Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. (39070 Views)

Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women / Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences / Can You Sleep Using This Snake Bed Sheet Cover? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by frankmoney(m): 4:59pm On Jun 22, 2022
I just knew what it was before opening the thread

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Stevebrown(m): 5:01pm On Jun 22, 2022
Can't count how many times this ring shocked me(glad it didn't kee me sha), I used to repair it myself; like replacing the cable from time to time and also replacing the plastic end with carved wood. Oh! Memories!
Used it mostly for cooking beans and yam very fast and deadly at same time.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by lizzyfearless(f): 5:02pm On Jun 22, 2022
Shockey of life.
Anybody wey this thing no shock or melt one item or the other while using it ehn that person na PRO+MAX
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by KingAzubuike(f): 5:03pm On Jun 22, 2022
Things wey dey convert electrical energy to heat energy their shock na from another planet. Eg. Boiling ring, iron, hotplate grin

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Truthfulguy10: 5:04pm On Jun 22, 2022
My Dad banned it the house then
Very deadly grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by nams77: 5:06pm On Jun 22, 2022
jeeqaa7:
I saw my ancestors wen e shock me..

They told me to go back ...
Sey no be ring boiler go kill me ...
Lol
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by adecz: 5:09pm On Jun 22, 2022
⏩⏩ In absence of matches or cigarette
lighter, some hard guys dey use am
light cigarette ... ✌️✌️✌️

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by cayorday89(m): 5:11pm On Jun 22, 2022
LordEclipse:
Lol..I always love removing it from water,let it hit well on its own and then put it back in the water just to hear that 'chioooo' sound..hahahahaa
This was real and the moment you remove it from water and it dries up immediately too is fun, and my mum will just be shouting, and when it is still new it does not shock.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Pbabi(f): 5:14pm On Jun 22, 2022
Omicron007:
The Boiling Ring(Heater) is a very common household electrical appliance in Nigeria. It can be adapted for various uses like boiling water and cooking light meals.

The Heater has caused a lot of disasters and even claimed lives in homes due to improper usage.

Back then in School, I and my roommates used this heater to prepare roasted chicken. When we kill a chicken, we remove the feathers and all the intestines and other necessary 'removables'.

We then insert the heater through the orifice created at the anus region and plug the heater. After some minutes, the chicken becomes fully roasted. We then order some Budweiser Beer to use and wash it down.

Share your experience(s) using this electrical appliance.
Hmmm this thing will shoke you and take you to an unknown destination
I remember once my mom has asked me to check if the water is hot, innocent me I used stainless cup to fetch the water
Omo!!!! Na inside parlour I later see myself sha.

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Udemzy05: 5:16pm On Jun 22, 2022
This boiling ring plus iron kettle show me sege that year.
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by swissgoldenpro2: 5:22pm On Jun 22, 2022
Very helpful and dangerous at the same time

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by sharpwriter(m): 5:23pm On Jun 22, 2022
Moneyboyz:
I knew what it's about before I entered the thread, I wish someone had a bet with me, I would have won.
Me too... Lol

The thing na gangster amidst other electrical appliances, very notorious for mischief and sorrow.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by bbee(m): 5:24pm On Jun 22, 2022
START the RIGHT WAY with A Professional and Profitable Digital Skills Via AMAZON KINDLE PUBLISHING

DON'T WORRY if:

You have tried Everything else and it fails.

You have only a SMARTPHONE (Android/IOS)

You’re on a low budget at the moment

You’re a student with little money

What you will learn::

#How to register on Amazon Kindle.

#How to create books and sell on Amazon.

#Book research secrets people are using to make over $2000 from books they did not write.

#How to use your smartphone and publish books to Amazon kindle.

#How to access over 250 Amazon market places and make money from them.

***There are over 300 million subscribers of Amazon products and brand.

Join the challenge and make money as much as you want.

Note: The world is getting more digital than you expect.

BONUS: Publisher Rocket + License free of charge when you BUY the course.

Whatsapp only 0. 8. 0. 2. 9. 4. 0. 2. 6. 9..2
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by EgunMogaji2: 5:27pm On Jun 22, 2022
I learnt everything about respecting electricity from this device in boarding house.

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Africanpride123(m): 5:29pm On Jun 22, 2022
Way back in 2001, two or three days after 9/11 while at UNN, the boiling ring shock my roommate at Mbanefo hostel. It threw the guy across the room, the guy broke his hand.

We all ran outa the room, slept outside, no one returned that night.

In later years i ended relationship with a fine babe because she insisted i bought a boiling ring.
GOD FORBID THIS APPLIANCE.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by SavageBoy: 5:30pm On Jun 22, 2022
sharpwriter:

See fire... Lol... You be real mumu cheesy grin

Which position you dey for class dat time? grin

Lol

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by sharpwriter(m): 5:34pm On Jun 22, 2022
bizzibodi:
I almost burn house twice with that thing.
1st one as a teen a mistakenly plug d cable instead of radio plug,it was hang on a old fridge vegetables holder omo see fire in d midnight thank God I didn't slept off during 11:15pm movie on NTA.
The 2nd incident was i intend to make tea when phcn took power & i was preparing to go for one public lecture,i forgot totally went for d event,i was returning from the event 5hrs later at 8pm remember inside bus in Lagos holdup,i almost jump out & starts running for 10km but keep my cool & pray for phcn not bring power...on reaching my area i saw light my heart somersaulted...I was imagining the landlord house on fire with d whole neighbourhood watching helplessly eventually an okada took me home on opening d door i saw d heater & d iron cup red hot with a stabiliser carton close to it untouched i stretched forth my hand & off d switch,then made d sign of d cross.

