Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? (28940 Views)

Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much / How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss / Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Powersurge: 4:36pm On Jun 20, 2022
MsJackson:
Hello my uncles and aunts.

I'll make this as brief as possible. I teach in a school where the owner uses his father's compound, back flats. His family lives in front apartment.

Some months ago, last year precisely, i had an issue with his sister, last born, and i decided to avoid her totally to prevent future occurrence. I face my job and do it well.

We the teachers observe that the family always call their son to report any issue, especially if we faltered in some cases. It was getting too much.

So on that day, exactly two weeks ago, we were asked to oversee the students sporting activities, done in front of the school compound. I was walking out with my colleague and we were discussing something we both saw on social media, about gistlover. The sister overheard it and believed we were talking about her, calling her gistlover.

She walked up to me and confronted me in a harsh manner. I tried explaining to her that we weren't referring to her, but she wouldn't listen and before you know it, we were exchanging words. I said a lot because I was angry that she singled me out to confront, when we were two discussing the issue.

She was telling me to get out and i was sooo angry that I used the f word on her. Later, her parents came back and she reported me to them. Without calling to hear my side of the story, they both told their son to send me away. The mother even said that wherever she saw me, she would strip me naked. Their son my boss came, me and my colleague were called to say what happened,we did, then my boss told me to go home and stay put for a while.

After a week,he called and told me my services were no longer needed, that he made his own private investigation from the students and they confirmed I used the f word on his sister. I am not innocent. I admitted my fault, but he refused to temper justice with mercy. He promised to pay me for this month, but my reputation is stained. AGAIN.

Considering the fact that I had some issues with a previous school two years ago, very close to this one. There I resigned on my own. Now everybody is looking at me like I am a bad person. I AM NOT. I try to be sooooo nice and polite, but people always take advantage of that to look down on me. I am extremely humble to a fault, even hubby says I present myself as mumu to people too much.

Is it a crime to be of small stature? I am 39yrs of age and this girl I had an altercation with, she is in her early 20's. I felt so disrespected because of how she confronted me, even poking her fingers in my face in the presence of the students, so I lost my temper. I didn't mean to. Now people are looking at me somehow. I don't feel like waking up in the mornings because I wonder how I would face the day.

I NEED A JOB, that will help me heal from this trauma. Graduated 11 years ago, Chemical Engineering, University of Benin. But I still don't have a good job, I have been teaching to hold body, but I am fed up.

The salary is sooooo small, compared to the work load I was handling. I would love to work in a good company, but nobody, no one is willing to give me a chance. I am depressed daily. God should just use a good person to help me, wipe my tears. Sorry for the long write-up.

You were not fired. God pushed you into a higher ground. Dig in my guy and come back with testimonies.

2 Likes

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jun 20, 2022
Normal level for Naija, Op I hope you are not In support of One Nigeria? Because I want to pray for you. I can never wish my Enemy to be birthed Into Nigeria Let alone Into "Poor Family" That Is automatically death sentence and worst pains any "SANE HUMAN" would go through In his/her lifetime..
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by firstbornson(m): 4:37pm On Jun 20, 2022
Chemical Engineering? Haaa!

Apparently, "nice girls" do exist too, not only "nice guys".

Stop trying to please people. Stop trying to keep the peace. Don't be quiet just so that the matter will die off or so there will be peace.

Don't play the "mature" person. Speak your mind.

DON'T BE NICE. It doesn't make people like you. Instead, it's irritating. Stop being perfect. Be human!

Stop accommodating.

You have a major psychological issue to work on.

Even if you get a big job in an Engineering firm today, 6 months to come, you'll still go home depressed and sad because your predator colleagues will still prey on your innocence and niceness.

BTW, you were not teaching to "Hold body" You were only uncertain of the future if you stopped teaching.

The worst has happened anyway. Don't rush to another teaching job. Learn a skill. Do something scary and intimidating. Have faith.

This advice is to me because I'm like you.... Working on myself anyway.

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Sabby4joy: 4:40pm On Jun 20, 2022
Is it not better to start something for yourself no matter how small and grow it instead of looking for a job at your age. My humble opinion

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by firstbornson(m): 4:41pm On Jun 20, 2022
MsJackson:

I'll make this as brief as possible. I teach in a school where the owner uses his father's compound, back flats. His family lives in front apartment.

