Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

Peaceful Coexistence - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Peaceful Coexistence (151 Views)

Hon Uche Okonkwo Calls For Peaceful Coexistence And Development Of Idemili L.G.A / Ndigbo Youth Calls For Peaceful Coexistence In Nigeria / CYMS Advocate For Peaceful Coexistence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Peaceful Coexistence by freetheking: 12:04pm On Jun 19, 2022
GEN 26v17-35
Isaac was driven away from Philistine because of jealousy that he had acquired more wealth than the people of the land where he lived (14v16). He left Philistine and lived in the valley of Gerar

The herdsmen of Gerar strove with the herdsmen of Isaac over wells of water and Isaac's servant continued to shift for them and as they dig well they continued to close it to provoke Isaac for war yet kept quiet and maintain peace.

I don't know who have been provoking you for trouble or war and how you have handled the problem.

Remember, the quietness of a Lion is not a sign of weakness rather a mark of tolerance and maturity.

I know you must have been stretched to the wall to react but the Bible says,as much as lies in you, live in peace with all men.

This was Isaac attitude towards people of Gerar until God made room for him to have a stable water and assured him He (God) will bless him and multiple his seed.

After that,he built an altar and called the name of the Lord,Abimelech and his friend and captain came to him for peaceful settlement and to covenant with him.

I pray for you,may your enemies seek your peace in Jesus Name Amen.
May your enemies and those who sought your death live to see your progress and prosperity as well as the hand of the Lord upon your life and seek your friendship in Jesus Mighty Name Amen.

Never you allow old prejudice make you not to reconcile with your enemies, allow forgiveness to occupy your heart as Jesus Christ forgave you when you sinned against Him.

The two last verses this text gave us a heart breaking news about Esau.

I want to make it clear to every young man desiring to marry, never you toil with the your peace and unity of your family, especially parents while marrying your heart throb.

I have heard some young men say,I am not marrying her for my parents,she can behave anyhow she likes.
What does it profit you that you brought a beautiful woman (area scatter or a nagging woman) in your family and she became a grief to your parents instead of happiness and joy?

Imagine Esau marrying two Hittites women and non of them were useful to Isaac and Rebecca rather they made life miserable for them.

As a beautiful 'angelic' woman are you making life miserable for your father and mother in-laws or you a comforter to them?

Young Man, think about the peace of your family before getting married to any woman no matter what she possess.

(Some) girls or women have no regard and respect for their father and mother in-laws and this is bringing crisis and divisions in the family.

You didn't come to marry your husband alone but to the whole members of the family and only in sexual relationship can you separate yourself from them but in character, behaviours and service you are marrying everyone and every member of the family is marrying you..

Has this advice sink into your heart, you woman that is reading this post?

I hope from now on you will change your negative attitudes towards your father and mother in-laws as well as other members of your husbands family for peaceful coexistence.

Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Effective And Affordable Pest, Snake And Rat Control / You Have To See What I Saw On Facebook Now / Flood Takes Over Part Of Lagos (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.