Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,550 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

Tinubu Storms Ibadan As Ganduje Is Installed Aare Fiwajowe Of Ibadan Land - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Storms Ibadan As Ganduje Is Installed Aare Fiwajowe Of Ibadan Land (47380 Views)

Politics Without Bitterness As Ganduje And Dawisu's Convoys Greet Each Other. / Tight Security As Tinubu Storms APC National Secretariat Today / Aminu Ado Bayero Is New Emir Of Kano As Ganduje Approves Appointment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Storms Ibadan As Ganduje Is Installed Aare Fiwajowe Of Ibadan Land by sunky97: 7:51pm On Jun 18, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTfuk2s6hQU

Bola Tinubu, Emir of Kano and other prominent Nigerians graced the installation ceremony of Governor of Kano, Ganduje and Wife as Aare Fiwajoye and Yeye Fiwajoye of Ibadan Land

Bayero, Tinubu, others storm Ibadan, as Olubadan confers Chieftancy titles on Ganduje, wife

Says Ibadan Chieftaincy titles not for sale but on merit

THE Emir of Kano, Alhaji Ado Bayero alongside Emir of Bichi, HRH Nasiru Ado Bayero and the presidential candidate of All Progressives Congress, APC, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and other dignitaries were in attendance, on Saturday, in Ibadan as Olubadan of Ibadanland, Oba Lekan Balogun, Alli Okunmade II, conferred Aare Fiwajoye and Yeye Aare Fiwajoye of Ibadanland on Kano state governor and his wife, Dr. Abdullahi Ganduje and Professor Hafsatu Ganduje.

Balogun said the choice of the recipients was based on merit not monetary inducement.

The Olubadan, who made the clarification at ancient Mapo hall in Ibadan, submitted that Ibadan Chieftaincy titles, either traditional or honorary, are not for sale.

Describing the title as a bridge between the South West and North West, Balogun explained that the conferment would not only further cement the bond of friendship that has long existed between Ibadan and Kano people.

He added that it would also go a long way in maintaining handshake across the Niger and engender the much sought-after unity which has turned fragile over the years.

The monarch, whose prepared speech was read by his younger brother and current Senator, representing Oyo South in the National Assembly, Kola Balogun, insisted that the choice of Ganduje and his wife, as Aare Fiwajoye and Yeye Aare Fiwajoye of Ibadanland, was not induced financially.

According to him: “On today’s event, which is the first of its kind under this dispensation, the likely question to be asked is why Gandujes? And my response is if not Gandujes, who else could be?

“As I have had cause to say on occasions that Ibadan Chieftaincy titles, either traditional or honorary would not be for sale, I must make it clear that the choice of His Excellency and Her Excellency as Aare Fiwajoye and Yeye Aare Fiwajoye of Ibadanland was not induced financially.

“By the time I spell out the factors that came into play for their choice, you would agree with the choice. I want to put it on record that, but for our brother, Oba Yoruba Kano, Alhaji Engr. Muritala Alimi Otisese, Adetimirin-1, mine and the paths of today’s chiefs might have not crossed. It was this brother of us, who is also a ‘shon of the shoil’ that introduced the Kano state first couple to the palace.

“From the Oba Yoruba Kano, we got to know how detribalized the Kano State Chief Executive is alongside his wife. We were made to know how supportive our guests were to the aspiration and eventual emergence of our brother as Oba Yoruba Kano about two years ago.

“A man of peace, Dr. Ganduje it was who came down to Ibadan when there was a clash between Hausa traders and the people of Sasa at Sasa Market the other time to calm the frayed nerves and peace was restored.

“Let me sum up it up with two paragraphs from the letter of recommendation by Oba Yoruba Kano thus: Bestowing a befitting Chieftaincy title on the hardworking and amiable governor with his wife will be a reward for a man who has been compassionate to us as a people and who believes that any Nigerian can stay and work in any part of the country without molestation or denial of basic things of life.” Balogun added.

He noted that he had not made a wrong choice by honouring them with chieftaincy titles.

In his goodwill message, a presidential candidate of All Progressives Congress, APC, and former governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, thanked Olubadan for promoting peace, unity and harmony among Nigerians.

In his speech after the conferment, the new Aare Fiwajoye, Ganduje, said the chieftancy tittle bestowed on them will further promote regional integration.