Some months ago, last year precisely, i had an issue with his sister, last born, and i decided to avoid her totally to prevent future occurrence. I face my job and do it well.

We the teachers observe that the family always call their son to report any issue, especially if we faltered in some cases. It was getting too much.

So on that day, exactly two weeks ago, we were asked to oversee the students sporting activities, done in front of the school compound. I was walking out with my colleague and we were discussing something we both saw on social media, about gistlover. The sister overheard it and believed we were talking about her, calling her gistlover.

She walked up to me and confronted me in a harsh manner. I tried explaining to her that we weren't referring to her, but she wouldn't listen and before you know it, we were exchanging words. I said a lot because I was angry that she singled me out to confront, when we were two discussing the issue.

She was telling me to get out and i was sooo angry that I used the f word on her. Later, her parents came back and she reported me to them. Without calling to hear my side of the story, they both told their son to send me away. The mother even said that wherever she saw me, she would strip me naked. Their son my boss came, me and my colleague were called to say what happened,we did, then my boss told me to go home and stay put for a while.

After a week,he called and told me my services were no longer needed, that he made his own private investigation from the students and they confirmed I used the f word on his sister. I am not innocent. I admitted my fault, but he refused to temper justice with mercy. He promised to pay me for this month, but my reputation is stained. AGAIN.

Considering the fact that I had some issues with a previous school two years ago, very close to this one. There I resigned on my own. Now everybody is looking at me like I am a bad person. I AM NOT. I try to be sooooo nice and polite, but people always take advantage of that to look down on me. I am extremely humble to a fault, even hubby says I present myself as mumu to people too much.

Is it a crime to be of small stature? I am 39yrs of age and this girl I had an altercation with, she is in her early 20's. I felt so disrespected because of how she confronted me, even poking her fingers in my face in the presence of the students, so I lost my temper. I didn't mean to. Now people are looking at me somehow. I don't feel like waking up in the mornings because I wonder how I would face the day.

I NEED A JOB, that will help me heal from this trauma. Graduated 11 years ago, Chemical Engineering, University of Benin. But I still don't have a good job, I have been teaching to hold body, but I am fed up.

The salary is sooooo small, compared to the work load I was handling. I would love to work in a good company, but nobody, no one is willing to give me a chance. I am depressed daily. God should just use a good person to help me, wipe my tears. Sorry for the long write-up.

Chemical Engineering? Haaa!

Apparently, "nice girls" do exist too, not only "nice guys".

Stop trying to please people. Stop trying to keep the peace. Don't be quiet just so that the matter will die off or so there will be peace.

Don't play the "mature" person. Speak your mind.

DON'T BE NICE. It doesn't make people like you. Instead, it's irritating. Stop being perfect. Be human!

Stop accommodating.

You have a major psychological issue to work on.

Even if you get a big job in an Engineering firm today, 6 months to come, you'll still go home depressed and sad because your predator colleagues will still prey on your innocence and niceness.

BTW, you were not teaching to "Hold body" You were only uncertain of the future if you stopped teaching.

The worst has happened anyway. Don't rush to another teaching job. Learn a skill. Do something scary and intimidating. Have faith.

This advice is to me because I'm like you.... Working on myself anyway.
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Sabby4joy: 4:42pm On Jun 20, 2022
Is it not better to start something for yourself no matter how small and grow it instead of looking for a job at your age. My humble opinion.
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Urchmantete: 4:44pm On Jun 20, 2022
Hello dear, if you were fed up, you would have resigned without waiting for a sack. Moreover this your story is not brief.
Advise: Never you wait till heaven falls before you quit a job that's not paying. If you don't quit, you can't get a bigger one. Change that mindset

2 Likes

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Rejoicing(f): 4:47pm On Jun 20, 2022
[quote author=Highways post=113985122]Haba.... 39 years, chemical student.... God just freed you from slavery.... Go and do Thanksgiving first....

Do you even have a PVC?

