Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. (39068 Views)

Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women / Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences / Can You Sleep Using This Snake Bed Sheet Cover? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Nyanyafk: 4:04pm On Jun 22, 2022
This thing can shock for Africa, there was a day me and this thing fight small tug of war as I tried to off the socket with wet hands, since then we do not mix

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Goalnaldo(m): 4:04pm On Jun 22, 2022
Moneyboyz:
I knew what it's about before I entered the thread, I wish someone had a bet with me, I would have won.
it's possible you saw it on twitter. I guessed right too before opening the thread wink
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by OneKinGuy(m): 4:07pm On Jun 22, 2022
Omo if this thing shock you ehhhh grin angry grin
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by do4luv14(m): 4:08pm On Jun 22, 2022
Omicron007:
The Boiling Ring(Heater) is a very common household electrical appliance in Nigeria. It can be adapted for various uses like boiling water and cooking light meals.

The Heater has caused a lot of disasters and even claimed lives in homes due to improper usage.

Back then in School, I and my roommates used this heater to prepare roasted chicken. When we kill a chicken, we remove the feathers and all the intestines and other necessary 'removables'.

We then insert the heater through the orifice created at the anus region and plug the heater. After some minutes, the chicken becomes fully roasted. We then order some Budweiser Beer to use and wash it down.

Share your experience(s) using this electrical appliance.

hahahahaha, I collect am for this Hester had,

imagine going to touch the water if it's hot yet, lolzzz
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by stanisbaratheon: 4:09pm On Jun 22, 2022
house burner and a shocker grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Omoslim26: 4:09pm On Jun 22, 2022
dochenaj:
Clearly you can't try using this with a prepaid meter. grin

As you're done cooking, your purchased token will follow the food and get done.

Asweargad that thing na dangerous consumer of electricity grin grin
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by osidion2020(m): 4:10pm On Jun 22, 2022
Saving grace during uni days....

We repair, install and calibrate weight scale and weight bridges of all sizes and dimensions. 08165217872
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by bizzibodi(m): 4:10pm On Jun 22, 2022
I almost burn house twice with that thing.
1st one as a teen a mistakenly plug d cable instead of radio plug,it was hang on a old fridge vegetables holder omo see fire in d midnight thank God I didn't slept off during 11:15pm movie on NTA.
The 2nd incident was i intend to make tea when phcn took power & i was preparing to go for one public lecture,i forgot totally went for d event,i was returning from the event 5hrs later at 8pm remember inside bus in Lagos holdup,i almost jump out & starts running for 10km but keep my cool & pray for phcn not bring power...on reaching my area i saw light my heart somersaulted...I was imagining the landlord house on fire with d whole neighbourhood watching helplessly eventually an okada took me home on opening d door i saw d heater & d iron cup red hot with a stabiliser carton close to it untouched i stretched forth my hand & off d switch,then made d sign of d cross.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by SocialJustice: 4:12pm On Jun 22, 2022
maleekberry:
A deadly appliance shocked
A perfect example of small but mighty
You fit use am boil water, cook food and also make soup.

But if this heater shock you, all your hair go stand immediately
You cook soup with ring boiler. Omo! cheesy
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Treasure17(m): 4:12pm On Jun 22, 2022
SavageBoy:

Mehn!!!

Ours would have been like that if not for the quick intervention of our next door neighbor.

I think I was barely five or so, my mum was using it to boil water. She then told me to off the socket when it starts boiling. Locking me and my younger bro from outside, she went to get something close by.

Mumu me, instead of switching off the socket when the water started to boil, I removed the boiling ring and placed it on the table while the socket was still ongrin

Na so fire oh, it started getting serious, to the extent that the flame was almost touching our ceiling. I was just there looking, telling my younger brother "see fire," fortunately our neighbor started perceiving the smell of something burning,traced it to our room and that was how that impending disaster was averted oh.

After then, the use of boiling ring in the compound was banned by our landlord. The fear of boiling ring is still in me till tomorrow

This one off me o. grin Like the mumu was unprecedented one but as a kid you were sha.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Minjim: 4:12pm On Jun 22, 2022
It was a Sunday. I didn't want to go to church that day but my dad compelled me to. My house was near the church. As we closed from church and came out we saw smoke from the direction of my House. Moving forward I realised it was actually our house that was burning. That was when I remembered that I didn't switch off the plug when Nepa took light as I was boiling water with this deadly devices. . We couldn't take anything out of our Kitchen. Thank God they never knew it was my fault. Everyone was saying it was when Nepa brought light that the fire started. They all thought it was a faulty cable. In short they had to change all the roofs because the roofs were totally burnt.

Since then if I don't feel want to go somewhere, no one can persuade me to go. If I was at home I would have remembered I was boiling water or noticed the smoke and restricted it to our kitchen

7 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 4:12pm On Jun 22, 2022
maleekberry:
A deadly appliance shocked
A perfect example of small but mighty
You fit use am boil water, cook food and also make soup.

