Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,412 members, 7,800,854 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? (28907 Views)

How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss / Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! / Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by BallingGuy: 3:35pm On Jun 20, 2022
Fvck them all!

Madam, abeg come learn Digital/Creative skills. I promise you will be a pro in few months. Coupled with your academic qualification, you can start something (work from home, or be a Team-lead in a reputable organization).

One major thing...You really need to start THINKING BIG.

Once again....Fvck them all! No be my wahala. But I am pissed!

That course wey you study, no too get value for this country. Go for any tech or creative skill. These are skills are organization (small or large) are hungry for.

All the best, dear.

MsJackson:
Hello my uncles and aunts.

I'll make this as brief as possible. I teach in a school where the owner uses his father's compound, back flats. His family lives in front apartment.

Some months ago, last year precisely, i had an issue with his sister, last born, and i decided to avoid her totally to prevent future occurrence. I face my job and do it well.

We the teachers observe that the family always call their son to report any issue, especially if we faltered in some cases. It was getting too much.

So on that day, exactly two weeks ago, we were asked to oversee the students sporting activities, done in front of the school compound. I was walking out with my colleague and we were discussing something we both saw on social media, about gistlover. The sister overheard it and believed we were talking about her, calling her gistlover.

She walked up to me and confronted me in a harsh manner. I tried explaining to her that we weren't referring to her, but she wouldn't listen and before you know it, we were exchanging words. I said a lot because I was angry that she singled me out to confront, when we were two discussing the issue.

She was telling me to get out and i was sooo angry that I used the f word on her. Later, her parents came back and she reported me to them. Without calling to hear my side of the story, they both told their son to send me away. The mother even said that wherever she saw me, she would strip me naked. Their son my boss came, me and my colleague were called to say what happened,we did, then my boss told me to go home and stay put for a while.

After a week,he called and told me my services were no longer needed, that he made his own private investigation from the students and they confirmed I used the f word on his sister. I am not innocent. I admitted my fault, but he refused to temper justice with mercy. He promised to pay me for this month, but my reputation is stained. AGAIN.

Considering the fact that I had some issues with a previous school two years ago, very close to this one. There I resigned on my own. Now everybody is looking at me like I am a bad person. I AM NOT. I try to be sooooo nice and polite, but people always take advantage of that to look down on me. I am extremely humble to a fault, even hubby says I present myself as mumu to people too much.

Is it a crime to be of small stature? I am 39yrs of age and this girl I had an altercation with, she is in her early 20's. I felt so disrespected because of how she confronted me, even poking her fingers in my face in the presence of the students, so I lost my temper. I didn't mean to. Now people are looking at me somehow. I don't feel like waking up in the mornings because I wonder how I would face the day.

I NEED A JOB, that will help me heal from this trauma. Graduated 11 years ago, Chemical Engineering, University of Benin. But I still don't have a good job, I have been teaching to hold body, but I am fed up.

The salary is sooooo small, compared to the work load I was handling. I would love to work in a good company, but nobody, no one is willing to give me a chance. I am depressed daily. God should just use a good person to help me, wipe my tears. Sorry for the long write-up.

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Raalsalghul: 3:39pm On Jun 20, 2022
pansophist:

I don't mean it that way, it's more a call to transcend his predicaments. But I see that it could be misunderstood hence I've edited that part out. I don't mean to be rude on him. Thanks

Thank you for editing that part out and I absolutely know you had the right intentions, but sometimes the wrong methods might be used to pass the right message. wink

Meanwhile, I might need your consultancy soon on Finland.

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 3:39pm On Jun 20, 2022
mensos544:
You are too rud

What do you mean? How dare a kid accost her and start telling her trash? If na me, I for first put am wotowoto for her body, then resign from their Akara school. To hell with them and the job.

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by MadamExcellency: 3:40pm On Jun 20, 2022
Do worry, I was sacked or resigned four times, all from multinational companies but at the end I landed as a manager in oil company.

You have been much longer than necessary in that demeaning rather comfort zone of yours and nature wants to elevate you to where you belong.

It's not the end, it's the beginning of better things.

2 Likes

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Habinibi: 3:40pm On Jun 20, 2022
Please I need guidance on blogging, abeg who is going to put me through.
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Peaceagain: 3:43pm On Jun 20, 2022
First and foremost, you don't need that job. You should be happy because moments like these ones you have had only push you to destiny. God is trying to tell you that your destiny is big. Don't settle for less. And you don't have to bend over and let people f*** you in the back. You deserve respect and you should demand it from whomever, whenever. Cry today if you must, but go out there tomorrow and tell the world you are not one to be messed with.
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 3:46pm On Jun 20, 2022
pansophist:

I don't mean it that way, it's more a call to transcend his predicaments. But I see that it could be misunderstood hence I've edited that part out. I don't mean to be rude on him. Thanks

She's a woman. Read the story again.
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Daniluv1(m): 3:48pm On Jun 20, 2022
NaijaCoverBlog:

Get In Touch With

How please?
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 3:50pm On Jun 20, 2022
Daniluv1:

How please?

