Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,399 members, 7,808,431 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? (28943 Views)

Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much / How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss / Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by MsJackson: 1:53am On Jun 19, 2022
Hello my uncles and aunts.

I'll make this as brief as possible. I teach in a school where the owner uses his father's compound, back flats. His family lives in front apartment.

Some months ago, last year precisely, i had an issue with his sister, last born, and i decided to avoid her totally to prevent future occurrence. I face my job and do it well.

We the teachers observe that the family always call their son to report any issue, especially if we faltered in some cases. It was getting too much.

So on that day, exactly two weeks ago, we were asked to oversee the students sporting activities, done in front of the school compound. I was walking out with my colleague and we were discussing something we both saw on social media, about gistlover. The sister overheard it and believed we were talking about her, calling her gistlover.

She walked up to me and confronted me in a harsh manner. I tried explaining to her that we weren't referring to her, but she wouldn't listen and before you know it, we were exchanging words. I said a lot because I was angry that she singled me out to confront, when we were two discussing the issue.

She was telling me to get out and i was sooo angry that I used the f word on her. Later, her parents came back and she reported me to them. Without calling to hear my side of the story, they both told their son to send me away. The mother even said that wherever she saw me, she would strip me naked. Their son my boss came, me and my colleague were called to say what happened,we did, then my boss told me to go home and stay put for a while.

After a week,he called and told me my services were no longer needed, that he made his own private investigation from the students and they confirmed I used the f word on his sister. I am not innocent. I admitted my fault, but he refused to temper justice with mercy. He promised to pay me for this month, but my reputation is stained. AGAIN.

Considering the fact that I had some issues with a previous school two years ago, very close to this one. There I resigned on my own. Now everybody is looking at me like I am a bad person. I AM NOT. I try to be sooooo nice and polite, but people always take advantage of that to look down on me. I am extremely humble to a fault, even hubby says I present myself as mumu to people too much.

Is it a crime to be of small stature? I am 39yrs of age and this girl I had an altercation with, she is in her early 20's. I felt so disrespected because of how she confronted me, even poking her fingers in my face in the presence of the students, so I lost my temper. I didn't mean to. Now people are looking at me somehow. I don't feel like waking up in the mornings because I wonder how I would face the day.

I NEED A JOB, that will help me heal from this trauma. Graduated 11 years ago, Chemical Engineering, University of Benin. But I still don't have a good job, I have been teaching to hold body, but I am fed up.

The salary is sooooo small, compared to the work load I was handling. I would love to work in a good company, but nobody, no one is willing to give me a chance. I am depressed daily. God should just use a good person to help me, wipe my tears. Sorry for the long write-up.

178 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by gaby(m): 2:15am On Jun 19, 2022
So sorry.

All these face me I face you one room schools sef....

You wey be teacher wetin concern school environment wey dem employ you with gistlover aproko?

I'm just joking and trynna cheer you up okay.

Worry not because you will land something better and bigger, trust me.

75 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Ezkid(m): 3:20am On Jun 19, 2022
Pls start thinking big, I don't see any reason for you to be depressed cos u lost a meager paying Job anyway. Start doing little business online, if it's data sales ,POS or whatever, just do something, add value to people around u and be honest, build a strong integrity and before u know it, you will start employing people too. Those wretched teaching Jobs are just plain slavery, even lecturers self are doing side hustle.

