Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,895 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

What's The Best Piece Of Code Ever Written By You? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What's The Best Piece Of Code Ever Written By You? (1149 Views)

30 Days Of Code {April 19 - May 18} / 100 Days Of Code Challenge / What’s the Most Sophisticated Software Ever Written (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Best Piece Of Code Ever Written By You? by Babtunz: 1:24pm On Jun 19, 2022
Okay. You may call this a brag post if you like, it's fine, because that's exactly what this is all about.

So tell us, what's that piece of code written by you that you are most proud of as a software engineer/developer? Doesn't matter you are a junior or you have 20yrs+ of experience!

It could be a personal project, an open-source contribution in a popular project or tool, a plugin or an extension you wrote for fun or more terrific, you're one of those who helped send NASA to space! Everything counts!

Please share your story let's get motivated!
Re: What's The Best Piece Of Code Ever Written By You? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 19, 2022
Babtunz:
Okay. You may call this a brag post if you like, it's fine, because that's exactly what this is all about.

So tell us, what's that piece of code written by you that you are most proud of as a software engineer/developer? Doesn't matter you are a junior or you have 20yrs+ of experience!

It could be a personal project, an open-source contribution in a popular project or tool, a plugin or an extension you wrote for fun or more terrific, you're one of those who helped send NASA to space! Everything counts!

Please share your story let's get motivated!
For now, it's a small game I've been working on, being written in JavaScript

3 Likes

Re: What's The Best Piece Of Code Ever Written By You? by Eaztzide: 7:08pm On Jun 19, 2022
A Python code to randomly generate phone numbers. 100% of the numbers generated were valid and active when called.

6 Likes

Re: What's The Best Piece Of Code Ever Written By You? by aronski(m): 8:03pm On Jun 19, 2022
* Twitter hash-tag system (mine shows who was the first to use the hash tag/created the hash tag)

* User is typing feature for message systems

* Dark theme feature (and other coloured themes)

2 Likes

Re: What's The Best Piece Of Code Ever Written By You? by Karleb(m): 8:06pm On Jun 19, 2022
Think4Myself:

You know you can screenshot your computer, right?

2 Likes

Re: What's The Best Piece Of Code Ever Written By You? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jun 19, 2022
grin
Karleb:

Re: What's The Best Piece Of Code Ever Written By You? by Fr4nk(m): 9:18pm On Jun 19, 2022
recently I've been writing a lot of code to solve numerous codewars Kata, it's so hard to choose the best one though, because I love all of them,

For now I'll just pick my sudoku solution validation algorithm and my N×N matrix determinant calculator

2 Likes

Re: What's The Best Piece Of Code Ever Written By You? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 19, 2022
Karleb:

I use my phone to browse on nairaland
Re: What's The Best Piece Of Code Ever Written By You? by Babtunz: 10:23pm On Jun 19, 2022
Think4Myself:

That's amazing! I look forward to how this turns out! Happy coding!
Re: What's The Best Piece Of Code Ever Written By You? by Babtunz: 10:27pm On Jun 19, 2022
Eaztzide:
A Python code to randomly generate phone numbers. 100% of the numbers generated were valid and active when called.

Wow, that sounds great! But what's the intent for the project? Are you harvesting the numbers for something or just trying things out?
Re: What's The Best Piece Of Code Ever Written By You? by Babtunz: 10:33pm On Jun 19, 2022
Fr4nk:
recently I've been writing a lot of code to solve numerous codewars Kata, it's so hard to choose the best one though, because I love all of them,

For now I'll just pick my sudoku solution validation algorithm and my N×N matrix determinant calculator

This is super cool!
What language did you write these projects in?

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Piece Of Code Ever Written By You? by Babtunz: 10:38pm On Jun 19, 2022
aronski:
* Twitter hash-tag system (mine shows who was the first to use the hash tag/created the hash tag)

* User is typing feature for message systems

* Dark theme feature (and other coloured themes)

Number 1 sounds really dope!

