Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,349 members, 7,808,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:56 AM

Does KLM Flight To UK Require Transit Visa At Amsterdam - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Does KLM Flight To UK Require Transit Visa At Amsterdam (7416 Views)

Deceased Stowaway Discovered On KLM Flight From Lagos (photo) / FG Bars Air France, Lufthansa, KLM, Others / KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does KLM Flight To UK Require Transit Visa At Amsterdam by frankhills(m): 10:33am On Jun 19, 2022
Pls help a Nairalander. Please if have travelled recently to UK from Nigeria through Amsterdam, do they request for Transit Visa recently?
Re: Does KLM Flight To UK Require Transit Visa At Amsterdam by Golan007: 10:34am On Jun 19, 2022
frankhills:
Pls help a Nairalander. Please if have travelled recently to UK from Nigeria through Amsterdam, do they request for Transit Visa recently?

NO.
Re: Does KLM Flight To UK Require Transit Visa At Amsterdam by WatchYourSix: 10:41am On Jun 19, 2022
frankhills:

I heard somethimg like that recently..that even if you are not leaving the airport to connect your flight to the uk... u will need transit visa...its wickedness .....all these klm, air france and co..not sure though.....ask the airline to be sure...

BtW......U no see qatar airways??
Re: Does KLM Flight To UK Require Transit Visa At Amsterdam by espn(m): 11:30am On Jun 19, 2022
frankhills:
Yes...They are no more part of EU...But if you posses a residency permit...YES YOU CAN without a transit visa...However you have other options....Qatar...Emirates...Ethiopia Airline..Egypt Air...Airrwanda...Turkish...You have many other options that don't require you to get a transit visa to UK.
Re: Does KLM Flight To UK Require Transit Visa At Amsterdam by Lexusgs430: 12:28pm On Jun 19, 2022
frankhills:

Ensure you book your flight timings correctly, to avoid longer than expected transit wait times at schipol.......

You DON'T require a transit visa, if you have no intention of exiting schipol airport .........

NB: Ensure you don't book any Air France connections, that might have transit complications......
Re: Does KLM Flight To UK Require Transit Visa At Amsterdam by seunny4lif(m): 2:08pm On Jun 19, 2022
NO but to be on a safe side contact KLM by Email.
Since UK is no more part of EU countries, so many rules have been introduced.
It’s really confusing sometimes.
Most KLM flights connects to Air France meaning you may end up still pass through Paris again.
Re: Does KLM Flight To UK Require Transit Visa At Amsterdam by OmichaelO: 3:09pm On Jun 23, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Ensure you book your flight timings correctly, to avoid longer than expected transit wait times at schipol.......

You DON'T require a transit visa, if you have no intention of exiting schipol airport .........

NB: Ensure you don't book any Air France connections, that might have transit complications......
I called their number and they are telling me I need a transit visa to the UK
Re: Does KLM Flight To UK Require Transit Visa At Amsterdam by Lexusgs430: 5:46pm On Jun 23, 2022
OmichaelO:
I called their number and they are telling me I need a transit visa to the UK

Did you tell them you would not be leaving the airport......
Re: Does KLM Flight To UK Require Transit Visa At Amsterdam by OmichaelO: 7:19pm On Jun 23, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Did you tell them you would not be leaving the airport......
I did bro.
Re: Does KLM Flight To UK Require Transit Visa At Amsterdam by Lexusgs430: 12:48am On Jun 24, 2022
OmichaelO:
I did bro.

This one pass my power be dat ........

My understanding of transit visa, means you intend to exit the airport.........
Re: Does KLM Flight To UK Require Transit Visa At Amsterdam by OmichaelO: 1:06am On Jun 24, 2022
Lexusgs430:

This one pass my power be dat ........

My understanding of transit visa, means you intend to exit the airport.........
Exactly, after you message I had to call again to inform them that I'm not leaving the airport o. It's just connecting flight. They insisted it's needed
Re: Does KLM Flight To UK Require Transit Visa At Amsterdam by Lexusgs430: 1:12am On Jun 24, 2022
OmichaelO:
Exactly, after you message I had to call again to inform them that I'm not leaving the airport o. It's just connecting flight. They insisted it's needed

Somewhere in the middle of this, lays the answer......

I think, the green passport is the problem........

2 Likes

Re: Does KLM Flight To UK Require Transit Visa At Amsterdam by MJ01: 3:48am On Jun 24, 2022
A family member just missed her flight because of the required Schengen visa....

Please how soon can one get the transit visa?
Re: Does KLM Flight To UK Require Transit Visa At Amsterdam by OmichaelO: 6:45am On Jun 24, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Somewhere in the middle of this, lays the answer......

I think, the green passport is the problem........

Nawa oo.

It's as if being a passport holder of this country is war.

Thank you for you help chief.
Re: Does KLM Flight To UK Require Transit Visa At Amsterdam by Nuelladoll: 7:07pm On Jul 28, 2022
MJ01:
A family member just missed her flight because of the required Schengen visa....

MJ01:

Please have you gotten information on this?
How long does it take?
Re: Does KLM Flight To UK Require Transit Visa At Amsterdam by KazikageSama: 10:54pm On Jul 28, 2022
frankhills:

Yes. I was a victim. Booked flight to cardiff through Amsterdam on Kenya Airways.
Received the bad news at the airport, had to cancel the flight and bought Virgin Atlantic right at the airport
Re: Does KLM Flight To UK Require Transit Visa At Amsterdam by d1faj: 4:47am On Oct 01, 2022
You need either an Airport Transit Visa or a Schenghen visa to pass through Amsterdam.
Getting the ATV for KLM is quite fairly easy and a straight forward process from the French website.
https://www.netherlandsworldwide.nl/visa-the-netherlands/airport-transit-visa/apply-nigeria

It's even free to get this if I'm right. Best of luck!
Re: Does KLM Flight To UK Require Transit Visa At Amsterdam by ganiruogene(m): 1:41pm On Nov 07, 2022
d1faj:
You need either an Airport Transit Visa or a Schenghen visa to pass through Amsterdam.
Getting the ATV for KLM is quite fairly easy and a straight forward process from the French website.
https://www.netherlandsworldwide.nl/visa-the-netherlands/airport-transit-visa/apply-nigeria

It's even free to get this if I'm right. Best of luck!

PLEASE WHATS THE DURATION OF TIME IT TAKES BEFORE THE TRANSIT VISA COMES OUT?

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Arrange Employment For Canada? / Carers In The UK: Can You Please Share Your Honest Experience / Inside Morrocco

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.