Enter into sales... Look for companies that are into sales... I'll advise you go for Pharmaceutical or Food and beverage sales... Start on commission. Can u help me out, am interested
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by zedegit: 4:49pm On Jun 20, 2022
princeemmma:
My brother you will cope with the grace of God

I understand your feelings, but you don't need to beat yourself to hard, all you need to do is move on

Life is full of surprises and ups and down, but at the end we move

I worked as Asst. Manager in a Business Company, around the covid-19 period i was fired just because i was in favour of the idea that workers should be given little money during to help them suppress hunger during the covid-19 and the next thing i was fired........... my wife just gave birth then, we have spend a lot doing the naming and even taking care of a lot of things.

It was really hard for me then, but at the end the Lord took control

So my brother, shake it off, move out and seek for a new job and am sure, don't be depressed, all i swell

I doubt you even read her write-up. Calling a woman, "my brother".
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by princeemmma(m): 4:51pm On Jun 20, 2022
zedegit:

I doubt you even read her write-up. Calling a woman, "my brother".

I dont need to read the much write up, i just need to get the content

and thanks for calling me to it
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Penflame(m): 4:52pm On Jun 20, 2022
It's no longer news.
This are the kind of news we hear often nowadays. Graduates are suffering in this country.
Anyways, chat me up on whatsapp 070.6842.7..3.91

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by chypotenti(m): 4:53pm On Jun 20, 2022
Hey! I can't just read without commenting, you have a very bright future ahead, don't worry yourself so much about what happened.... In fact you read a very nice course Chem. Eng. Wow!!!!!!! You go get better job finally but one thing I must tell you is this, don't bear any grudges for your former employer and his family(sister). Something tells me you and that girl might cross path in future...please try and help her oooo grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Juoflife1(f): 4:54pm On Jun 20, 2022
The world don't need soft people. If you are soft, even mosquitoes will trample on you.
I hope you get a new job soon.

2 Likes

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by zedegit: 4:54pm On Jun 20, 2022
Powersurge:

You were not fired. God pushed you into a higher ground. Dig in my guy and come back with testimonies.

An
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by zedegit: 4:55pm On Jun 20, 2022
Powersurge:

Another person calling a woman "my guy".

Why don't Nairalanders read before commenting?
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Ten06(m): 5:03pm On Jun 20, 2022
Learn not to regret things like this, leaving that school may land you in a better place.
Moreover, try to control your temper. Just because you are very humble is not enough for you to be so provoked when you are offended.
Learn from your mistakes and move on
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by ABIODUNOLAOPA1(m): 5:06pm On Jun 20, 2022
I will advise you not to go looking for another job. You are science inclined, start with evening classes for science students preparing for WAEC, JAMB and PUT ME right where you currently reside, you will be surprised at how things will turn around. Most times, people are forced to take life changing decisions. We hardly leave out comfort zone on our own volition. You can co-opt 2 other people of like minds to take care of art subjects.
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 20, 2022
MsJackson:

don't shit where you eat

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by CleanInAll: 5:12pm On Jun 20, 2022
Besto:

Pick up a digital skill
You will be happy you did.

Not all these 30k per month job.
Wondering how people survive and take nonsense on such jobs
Mention some to her.
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by malali: 5:14pm On Jun 20, 2022
Start Business.
Poultry Farming.
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Briggsdnero1(m): 5:29pm On Jun 20, 2022
You'll not find any help but consoling words when you share your corporate challenges on nairaland. No doubt you have a good academic background and discipline. I'll advise you go to LinkedIn to share how you need a job. That's where you'll meet people who will offer you various jobs links and support you need.
It's well my friend [color=#006600][/color]

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by olaodun: 5:29pm On Jun 20, 2022
Thank God new things are about to start , The way forward is buy and selling pls where do u reside ? if IN Lagos you dont need to work for people Just sell other people goods I can teach u how to do it
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Advision: 5:30pm On Jun 20, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

It's better to be unemployed than to teach. Schools in my area in Lagos pay teachers 15k. What's that gonna do. You will still die of hunger I rather die in a simpler way than being a beast of burden

Going to teach for a private school after service is a very bad decision bro;

1. It takes a lot of your time and is an occupation with a high emphasis on "presenteeism" i.e you being available and seen @ school. You would not have time to attend interviews or do some other sharp programmes that will help you get your dream job.

