Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,466 members, 7,801,180 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

Lady Complains After Attending Party Ward Meeting And Asked To Serve Food - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lady Complains After Attending Party Ward Meeting And Asked To Serve Food (35445 Views)

Video: APC & PDP Attend Ward Meeting Together In Rivers State / Peter Obi Supporter Sacked After Attending 2-Million-Man March In Port Harcourt / Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Complains After Attending Party Ward Meeting And Asked To Serve Food by swissgoldenpro2: 12:26pm On Jun 19, 2022
Wahala everywhere
Re: Lady Complains After Attending Party Ward Meeting And Asked To Serve Food by happyphemmy(m): 12:28pm On Jun 19, 2022
I'm currently the Acting Secretary of my Union in Ondo State. But when i newly joined the Union 5years ago i was only assisting members to write their names now they've entrusted the Union Secretariat to me. Little by Little win the race. That is a great opportunity that you are about miss, embrace it with all seriousness.
Happy Sunday.

1 Like

Re: Lady Complains After Attending Party Ward Meeting And Asked To Serve Food by 211kamharida: 1:52pm On Jun 19, 2022
In another news :In another news :...
Re: Lady Complains After Attending Party Ward Meeting And Asked To Serve Food by hardon1(m): 1:52pm On Jun 19, 2022
Y she dey vex now, na so one of my guy take land federal job by just servicing and doing errand boy during political meeting.

One big shot observed and spotted him a gave him job in federal ministry of transport. My guy dey headquarters for abj now
Re: Lady Complains After Attending Party Ward Meeting And Asked To Serve Food by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jun 19, 2022
Disobident feminist how's, always wanting the benefits but avoiding the labors.
After the will come fighting for wrapper and puff puff, if the asked her to stuff the puff puff in her hand bag and head tie and take to her house, she won't complain.

1 Like

Re: Lady Complains After Attending Party Ward Meeting And Asked To Serve Food by ScamFighters(m): 3:09pm On Jun 19, 2022
You don't need a job if you acquire and utilize these sets of Simple Digital Skills.

Learn to Earn Internationally (in dollars) and at Ease through Your Smart Devices.

Below is a Help for Students, NYSC Members and People looking for The Right Digital Skills to acquire for their own Financial Freedom:

Firstly, read through these Digital and Financial Sensitization threads:

The Best Investment is On Yourself:

https://www.nairaland.com/7129969/best-investment-yourself-step-step/1#113168727

And

Financial Freedom Enlightenment:

https://www.nairaland.com/6962164/financial-freedom-enlightenment-financially-free/1

Without Writing too much;

Read Through These Thread Links to Learn More on How To Achieve Financial Freedom Through THE PSYCHOLOGICAL SKILLS OF SELLING FINANCIAL FREEDOM INSTITUTION (TPSOSFFI).

Read Through These Thread Links to Learn More on How To Live Life as Simple as A,B,C:

A : Affiliations (Affiliate Marketing & Affiliate Supplying)

B : Bureaucracy (Bitcoin Arbitrage Bureaucracy & Coin Arbitrage Bureaucracy)

C : CPA Marketing and Charity Doings
Re: Lady Complains After Attending Party Ward Meeting And Asked To Serve Food by Karleb(m): 3:26pm On Jun 19, 2022
bepositive11:
You've really got me thinking. It's true that there is a double standard among women who call themselves feminists, but why is serving random men seen as insulting?

More often than not, Nigerian men treat women with so much disrespect. They are seen as inferior and not worthy of respect. Of course, there are exceptions, but most Nigerian men are like that

When you were carrying that bag of rice, did you feel less than? Did you feel insulted? Didn't you feel proud to show off your strength?

When we think of servants and maids, do we think of them with respect? I think it's about how they were asked to share the puff puff, like how we would ask a servant to

In every social gathering (at least in Nigeria), women do the lesser work and men do the harder work. Men don't complain, why should women?

A lot of men actually respect women who respect themselves.

Anyways, when I carried the bag, honestly, I felt used but I had to suck it up and do it anyways because she's good to me and she might hurt herself if she decides to carry it.

1 Like

Re: Lady Complains After Attending Party Ward Meeting And Asked To Serve Food by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jun 19, 2022
Karleb:

Why didn't women complain when men from age 18 to 60 where forced to stay back to fight Ukrainian war?

A lot of these men have no military training whatsoever.

Before you attack feminists, don't forget the fact that men made that announcement not women. 99% of the people involved in taking that decision are men.

Those stupid marriage and divorce laws in the west were created by men too, not women. The question you should be asking is, why are some stupid and simple(simps) men making life hard for other males?

