Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,978 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers (35016 Views)

Road Trip From Port Harcourt To Onne Port Rivers State: Pics & Video / A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) / A Nairalander's Trip To London, Abu Dhabi & Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by Kingnelson9: 11:00pm On Jun 20, 2022
They suffer there because they prefer to support the northerners that are entirely different and far from them than the Eastersner.
Currently they are laying pipes from Rivers to North later some fools will come out to shout Ijaw Republic and Niger Delta... Daylight rubbery...
One love..
Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by GeneralDitari: 11:01pm On Jun 20, 2022
Kingnelson9:
They suffer there because they prefer to support the northerners that are entirely different and far from them than the Eastersner.
Currently they are laying pipes from Rivers to North later some fools will come out to shout Ijaw Republic and Niger Delta... Daylight rubbery...
One love..

So you mean that we should change slave masters shey?

We are for Ijaw Republic take it or die.
Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by babasolution: 11:27pm On Jun 20, 2022
The Nigerdeltans are slaves to Nigeria forever
Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by jimyjames(m): 8:59am On Jun 21, 2022
lolu2019:
Oga,i have not been to Dubai before.but the Ibeno dat I know I am cool with it.only that they need more infrastructures.
They lack infrastructure simple
Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by jimyjames(m): 9:04am On Jun 21, 2022
GeneralDitari:

So you mean that we should change slave masters shey?

We are for Ijaw Republic take it or die.
Change slave masters or not ijaw has only one state which is the smallest state in Nigeria by population with just 8 local government every other state in Nigeria has many local government which they receive federal allocation from oil revenue from your communities, we the igbos have 5 states with hundreds of local government receiving the federal allocation, so change slave masters or not we are benefiting
Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by GeneralDitari: 9:14am On Jun 21, 2022
jimyjames:

Change slave masters or not ijaw has only one state which is the smallest state in Nigeria by population with just 8 local government every other state in Nigeria has many local government which they receive federal allocation from oil revenue from your communities, we the igbos have 5 states with hundreds of local government receiving the federal allocation, so change slave masters or not we are benefiting

Mumu.

Neither Igbo nor Yoruba is bigger than Ijaw in population.

Ijaw land is as big as Igbo land.

7th class citizens that can never rule Nigeria.
Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by jimyjames(m): 9:22am On Jun 21, 2022
GeneralDitari:

Mumu.

Neither Igbo nor Yoruba is bigger than Ijaw in population.

Ijaw land is as big as Igbo land.

7th class citizens that can never rule Nigeria.
Yoruba and igbo are the only ethnic group in Nigeria who have a geopolitical zone all to themselves, Yoruba have the entire South West with 6 states to themselves, igbos have the South East with 5 states to themselves, whether ijaw is bigger than Yoruba or igbo it doesn't concern us keep it to yourself, what matters is we are getting paid, you can manage bayelsa that has only 8 local government Kano with 44 local government collects allocation 20 times than your 8 local government, you will remain with bayelsa forever no state will be created for you
Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by GeneralDitari: 9:24am On Jun 21, 2022
jimyjames:

Yoruba and igbo are the only ethnic group in Nigeria who have a geopolitical zone all to themselves, Yoruba have the entire South West with 6 states to themselves, igbos have the South East with 5 states to themselves, whether ijaw is bigger than Yoruba or igbo it doesn't concern us keep it to yourself, what matters is we are getting paid, you can manage bayelsa that has only 8 local government Kano with 44 local government collects allocation 20 times than your 8 local government, you will remain with bayelsa forever no state will be created for you

Ijaws are as big as Igbo size and population.

Go find out more.

End of discussion with you.
Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by jimyjames(m): 9:32am On Jun 21, 2022
GeneralDitari:

Ijaws are as big as Igbo size and population.

Go find out more.

End of discussion with you.
I'm not arguing with you on that, I said keep that information to yourself, all I'm saying is we have an entire geopolitical zone with 5 states to ourselves collecting federal allocation from niger Delta oil revenue, you ijaw have only one state that's the smallest state by population in Nigeria with less than 2 million people, it will remain like this forever, maybe in the future these geopolitical zone will be changed to regional government and we will have a regional government of our own
Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by EvenBlogger: 9:57am On Jun 21, 2022
Crixxx:
No Okrika man is a billionaire on Forbes yet otedola,alakija and the rest from far north are billionaires form oil wealth.
There is something they have not told us yet. Top