He said the honour would boost the bond between Ibadan and Kano states whom he described as the two oldest largest cities in the country.

Ganduje, therefore, encouraged Nigerians to allow their children to engage in inter tribal and ethnic marriages so as to promote the peaceful co existence in Nigeria.

Other dignataries include Governor Seyi Makinde, whose Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, Mr. Bayo Lawal stood in for, Oyo APC governorship candidate, Senator Teslim Folarin, state party Chairman, Hon. Isaac Omodewu and former Minister of Communication, Barrister Bayo Shittu among others.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/06/bayero-tinubu-others-storm-ibadan-as-olubadan-confers-chieftancy-titles-on-ganduje-wife/amp/

41 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Tinubu Storms Ibadan As Ganduje Is Installed Aare Fiwajowe Of Ibadan Land by Honor10: 8:10pm On Jun 18, 2022
The way this Ganduje Clip to Tinubu ehn!

We want to yorubanized Ganduje. Kano 2million votes is in the bag.

Anyway, the NW and SW alliance is intact, and it is needed for massive victory in 2023.

BAT is coming

530 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Tinubu Storms Ibadan As Ganduje Is Installed Aare Fiwajowe Of Ibadan Land by Cholls(m): 8:12pm On Jun 18, 2022
My brother wow! What a friend to have. The one that weather the storm with you. That I pray for.

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu Storms Ibadan As Ganduje Is Installed Aare Fiwajowe Of Ibadan Land by Mandate2023: 8:13pm On Jun 18, 2022
Those that matters on d election day not some online miscreants

525 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Tinubu Storms Ibadan As Ganduje Is Installed Aare Fiwajowe Of Ibadan Land by Cubalabloo(m): 8:15pm On Jun 18, 2022
The president is on duty.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Storms Ibadan As Ganduje Is Installed Aare Fiwajowe Of Ibadan Land by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jun 18, 2022
We love Tinubu and we will vote for him massively , the yorubas (Tinubu) have been loyal to us and always support us, so we shall return their act of loyalty and support come 2023 and as for nyamris you shall never smell aso rock and Biafra is dead on arrival as well, we will never forgive you nyamris for killing our colonial leaders

146 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Tinubu Storms Ibadan As Ganduje Is Installed Aare Fiwajowe Of Ibadan Land by Killerbag36: 8:18pm On Jun 18, 2022

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Storms Ibadan As Ganduje Is Installed Aare Fiwajowe Of Ibadan Land by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 18, 2022
Lol... it's either you're for Peter Obi or you have collected money or you were just born to be a suffering nonentity.

70 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Tinubu Storms Ibadan As Ganduje Is Installed Aare Fiwajowe Of Ibadan Land by Tadwears2050(m): 8:19pm On Jun 18, 2022
He looks like an Ibadan man.

Congratulations to him.

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu Storms Ibadan As Ganduje Is Installed Aare Fiwajowe Of Ibadan Land by sleek214(m): 8:19pm On Jun 18, 2022
Tinubu VP. I go with Atiku. Am 85% sure that PO will step down and support his boss(Atiku). It will be easier for a Tinubu to put a thread in a needle than for PO to win a presidential election in today's Nigeria

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Storms Ibadan As Ganduje Is Installed Aare Fiwajowe Of Ibadan Land by Rastaramsey(m): 8:19pm On Jun 18, 2022
Guyman just dey stroll up and down the country grin grin grin
And him health no standa grin grin grin

I pity person wey go vote this one
This one go share money well well but he go spend half of him tenure for hospital grin grin

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu Storms Ibadan As Ganduje Is Installed Aare Fiwajowe Of Ibadan Land by Talk2david1(m): 8:19pm On Jun 18, 2022
As much as I don't support this old man, I won't be surprised if he becomes the next president. The way youths are happily selling their votes at today's election in Ekiti, it is obvious that our politicians have successfully weaponized poverty

31 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Tinubu Storms Ibadan As Ganduje Is Installed Aare Fiwajowe Of Ibadan Land by sukkot: 8:19pm On Jun 18, 2022
grin the bromance between Tinubu and gandollars and shettima is cute

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Storms Ibadan As Ganduje Is Installed Aare Fiwajowe Of Ibadan Land by iCauseTrouble: 8:20pm On Jun 18, 2022
Tinubu has been extra active since he won the APC ticket while Atiku is nowhere to be found.
Anyway, I am OBIdient!!!