Your 2nd story : what a great relief and narrow escape! Lolz
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by FromZeroToHero(m): 5:40pm On Jun 22, 2022
We normally use back then in school to parboil beans
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Bashnigga(m): 5:41pm On Jun 22, 2022
It consumes power a lot and it melts socket

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Drsheddy(m): 5:42pm On Jun 22, 2022
I used it very well during my university days,

I always use it to boiled beans in the hostel then
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Goldie16(f): 5:46pm On Jun 22, 2022
Burnt our house. If not for neighbor's intervention, the house would have burnt to ashes

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by sharpwriter(m): 5:48pm On Jun 22, 2022
caprini1:
This useless thing killed my classmate in secondary school,the first funeral i attended in my life.....i have a phobia for it,it can never enter my house.

cry sorry

burnt or electrocution?
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by sharpwriter(m): 5:51pm On Jun 22, 2022
2elliot:
Even turning of the switch of the socket is a problem, as this thing easily damages sockets. Uniport hostel that year. Anytime this thing wire me shock, na one tin of milk straight I dey go drink. Very dangerous something.

Yeah, I remember some saying it tampers with their electrical wiring... Which country dey manufacture the thing sef? Àbí na Chinko product?
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by officialralph: 5:54pm On Jun 22, 2022
grin grin grin. My experience was a deadly one, I was boiling egg using this ring, after a well heated timing I dip a metal spoon to pick the egg. Hmmmn. Miraculously I met myself at our door entrance, didn't know how I got there.

That was the last time I used it.

7 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Trojan8(m): 5:59pm On Jun 22, 2022
I was in primary school. Before now we were always using it without issues. So that day, we learnt that boiling water would help get rid of germs. That's how I took this boiling ring and placed it inside the bucket of drinking water to hit it up.

After I while, came back to check if it was boiling. I foolishly dip my hands inside it, still can't remember how I got to the ground. The kind of shocking that I got that day would never be forgotten. Nobody in my house knew about what happened till today.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by princewarri1985: 6:07pm On Jun 22, 2022
Omicron007:
The Boiling Ring(Heater) is a very common household electrical appliance in Nigeria. It can be adapted for various uses like boiling water and cooking light meals.

The Heater has caused a lot of disasters and even claimed lives in homes due to improper usage.

Back then in School, I and my roommates used this heater to prepare roasted chicken. When we kill a chicken, we remove the feathers and all the intestines and other necessary 'removables'.

We then insert the heater through the orifice created at the anus region and plug the heater. After some minutes, the chicken becomes fully roasted. We then order some Budweiser Beer to use and wash it down.

Share your experience(s) using this electrical appliance.
them plug water you go go chuck hand inside the water to see wether he don hot then the water go shock you! Lol, i believe everybody experience this and we also dey use this heater dey cook beans that year too
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by LogicBomb8: 6:08pm On Jun 22, 2022
Camelot65:
This and electric cooker Grrrrrrrrrrrrr me.

Plugged the heater and dipped my hand in the bucket, you know the rest.

As for the cooker, a pot was on it, wanted to check if it's red already so I lifted a side of the pot angry
What kind of electric cooker is it the one that looks like glass?

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by placeofallure(f): 6:15pm On Jun 22, 2022
CharleyBright:

Quite a horrible experience u have painted. I can even picture it on my mind.
What happened to the sleeping baby? You said not a single pin was salvaged.
Pls Don't tell me the baby died in the fire.
The mother would have ran mad with her carelessness if the baby died.
So disheartening.

No, one person braved it to go get the baby. Really it was a terrible experience. We didn't bring out a pin. They even donated underwears, that's to tell you how bad it was. My sister was pained because of her certificates, university and NYSC. Me just my clothes and pictures, especially pictures. I had quite a collection cause there was no single day I didn't take pictures on campus. Looking back now, we just laugh over it. Even then, we joked about it. It was 1999, I remember my friends joking that our house wasn't millennium compliant, that was why it was razed. Thank God for life. grin

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Pootle: 6:25pm On Jun 22, 2022
maleekberry:
A deadly appliance shocked
A perfect example of small but mighty
You fit use am boil water, cook food and also make soup.

But if this heater shock you, all your hair go stand immediately

some dey even use do abortion
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Camelot65: 6:26pm On Jun 22, 2022
LogicBomb8:

What kind of electric cooker is it the one that looks like glass?
Nope, it's been a long time though, it's the electric coil cooker below.

The one with a glass top does nada.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Redpillar(m): 6:29pm On Jun 22, 2022
I hate it with passion.
The useless thing almost killed my sibling.
Gives me PTSD every time I see it. You can’t use that shiit in my presence.

I hate it a lot.

Followed by that gas cylinder with a fitted burner.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by LogicBomb8: 6:30pm On Jun 22, 2022
Camelot65:
Nope, it's been a long time though, it's the electric coil cooker.

lolz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady Pregnant For Over 4 Years, Gives Birth After Husband Left Her / Meet Dr Lola Bayode, The Doctor Who Built The Biggest Orphanage In Africa(pics) / I Offended My Wife And She Is Denying Me Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.