Go to Google and search for
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by miraculousGod(m): 3:51pm On Jun 20, 2022
I feel your pain ma.please don't apply to schools again. Teachers are not valued in Nigeria. Look for another job. You can organize home lesson for now, while you seek out alternative.

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by nams77: 3:53pm On Jun 20, 2022
It's well. Better job will come.
In life, people talk. Even Jesus Christ was talked evil of. I don't give a damn what people say about me

Chemical engineer? Go get a small hustle going on
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Francisanointed(m): 3:57pm On Jun 20, 2022
I am a teacher like you. Believe me when I say teachers are underappreciated. I can say this for a fact. Teaching shouldnt be called a job because it cannot meet one's needs. Teaching should be called an hobby. I just like teaching. But I wish I have a better job

4 Likes

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Halo22: 3:58pm On Jun 20, 2022
Hmmmm... I don't know why teaching is the least valued of all the professions in a developing nation like Nigeria? And the thing is all over especially in private schools. Nobody tries that nonsense with me as a teacher, though the owner of my the school where I teach knows that I don't give a damn about her salary, so she respects herself in my case.
@Op, just don't feel depressed or denigrated, if you are not passionate about teaching, look for a suitable job and don't live in regrets.

3 Likes

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by HornyTave: 3:59pm On Jun 20, 2022
are You in Benin? hit me up on hornytave@gmail.com if you're interested in farming.
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by aswani(m): 4:02pm On Jun 20, 2022
MsJackson:

I was walking out with my colleague and we were discussing something we both saw on social media, about gistlover. The sister overheard it and believed we were talking about her, calling her gistlover.

She walked up to me and confronted me in a harsh manner. I tried explaining to her that we weren't referring to her, but she wouldn't listen and before you know it, we were exchanging words. I said a lot because I was angry that she singled me out to confront, when we were two discussing the issue.

Considering the fact that I had some issues with a previous school two years ago, very close to this one.

First off, you need to understand that some battles can be fought and some need to be postponed till you are in a better position to fight them.

The right response to her wrongful accusations, regardless of her demeanour, is to have firmly told her you weren't talking about her and moved on with your duties.

You made the conscious effort to stand and be exchanging words with your boss' child. Do you think if you were her boss' child, she would engage with you even if you had called her gist lover to her face?

Please use this as a lesson, life is not fair and those that made it to the top always have a story to tell of injustices they had to face and bear.

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by pansophist(m): 4:03pm On Jun 20, 2022
Raalsalghul:

Thank you for editing that part out and I absolutely know you had the right intentions, but sometimes the wrong methods might be used to pass the right message. wink

Meanwhile, I might need your consultancy soon on Finland.

Hope you get money sha grin

Finland no be for broke people o. Scandinavians are one of the wealthiest region on the planet for a reason. cool

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 20, 2022
I get depressed whenever I left my job and still not gotten any thereafter.Given the kind of country like Nigeria where,if you don't have something doing that can fetch you money you go hungry and broke.I used to ask myself why did God create me in Nigeria?Did I offend God that he brought me to this godforsaken country?See Canada,Norway and other European countries.
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 20, 2022
MsJackson:
I just sent you a message on WhatsApp with the phone number on your profile.
Becareful of the scam you see on nairaland.
Coporatejay
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by pansophist(m): 4:10pm On Jun 20, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

She's a woman. Read the story again.

Just did. I wish her all the best.

I can only pray she find her strength and realise that she can be better than her boss, if she can fan the flame within her, and grow. The first months will be difficult, but every new things are difficult.

I've written it one time here, when a boss treated me bad and sacked me on the spot, and that was the last day i worked for someone. I was angry, pissed up that i needed to prove to myself, her and the world that I'll be better. That's one of the best decision I ever made.

When they throw lemon to you, you make lemonade out of it. Thats the ways of the strong.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jun 20, 2022
MsJackson:

I'll make this as brief as possible. I teach in a school where the owner uses his father's compound, back flats. His family lives in front apartment.

Some months ago, last year precisely, i had an issue with his sister, last born, and i decided to avoid her totally to prevent future occurrence. I face my job and do it well.

We the teachers observe that the family always call their son to report any issue, especially if we faltered in some cases. It was getting too much.

So on that day, exactly two weeks ago, we were asked to oversee the students sporting activities, done in front of the school compound. I was walking out with my colleague and we were discussing something we both saw on social media, about gistlover. The sister overheard it and believed we were talking about her, calling her gistlover.