146 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Akakanfirstclass(m): 4:02am On Jun 19, 2022
you dont need to cope with any emotional trauma..
indeed all you need is to get another job
that is the best way of getting back at it.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by CorporateJay(m): 5:16am On Jun 19, 2022
MsJackson:
Hello my uncles and aunts. I'll make this as brief as possible. I teach in a school where the owner uses his father's compound, back flats. His family lives in front apartment. Some months ago, last year precisely, i had an issue with his sister, last born, and i decided to avoid her totally to prevent future occurrence. I face my job and do it well. We the teachers observe that the family always call their son to report any issue, especially if we faltered in some cases. It was getting too much. So on that day, exactly two weeks ago, we were asked to oversee the students sporting activities, done in front of the school compound. I was walking out with my colleague and we were discussing something we both saw on social media, about gistlover. The sister overheard it and believed we were talking about her, calling her gistlover. She walked up to me and confronted me in a harsh manner. I tried explaining to her that we weren't referring to her, but she wouldn't listen and before you know it, we were exchanging words. I said alot because I was angry that she singled me out to confront, when we were two discussing the issue. She was telling me to get out and i was sooo angry that I used the f word on her. Later, her parents came back and she reported me to them. Without calling to hear my side of the story, they both told their son to send me away. The mother even said that wherever she saw me, she would strip me naked. Their son my boss came, me and my colleague were called to say what happened,we did, then my boss told me to go home and stay put for a while. After a week,he called and told me my services were no longer needed, that he made his own private investigation from the students and they confirmed I used the f word on his sister. I am not innocent. I admitted my fault, but he refused to temper justice with mercy. He promised to pay me for this month, but my reputation is stained. AGAIN. Considering the fact that I had some issues with a previous school two years ago, very close to this one. There I resigned on my own. Now everybody is looking at me like I am a bad person. I AM NOT. I try to be sooooo nice and polite, but people always take advantage of that to look down on me. I am extremely humble to a fault, even hubby says I present myself as mumu to people too much. Is it a crime to be of small stature? I am 39yrs of age and this girl I had an altercation with, she is in her early 20's. I felt so disrespected because of how she confronted me, even poking her fingers in my face in the presence of the students, so I lost my temper. I didn't mean to. Now people are looking at me somehow. I don't feel like waking up in the mornings because I wonder how I would face the day.
I NEED A JOB, that will help me heal from this trauma. Graduated 11 years ago, Chemical Engineering, University of Benin. But I still don't have a good job, I have been teaching to hold body, but I am fed up. The salary is sooooo small, compared to the work load I was handling. I would love to work in a good company, but nobody, no one is willing to give me a chance. I am depressed daily. God should just use a good person to help me, wipe my tears. Sorry for the long write-up.

Hey don't despair.. Now you need to get some technical skills and start earning remotely..

Have you heard of technical writing? You can earn some money on your own without even putting up with some bad employers. $500 - $1000. Per month. It is not a get rich quick skim please.. But if you put in the work.. By December.. Things suppose dey soft for you small small

Please start from Everythingtechnicalwriting . com check out the website.. I also have an ebook I can send to you.. Send me a PM.. I will send the ebook to you..

You won't understand many things at first.. But please try.. Also try to get a laptop.. Extremely important

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by MsJackson: 7:01am On Jun 19, 2022
gaby:
So sorry.

All these face me I face you one room schools sef....

You wey be teacher wetin concern school environment wey dem employ you with giatlover aproko?

I'mm juat joking and trynna cheer you up okay.

Worry not because you will land something better and bigger, trust me.
Yes thanks so much
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by MsJackson: 7:03am On Jun 19, 2022
Ezkid:
Pls start thinking big, I don't see any reason for you to be depressed cos u lost a meager paying Job anyway. Start doing little business online, if it's data sales ,POS or whatever, just do something, add value to people around u and be honest, build a strong integrity and before u know it, you will start employing people too. Those wretched teaching Jobs are just plain slavery, even lecturers self are doing side hustle.
I am thinking towards that direction. I have the intention if doing some business online but it requires a little capital. Just trying to sort for that for now. Thanks for ur advice.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by MsJackson: 7:04am On Jun 19, 2022
Akakanfirstclass:
you dont need to cope with any emotional trauma..
indeed all you need is to get another job
that is the best way of getting back at it.

Yes I am also on the lookout for another job but its extremely difficult to get one. I don't want to venture into teaching anymore

3 Likes

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by MsJackson: 7:11am On Jun 19, 2022
CorporateJay:

Hey don't despair.. Now you need to get some technical skills and start earning remotely..

Have you heard of technical writing? You can earn some money on your own without even putting up with some bad employers. $500 - $1000. Per month. It is not a get rich quick skim please.. But if you put in the work.. By December.. Things suppose dey soft for you small small

Please start from Everythingtechnicalwriting . com check out the website.. I also have an ebook I can send to you.. Send me a PM.. I will send the ebook to you..

You won't understand many things at first.. But please try.. Also try to get a laptop.. Extremely important
I myt be interested in this technical writing stuff. I do have a laptop. Will send you a message now. Thanks for cheering me up, I really needed it

6 Likes

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by MsJackson: 9:30am On Jun 19, 2022
CorporateJay:

I just sent you a message on WhatsApp with the phone number on your profile.