I didn't hear any male rights complain about the order.. Why do you expect women to fight for male rights?
Re: Lady Complains After Attending Party Ward Meeting And Asked To Serve Food by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jun 19, 2022
Karleb:

In every social gathering (at least in Nigeria), women do the lesser work and men do the harder work. Men don't complain, why should women?

Anyways, when I carried the bag, honestly, I felt used but I had to suck it up and do it anyways because she's good to me and she might hurt herself if she decides to carry it.

The fact that you're not complaining doesn't mean they can't or shouldn't complain. This is just like saying because you were maltreated by your boss but you didn't quit or complain, another person shouldn't quit or complain when he or she is maltreated.

As for your last part. Wtf.
You felt used and yet you carried the bag for her? Lmao. Bruv, you carried the bag despite not meaning to just to impress or please her. I don't know why you're trying to shift blame.

I can't count how many times some of my female neighbours have begged me to help them turn on their gen or get stuff for them but I refuse to help 95% of the times. No need doing something that'll inconvenience you or make you feel used later.
Learn to say no.
Re: Lady Complains After Attending Party Ward Meeting And Asked To Serve Food by Karleb(m): 4:03pm On Jun 19, 2022
Elder0001:

The fact that you're not complaining doesn't mean they can't or shouldn't complain. This is just like saying because you were maltreated by your boss but you didn't quit or complain, another person shouldn't quit or complain when he or she is maltreated.

As for your last part. Wtf.
You felt used and yet you carried the bag for her? Lmao. Bruv, you carried the bag despite not meaning to just to impress or please her. I don't know why you're trying to shift blame.

I can't count how many times some of my female neighbours have begged me to help them turn on their gen or get stuff for them but I refuse to help 95% of the times. No need doing something that'll inconvenience you or make you feel used later.
Learn to say no.

Omo! Feminists can argue sha.

I did it because it's my responsibility. I may need her help to share puff puff for my birthday tomorrow and she has to do it because by then it will be her responsibility.
Re: Lady Complains After Attending Party Ward Meeting And Asked To Serve Food by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jun 19, 2022
Karleb:

Omo! Feminists can argue sha.

I did it because it's my responsibility. I may need her help to share puff puff for my birthday tomorrow and she has to do it because by then it will be her responsibility.

She has to? See force.
What if she doesn't want to?

She didn't force you to carry bag of rice for her. That you carried the bag for her doesn't mean she's obligated to help you share snacks in your party tomorrow.

Anyways I'm out from here.
Re: Lady Complains After Attending Party Ward Meeting And Asked To Serve Food by Bbbw: 4:11pm On Jun 19, 2022
grin
Re: Lady Complains After Attending Party Ward Meeting And Asked To Serve Food by DreamLivia(f): 10:37pm On Jun 19, 2022
grin grin grin
Re: Lady Complains After Attending Party Ward Meeting And Asked To Serve Food by bepositive11: 1:54am On Jun 20, 2022
You felt used... but did it anyway so that she won't get hurt... that's interesting. I didn't think about that

It's true that there are men who respect women who respect themselves but the default tends to be disrespect until the woman has proven herself. Some men feel threatened by women who are worthy of respect and shame her instead

I think the difference is in a social gathering, men do work but don't directly serve women, whereas women are expected to do work that directly serves men as a servant or maid would

Karleb:

Re: Lady Complains After Attending Party Ward Meeting And Asked To Serve Food by Kingspin(m): 2:03am On Jun 20, 2022
shigishege:
Eyahh and thier papa dey Egypt
Young should grow.
Re: Lady Complains After Attending Party Ward Meeting And Asked To Serve Food by bukatyne(f): 12:57pm On Jun 20, 2022
bepositive11:
You felt used... but did it anyway so that she won't get hurt... that's interesting. I didn't think about that

It's true that there are men who respect women who respect themselves but the default tends to be disrespect until the woman has proven herself. Some men feel threatened by women who are worthy of respect and shame her instead

I think the difference is in a social gathering, men do work but don't directly serve women, whereas women are expected to do work that directly serves men as a servant or maid would

@bold:

The work that men do, who does it serve?

When they get chairs with canopies, hustle to buy drinks, offload rice and other dirty jobs, who are they serving?

If the women served the puff puff, would they serve only men?

Nobody can make you inferior without your permission.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bola Ahmed Tinubu Visits Rochas Okorocha / Magnus Abe's Campaign Office Destroyed (Photos) / Student Who Created Jonathan Parody Twitter Account Detained For 54 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.