But if this heater shock you, all your hair go stand immediately
stupid thing wey shock me and mama at the same time.. very funny scene..
Mom: Ola shey the water never heat ni?
Me: lemme check, mumu me put hand inside water naso e shock me o
Mom: iro ti ba e je. Naso malee put hand inside watee, na ground I see my malee next grin. Rip mom. It's been 11years you left me.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by NoToPile: 4:13pm On Jun 22, 2022
Very dangerous stuff, very powerful heater, can catch fire like ehn, we normally use it to boil drinking water, place it inside big bucket of water, this thing will boil with bubbles within short time.

Once placed it on a table, forgot to switch it off the thing drilled a burning hole inside ni sha, if we were not have that's how the whole table will be burnt and possible the house.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by CharleyBright(m): 4:17pm On Jun 22, 2022
placeofallure:
I'll never ever forget. It was December 26, 1999

The fanti carnival was going on from street to street, there was a procession of happy people dancing and all.

A neighbour plugged water with this appliance, she wanted to make eba. There was power outage and on hearing the sounds of drumming outside, she left to go see the procession without unplugging the boiling ring. She even followed the procession.

Shortly after, power was restored. Nobody knew that the house was in flames until it was too late. The lady, a teenager at the time left her sleeping baby in the room. Somebody had to do a Jack Bauer stunt to go pull out the baby.

Our apartment was right next to where the fire started. I wasn't even home, just my kid brothers and sisters. Our parents have traveled to celebrate Christmas in our village. My big sis too wasn't home. That was how the entire building was razed, as in totally razed at Christmas.

The fire was fast. It had caught all the ceilings, so when people rushed in to pick things, the ceiling was dropping on them, they had to abort the mission. We didn't bring out a pin from the fire. We had just the clothes we were wearing, no pants nothing. I'm mostly pained about my pictures. All the childhood pictures, those memories gone.

People in the neighborhood started donating stuff ranging from clothes to food, to money. We became destitute. Our parents had to cut short their trip. We slept with friends, family etc for about 3 months before we got our groove back. I had to return to school a week or so after the fire incident. Before then, I moved in with my bf now hubby. My dad had to cough out money for new clothes apart from the normal semester expenses, my bf too. I came back after the semester to a new apartment.

Since then, you'd never see me use that thing, Never!

Quite a horrible experience u have painted. I can even picture it on my mind.
What happened to the sleeping baby? You said not a single pin was salvaged.
Pls Don't tell me the baby died in the fire.
The mother would have ran mad with her carelessness if the baby died.
So disheartening.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Positiveme2020: 4:18pm On Jun 22, 2022
It almost burnt our house , so we banned it.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Deborah98(f): 4:20pm On Jun 22, 2022
Many bad experiences though. E come be like na my hand dey thing dey like spoil. This stuff and lamp globe abi wetin be im name made my parents beat the living daylight out of me. It's either the boiling ring melted the bucket or I carelessly allowed it inside the water for a long time. The other one show me shege no be lie. The good old days.. another one is electric cooker,God forbid that thing nearly took my life too. I just hate naked wires and stuffs poorly covered that make use of electricity.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by AllBlack: 4:28pm On Jun 22, 2022
Camelot65:
This and electric cooker Grrrrrrrrrrrrr me.

Plugged the heater and dipped my hand in the bucket, you know the rest.

As for the cooker, a pot was on it, wanted to check if it's red already so I lifted a side of the pot angry

Hahaha. U lifted the pot to check your head grin and you saw your head abi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Ademoore07(m): 4:30pm On Jun 22, 2022
During my undergraduate studies at ogbomoso (2004-2009), i bought this device for just 100 naira. Hotplates (the one with spiral rings) goes for 350 naira in those day. Very fast with high voltage but the shock is out of this world. Infact, it can never be well with buhari

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jun 22, 2022
Damm'm niggas i remember that day wey this nonsense thing shoke me up till now i won't forget, my mom just sent me to go check if the water has boil i go deep my finger inside the water this thing shoke me like say person flock me

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Reference(m): 4:31pm On Jun 22, 2022
Burnt many houses down and killed scores....
Torched half my room in my college finals.
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by AllBlack: 4:38pm On Jun 22, 2022
LordEclipse:
Lol..I always love removing it from water,let it hit well on its own and then put it back in the water just to hear that 'chioooo' sound..hahahahaa

You like ruff play. I did this crap too.

The shock from this boiler comes with a notification in your brain

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by FuckHomophobes: 4:41pm On Jun 22, 2022
This heater nearly burnt my uncle shop that year.

It did burn my school bag sha. I had left it plugged and we went home. Only to return to smoke in the morning.

I chop beating sha grin
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by nedekid: 4:41pm On Jun 22, 2022
Yuneehk:
My experience with this boiling ring eh...

Funnily enough, it's still my go-to just for heating up water. Over the years, I've understood it and serves me well. It's very fast and easy to use especially when I need to heat up water. When I started using it, the plastics I use will melt because I didn't fill them to the brim.