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:30am On Jun 19, 2022
Chemical engineering and teaching. This country is cursed cry cry cry

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by islamics(m): 11:52am On Jun 19, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
Chemical engineering and teaching. This country is cursed cry cry cry
Why now Boss? There is no course you won't find in teaching ooo. Besides teaching seems like the lowest hanging fruits for most of us.
I have seen agric Engineering, banking & finance, accounting, computer science grin, etcetera

@op
It is not easy but I pray and hope you find something soonest. All the best!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:59am On Jun 19, 2022
islamics:

Why now Boss? There is no course you won't find in teaching ooo. Besides teaching seems like the lowest hanging fruits for most of us.
I have seen agric Engineering, banking & finance, accounting, computer science grin, etcetera

@op
It is not easy but I pray and hope you find something soonest. All the best!

It's better to be unemployed than to teach. Schools in my area in Lagos pay teachers 15k. What's that gonna do. You will still die of hunger I rather die in a simpler way than being a beast of burden

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by doggedfighter(f): 12:36pm On Jun 19, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

It's better to be unemployed than to teach. Schools in my area in Lagos pay teachers 15k. What's that gonna do. You will still die of hunger I rather die in a simpler way than being a beast of burden

100%

17 Likes

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by doggedfighter(f): 12:53pm On Jun 19, 2022
MsJackson:
I myt be interested in this technical writing stuff. I do have a laptop. Will send you a message now. Thanks for cheering me up, I really needed it

You should be thankful they sacked you.

They're just time wasters.

Skill up,baby ! grin

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by pocohantas(f): 1:21pm On Jun 19, 2022
The problem is many of us are too attached to the Nigerian 9-5 that we don’t even know when we are willing and submissive parties to new-age slavery.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by islamics(m): 4:20pm On Jun 19, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

It's better to be unemployed than to teach.

I think this one is applicable if you are exposed or well aware of stuff. Most started without being aware of options/opportunity in other areas.

Schools in my area in Lagos pay teachers 15k.
I know grad who earn less than that in teaching.

My advice for those still in the teaching and looking to move, na to get an exit plan and implement ASAP. Easier said than done as usual. (I think this is applicable to all job sef).

2 Likes

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by bigdammyj: 2:28pm On Jun 20, 2022
Be strong

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by inoki247: 2:28pm On Jun 20, 2022
Calm down no too reason life nothing is certain in life the air you breathe sef no certain....

Just pick yourself up start another job hunting everything is going to be fine....

2 Likes

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 2:28pm On Jun 20, 2022
Sorry About That

Start Smiling To The Bank Now, By Starting Blogging Business

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by PeergateIntl: 2:28pm On Jun 20, 2022
I'm very sorry for you at this time.

My advice, just keep your head focused on getting something to help you stay up and afloat.

Your emotions will align as soon as financial alignment becomes clear.

Brace up Soldier!

God help you too.

2 Likes

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by money121(m): 2:28pm On Jun 20, 2022
S0rry
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Slynation(m): 2:28pm On Jun 20, 2022
Eya
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by halaqasa: 2:28pm On Jun 20, 2022
E Be many things

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Highways: 2:28pm On Jun 20, 2022
Haba.... 39 years, chemical student.... God just freed you from slavery.... Go and do Thanksgiving first....

Do you even have a PVC?

Enter into sales... Look for companies that are into sales... I'll advise you go for Pharmaceutical or Food and beverage sales... Start on commission

10 Likes

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by princeemmma(m): 2:29pm On Jun 20, 2022
you will cope with the grace of God

I understand your feelings, but you don't need to beat yourself to hard, all you need to do is move on

Life is full of surprises and ups and down, but at the end we move

I worked as Asst. Manager in a Business Company, around the covid-19 period i was fired just because i was in favour of the idea that workers should be given little money during to help them suppress hunger during the covid-19 and the next thing i was fired........... my wife just gave birth then, we have spend a lot doing the naming and even taking care of a lot of things.

It was really hard for me then, but at the end the Lord took control

So, shake it off, move out and seek for a new job and am sure, don't be depressed, all i swell

7 Likes

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Christane: 2:29pm On Jun 20, 2022
sir ..am so sorry I know it z good to speak out wen accused falsely ..from what u said u said u guys were not talking about her ...but u re too mature to be using d f word at public places even to d hearing of your students and next time learn to control ur temper ND not speak much ..cus u said alot and she singled out some words to nail u ..may God give u a better job

2 Likes

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Cholls(m): 2:29pm On Jun 20, 2022
My brother wow! Go to Lagos island to sell what you are not using at home, to raise money to buy moving goods to sell.
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by AntiWailer: 2:29pm On Jun 20, 2022
Get a skill

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" / Mtn Salary For Fresher / About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.