2022
[s]
TheMostComplex1:

He's not an Igbo man oooooh SS and SE are not related but are Nigerians so anyone that wants to vote should vote who you want to but not all this lies of a SS persons saying that they are IGBOs.

If you're in doubt of what I am saying try & reside in SS & you will be hearing IGBO PEOPLE
[/s]

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Nword22: 10:37pm On Jun 18, 2022
stanluiz:
Thanks for reminding us.

Ika is not Igbo and can never be. They claim Igbo when they want to benefit and after that, they dump it like a rag.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by PapaCj: 10:37pm On Jun 18, 2022
yinkus6750:
The Ifeanyi in you is from South East.
The Okowa is from South South.
The two together is from nowhere. Thats why you vice to a Northerner
Welldone sir
Lolzzz
This politician no ft kill person.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Remains In Hospital Bed [photos] / Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group / Buhari's Cabinet Shake-up: My Candid Recommendations For Sack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.