I also remember using it to cook beans half done because I heard somebody say it. Same for white rice and it worked. Those days when we were trying to conserve kerosene or gas grin grin
Heating up water? Do you use prepaid meter for you Nepa billing?
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by 2elliot: 4:44pm On Jun 22, 2022
NeckingNgulping:
Back in the day, using this heater to heat water was very easy and stress-free when there was light. You don't have to waste kerosenes or gas or firewoods. Most time while having the heater inserted in the water and plugged to the socket, i would dip my finger in the water to check if the water is becoming hot.. Quite risky but, nothing happened to me.
Guy, you mean nothing happened to you? Chief, scientists need study your skin.
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by sharpwriter(m): 4:48pm On Jun 22, 2022
SavageBoy:

Mehn!!!

Ours would have been like that if not for the quick intervention of our next door neighbor.

I think I was barely five or so, my mum was using it to boil water. She then told me to off the socket when it starts boiling. Locking me and my younger bro from outside, she went to get something close by.

Mumu me, instead of switching off the socket when the water started to boil, I removed the boiling ring and placed it on the table while the socket was still ongrin

Na so fire oh, it started getting serious, to the extent that the flame was almost touching our ceiling. I was just there looking, telling my younger brother "see fire," fortunately our neighbor started perceiving the smell of something burning,traced it to our room and that was how that impending disaster was averted oh.

After then, the use of boiling ring in the compound was banned by our landlord. The fear of boiling ring is still in me till tomorrow

See fire... Lol... You be real mumu cheesy grin

Which position you dey for class dat time? grin

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by 2elliot: 4:51pm On Jun 22, 2022
meobizy:
Budweiser? This one never enter uni, sef. Kai, I’m an elder in the midst of children.

I saw this device only in boarding house and nowhere else. I have no idea where it is sold neither do I care. It was manufactured for people below my standard of living.
Mumu.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 22, 2022
Omo this thing nearly turn me to electro man, I put water come chook hand to check if water don boil, omo I gats buy peak milk with malt to later gain back myself

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by sharpwriter(m): 4:55pm On Jun 22, 2022
placeofallure:
I'll never ever forget. It was December 26, 1999

The fanti carnival was going on from street to street, there was a procession of happy people dancing and all.

A neighbour plugged water with this appliance, she wanted to make eba. There was power outage and on hearing the sounds of drumming outside, she left to go see the procession without unplugging the boiling ring. She even followed the procession.

Shortly after, power was restored. Nobody knew that the house was in flames until it was too late. The lady, a teenager at the time left her sleeping baby in the room. Somebody had to do a Jack Bauer stunt to go pull out the baby.

Our apartment was right next to where the fire started. I wasn't even home, just my kid brothers and sisters. Our parents have traveled to celebrate Christmas in our village. My big sis too wasn't home. That was how the entire building was razed, as in totally razed at Christmas.

The fire was fast. It had caught all the ceilings, so when people rushed in to pick things, the ceiling was dropping on them, they had to abort the mission. We didn't bring out a pin from the fire. We had just the clothes we were wearing, no pants nothing. I'm mostly pained about my pictures. All the childhood pictures, those memories gone.

People in the neighborhood started donating stuff ranging from clothes to food, to money. We became destitute. Our parents had to cut short their trip. We slept with friends, family etc for about 3 months before we got our groove back. I had to return to school a week or so after the fire incident. Before then, I moved in with my bf now hubby. My dad had to cough out money for new clothes apart from the normal semester expenses, my bf too. I came back after the semester to a new apartment.

Since then, you'd never see me use that thing, Never!

Damn! Horrible! Great thing no life was lost.

That thing na real harbinger of death and disaster.... With the scary stories all around, the use was discontinued in our home then. It really wreaked havoc, like a spirit follows it around. And majorly na spirit of forgetfulness. cheesy especially when light don go and you leave am.

NB: On no account should that thing be used at night especially when feeling sleepy or sorry na the person name.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by CaptainFM1: 4:56pm On Jun 22, 2022
Back then when electricity was fairly ok, Mr Adewale would tie wire on spoons and Peakmilk can to boil water for garri.

E don tey wey poverty dey this 9ja. I swear poverty no go leave this country unless we all OBIdiently obey the call of Peter.

Already, over 70% will not be returning to parliament. GO GET YOUR PVC. We must drain the remaining swamps.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by cayorday89(m): 4:56pm On Jun 22, 2022
No unpleasant memory, but the thing boiled water for eba for many years and came to the rescue for boiling beans soft before we finalize it on stove by adding salt, pepper and other addables.
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by 2elliot: 4:58pm On Jun 22, 2022
Even turning of the switch of the socket is a problem, as this thing easily damages sockets. Uniport hostel that year. Anytime this thing wire me shock, na one tin of milk straight I dey go drink. Very dangerous something.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by caprini1: 4:59pm On Jun 22, 2022
This useless thing killed my classmate in secondary school,the first funeral i attended in my life.....i have a phobia for it,it can never enter my house.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady Pregnant For Over 4 Years, Gives Birth After Husband Left Her / Meet Dr Lola Bayode, The Doctor Who Built The Biggest Orphanage In Africa(pics) / I Offended My Wife And She Is Denying Me Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.