2. It doesnt give you the right connection/network - you interact with students and fellow teachers who by and large just struggle to get by.

Most of my colleagues who went from NYSC to teach almost 6-7 years ago, are still teaching bros. Others that went into the market unemployed to hussle for their dream job now probably make as much as X10 or even X20 what they earn as teachers (I exaggerate not. Only a few of them earn more than 50-60k)

@MSjackson, honestly I think this is a positive thing. Low-budget teaching is a scam that would have kept you living a life of poverty. You should be thankful to God and take your time and look for other sharp hussles where you can more easily get opportunities for growth. The path may initially be rough but with the right mindset, determination n grace from above, you would triumph.

Its better you take a sales job (which are also quite common). It gives you time to meet people of calibre and time to attend interviews. Yes, "target" dey fear people but its for a while, you can then move to better opportunities.

cc islamics, Msjackson

3 Likes

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by epadomo(m): 5:32pm On Jun 20, 2022
MsJackson:

So sorry for that. But I can be of help if you reside in lagos and willing to work insurance sector. If yes contact 08060995086

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by biafranrealson: 5:34pm On Jun 20, 2022
I think say na better job you got fired
Mtchewwww

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Advision: 5:35pm On Jun 20, 2022
Powersurge:

exactly ....teaching in a school that sounds almost like it operates from a 3-bedroom apartment 11 good years after graduating is bad.

He should be glad he was fired, God is telling him, he has denied his greater destiny for too long.

I doubt he earns up to 60k a month there

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by dettolgel: 5:37pm On Jun 20, 2022
Sorry for losing your job.

There is something no one has talked about.

A good elderly friend of mine once told me that " if I have almost the same problem with two or three different people at two or three different places I should examine myself critically."

I know this is not what you want to hear but you should before starting a new job to look inward truthfully.

Good luck in your new job search.

4 Likes

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by deavicky(m): 5:41pm On Jun 20, 2022
MsJackson:

check around ure vicinity you will see men u can approach to allow u tech the kid for part time .if u can get 5 to 8 student, u can uses that one to keep body and soul together. Secondly if want a job leave Benin to another city probability ph because of what u study.

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by SenecaTheYonger: 5:44pm On Jun 20, 2022
MsJackson:

That’s why I did everything in my power to gain mass. People subconsciously disrespected me when I had a smallish stature. But now? They are scared to walk near me cause I grew a beard and gym and ate like a beast. Even people older than me address me as sir.

No matter how advanced we get, we’re still primitive apes and naturally, the small ones get picked on. She probably singled you out because your other friend was big and she instinctively knew not to trespass. As a small dude, you are a walking target and you subconsciously know this that’s why you flare up when people look down on you.

I’m sorry about your job loss.

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Mide3367: 5:52pm On Jun 20, 2022
CorporateJay:

Hey don't despair.. Now you need to get some technical skills and start earning remotely..

Have you heard of technical writing? You can earn some money on your own without even putting up with some bad employers. $500 - $1000. Per month. It is not a get rich quick skim please.. But if you put in the work.. By December.. Things suppose dey soft for you small small

Please start from Everythingtechnicalwriting . com check out the website.. I also have an ebook I can send to you.. Send me a PM.. I will send the ebook to you..

You won't understand many things at first.. But please try.. Also try to get a laptop.. Extremely important
interested too for my siblings. My email olumide3367@gmail.com. Thanks. My number is on my signature..
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by ProfLogan(m): 5:56pm On Jun 20, 2022
Your response really help her. Hopefully she listens to your advice and start learning skills.

I also would like to get Ebook from you if it's okay with you pls. Just sent you msg

CorporateJay:

Hey don't despair.. Now you need to get some technical skills and start earning remotely..

Have you heard of technical writing? You can earn some money on your own without even putting up with some bad employers. $500 - $1000. Per month. It is not a get rich quick skim please.. But if you put in the work.. By December.. Things suppose dey soft for you small small

Please start from Everythingtechnicalwriting . com check out the website.. I also have an ebook I can send to you.. Send me a PM.. I will send the ebook to you..

You won't understand many things at first.. But please try.. Also try to get a laptop.. Extremely important

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" / Mtn Salary For Fresher / About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.