She was telling me to get out and i was sooo angry that I used the f word on her. Later, her parents came back and she reported me to them. Without calling to hear my side of the story, they both told their son to send me away. The mother even said that wherever she saw me, she would strip me naked. Their son my boss came, me and my colleague were called to say what happened,we did, then my boss told me to go home and stay put for a while.

After a week,he called and told me my services were no longer needed, that he made his own private investigation from the students and they confirmed I used the f word on his sister. I am not innocent. I admitted my fault, but he refused to temper justice with mercy. He promised to pay me for this month, but my reputation is stained. AGAIN.

Considering the fact that I had some issues with a previous school two years ago, very close to this one. There I resigned on my own. Now everybody is looking at me like I am a bad person. I AM NOT. I try to be sooooo nice and polite, but people always take advantage of that to look down on me. I am extremely humble to a fault, even hubby says I present myself as mumu to people too much.

Is it a crime to be of small stature? I am 39yrs of age and this girl I had an altercation with, she is in her early 20's. I felt so disrespected because of how she confronted me, even poking her fingers in my face in the presence of the students, so I lost my temper. I didn't mean to. Now people are looking at me somehow. I don't feel like waking up in the mornings because I wonder how I would face the day.

I NEED A JOB, that will help me heal from this trauma. Graduated 11 years ago, Chemical Engineering, University of Benin. But I still don't have a good job, I have been teaching to hold body, but I am fed up.

The salary is sooooo small, compared to the work load I was handling. I would love to work in a good company, but nobody, no one is willing to give me a chance. I am depressed daily. God should just use a good person to help me, wipe my tears. Sorry for the long write-up.

you are a woman I guess. go start up a trade and treat your customers well. if hobby have money tell him to open a biz for you. provision, look for a market, sell something and leave those schools alone. by the way school in a flat, how many student them get? and which state is that?
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Anetorfavour: 4:13pm On Jun 20, 2022
MsJackson:

it is well ! No matter what happens keep grinding and be optimistic! The worst thing that will ever happen to anyone in life is death! For as long u are still alive things do change, miracles still happen ! Be hopeful in due season all will be well again!!

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jun 20, 2022
AntiWailer:
Get a skill
Na free?
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Adakintroy: 4:14pm On Jun 20, 2022
By coping.
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by The5DME(m): 4:18pm On Jun 20, 2022
I was also relieved of my job three weeks ago, and trust me; I understand how you feel right now. All the plans I had made are now in the mud.

3 Likes

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Worldbest281: 4:20pm On Jun 20, 2022
Leave private school teaching please,think of something else
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Besto(m): 4:20pm On Jun 20, 2022
MsJackson:

Pick up a digital skill

You will be happy you did.

Not all these 30k per month job.

Wondering how people survive and take nonsense on such jobs

2 Likes

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by orumba(m): 4:20pm On Jun 20, 2022
Nothing trauma here, learning handwork will help you alot. I once got fired 2019 from work paying 60k per month, I never look for job again, just went straight to learn phone repair(software). After 4 months I started mine, behold today I have 3 apprentice, you know what that means

2 Likes

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by aycorporat(m): 4:21pm On Jun 20, 2022
pocohantas:
The problem is many of us are too attached to the Nigerian 9-5 that we don’t even know when we are willing and submissive parties to new-age slavery.

Pocohantas, I wouldn't mind understanding this freelancing thing
At least with your comments and your display of intellect on this forum, I can say, I trust you, not the "Pm me to know more" people I have been seeing here.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Minjim: 4:22pm On Jun 20, 2022
I run a private school.

Private is slavery if you're not the owner.

Work in a private school has really to be humble and tolerant. Parents will insult and talk down on you. The school will always ask you to apologise. Even if you didn't wrong.
If it the only thing feeding you , you have to endure. The economy is harsh.

Please, be humble

2 Likes

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by kennethfranc(m): 4:23pm On Jun 20, 2022
The5DME:
I was also relieved of my job three weeks ago, and trust me; I understand how you feel right now. All the plans I had made are now in the mud.
Bro Xup... it's been long ooo

Hope all well?
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by bsalawu: 4:27pm On Jun 20, 2022
Where’s your location? If Lagos what part?

MsJackson:

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by ameh99: 4:33pm On Jun 20, 2022
Get a skill and stop begging for job.
I left my regular paying job few years ago because I can't stand bein marginalized and humiliated
I took so much pain and sleepless night to get a skill

Started my business from scratch and today, I make good mony from the confort of my livingroom
Don't let any motivational speaker deceive you into believing it will be rosy from the start..
Keep your head down..
•Don't womanize,
•Don't gamble
•Don't be greedy
And God will bless the works of your hands just like he has blessed me
And above all be humble
It will only take a while and you will see things begin to turn around for good

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" / Mtn Salary For Fresher / About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.