I'm wondering, how did you achieve number 2?

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Piece Of Code Ever Written By You? by Eaztzide: 11:00pm On Jun 19, 2022
Babtunz:

Wow, that sounds great! But what's the intent for the project? Are you harvesting the numbers for something or just trying things out?

No. Just testing out the power of random module and Python itself.
Re: What's The Best Piece Of Code Ever Written By You? by Babtunz: 11:03pm On Jun 19, 2022
Eaztzide:

No. Just testing out the power of random module and Python itself.
Oh, okay. Happy learning!
Re: What's The Best Piece Of Code Ever Written By You? by Fr4nk(m): 12:11am On Jun 20, 2022
Babtunz:

This is super cool!
What language did you write these projects in?
Python

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Piece Of Code Ever Written By You? by aronski(m): 2:02pm On Jun 20, 2022
Babtunz:

Number 1 sounds really dope!

I'm wondering, how did you achieve number 2?

I did all with PHP and No. 2 with some Jquery code attached

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Piece Of Code Ever Written By You? by Sphinxvally: 6:13pm On Jun 20, 2022
Eaztzide:

Sent you a mail.
Kindly check and respond.

Thanks.
Re: What's The Best Piece Of Code Ever Written By You? by ichidodo: 12:50pm On Jun 22, 2022
An Algorithmic Trading Engine from scratch, which uses my extensive trading experience as a database and also able to build on top that database via updating its trading skill sets, making trading decisions, watching and learning of its outcome not to mention that of growing its own extensive experience on its own as its scours the fx market looking to take advantage of excellent trading opportunities for my financial benefits........I have 19 (each at least 900 lines of code) of these engines all working in different paradigms of the fx market independently and interdependently.I plan to merge all the engines together into something close to a neural network or Artificial Intelligence

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Piece Of Code Ever Written By You? by Babtunz: 3:09pm On Jun 22, 2022
ichidodo:
An Algorithmic Trading Engine from scratch, which uses my extensive trading experience as a database and also able to build on top that database via updating its trading skill sets, making trading decisions, watching and learning of its outcome not to mention that of growing its own extensive experience on its own as its scours the fx market looking to take advantage of excellent trading opportunities for my financial benefits........I have 19 (each at least 900 lines of code) of these engines all working in different paradigms of the fx market independently and interdependently.I plan to merge all the engines together into something close to a neural network or Artificial Intelligence

Wow, this is huge!

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Piece Of Code Ever Written By You? by ichidodo: 8:35pm On Jun 22, 2022
Babtunz:

Wow, this is huge!
F**k yeah, its huge... This Algorithmic Trading AI will be the core secret tech of a startup, i am looking to establish...maybe merge with a Chinese hedge fund.
Re: What's The Best Piece Of Code Ever Written By You? by TheManOfTheYear: 10:18am On Jun 23, 2022
A status feature to indicate or 'raise' one's hands during a video call meeting.

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Piece Of Code Ever Written By You? by Babtunz: 10:32am On Jun 23, 2022
TheManOfTheYear:
A status feature to indicate or 'raise' one's hands during a video call meeting.

That's very cool!
Is it for a personal or work project?
Re: What's The Best Piece Of Code Ever Written By You? by kuljoe4: 11:51am On Jun 23, 2022
Java code that scrapes data from sporting sites, and uses it to predict the outcome of a fixture based on past matches and several other factors too
Re: What's The Best Piece Of Code Ever Written By You? by TheManOfTheYear: 11:59am On Jun 23, 2022
Babtunz:

That's very cool!
Is it for a personal or work project?
Yeah a personal project. A Skype clone basically

(1) (Reply)

Need Developers For A Fintech Startup / Two Methods Help Users Recover Deleted Whatsapp Messages / Wow!!! OAU Students Creates Apps For The Blinds @microsoft Imagine Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.