Abeg if there is any onne man who is a billionaire from oil wealth let me know because I know ee get men wey big rich dangote that are low-key billionaires in this country.
Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by Bigfish121(m): 11:16am On Jun 21, 2022
Rivers state cannot actually boast of good infrastructure despite the huge amount of revenue.what a same.The first time I went to ph,I was asking myself if this is the portharcourt I have been hearing about.
Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by Sleekfingers: 3:20pm On Jun 21, 2022
buttlover:
Okrika is an island in Rivers State, Nigeria, capital of the Local Government Area of the same name. The town is situated on an island south of Port Harcourt, making it a suburb of the much larger city.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQwWfYS8V1I

Formerly a fishing village of the Ijo (Ijaw) people in the mangrove swamps of the eastern Niger River(Delta), Okrika became the capital of the Okrika kingdom in the early 17th century and actively dealt in slaves. It served as a port for the exportation of palm oil after the abolition of the slave trade in the 1830s, but it was a less significant port facility than either Bonny (18 miles [46 km] south) or Opobo (32 miles [81 km] east-southeast). By 1912, Okrika had been completely eclipsed by Port Harcourt, and it was not revived as a commercial town until 1965, when the nearby Port Harcourt refinery was completed and pipelines were built to a jetty on Okrika Mainland. It also has a major gas plant facility (Alakiri gas plant) that supplies to the refinery and others.[2][3]

Refined petroleum products are some of Okrika's significant exports. The town has considerable local trade in fish( which is in rapid decline due to pollution of the waters and land by crude oil activities) oil palm produce, locally processed salt, cassava (manioc), taro, plantains, and yams

Onne also known as Onne-Eleme, is a town in Eleme, Rivers State, Nigeria. The town is a host to one of the two prominent ports in Nigeria. It is bordered by the towns of Alode, Ebubu and Ngololo Creek, a tributary of Bonny River.

Wetin be this? Oil producing state , where there absolutely no tangible development......
And some confused children will be calling lagos a slum.....

During my visit to bayelsa, cross rivers and edo state, I just dey shake my head.....there is absolutely nothing in those states
Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by ruggedtimi(m): 10:18pm On Jun 25, 2022
Hello
Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by buttlover(m): 10:33pm On Jun 25, 2022
ruggedtimi:
Hello
Hi
Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by ruggedtimi(m): 7:41am On Jun 27, 2022
NeckingNgulping:

The bad boys there all belong to one cult, hence there's no rivalry that'll lead to unrest.

Hope you get it?
not just about the bad boys belonging to one cult. Their no1 leader reside in okrika and in every community there is a head( unit head ). If anything should go wrong in that community or unit, like a case of robbery or kidnap that unit head will be held responsible. And you know what that means. If you are caught robbing someone especially with a gun na yawa for you. In okrika you can walk along the street zero zero hours nobody go touch you.
Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by ruggedtimi(m): 7:50am On Jun 27, 2022
Bossontop:
undecided
The oyel money no dey show for the place at all
the op only took pics of one side....I will be making a counter thread soon
Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by ruggedtimi(m): 7:51am On Jun 27, 2022
georgeakins:

Blame their leaders there. Rivers state has made so much money from 13% oil derivation and federal allocation since 1999.

Port Harcourt is beautiful, but villages in Rivers lack basic amenities due to massive corruption.
I lived in a village in Ahoada West few years back, no light , water and road..
okrika is different. Okrika gets constant light and very safe. With a good terrain
Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by ruggedtimi(m): 7:52am On Jun 27, 2022
miraclea:
Op you try ehh
the roads and lands belongs to both Eleme while okirika inhabits the water banks, and it's not an island
Refinery and environs are all Eleme alesa axis while shipping pipelines and jetty loading operations are in okirika
Okirika doesn't have an oil well
Onne port is not in okirika but in Eleme
You still deserve some salute
lol ask of alakiri..na water well dey dere?
Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by ruggedtimi(m): 7:54am On Jun 27, 2022
1stGenAmerican:
They traded slaves and produce oil so where did all of the money go? This has to be one of the most poverty stricken oil producing places in the world.
dunno wat u saying...person video one side of okrika u dey conclude.
Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by sageb: 11:02am On Jun 27, 2022
ruggedtimi:
the op only took pics of one side....I will be making a counter thread soon

don't mind the wailers
let them post whatever they like, it does not change the fact that Okrika is blessed.
Wakirike bese
#We Rise

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Passenger Plane Plunges Into Lake Victoria, Tanzania, Rescue Operations Underway / Netherlands Tourist Visa / Photos Of The Abuja Airport New Terminal Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.