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu Storms Ibadan As Ganduje Is Installed Aare Fiwajowe Of Ibadan Land by gasparpisciotta: 8:20pm On Jun 18, 2022
In that dress, Ganduje looks like a proper Ibadan man.

Meanwhile, I don’t see the reason for emphasizing that giving the title was not financially motivated, because even if it was, would the Olubadan have declared?

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Storms Ibadan As Ganduje Is Installed Aare Fiwajowe Of Ibadan Land by Lastmankc(m): 8:20pm On Jun 18, 2022
Gandolla

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Storms Ibadan As Ganduje Is Installed Aare Fiwajowe Of Ibadan Land by benikad(m): 8:20pm On Jun 18, 2022
Hi nairalanders, I got an MSc. scholarship to study in Europe, the first university of study is in Italy, and the second will be any of the partnering countries either in Canada, Poland, Sweden, Portugal, etc.

Please I need help with the flight ticket. Any amount you can help with, I will be so grateful. God bless you

First Bank

Many thanks

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Storms Ibadan As Ganduje Is Installed Aare Fiwajowe Of Ibadan Land by Sultty(m): 8:20pm On Jun 18, 2022
anytime i see this man one incident always play in my mind. Who can guess the incident

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Storms Ibadan As Ganduje Is Installed Aare Fiwajowe Of Ibadan Land by Akerele44(m): 8:20pm On Jun 18, 2022
The contest is between Tinubu and any other

Like for Tinubu share for Atiku

101 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Tinubu Storms Ibadan As Ganduje Is Installed Aare Fiwajowe Of Ibadan Land by humberjade: 8:20pm On Jun 18, 2022
The potential replacement on Tinubu's ticket...but e go still backfire sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Storms Ibadan As Ganduje Is Installed Aare Fiwajowe Of Ibadan Land by GOFRONT(m): 8:21pm On Jun 18, 2022
Gandi Gandi
Re: Tinubu Storms Ibadan As Ganduje Is Installed Aare Fiwajowe Of Ibadan Land by BAT2023: 8:21pm On Jun 18, 2022
2023 election is going to be a very interesting one and fun to observe from afar.
BAT2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Storms Ibadan As Ganduje Is Installed Aare Fiwajowe Of Ibadan Land by Born2conquer: 8:21pm On Jun 18, 2022
This man will sell the whole Yoruba land all in a bid to appease his slave masters, the fulanis and hausas!

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu Storms Ibadan As Ganduje Is Installed Aare Fiwajowe Of Ibadan Land by Rahkman: 8:21pm On Jun 18, 2022
grin
Re: Tinubu Storms Ibadan As Ganduje Is Installed Aare Fiwajowe Of Ibadan Land by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 18, 2022
he is now certified yeye man

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Storms Ibadan As Ganduje Is Installed Aare Fiwajowe Of Ibadan Land by pyyxxaro: 8:22pm On Jun 18, 2022
Sai BABA

ON YOUR RUGGED SCROTUM I STAND GIDIGBA

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Storms Ibadan As Ganduje Is Installed Aare Fiwajowe Of Ibadan Land by 4words: 8:22pm On Jun 18, 2022
Kolinakano:

Like I am interested on that shoe upper you���

Done!!!

Space for sale... don't know what to write, if you have what you would like to write here, quote me with it and I will quote you here. Cheers smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Storms Ibadan As Ganduje Is Installed Aare Fiwajowe Of Ibadan Land by Franchise21(m): 8:22pm On Jun 18, 2022
OK
Re: Tinubu Storms Ibadan As Ganduje Is Installed Aare Fiwajowe Of Ibadan Land by samogo1: 8:22pm On Jun 18, 2022
peepydelano:
We love Tinubu and we will vote for him massively , the yorubas (Tinubu) have been loyal to us and always support us, so we shall return their act of loyalty and support come 2023 and as for nyamris you shall never smell aso rock and Biafra is dead on arrival as well, we will never forgive you nyamris for killing our colonial leaders

So presidency is given as compensation for a gesture and no more competency?

13 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Presidency: Obasanjo Woos North For Obi/Baba-Ahmed - Newtelegraphng / Anambra Election: Polling Unit Results Show Obiano Has Won – APGA Chairman, Oye / Bukola Saraki Meets Ademola Adeleke In Osun Today (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.